IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Peter

They obviously didn't do their homework - but that's just what we expect of them.

BBJo

-

Peter

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:32 PM

Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Hi Peter

Y'know, on this subject I saw a Kerrang! today with the front cover "celebrating 2 years of Heavy Metal"... I think I had about 4 thoughts hit me all at the same time... since when did Kerrang! cover heavy metal, since when did heavy metal "start" in 1981... what about Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, etc. who were all around almost a decade before...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

hi peter,

well the original discussion was the NME was a UK thing.

that's true, but the music that they covered belong to whomever

loved that music. yes, it was a british publication, but it might as

well not be

because we knew the name of every single band in there.

when we drove real far to get this publication, we weren't

thinking " we will read about british music "

we were thinking " we will read about the music we like "

there have been several british invasions, throuhgout the decades,

I happened to be a teen in the 80's and 90's during the new

wave/alternative scene,

New Order, JOy division, Yaz, Morrissey, Depeche Mode, UB40, the

specials, the sundays, the cure.

belonged to us, our gods, we lived and breathed them.

, " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab

wrote:

>

> Hi Anouk

> I think you're missing the point - some bands are popular in some

countries,

> and not in others. How many of you folks in the US have ever heard of

> Gotthard? Probably only a handful, yet in Germany and Switzerland

they do

> sell out stadium tours. Nelson, who I gather were huge in the US a

few years

> back have never been heard of in England. Ten are one of the biggest

bands

> in Japan, frequently getting to the top of the Japanese charts -

virtually

> unheard of in Europe or America....

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Guest guest

hey

how would you like it if I called your music hype?

my question is why all the borders? perhaps i liked that

NME, because I was intesely curious about greener grass(music)

on the other side. perhaps identifying with another place

was just angst.

did you not ever buy a magazine from another country?

or identified very much with music, from another culture.

there was a period in my life, when I was sixteen

wanted to live in california,

because I and my friends, had seen a bunch of movies

with teens in california having loads of fun.

molly ringwald,

fast times at ridgemont high,

valley girl,

revenge of the nerds,

piggys, etc.

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> NME is a british publication with a bias towards its target

audience, i.e. the british, therefore it stands to reason that it

promotes british bands.

> I think it sad that if people buy into one hype or another so much

that they end up cursing where they were born/live?

Guest guest

piggy's?

>Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>Jun 6, 2006 8:02 PM

>

> Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

>

>hey

>how would you like it if I called your music hype?

>

>my question is why all the borders? perhaps i liked that

>NME, because I was intesely curious about greener grass(music)

>on the other side. perhaps identifying with another place

>was just angst.

>did you not ever buy a magazine from another country?

>or identified very much with music, from another culture.

>

>there was a period in my life, when I was sixteen

>wanted to live in california,

>because I and my friends, had seen a bunch of movies

>with teens in california having loads of fun.

>

>molly ringwald,

>fast times at ridgemont high,

>valley girl,

>revenge of the nerds,

>piggys, etc.

>

>

>

> , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>>

>> NME is a british publication with a bias towards its target

>audience, i.e. the british, therefore it stands to reason that it

>promotes british bands.

>> I think it sad that if people buy into one hype or another so much

>that they end up cursing where they were born/live?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Karrang is a strange beast, I always thought that it was a heavy metal/rock magazine? 2 years of heavy metal ( I think it must have been a typo 20 years?) ..perhaps they were just celebrating the last 20 years, and celebrating the rest later?, or perhaps the magazine has only been around for 20 years so they are celebrating 20 years of Kerrang? Either way, I remember music in the late 60s/70s when metal was called Rock! The Valley Vegan.............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter Y'know, on this subject I saw a Kerrang! today with the front cover "celebrating 2 years of Heavy Metal"... I think I had about 4

