IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Who the hell voted for this? Come on then, own up how many of these have you got? my score was 21/100,( but I have ripped a few tracks off a few more ). Greatest 100 Albums of All Time (as voted for by readers of British Hit Singles and Albums and NME.COM) 1. Definitely Maybe, Oasis 2. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band, The Beatles3. Revolver, The Beatles 4. OK Computer, Radiohead 5. (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis 6. Nevermind, Nirvana 7. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd 9. The Queen Is Dead, Smiths 10. The Bends, Radiohead 11. The Joshua Tree, U212. London Calling, The Clash 13. The Beatles (The White Album), The Beatles 14. Abbey Road, The Beatles 15. Up The Bracket, The Libertines 16. Never Mind The Bollocks Here’s The Sex Pistols, Sex Pistols 17.

Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin 18. The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, David Bowie 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen 20. Is This It, The Strokes 21. Hot Fuss, The Killers22. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys 23. Grace, Jeff Buckley 24. The Holy Bible, Manic Street Preachers25. Bat Out Of Hell, MeatLoaf 26. Appetite For Destruction, Guns'n'Roses 27. Employment, Kaiser Chiefs 28. Rubber Soul, The Beatles 29. Rumours, Fleetwood Mac 30. The Libertines, The Libertines 31. Urban Hymns, The Verve 32. American Idiot, Green Day 33. A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay 34. Parklife, Blur 35. Thriller, Michael Jackson 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd 37. Automatic For The People, R.E.M. 38. Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand 39. Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield 40. Achtung Baby, U2 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 42. Exile On Main Street, The

Rolling Stones 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel 44. Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin 45. Parallel Lines, Blondie 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits 47. Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan 48. Hunky Dory, David Bowie 49. X & Y, Coldplay 50. Who’s Next, The Who 51. Hopes And Fears, Keane 52. Parachutes, Coldplay 53. Arrival, Abba 54. Different Class, Pulp 55. The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground56. Forever Changes, Love 57. What’s Going On, Marvin Gaye 58. Let It Bleed, The Rolling Stones 59. Elephant, The White Stripes 60. Doolittle, Pixies 61. Absolution, Muse 62. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton John 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen 64. Come On Over, Shania Twain 65. Sign ’o’ The Times, Prince 66. Ten, Pearl Jam 67. Kasabian, Kasabian 68. Dookie, Green Day 69. Origin Of Symmetry, Muse 70. Hounds

Of Love, Kate Bush 71. Blonde On Blonde, Bob Dylan 72. All Mod Cons, The Jam 73. Blue, Joni Mitchell 74. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes 75. Dog Man Star, Suede76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica 77. Dare!, Human League 78. Closer, Joy Division 79. In Utero, Nirvana 80. Back In Black, AC/DC 81. Funeral, Arcade Fire 82. Up All Night, Razorlight83. Ray Of Light, Madonna 84. Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen 85. Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin 86. Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, Arctic Monkeys 87. A Day At The Races, Queen 88. The Lexicon Of Love, ABC 89. Spice, Spice Girls 90. Violator, Depeche Mode91. Final Straw, Snow Patrol 92. Electric Warrior, T. Rex 93. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette 94. Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division95. Kid A, Radiohead 96. Out Of The Blue, Electric Light

Orchestra97. The Smiths, The Smiths 98. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine 100. Hotel California, The EaglesPeter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

spice gurls??

yeah..ok

anyways...

about 4/100

i think...not sure about one if i have it er not....

peter VV Jun 1, 2006 11:44 AM Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Who the hell voted for this? Come on then, own up how many of these have you got? my score was 21/100,( but I have ripped a few tracks off a few more ).

Greatest 100 Albums of All Time (as voted for by readers of British Hit Singles and Albums and NME.COM)

1. Definitely Maybe, Oasis 2. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles3. Revolver, The Beatles 4. OK Computer, Radiohead 5. (Whats The Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis 6. Nevermind, Nirvana 7. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd 9. The Queen Is Dead, Smiths 10. The Bends, Radiohead 11. The Joshua Tree, U212. London Calling, The Clash 13. The Beatles (The White Album), The Beatles 14. Abbey Road, The Beatles 15. Up The Bracket, The Libertines 16. Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols, Sex Pistols 17. Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin 18. The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, David Bowie 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen 20. Is This It, The Strokes 21. Hot Fuss, The Killers22. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys 23. Grace, Jeff Buckley 24. The Holy Bible, Manic Street Preachers25. Bat Out Of Hell, MeatLoaf 26. Appetite For Destruction, Guns'n'Roses 27. Employment, Kaiser Chiefs 28. Rubber Soul, The Beatles 29. Rumours, Fleetwood Mac 30. The Libertines, The Libertines 31. Urban Hymns, The Verve 32. American Idiot, Green Day 33. A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay 34. Parklife, Blur 35. Thriller, Michael Jackson 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd 37. Automatic For The People, R.E.M. 38. Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand 39. Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield 40. Achtung Baby, U2 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 42. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel 44. Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin 45. Parallel Lines, Blondie 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits 47. Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan 48. Hunky Dory, David Bowie 49. X & Y, Coldplay 50. Whos Next, The Who 51. Hopes And Fears, Keane 52. Parachutes, Coldplay 53. Arrival, Abba 54. Different Class, Pulp 55. The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground56. Forever Changes, Love 57. Whats Going On, Marvin Gaye 58. Let It Bleed, The Rolling Stones 59. Elephant, The White Stripes 60. Doolittle, Pixies 61. Absolution, Muse 62. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton John 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen 64. Come On Over, Shania Twain 65. Sign o The Times, Prince 66. Ten, Pearl Jam 67. Kasabian, Kasabian 68. Dookie, Green Day 69. Origin Of Symmetry, Muse 70. Hounds Of Love, Kate Bush 71. Blonde On Blonde, Bob Dylan 72. All Mod Cons, The Jam 73. Blue, Joni Mitchell 74. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes 75. Dog Man Star, Suede76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica 77. Dare!, Human League 78. Closer, Joy Division 79. In Utero, Nirvana 80. Back In Black, AC/DC 81. Funeral, Arcade Fire 82. Up All Night, Razorlight83. Ray Of Light, Madonna 84. Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen 85. Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin 86. Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What Im Not, Arctic Monkeys 87. A Day At The Races, Queen 88. The Lexicon Of Love, ABC 89. Spice, Spice Girls 90. Violator, Depeche Mode91. Final Straw, Snow Patrol 92. Electric Warrior, T. Rex 93. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette 94. Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division95. Kid A, Radiohead 96. Out Of The Blue, Electric Light Orchestra97. The Smiths, The Smiths 98. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine 100. Hotel California, The Eagles

