IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Christmas works Meal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I just fgot back from my "Italian" works christmas meal. I dont doubt that the restaurant has some Italian connections, but the food I had suckked. Starters was something like Funghi a la angola??or something like that, turned out to be ordinary cheap and cheerful mushrooms braised with garlic and wine and very little taste...no Ceps, no Trompes, just quartered button mushrooms,sad. I ate three or four mouthfulls , got bored and gave it to someone else to finish. Main course was supposed to be penne something courgettes. This turned out to be cold fusili with chargrilled courgettes and aubergines which were burnt not char grilled. Appaling. If I had to pay for it myself , I would have been pissed. I expect they thought that would teach me for being a vegan...................... The Valley

Vegan..................Peter H

Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from

Guest guest

Anything that starts with the word Funghi (fungi here) <grin> makes me think of what grows in my bathroom besides the mold. No wonder it sucked.

Cheerful mushrooms? You have cheerful mushrooms over there? Does that mean smiling ones, or optimistic ones or just what?

I would have been pissed too whether or not I had to pay for it.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

peter hurd

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:43 PM

Re: Christmas works Meal

Well, I just fgot back from my "Italian" works christmas meal. I dont doubt that the restaurant has some Italian connections, but the food I had suckked.

Starters was something like Funghi a la angola??or something like that, turned out to be ordinary cheap and cheerful mushrooms braised with garlic and wine and very little taste...no Ceps, no Trompes, just quartered button mushrooms,sad. I ate three or four mouthfulls , got bored and gave it to someone else to finish.

Main course was supposed to be penne something courgettes. This turned out to be cold fusili with chargrilled courgettes and aubergines which were burnt not char grilled. Appaling. If I had to pay for it myself , I would have been pissed. I expect they thought that would teach me for being a vegan......................

The Valley Vegan..................

Peter H

Guest guest

funghi is the italian fer mushroomie goodness linda Dec 15, 2005 2:29 PM Re: Christmas works Meal

Anything that starts with the word Funghi (fungi here) <grin> makes me think of what grows in my bathroom besides the mold. No wonder it sucked.

Cheerful mushrooms? You have cheerful mushrooms over there? Does that mean smiling ones, or optimistic ones or just what?

I would have been pissed too whether or not I had to pay for it.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

-

peter hurd

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:43 PM

Well, I just fgot back from my "Italian" works christmas meal. I dont doubt that the restaurant has some Italian connections, but the food I had suckked.

Starters was something like Funghi a la angola??or something like that, turned out to be ordinary cheap and cheerful mushrooms braised with garlic and wine and very little taste...no Ceps, no Trompes, just quartered button mushrooms,sad. I ate three or four mouthfulls , got bored and gave it to someone else to finish.

Main course was supposed to be penne something courgettes. This turned out to be cold fusili with chargrilled courgettes and aubergines which were burnt not char grilled. Appaling. If I had to pay for it myself , I would have been pissed. I expect they thought that would teach me for being a vegan......................

Peter H

Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from To send an email to -

Guest guest

HI Peter

You are not having much luck with your meals are you - have you been a bad boy this year to warrant such luck?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:43 PM

Peter H

Guest guest

Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would serve a

salad of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know

people either love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy

butternut squash soup. Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or

aubergine bake, roast potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils,

courgettes and rice. This would then be followed by chocolate cake or

stewed cinnamon apples with soya ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course,

proper coffee. How does that sound fraggle? Have I singlehandedly

rescued the honour of my motherland? ;-)

BB

AlexOn 16/12/05, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

so, i think alex should cook us all a great italian meal, to make up fer peter's ill luck

its the right thing to do

:) Alex Iantaffi Dec 15, 2005 4:30 PM

Re: Christmas works Meal Hi Peter,sorry to hear about bad experience, blah to bad Italians restaurants.

BBAlex

On 15/12/05, jo <jo.heartwork

> wrote:

HI Peter

You are not having much luck with your meals are you - have you been a bad boy this year to warrant such luck?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Well, I just fgot back from my " Italian " works christmas meal. I

dont doubt that the restaurant has some Italian connections, but the

food I had suckked.

Starters was something like Funghi a la angola??or something like

that, turned out to be ordinary cheap and cheerful mushrooms braised

with garlic and wine and very little taste...no Ceps, no Trompes, just

quartered button mushrooms,sad. I ate three or four mouthfulls , got

bored and gave it to someone else to finish.

Main course was supposed to be penne something courgettes. This

turned out to be cold fusili with chargrilled courgettes and aubergines

which were burnt not char grilled. Appaling. If I had to pay for it

myself , I would have been pissed. I expect they thought that would

teach me for being a vegan......................