thoughts hit me all at the same time... since when did Kerrang! cover heavy metal, since when did heavy metal "start" in 1981... what about Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, etc. who were all around almost a decade before... BB Peter - peter VV Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:47 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! NME is a british publication with a bias towards its target audience, i.e. the british, therefore it stands to reason that it promotes british bands. I think it sad that if people buy into one hype or another so much that they end up cursing where they were born/live? Yes there are punks everywhere, the same as there are metal heads/ rap fans/goths whatever in every country. The NME in the late 70`s when I stopped reading it was all punk / indie - 75%plus british and hardly never featured rock/ rap/soul/ rock and roll / and very little reggae ( until the two tone movement

emerged ). The Valley Vegan.............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: fraggle,music has no country, no boundaries, do the ramones belong to the east village only?do social distortion belong to orange county?I bet there are punks in India. NME is a publication with articles about the music that we like/liked, only the bands had a british accent when the spoke. I know many people who cursed being born in new york city,because they thought that they should've been living in london or california. That is how much they identified with the alternative scene. the universal language of music is spoken by everyone. is not michael jackson popular in japan? , fraggle wrote:>> but still...NME is

basically british.....> it is published in the UK....> just like something like the NY times is published in the US, butcan be found all over, its opinions and > most of its readers are going to be in the US> > > > > >Anouk Sickler > >Jun 2, 2006 8:37 AM> > > > Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?!yeah right!> >> >but...tis a UK thing anyways> >*shrug*> >> >> >> >Hi fraggle, > >> >i disagree, it was not a UK thing only, > >since NME, new music express, was a music news magazine> >that was like Gold, > >> >this publication was highly sought after and would be stolen> >or passed along from dorm to dorm > >where I was going to

college, > >> >when we could not find it in New york, we would drive upstate > >to New Paltz to buy copies of it. > >> >there were excelelnt articles on what was happening > >in the alternative scene in England, undergraound london, etc. > >> >I went to shcool, with Goths, and british wannabees or at least> >indentifiying with this music scene. > >

Guest guest

You can call my music hype if you like, but bearing in mind that I like blues, rap, metal, punk, indie, some reggae, soul.its a lot of hype! All I can say is that you may have been very imressionable at that age? Californ-ia eh? The Valley Vegan.............. Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart.Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: heyhow would you like it if I called your music hype?my question is why all the borders? perhaps i liked that NME, because I was intesely curious about greener grass(music) on the other side. perhaps identifying with another placewas just angst. did you not ever buy a

magazine from another country?or identified very much with music, from another culture.there was a period in my life, when I was sixteen wanted to live in california, because I and my friends, had seen a bunch of movieswith teens in california having loads of fun. molly ringwald,fast times at ridgemont high,valley girl, revenge of the nerds,piggys, etc. , peter VV wrote:>> NME is a british publication with a bias towards its targetaudience, i.e. the british, therefore it stands to reason that itpromotes british bands.> I think it sad that if people buy into one hype or another so muchthat they end up cursing where they were born/live?

Guest guest

quoting led zep

thats it..marriage and honeymoon are off!

peter VV Jun 7, 2006 11:01 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

You can call my music hype if you like, but bearing in mind that I like blues, rap, metal, punk, indie, some reggae, soul.its a lot of hype!

All I can say is that you may have been very imressionable at that age?

Californ-ia eh?

The Valley Vegan..............

Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart.

I don't wanna be no war hero

Don't want a movie made about me

Just get away from the madness I see

Guest guest

what can I say, I never was one for the punk/hippy hostilities...........I like all sorts of music, and Zep were one of my all time faves.............Jimmy Page a major musical influence of mine. The Valley Vegan.............. spurned and rejected............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: quoting led zep thats it..marriage and honeymoon are off! peter VV Jun 7, 2006 11:01 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! You can

call my music hype if you like, but bearing in mind that I like blues, rap, metal, punk, indie, some reggae, soul.its a lot of hype! All I can say is that you may have been very imressionable at that age? Californ-ia eh? The Valley Vegan.............. Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I seePeter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>Karrang is a strange beast, I always thought that it was a heavy metal/rock magazine?

It did used to be!

> 2 years of heavy metal ( I think it must have been a typo 20 years?) ..perhaps they were just celebrating the last 20 years,

> and celebrating the rest later?, or perhaps the magazine has only been around for 20 years so they are celebrating 20 years

> of Kerrang?