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Well, I own none of them, I have copies of 3 of them (and all the Queen ones at that!) There's about 22 on there that I wouldn't object to owning.

Now, Jo on the other hand might well have a good few ;-)

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:44 PM

Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Who the hell voted for this? Come on then, own up how many of these have you got? my score was 21/100,( but I have ripped a few tracks off a few more ).

Greatest 100 Albums of All Time (as voted for by readers of British Hit Singles and Albums and NME.COM)

1. Definitely Maybe, Oasis 2. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band, The Beatles3. Revolver, The Beatles 4. OK Computer, Radiohead 5. (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis 6. Nevermind, Nirvana 7. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd 9. The Queen Is Dead, Smiths 10. The Bends, Radiohead 11. The Joshua Tree, U212. London Calling, The Clash 13. The Beatles (The White Album), The Beatles 14. Abbey Road, The Beatles 15. Up The Bracket, The Libertines 16. Never Mind The Bollocks Here’s The Sex Pistols, Sex Pistols 17. Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin 18. The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, David Bowie 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen 20. Is This It, The Strokes 21. Hot Fuss, The Killers22. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys 23. Grace, Jeff Buckley 24. The Holy Bible, Manic Street Preachers25. Bat Out Of Hell, MeatLoaf 26. Appetite For Destruction, Guns'n'Roses 27. Employment, Kaiser Chiefs 28. Rubber Soul, The Beatles 29. Rumours, Fleetwood Mac 30. The Libertines, The Libertines 31. Urban Hymns, The Verve 32. American Idiot, Green Day 33. A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay 34. Parklife, Blur 35. Thriller, Michael Jackson 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd 37. Automatic For The People, R.E.M. 38. Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand 39. Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield 40. Achtung Baby, U2 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 42. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel 44. Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin 45. Parallel Lines, Blondie 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits 47. Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan 48. Hunky Dory, David Bowie 49. X & Y, Coldplay 50. Who’s Next, The Who 51. Hopes And Fears, Keane 52. Parachutes, Coldplay 53. Arrival, Abba 54. Different Class, Pulp 55. The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground56. Forever Changes, Love 57. What’s Going On, Marvin Gaye 58. Let It Bleed, The Rolling Stones 59. Elephant, The White Stripes 60. Doolittle, Pixies 61. Absolution, Muse 62. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton John 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen 64. Come On Over, Shania Twain 65. Sign ’o’ The Times, Prince 66. Ten, Pearl Jam 67. Kasabian, Kasabian 68. Dookie, Green Day 69. Origin Of Symmetry, Muse 70. Hounds Of Love, Kate Bush 71. Blonde On Blonde, Bob Dylan 72. All Mod Cons, The Jam 73. Blue, Joni Mitchell 74. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes 75. Dog Man Star, Suede76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica 77. Dare!, Human League 78. Closer, Joy Division 79. In Utero, Nirvana 80. Back In Black, AC/DC 81. Funeral, Arcade Fire 82. Up All Night, Razorlight83. Ray Of Light, Madonna 84. Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen 85. Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin 86. Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, Arctic Monkeys 87. A Day At The Races, Queen 88. The Lexicon Of Love, ABC 89. Spice, Spice Girls 90. Violator, Depeche Mode91. Final Straw, Snow Patrol 92. Electric Warrior, T. Rex 93. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette 94. Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division95. Kid A, Radiohead 96. Out Of The Blue, Electric Light Orchestra97. The Smiths, The Smiths 98. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine 100. Hotel California, The Eagles

Peter H

Guest guest

Wheres the black music at? jeez louise Oasis best album ????????????? come on, and as for the manic street preachers ? why oh why did they vote for that album when their first album was tumps better, but hey its all subjective I suppose. It just goes to show the audience that voted. The Killers? , Keane ?, bejeebus....Coldplay! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.how on earth did Shania Twain sneak in there?...wierd or what? The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: spice gurls?? yeah..ok anyways... about 4/100 i think...not sure about one if i have it er not.... peter VV Jun 1, 2006 11:44 AM Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right! Who the hell voted for this? Come on then, own up how many of these have you got? my score was 21/100,( but I have ripped a few tracks off a few more ). Greatest 100 Albums of All Time (as voted for by readers of British Hit Singles and Albums and NME.COM) 1. Definitely Maybe, Oasis 2. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band, The Beatles3. Revolver, The Beatles 4. OK Computer, Radiohead 5. (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis 6. Nevermind, Nirvana 7. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd 9. The Queen Is Dead, Smiths 10. The Bends, Radiohead 11. The