Guest guest

Oh I do think that I am in love!

What time shall I come over?

BB

Nikki :)

, Alex Iantaffi

<alex.iantaffi@g...> wrote:

>

> Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would

serve a salad

> of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know

people either

> love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy butternut

squash soup.

> Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or aubergine bake,

roast

> potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils, courgettes and rice.

This would

> then be followed by chocolate cake or stewed cinnamon apples with

soya

> ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course, proper coffee. How does

that sound

> fraggle? Have I singlehandedly rescued the honour of my

motherland? ;-)

>

> BB

> Alex

Guest guest

Heh, heh. Food does it everytime :-) Thank you!

Anytime you are in this country :-)

BB

Alex

On 16/12/05, earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

Oh I do think that I am in love!What time shall I come over?BBNikki :) , Alex Iantaffi <alex.iantaffi@g...> wrote:>

> Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would serve a salad> of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know people either> love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy butternut squash soup.> Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or aubergine bake, roast> potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils, courgettes and rice. This would> then be followed by chocolate cake or stewed cinnamon apples with soya> ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course, proper coffee. How does that sound> fraggle? Have I singlehandedly rescued the honour of my motherland? ;-)> > BB> Alex

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Move you rear over dear, I was there before you and have the main chair at the table. I don't share well either.

linda

-

earthstrm

Friday, December 16, 2005 4:55 AM

Oh I do think that I am in love!What time shall I come over?BBNikki :) , Alex Iantaffi <alex.iantaffi@g...> wrote:>> Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would serve a salad> of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know people either> love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy butternut squash soup.> Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or aubergine bake, roast> potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils, courgettes and rice. This would> then be followed by chocolate cake or stewed cinnamon apples with soya> ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course, proper coffee. How does that sound> fraggle? Have I singlehandedly rescued the honour of my motherland? ;-)> > BB> Alex

Guest guest

i'll bring the beer

:) Alex Iantaffi Dec 16, 2005 1:59 AM Re: Christmas works Meal Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would serve a salad of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know people either love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy butternut squash soup. Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or aubergine bake, roast potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils, courgettes and rice. This would then be followed by chocolate cake or stewed cinnamon apples with soya ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course, proper coffee. How does that sound fraggle? Have I singlehandedly rescued the honour of my motherland? ;-)BBAlex

On 16/12/05, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

so, i think alex should cook us all a great italian meal, to make up fer peter's ill luck

its the right thing to do

:) Alex Iantaffi Dec 15, 2005 4:30 PM

Re: Christmas works Meal Hi Peter,sorry to hear about bad experience, blah to bad Italians restaurants. BBAlex

On 15/12/05, jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

HI Peter

Jo

-

peter hurd

To send an email to -

Guest guest

was hoping next year fer me..but...$$$ doesn't look good...

stoopid plane tickets...

Alex Iantaffi Dec 16, 2005 6:09 AM Re: Re: Christmas works Meal

BB

Alex

On 16/12/05, earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Oh I do think that I am in love!What time shall I come over?BBNikki :) , Alex Iantaffi <alex.iantaffi@g...> wrote:> > Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would serve a salad> of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know people either> love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy butternut squash soup.> Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or aubergine bake, roast> potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils, courgettes and rice. This would> then be followed by chocolate cake or stewed cinnamon apples with soya> ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course, proper coffee. How does that sound> fraggle? Have I singlehandedly rescued the honour of my motherland? ;-)> > BB> AlexTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Yep, plane tickets are still very expensive, blah (favourite word this

week, sorry). Although if you can travel in winter is a lot cheaper...On 16/12/05, fraggle <EBbrewpunx

> wrote:

was hoping next year fer me..but...$$$ doesn't look good...

stoopid plane tickets...

Alex Iantaffi Dec 16, 2005 6:09 AM

Re: Re: Christmas works Meal

BB

Alex

On 16/12/05, earthstrm <earthstorm

> wrote: Oh I do think that I am in love!What time shall I come over?

BBNikki :) , Alex Iantaffi

<alex.iantaffi@g...> wrote:> > Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would serve a salad> of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know people either

> love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy butternut squash soup.> Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or aubergine bake, roast> potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils, courgettes and rice. This would> then be followed by chocolate cake or stewed cinnamon apples with soya> ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course, proper coffee. How does that sound> fraggle? Have I singlehandedly rescued the honour of my motherland? ;-)> > BB> Alex

Guest guest

only if it's 'proper' beer and by that I mean ale. None of that blonde, lager type stuff unless it's Corona :-)On 16/12/05, fraggle <

EBbrewpunx wrote:

i'll bring the beer

:)

Guest guest

Now, now, play nice and share your food ;-)

Alex :-)

On 16/12/05, linda <lindai81 wrote:

>

> Move you rear over dear, I was there before you and have the main chair at

> the table. I don't share well either.