Ummm... actually, my "five" button seems to have ceased working... it should be twenty five years! Sorry for the confusion!

>Either way, I remember music in the late 60s/70s when metal was called Rock!

OK - I'm too young to remember. I seem to recall reading that the term "heavy metal" comes from a Steppenwolf song, which I guess would have been mid 70s?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

didn't borrough's have a character in an early 60's novel called the heavy metal kid? i wanna say uriah heap..but no, that was in the bible..soo..something like that

and yeah..born to be wild used the term heavy metal in the song(by steppenwolf)..sometime in the late 60's...

Peter Jun 7, 2006 12:30 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Hi Peter

>Karrang is a strange beast, I always thought that it was a heavy metal/rock magazine?

It did used to be!

> 2 years of heavy metal ( I think it must have been a typo 20 years?) ..perhaps they were just celebrating the last 20 years,

> and celebrating the rest later?, or perhaps the magazine has only been around for 20 years so they are celebrating 20 years

> of Kerrang?

Ummm... actually, my "five" button seems to have ceased working... it should be twenty five years! Sorry for the confusion!

OK - I'm too young to remember. I seem to recall reading that the term "heavy metal" comes from a Steppenwolf song, which I guess would have been mid 70s?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

We never saw Led Zep but did go to see Page and Plant a few years ago - they had a Morrocan orchestra, and a large hurdy-gurdy with them. They were very good.

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:41 PM

what can I say, I never was one for the punk/hippy hostilities...........I like all sorts of music, and Zep were one of my all time faves.............Jimmy Page a major musical influence of mine.

spurned and rejected............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

quoting led zep

peter VV Jun 7, 2006 11:01 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

You can call my music hype if you like, but bearing in mind that I like blues, rap, metal, punk, indie, some reggae, soul.its a lot of hype!

Californ-ia eh?

Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

funny you should mention that

was watchin some program in the wee hours of the AM, and some heavy metal folks were decrying bands using orchastras...as in, "enough was enough"

sorry..can't recall who they were..just some calvacade of this er that band er wotever...

takes all kinds

:)

jo Jun 7, 2006 1:40 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Hi Peter

We never saw Led Zep but did go to see Page and Plant a few years ago - they had a Morrocan orchestra, and a large hurdy-gurdy with them. They were very good.

Jo

-

peter VV

what can I say, I never was one for the punk/hippy hostilities...........I like all sorts of music, and Zep were one of my all time faves.............Jimmy Page a major musical influence of mine.

quoting led zep

Californ-ia eh?

Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see

Peter H

Guest guest

I think there is room for all sorts in heavy metal. I'm quite a fan of the classical voice used alongside death metal vocals - it works well.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:03 PM

was watchin some program in the wee hours of the AM, and some heavy metal folks were decrying bands using orchastras...as in, "enough was enough"

sorry..can't recall who they were..just some calvacade of this er that band er wotever...

takes all kinds

jo Jun 7, 2006 1:40 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

quoting led zep

Californ-ia eh?

Peter H

Guest guest

I think I meant porkys

I saw it once on video,

I don't remember it well.

but it was a teen movie.

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> piggy's?

>

>

> >Anouk Sickler <zurumato

> >Jun 6, 2006 8:02 PM

> >

> > Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?!

yeah right!

>

Guest guest

thats wot i figured

wrong place...

porkys took place in yer neck o da woods....florida

>Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>Jun 7, 2006 11:04 PM

>

> Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

>

>I think I meant porkys

>I saw it once on video,

>I don't remember it well.

>but it was a teen movie.

>

>

>

> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>>

>> piggy's?

>>

>>

>> >Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>> >Jun 6, 2006 8:02 PM

>> >

>> > Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?!

>yeah right!