Joshua Tree, U212. London Calling, The Clash 13. The Beatles (The White Album), The Beatles 14. Abbey Road, The Beatles 15. Up The Bracket, The Libertines 16. Never Mind The Bollocks Here’s The Sex Pistols, Sex Pistols 17. Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin 18. The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, David Bowie 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen 20. Is This It, The Strokes 21. Hot Fuss, The Killers22. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys 23. Grace, Jeff Buckley 24. The Holy Bible, Manic Street Preachers25. Bat Out Of Hell, MeatLoaf 26. Appetite For Destruction, Guns'n'Roses 27. Employment, Kaiser Chiefs 28. Rubber Soul, The Beatles 29. Rumours, Fleetwood Mac 30. The Libertines, The Libertines 31. Urban Hymns, The Verve 32. American Idiot, Green Day 33. A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay 34. Parklife, Blur 35. Thriller, Michael Jackson

36. The Wall, Pink Floyd 37. Automatic For The People, R.E.M. 38. Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand 39. Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield 40. Achtung Baby, U2 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 42. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel 44. Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin 45. Parallel Lines, Blondie 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits 47. Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan 48. Hunky Dory, David Bowie 49. X & Y, Coldplay 50. Who’s Next, The Who 51. Hopes And Fears, Keane 52. Parachutes, Coldplay 53. Arrival, Abba 54. Different Class, Pulp 55. The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground56. Forever Changes, Love 57. What’s Going On, Marvin Gaye 58. Let It Bleed, The Rolling Stones 59. Elephant, The White Stripes 60. Doolittle, Pixies 61. Absolution, Muse 62. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,

Elton John 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen 64. Come On Over, Shania Twain 65. Sign ’o’ The Times, Prince 66. Ten, Pearl Jam 67. Kasabian, Kasabian 68. Dookie, Green Day 69. Origin Of Symmetry, Muse 70. Hounds Of Love, Kate Bush 71. Blonde On Blonde, Bob Dylan 72. All Mod Cons, The Jam 73. Blue, Joni Mitchell 74. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes 75. Dog Man Star, Suede76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica 77. Dare!, Human League 78. Closer, Joy Division 79. In Utero, Nirvana 80. Back In Black, AC/DC 81. Funeral, Arcade Fire 82. Up All Night, Razorlight83. Ray Of Light, Madonna 84. Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen 85. Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin 86. Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, Arctic Monkeys 87. A Day At The Races, Queen 88. The Lexicon Of Love, ABC 89. Spice, Spice Girls 90. Violator,

Depeche Mode91. Final Straw, Snow Patrol 92. Electric Warrior, T. Rex 93. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette 94. Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division95. Kid A, Radiohead 96. Out Of The Blue, Electric Light Orchestra97. The Smiths, The Smiths 98. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine 100. Hotel California, The Eagles Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

not even sure whom some of those folks are

but...tis a UK thing anyways

*shrug*

peter VV Jun 1, 2006 12:34 PM Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

Wheres the black music at? jeez louise Oasis best album ????????????? come on, and as for the manic street preachers ? why oh why did they vote for that album when their first album was tumps better, but hey its all subjective I suppose. It just goes to show the audience that voted. The Killers? , Keane ?, bejeebus....Coldplay! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.how on earth did Shania Twain sneak in there?...wierd or what?

The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

spice gurls??

yeah..ok

anyways...

about 4/100

i think...not sure about one if i have it er not....

peter VV Jun 1, 2006 11:44 AM Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

1. Definitely Maybe, Oasis 2. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles3. Revolver, The Beatles 4. OK Computer, Radiohead 5. (Whats The Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis 6. Nevermind, Nirvana 7. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd 9. The Queen Is Dead, Smiths 10. The Bends, Radiohead 11. The Joshua Tree, U212. London Calling, The Clash 13. The Beatles (The White Album), The Beatles 14. Abbey Road, The Beatles 15. Up The Bracket, The Libertines 16. Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols, Sex Pistols 17. Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin 18. The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, David Bowie 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen 20. Is This It, The Strokes 21. Hot Fuss, The Killers22. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys 23. Grace, Jeff Buckley 24. The Holy Bible, Manic Street Preachers25. Bat Out Of Hell, MeatLoaf 26. Appetite For Destruction, Guns'n'Roses 27. Employment, Kaiser Chiefs 28. Rubber Soul, The Beatles 29. Rumours, Fleetwood Mac 30. The Libertines, The Libertines 31. Urban Hymns, The Verve 32. American Idiot, Green Day 33. A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay 34. Parklife, Blur 35. Thriller, Michael Jackson 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd 37. Automatic For The People, R.E.M. 38. Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand 39. Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield 40. Achtung Baby, U2 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 42. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel 44. Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin 45. Parallel Lines, Blondie 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits 47. Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan 48. Hunky Dory, David Bowie 49. X & Y, Coldplay 50. Whos Next, The Who 51. Hopes And Fears, Keane 52. Parachutes, Coldplay 53. Arrival, Abba 54. Different Class, Pulp 55. The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground56. Forever Changes, Love 57. Whats Going On, Marvin Gaye 58. Let It Bleed, The Rolling Stones 59. Elephant, The White Stripes 60. Doolittle, Pixies 61. Absolution, Muse 62. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton John 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen 64. Come On Over, Shania Twain 65. Sign o The Times, Prince 66. Ten, Pearl Jam 67. Kasabian, Kasabian 68. Dookie, Green Day 69. Origin Of Symmetry, Muse 70. Hounds Of Love, Kate Bush 71. Blonde On Blonde, Bob Dylan 72. All Mod Cons, The Jam 73. Blue, Joni Mitchell 74. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes 75. Dog Man Star, Suede76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica 77. Dare!, Human League 78. Closer, Joy Division 79. In Utero, Nirvana 80. Back In Black, AC/DC 81. Funeral, Arcade Fire 82. Up All Night, Razorlight83. Ray Of Light, Madonna 84. Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen 85. Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin 86. Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What Im Not, Arctic Monkeys 87. A Day At The Races, Queen 88. The Lexicon Of Love, ABC 89. Spice, Spice Girls 90. Violator, Depeche Mode91. Final Straw, Snow Patrol 92. Electric Warrior, T. Rex 93. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette 94. Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division95. Kid A, Radiohead 96. Out Of The Blue, Electric Light Orchestra97. The Smiths, The Smiths 98. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine 100. Hotel California, The Eagles

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Who the hell voted for this?

probably every single one of my college peers. Oasis was really,

really big at my school.

1995 and 1996 was the year of Oasis, we knew all of their lyrics

and would play their music over and over and over again. And welcomed

them after the infestacion of grunge at our school.

we thought that Oasis where the new beatles. and Green day and

radiohead just ruled.

I must agree completely with that list. I love love love

all of those albums. It is an excelent list

and I would probably take out only two,

meatloaf being one that I don't like that much.

I would just include a few more, like supergrass and smashing pumpking.

>

> Greatest 100 Albums of All Time

> (as voted for by readers of British Hit Singles and Albums and NME.COM)

> 1. Definitely Maybe, Oasis

> 2. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band, The Beatles

> 3. Revolver, The Beatles

> 4. OK Computer, Radiohead

> 5. (What's The Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis

> 6. Nevermind, Nirvana

> 7. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses

> 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd

> 9. The Queen Is Dead, Smiths

> 10. The Bends, Radiohead

> 11. The Joshua Tree, U2

> 12. London Calling, The Clash

> 13. The Beatles (The White Album), The Beatles

> 14. Abbey Road, The Beatles

> 15. Up The Bracket, The Libertines

> 16. Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols, Sex Pistols

> 17. Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin

> 18. The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars,

David Bowie

> 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen

> 20. Is This It, The Strokes

> 21. Hot Fuss, The Killers

> 22. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys

> 23. Grace, Jeff Buckley

> 24. The Holy Bible, Manic Street Preachers

> 25. Bat Out Of Hell, MeatLoaf

> 26. Appetite For Destruction, Guns'n'Roses

> 27. Employment, Kaiser Chiefs

> 28. Rubber Soul, The Beatles

> 29. Rumours, Fleetwood Mac

> 30. The Libertines, The Libertines

> 31. Urban Hymns, The Verve

> 32. American Idiot, Green Day

> 33. A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay

> 34. Parklife, Blur

> 35. Thriller, Michael Jackson

> 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd

> 37. Automatic For The People, R.E.M.

> 38. Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand

> 39. Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield

> 40. Achtung Baby, U2

> 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd

> 42. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones

> 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel

> 44. Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin

> 45. Parallel Lines, Blondie

> 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits

> 47. Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan

> 48. Hunky Dory, David Bowie

> 49. X & Y, Coldplay

> 50. Who's Next, The Who

> 51. Hopes And Fears, Keane

> 52. Parachutes, Coldplay

> 53. Arrival, Abba

> 54. Different Class, Pulp

> 55. The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground

> 56. Forever Changes, Love

> 57. What's Going On, Marvin Gaye

> 58. Let It Bleed, The Rolling Stones

> 59. Elephant, The White Stripes

> 60. Doolittle, Pixies

> 61. Absolution, Muse

> 62. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton John

> 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen

> 64. Come On Over, Shania Twain

> 65. Sign 'o' The Times, Prince

> 66. Ten, Pearl Jam

> 67. Kasabian, Kasabian

> 68. Dookie, Green Day

> 69. Origin Of Symmetry, Muse

> 70. Hounds Of Love, Kate Bush

> 71. Blonde On Blonde, Bob Dylan

> 72. All Mod Cons, The Jam

> 73. Blue, Joni Mitchell

> 74. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes

> 75. Dog Man Star, Suede

> 76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica

> 77. Dare!, Human League

> 78. Closer, Joy Division

> 79. In Utero, Nirvana

> 80. Back In Black, AC/DC

> 81. Funeral, Arcade Fire

> 82. Up All Night, Razorlight

> 83. Ray Of Light, Madonna

> 84. Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen

> 85. Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin

> 86. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, Arctic Monkeys

> 87. A Day At The Races, Queen

> 88. The Lexicon Of Love, ABC

> 89. Spice, Spice Girls

> 90. Violator, Depeche Mode

> 91. Final Straw, Snow Patrol

> 92. Electric Warrior, T. Rex

> 93. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette

> 94. Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division

> 95. Kid A, Radiohead

> 96. Out Of The Blue, Electric Light Orchestra

> 97. The Smiths, The Smiths

> 98. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix

> 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine

> 100. Hotel California, The Eagles

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger.

>

Guest guest

the spice

girls werent taken seriously,

they were just fun music

for a party.

Guest guest

Hi peter,

Shania Twain, is vegan.

she comes from a broken home, and is a humble person.

her music is liked because her lyrics speak to many people.

she had a hard time, trying to make it as a singer and

had to take care of her younger siblings because

her parents were killed in an accident.

I like just some of her songs, but she is respected by me

because she is an example of

anyone with enough determination and hard work

who believes in themselves

can make it.

It just goes to show the audience that voted. The Killers? , Keane ?,

bejeebus....Coldplay! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.how on earth did Shania Twain

sneak in there?...wierd or what?

>

> The Valley Vegan.................