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

I think I saw some of that on a video, Page looks so fat compared to how he was! I`m sure they did a version of Kashmir? The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter We never saw Led Zep but did go to see Page and Plant a few years ago - they had a Morrocan orchestra, and a large hurdy-gurdy with them. They were very good. Jo - peter VV Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:41 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! what can I say, I never was one for the punk/hippy hostilities...........I like all sorts of music, and Zep were one of my all time faves.............Jimmy Page a major musical influence of mine. The Valley Vegan.............. spurned and rejected............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: quoting led zep thats it..marriage and honeymoon are off! peter VV Jun 7, 2006 11:01 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! You can call my music hype if you like, but bearing in mind that I like blues, rap, metal, punk, indie, some reggae, soul.its a lot of hype! All I can say is that you may have been very imressionable at that age? Californ-ia eh? The Valley

Vegan.............. Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

Supposedly the term was coined for Led Zeppelin, but there are many stories on the origin..........who knows or cares? The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: didn't borrough's have a character in an early 60's novel called the heavy metal kid? i wanna say uriah heap..but no, that was in the bible..soo..something like that and yeah..born to be wild used the term heavy metal in the song(by steppenwolf)..sometime in the late 60's... Peter Jun 7, 2006 12:30 PM Re:

Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! Hi Peter >Karrang is a strange beast, I always thought that it was a heavy metal/rock magazine? It did used to be! > 2 years of heavy metal ( I think it must have been a typo 20 years?) ..perhaps they were just celebrating the last 20 years, > and celebrating the rest later?, or perhaps the magazine has only been around for 20 years so they are celebrating 20 years > of Kerrang? Ummm... actually, my "five" button seems to have ceased working... it should be twenty five years! Sorry for the confusion! >Either way, I remember music in the late 60s/70s when metal was called Rock! OK - I'm too young to remember. I seem to recall reading that the term "heavy metal" comes from a Steppenwolf song, which I guess would have been mid 70s? BB Peter I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I seePeter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

i find origins of terms/words neat...

i think iron butterfly's album heavy had an influence as well

peter VV Jun 8, 2006 10:55 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Supposedly the term was coined for Led Zeppelin, but there are many stories on the origin..........who knows or cares?

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

didn't borrough's have a character in an early 60's novel called the heavy metal kid? i wanna say uriah heap..but no, that was in the bible..soo..something like that

and yeah..born to be wild used the term heavy metal in the song(by steppenwolf)..sometime in the late 60's...

Peter Jun 7, 2006 12:30 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Hi Peter

It did used to be!

> of Kerrang?

BB

Peter I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see

Peter H

Guest guest

Strange that, 20 -30 years ago, every major rock band was doin orchestras ( resistin the inuendo ), now its all my death metal is more harder than yours!, and lets dress up and be scary!.come on guys concentrate on the music! The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: funny you should mention that was watchin some program in the wee hours of the AM, and some heavy metal folks were decrying bands using orchastras...as in, "enough was enough" sorry..can't recall who they were..just some calvacade of this er that band er wotever... takes all kinds :) jo Jun 7, 2006 1:40 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! Hi Peter We never saw Led Zep but did go to see Page and Plant a few years ago - they had a Morrocan orchestra, and a large hurdy-gurdy with them. They were very good. Jo - peter VV Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:41 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! what can I say, I never was one for the punk/hippy hostilities...........I like all sorts of music, and Zep were one of my all time faves.............Jimmy Page a major musical influence of mine. The Valley Vegan.............. spurned and rejected............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: quoting led zep thats it..marriage and honeymoon are off! peter VV Jun 7, 2006 11:01 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! You can call my music hype if you like, but bearing in mind that I like blues, rap, metal, punk, indie, some reggae, soul.its a lot of hype! All I can say is that you may have been very imressionable at that age? Californ-ia eh? The Valley

Vegan.............. Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I seePeter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

you mean like kiss?

hee hee hee

peter VV Jun 8, 2006 11:45 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Strange that, 20 -30 years ago, every major rock band was doin orchestras ( resistin the inuendo ), now its all my death metal is more harder than yours!, and lets dress up and be scary!.come on guys concentrate on the music!

The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

takes all kinds

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

quoting led zep

Californ-ia eh?

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see

Peter H

All New Mail Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

They did do Kashmir. He had put on a little weight, but I didn't that he was fat.

Jo

-- Original Message -----

peter VV

Thursday, June 08, 2006 6:53 PM

I think I saw some of that on a video, Page looks so fat compared to how he was! I`m sure they did a version of Kashmir?