>

>

Guest guest

but...tis a UK thing anyways

*shrug*

Hi fraggle,

i disagree, it was not a UK thing only,

since NME, new music express, was a music news magazine

that was like Gold,

this publication was highly sought after and would be stolen

or passed along from dorm to dorm

where I was going to college,

when we could not find it in New york, we would drive upstate

to New Paltz to buy copies of it.

there were excelelnt articles on what was happening

in the alternative scene in England, undergraound london, etc.

I went to shcool, with Goths, and british wannabees or at least

indentifiying with this music scene.

Guest guest

but still...NME is basically british.....

it is published in the UK....

just like something like the NY times is published in the US, but can be found

all over, its opinions and

most of its readers are going to be in the US

>Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>Jun 2, 2006 8:37 AM

>

> Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

>

>but...tis a UK thing anyways

>*shrug*

>

>

>

>Hi fraggle,

>

>i disagree, it was not a UK thing only,

>since NME, new music express, was a music news magazine

>that was like Gold,

>

>this publication was highly sought after and would be stolen

>or passed along from dorm to dorm

>where I was going to college,

>

>when we could not find it in New york, we would drive upstate

>to New Paltz to buy copies of it.

>

>there were excelelnt articles on what was happening

>in the alternative scene in England, undergraound london, etc.

>

>I went to shcool, with Goths, and british wannabees or at least

>indentifiying with this music scene.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Are you sure that she is vegan, coz I heard she ate fish now and again, some strange diet or other? As to her being in the top 100 albums in a UK poll? The Valley Vegan..............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: Hi peter, Shania Twain, is vegan. she comes from a broken home, and is a humble person. her music is liked because her lyrics speak to many people. she had a hard time, trying to make it as a singer andhad to take care of her younger siblings because her parents were killed in an accident. I like just some of her songs, but she is respected by mebecause she is an example of anyone with enough determination and hard workwho believes in themselves can make it. --- In

, peter VV wrote:It just goes to show the audience that voted. The Killers? , Keane ?,bejeebus....Coldplay! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.how on earth did Shania Twainsneak in there?...wierd or what?> > The Valley Vegan.................> >

Guest guest

Did you use the same sentance as Spice Girls? The Valley Vegan..............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: the spice girls werent taken seriously, they were just fun music for a party.

Guest guest

Hi Anouk, I am curious to know whicj Smashing Pumpins album you would include? Siamese Dream, Melon Collie? I say them live in 95 and they were awsome................... The Valley Vegan............... despite all my rage i am still just a rat in a cagethen someone will say what is lost can never be savedAnouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: , peter VV wrote:>> Who the hell voted for this? probably every single one of my college peers. Oasis was really,really big at my school. 1995 and 1996 was the year of Oasis, we knew all of their lyricsand would play their music over and over and over again. And welcomedthem after the infestacion of grunge at our school.

we thought that Oasis where the new beatles. and Green day andradiohead just ruled. I must agree completely with that list. I love love love all of those albums. It is an excelent list and I would probably take out only two, meatloaf being one that I don't like that much. I would just include a few more, like supergrass and smashing pumpking.> > Greatest 100 Albums of All Time > (as voted for by readers of British Hit Singles and Albums and NME.COM)> 1. Definitely Maybe, Oasis > 2. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band, The Beatles> 3. Revolver, The Beatles > 4. OK Computer, Radiohead > 5. (What's The Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis > 6. Nevermind, Nirvana > 7. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses > 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd > 9. The Queen Is Dead, Smiths > 10. The Bends, Radiohead > 11. The Joshua Tree, U2> 12.

London Calling, The Clash > 13. The Beatles (The White Album), The Beatles > 14. Abbey Road, The Beatles > 15. Up The Bracket, The Libertines > 16. Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols, Sex Pistols > 17. Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin > 18. The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars,David Bowie > 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen > 20. Is This It, The Strokes > 21. Hot Fuss, The Killers> 22. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys > 23. Grace, Jeff Buckley > 24. The Holy Bible, Manic Street Preachers> 25. Bat Out Of Hell, MeatLoaf > 26. Appetite For Destruction, Guns'n'Roses > 27. Employment, Kaiser Chiefs > 28. Rubber Soul, The Beatles > 29. Rumours, Fleetwood Mac > 30. The Libertines, The Libertines > 31. Urban Hymns, The Verve > 32. American Idiot, Green Day > 33. A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay

> 34. Parklife, Blur > 35. Thriller, Michael Jackson > 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd > 37. Automatic For The People, R.E.M. > 38. Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand > 39. Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield > 40. Achtung Baby, U2 > 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd > 42. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones > 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel > 44. Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin > 45. Parallel Lines, Blondie > 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits > 47. Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan > 48. Hunky Dory, David Bowie > 49. X & Y, Coldplay > 50. Who's Next, The Who > 51. Hopes And Fears, Keane > 52. Parachutes, Coldplay > 53. Arrival, Abba > 54. Different Class, Pulp > 55. The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground> 56. Forever Changes, Love > 57. What's Going On, Marvin Gaye > 58.

Let It Bleed, The Rolling Stones > 59. Elephant, The White Stripes > 60. Doolittle, Pixies > 61. Absolution, Muse > 62. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton John > 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen > 64. Come On Over, Shania Twain > 65. Sign 'o' The Times, Prince > 66. Ten, Pearl Jam > 67. Kasabian, Kasabian > 68. Dookie, Green Day > 69. Origin Of Symmetry, Muse > 70. Hounds Of Love, Kate Bush > 71. Blonde On Blonde, Bob Dylan > 72. All Mod Cons, The Jam > 73. Blue, Joni Mitchell > 74. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes > 75. Dog Man Star, Suede> 76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica > 77. Dare!, Human League > 78. Closer, Joy Division > 79. In Utero, Nirvana > 80. Back In Black, AC/DC > 81. Funeral, Arcade Fire > 82. Up All Night, Razorlight> 83. Ray Of Light, Madonna > 84. Born To Run, Bruce

Springsteen > 85. Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin > 86. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, Arctic Monkeys > 87. A Day At The Races, Queen > 88. The Lexicon Of Love, ABC > 89. Spice, Spice Girls > 90. Violator, Depeche Mode> 91. Final Straw, Snow Patrol > 92. Electric Warrior, T. Rex > 93. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette > 94. Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division> 95. Kid A, Radiohead > 96. Out Of The Blue, Electric Light Orchestra> 97. The Smiths, The Smiths > 98. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix > 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine > 100. Hotel California, The Eagles> > > Peter H > > > Send instant messages to your online friendshttp://uk.messenger.>

Guest guest

Hi Peter

This is what I (and/or Colin) have:

6. Nevermind, Nirvana 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen 66. Ten, Pearl Jam 76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica 87. A Day At The Races, Queen 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine

and a collection of Led Zep.

Jo

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

We do have about 11 of them - mainly Colin's.

BBJo

-

Peter

Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:17 PM

Hi Peter

Well, I own none of them, I have copies of 3 of them (and all the Queen ones at that!) There's about 22 on there that I wouldn't object to owning.

Now, Jo on the other hand might well have a good few ;-)

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:44 PM

1. Definitely Maybe, Oasis 2. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart’s Club Band, The Beatles3. Revolver, The Beatles 4. OK Computer, Radiohead 5. (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis 6. Nevermind, Nirvana 7. The Stone Roses, The Stone Roses 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd 9. The Queen Is Dead, Smiths 10. The Bends, Radiohead 11. The Joshua Tree, U212. London Calling, The Clash 13. The Beatles (The White Album), The Beatles 14. Abbey Road, The Beatles 15. Up The Bracket, The Libertines 16. Never Mind The Bollocks Here’s The Sex Pistols, Sex Pistols 17. Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin 18. The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, David Bowie 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen 20. Is This It, The Strokes 21. Hot Fuss, The Killers22. Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys 23. Grace, Jeff Buckley 24. The Holy Bible, Manic Street Preachers25. Bat Out Of Hell, MeatLoaf 26. Appetite For Destruction, Guns'n'Roses 27. Employment, Kaiser Chiefs 28. Rubber Soul, The Beatles 29. Rumours, Fleetwood Mac 30. The Libertines, The Libertines 31. Urban Hymns, The Verve 32. American Idiot, Green Day 33. A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay 34. Parklife, Blur 35. Thriller, Michael Jackson 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd 37. Automatic For The People, R.E.M. 38. Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand 39. Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield 40. Achtung Baby, U2 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 42. Exile On Main Street, The Rolling Stones 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel 44. Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin 45. Parallel Lines, Blondie 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits 47. Blood On The Tracks, Bob Dylan 48. Hunky Dory, David Bowie 49. X & Y, Coldplay 50. Who’s Next, The Who 51. Hopes And Fears, Keane 52. Parachutes, Coldplay 53. Arrival, Abba 54. Different Class, Pulp 55. The Velvet Underground & Nico, The Velvet Underground56. Forever Changes, Love 57. What’s Going On, Marvin Gaye 58. Let It Bleed, The Rolling Stones 59. Elephant, The White Stripes 60. Doolittle, Pixies 61. Absolution, Muse 62. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Elton John 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen 64. Come On Over, Shania Twain 65. Sign ’o’ The Times, Prince 66. Ten, Pearl Jam 67. Kasabian, Kasabian 68. Dookie, Green Day 69. Origin Of Symmetry, Muse 70. Hounds Of Love, Kate Bush 71. Blonde On Blonde, Bob Dylan 72. All Mod Cons, The Jam 73. Blue, Joni Mitchell 74. White Blood Cells, The White Stripes 75. Dog Man Star, Suede76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica 77. Dare!, Human League 78. Closer, Joy Division 79. In Utero, Nirvana 80. Back In Black, AC/DC 81. Funeral, Arcade Fire 82. Up All Night, Razorlight83. Ray Of Light, Madonna 84. Born To Run, Bruce Springsteen 85. Physical Graffiti, Led Zeppelin 86. Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, Arctic Monkeys 87. A Day At The Races, Queen 88. The Lexicon Of Love, ABC 89. Spice, Spice Girls 90. Violator, Depeche Mode91. Final Straw, Snow Patrol 92. Electric Warrior, T. Rex 93. Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morissette 94. Unknown Pleasures, Joy Division95. Kid A, Radiohead 96. Out Of The Blue, Electric Light Orchestra97. The Smiths, The Smiths 98. Electric Ladyland, Jimi Hendrix 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine 100. Hotel California, The Eagles

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Jo

And what about the Beatles LPs????

BB

Peter

-

jo

Sunday, June 04, 2006 4:17 PM

Hi Peter

6. Nevermind, Nirvana 8. Dark Side Of The Moon, Pink Floyd 19. A Night At The Opera, Queen 36. The Wall, Pink Floyd 41. Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 43. Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel 46. Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits 63. Sheer Heart Attack, Queen 66. Ten, Pearl Jam 76. Metallica (the Black Album), Metallica 87. A Day At The Races, Queen 99. Rage Against The Machine, Rage Against The Machine

Jo

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I bought their first two albums - do we have the ones mentioned here? I think I have Tony's ones but can't remember what they are as I liked their early recordings best. I shall have to check.