The Valley Vegan...............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

quoting led zep

Californ-ia eh?

Peter H

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

I thought I said every major rock band................ The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: you mean like kiss? hee hee hee peter VV Jun 8, 2006 11:45 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! Strange that, 20 -30 years ago, every major rock band was doin orchestras ( resistin the inuendo ), now its all my death metal is more harder than yours!, and lets dress up and be scary!.come on guys concentrate on the

music! The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: funny you should mention that was watchin some program in the wee hours of the AM, and some heavy metal folks were decrying bands using orchastras...as in, "enough was enough" sorry..can't recall who they were..just some calvacade of this er that band er wotever... takes all kinds :) jo Jun 7, 2006 1:40 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah

right! Hi Peter We never saw Led Zep but did go to see Page and Plant a few years ago - they had a Morrocan orchestra, and a large hurdy-gurdy with them. They were very good. Jo - peter VV Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:41 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! what can I say, I never was one for the punk/hippy hostilities...........I like all sorts of music, and Zep were one of my all time faves.............Jimmy Page a major musical influence of mine. The Valley Vegan.............. spurned and rejected............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: quoting

led zep thats it..marriage and honeymoon are off! peter VV Jun 7, 2006 11:01 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! You can call my music hype if you like, but bearing in mind that I like blues, rap, metal, punk, indie, some reggae, soul.its a lot of hype! All I can say is that you may have been very imressionable at that age? Californ-ia eh? The Valley Vegan.............. Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away

from the madness I see Peter H All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I seePeter H

Guest guest

oh..i'm sorry

you mean like the alarm?

peter VV Jun 8, 2006 2:28 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

I thought I said every major rock band................

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

you mean like kiss?

hee hee hee

peter VV Jun 8, 2006 11:45 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Strange that, 20 -30 years ago, every major rock band was doin orchestras ( resistin the inuendo ), now its all my death metal is more harder than yours!, and lets dress up and be scary!.come on guys concentrate on the music!

takes all kinds

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

quoting led zep

Californ-ia eh?

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away

from the madness I see

Peter H

All New Mail Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see

Peter H

Guest guest

The real hard death metal bands don't dress up :-)

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:45 PM

takes all kinds

Hi Peter

Jo

-

peter VV

quoting led zep

Californ-ia eh?

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see

Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

no need for that was there! The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: oh..i'm sorry you mean like the alarm? :) peter VV Jun 8, 2006 2:28 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! I thought I said every major rock band................ The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: you mean like kiss? hee hee hee peter VV Jun 8, 2006 11:45 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! Strange that, 20 -30 years ago, every major rock band was doin orchestras ( resistin the inuendo ), now its all my death metal is more harder than yours!, and lets dress up and be scary!.come on guys concentrate on the music! The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: funny you should mention that was watchin some program in the wee hours of the AM, and some heavy metal folks were decrying bands using orchastras...as in, "enough was enough" sorry..can't recall who they were..just some calvacade of this er that band er wotever... takes all kinds :) jo Jun 7, 2006 1:40 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! Hi Peter We never saw Led Zep but did go to see Page and Plant a few years ago - they had a Morrocan orchestra, and a large hurdy-gurdy with them. They were very good. Jo - peter VV Wednesday, June 07,

2006 7:41 PM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! what can I say, I never was one for the punk/hippy hostilities...........I like all sorts of music, and Zep were one of my all time faves.............Jimmy Page a major musical influence of mine. The Valley Vegan.............. spurned and rejected............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: quoting led zep thats it..marriage and honeymoon are off! peter VV

Jun 7, 2006 11:01 AM Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! You can call my music hype if you like, but bearing in mind that I like blues, rap, metal, punk, indie, some reggae, soul.its a lot of hype! All I can say is that you may have been very imressionable at that age? Californ-ia eh? The Valley Vegan.............. Spent my days with a woman unkind,Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine.Made up my mind to make a new start,Going to california with an aching in my heart. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see Peter H All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I see Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. I don't wanna be no war hero Don't want a movie made about me I don't wanna be no war hero Just get away from the madness I seePeter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...