BBJo

-

Peter

Sunday, June 04, 2006 5:03 PM

Hi Jo

And what about the Beatles LPs????

BB

Peter

-

jo

Sunday, June 04, 2006 4:17 PM

Hi Peter

Jo

Peter H

Guest guest

hi peter,

I haven't heard that she eats fish,

I have heard the contrary, in interviews she has called herself

a strict vegan. She also said her dog was vegetarian.

but who knows, people can change.

why does it matter what country someones music is heard.

>

> Are you sure that she is vegan, coz I heard she ate fish now and

again, some strange diet or other?

> As to her being in the top 100 albums in a UK poll?

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

> Hi peter,

>

> Shania Twain, is vegan.

>

> she comes from a broken home, and is a humble person.

>

> her music is liked because her lyrics speak to many people.

>

> she had a hard time, trying to make it as a singer and

> had to take care of her younger siblings because

> her parents were killed in an accident.

>

> I like just some of her songs, but she is respected by me

> because she is an example of

> anyone with enough determination and hard work

> who believes in themselves

> can make it.

>

>

>

>

> , peter VV wrote:

> It just goes to show the audience that voted. The Killers? , Keane ?,

> bejeebus....Coldplay! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.how on earth did Shania Twain

> sneak in there?...wierd or what?

> >

> > The Valley Vegan.................

> >

Guest guest

hi peter,

i was a pumpkaneer too and saw them live I think in 1996.

I like both of those albums.

>

> Hi Anouk, I am curious to know whicj Smashing Pumpins album you

would include? Siamese Dream, Melon Collie? I say them live in 95 and

they were awsome...................

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

> despite all my rage i am still just a rat in a cage

> then someone will say what is lost can never be saved

>

Guest guest

fraggle,

music has no country, no boundaries,

do the ramones belong to the east village only?

do social distortion belong to orange county?

I bet there are punks in India.

NME is a publication with articles about the music that

we like/liked, only the bands had a british accent when

the spoke.

I know many people who cursed being born in new york city,

because they thought that they should've been living in

london or california. That is how much they identified

with the alternative scene.

the universal language of music is spoken by everyone.

is not michael jackson popular in japan?

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> but still...NME is basically british.....

> it is published in the UK....

> just like something like the NY times is published in the US, but

can be found all over, its opinions and

> most of its readers are going to be in the US

>

>

>

>

> >Anouk Sickler <zurumato

> >Jun 2, 2006 8:37 AM

> >

> > Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?!

yeah right!

> >

> >but...tis a UK thing anyways

> >*shrug*

> >

> >

> >

> >Hi fraggle,

> >

> >i disagree, it was not a UK thing only,

> >since NME, new music express, was a music news magazine

> >that was like Gold,

> >

> >this publication was highly sought after and would be stolen

> >or passed along from dorm to dorm

> >where I was going to college,

> >

> >when we could not find it in New york, we would drive upstate

> >to New Paltz to buy copies of it.

> >

> >there were excelelnt articles on what was happening

> >in the alternative scene in England, undergraound london, etc.

> >

> >I went to shcool, with Goths, and british wannabees or at least

> >indentifiying with this music scene.

> >

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

>music has no country, no boundaries, >do the ramones belong to the east village only?>do social distortion belong to orange county?>I bet there are punks in India. I think you're missing the point - some bands are popular in some countries, and not in others. How many of you folks in the US have ever heard of Gotthard? Probably only a handful, yet in Germany and Switzerland they do sell out stadium tours. Nelson, who I gather were huge in the US a few years back have never been heard of in England. Ten are one of the biggest bands in Japan, frequently getting to the top of the Japanese charts - virtually unheard of in Europe or America....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

ah anouk

lets just disagree ok?

:)

and

there are punx worldwide....

>Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>Jun 5, 2006 7:31 PM

>

> Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

>

>fraggle,

>

>music has no country, no boundaries,

>do the ramones belong to the east village only?

>do social distortion belong to orange county?

>I bet there are punks in India.

>

>NME is a publication with articles about the music that

>we like/liked, only the bands had a british accent when

>the spoke.

>

>I know many people who cursed being born in new york city,

>because they thought that they should've been living in

>london or california. That is how much they identified

>with the alternative scene.

>

>the universal language of music is spoken by everyone.

>

>is not michael jackson popular in japan?

>

>

> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>>

>> but still...NME is basically british.....

>> it is published in the UK....

>> just like something like the NY times is published in the US, but

>can be found all over, its opinions and

>> most of its readers are going to be in the US

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> >Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>> >Jun 2, 2006 8:37 AM

>> >

>> > Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?!

>yeah right!

>> >

>> >but...tis a UK thing anyways

>> >*shrug*

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >Hi fraggle,

>> >

>> >i disagree, it was not a UK thing only,

>> >since NME, new music express, was a music news magazine

>> >that was like Gold,

>> >

>> >this publication was highly sought after and would be stolen

>> >or passed along from dorm to dorm

>> >where I was going to college,

>> >

>> >when we could not find it in New york, we would drive upstate

>> >to New Paltz to buy copies of it.

>> >

>> >there were excelelnt articles on what was happening

>> >in the alternative scene in England, undergraound london, etc.

>> >

>> >I went to shcool, with Goths, and british wannabees or at least

>> >indentifiying with this music scene.

>> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

NME is a british publication with a bias towards its target audience, i.e. the british, therefore it stands to reason that it promotes british bands. I think it sad that if people buy into one hype or another so much that they end up cursing where they were born/live? Yes there are punks everywhere, the same as there are metal heads/ rap fans/goths whatever in every country. The NME in the late 70`s when I stopped reading it was all punk / indie - 75%plus british and hardly never featured rock/ rap/soul/ rock and roll / and very little reggae ( until the two tone movement emerged ). The Valley Vegan.............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: fraggle,music has no country, no boundaries, do the ramones belong to the east village only?do

social distortion belong to orange county?I bet there are punks in India. NME is a publication with articles about the music that we like/liked, only the bands had a british accent when the spoke. I know many people who cursed being born in new york city,because they thought that they should've been living in london or california. That is how much they identified with the alternative scene. the universal language of music is spoken by everyone. is not michael jackson popular in japan? , fraggle wrote:>> but still...NME is basically british.....> it is published in the UK....> just like something like the NY times is published in the US, butcan be found all over, its opinions and > most of its readers are going to be in the US> > > > > >Anouk Sickler

> >Jun 2, 2006 8:37 AM> > > > Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?!yeah right!> >> >but...tis a UK thing anyways> >*shrug*> >> >> >> >Hi fraggle, > >> >i disagree, it was not a UK thing only, > >since NME, new music express, was a music news magazine> >that was like Gold, > >> >this publication was highly sought after and would be stolen> >or passed along from dorm to dorm > >where I was going to college, > >> >when we could not find it in New york, we would drive upstate > >to New Paltz to buy copies of it. > >> >there were excelelnt articles on what was happening > >in the alternative scene in England, undergraound london, etc. > >> >I

went to shcool, with Goths, and british wannabees or at least> >indentifiying with this music scene. > >

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Y'know, on this subject I saw a Kerrang! today with the front cover "celebrating 2 years of Heavy Metal"... I think I had about 4 thoughts hit me all at the same time... since when did Kerrang! cover heavy metal, since when did heavy metal "start" in 1981... what about Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, etc. who were all around almost a decade before...

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:47 PM

Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

NME is a british publication with a bias towards its target audience, i.e. the british, therefore it stands to reason that it promotes british bands.

I think it sad that if people buy into one hype or another so much that they end up cursing where they were born/live?

Yes there are punks everywhere, the same as there are metal heads/ rap fans/goths whatever in every country. The NME in the late 70`s when I stopped reading it was all punk / indie - 75%plus british and hardly never featured rock/ rap/soul/ rock and roll / and very little reggae ( until the two tone movement emerged ).

The Valley Vegan.............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

fraggle,music has no country, no boundaries, do the ramones belong to the east village only?do social distortion belong to orange county?I bet there are punks in India. NME is a publication with articles about the music that we like/liked, only the bands had a british accent when the spoke. I know many people who cursed being born in new york city,because they thought that they should've been living in london or california. That is how much they identified with the alternative scene. the universal language of music is spoken by everyone. is not michael jackson popular in japan? , fraggle wrote:>> but still...NME is basically british.....> it is published in the UK....> just like something like the NY times is published in the US, butcan be found all over, its opinions and > most of its readers are going to be in the US> > > > > >Anouk Sickler > >Jun 2, 2006 8:37 AM> > > > Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?!yeah right!> >> >but...tis a UK thing anyways> >*shrug*> >> >> >> >Hi fraggle, > >> >i disagree, it was not a UK thing only, > >since NME, new music express, was a music news magazine> >that was like Gold, > >> >this publication was highly sought after and would be stolen> >or passed along from dorm to dorm > >where I was going to college, > >> >when we could not find it in New york, we would drive upstate > >to New Paltz to buy copies of it. > >> >there were excelelnt articles on what was happening > >in the alternative scene in England, undergraound london, etc. > >> >I went to shcool, with Goths, and british wannabees or at least> >indentifiying with this music scene. > >

Guest guest

I haven't read NME since the mid sixties - it was all Beatles and Stones then with some of the other British bands thrown in.

Jo

-

peter VV

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:47 PM

Re: Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?! yeah right!

NME is a british publication with a bias towards its target audience, i.e. the british, therefore it stands to reason that it promotes british bands.

I think it sad that if people buy into one hype or another so much that they end up cursing where they were born/live?

Yes there are punks everywhere, the same as there are metal heads/ rap fans/goths whatever in every country. The NME in the late 70`s when I stopped reading it was all punk / indie - 75%plus british and hardly never featured rock/ rap/soul/ rock and roll / and very little reggae ( until the two tone movement emerged ).

The Valley Vegan.............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

fraggle,music has no country, no boundaries, do the ramones belong to the east village only?do social distortion belong to orange county?I bet there are punks in India. NME is a publication with articles about the music that we like/liked, only the bands had a british accent when the spoke. I know many people who cursed being born in new york city,because they thought that they should've been living in london or california. That is how much they identified with the alternative scene. the universal language of music is spoken by everyone. is not michael jackson popular in japan? , fraggle wrote:>> but still...NME is basically british.....> it is published in the UK....> just like something like the NY times is published in the US, butcan be found all over, its opinions and > most of its readers are going to be in the US> > > > > >Anouk Sickler > >Jun 2, 2006 8:37 AM> > > > Re: Greatest 100 Albums of All Time ?!?!?!?!yeah right!> >> >but...tis a UK thing anyways> >*shrug*> >> >> >> >Hi fraggle, > >> >i disagree, it was not a UK thing only, > >since NME, new music express, was a music news magazine> >that was like Gold, > >> >this publication was highly sought after and would be stolen> >or passed along from dorm to dorm > >where I was going to college, > >> >when we could not find it in New york, we would drive upstate > >to New Paltz to buy copies of it. > >> >there were excelelnt articles on what was happening > >in the alternative scene in England, undergraound london, etc. > >> >I went to shcool, with Goths, and british wannabees or at least> >indentifiying with this music scene. > >