> linda

> " Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do

> it. "

> Mohandas Gandhi

>

> linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

>

> -

> earthstrm

>

> Friday, December 16, 2005 4:55 AM

> Re: Christmas works Meal

>

> Oh I do think that I am in love!

>

> What time shall I come over?

>

> BB

> Nikki :)

>

Guest guest

Hi Linda

You can have the main chair! I like to sit in the middle where

everything is at arms length.

Plus Alex, I would be happy to help in the kitchen! Nothing like

sampling before dinner. :)

Nikki

, " linda " <lindai81@c...> wrote:

>

> Move you rear over dear, I was there before you and have the main

chair at the table. I don't share well either.

> linda

> " Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important

that you do it. "

> Mohandas Gandhi

>

> linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

> -

> earthstrm

>

> Friday, December 16, 2005 4:55 AM

> Re: Christmas works Meal

>

>

>

>

> BB

Guest guest

Are you two timing me ( and my wife) ? The Valley Vegan..............earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Oh I do think that I am in love!What time shall I come over?BBNikki :) , Alex Iantaffi wrote:>> Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would serve a salad> of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know people either> love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy butternut squash soup.> Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or aubergine bake, roast> potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils, courgettes and rice. This would> then be followed by chocolate cake or stewed cinnamon apples with soya>

ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course, proper coffee. How does that sound> fraggle? Have I singlehandedly rescued the honour of my motherland? ;-)> > BB> Alex

Guest guest

I`l bring me................. The Valley Vegan....................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i'll bring the beer :) Alex Iantaffi Dec 16, 2005 1:59 AM Re: Christmas works Meal Ok, are you all sitting comfortably then? For starter I would serve a salad of rocket and sunblushed tomatoes, olives optional as I know people either love or hate them (a bit like marmite!) or a spicy butternut squash soup. Main could be roasted vegetable with quinoa or aubergine bake, roast potatoes and side vegetables or puy lentils, courgettes and rice. This would then be followed by

chocolate cake or stewed cinnamon apples with soya ice-cream or flapjacks and, of course, proper coffee. How does that sound fraggle? Have I singlehandedly rescued the honour of my motherland? ;-)BBAlex On 16/12/05, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: so, i think alex should cook us all a great italian meal, to make up fer peter's ill luck its the right thing to do :) Alex Iantaffi Dec 15, 2005 4:30 PM Re: Christmas works Meal Hi Peter,sorry to hear about bad experience, blah to bad Italians restaurants. BBAlex On 15/12/05, jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: HI Peter You are not having much luck with your meals are you - have you been a bad boy this year to warrant such luck? Jo - peter hurd Thursday, December 15,

2005 8:43 PM Re: Christmas works Meal Well, I just fgot back from my "Italian" works christmas meal. I dont doubt that the restaurant has some Italian connections, but the food I had suckked. Starters was something like Funghi a la angola??or something like that, turned out to be ordinary cheap and cheerful mushrooms braised with garlic and wine and very little taste...no Ceps, no Trompes, just quartered button mushrooms,sad. I ate three or four mouthfulls , got bored and gave it to someone else to finish. Main course was supposed to be penne something courgettes. This turned out to be cold fusili with chargrilled courgettes and aubergines which were burnt not char grilled. Appaling. If I had to pay for it myself

, I would have been pissed. I expect they thought that would teach me for being a vegan...................... The Valley Vegan.................. To send an email to -

Guest guest

that is playing nice...to me first come the goodies, to you whatever is left over...that's what I learned in kindergarten.

linda

-

Alex Iantaffi

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:09 AM

Re: Re: Christmas works Meal

Now, now, play nice and share your food ;-)Alex :-)On 16/12/05, linda <lindai81 wrote:>> Move you rear over dear, I was there before you and have the main chair at> the table. I don't share well either.> linda> "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do> it."> Mohandas Gandhi>> linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47>> -> earthstrm> > Friday, December 16, 2005 4:55 AM> Re: Christmas works Meal>> Oh I do think that I am in love!>> What time shall I come over?>> BB> Nikki :)>

Guest guest

You are really pushing your luck! You may come to the table after I have finished.

linda

earthstrm

Hi LindaYou can have the main chair! I like to sit in the middle where everything is at arms length.Plus Alex, I would be happy to help in the kitchen! Nothing like sampling before dinner. :)

Guest guest

Are you sure? Maybe she is just pretending.

linda

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 16, 2005 12:14 PM

Always..................but my mother loves me!

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

HI Peter

Jo

-

peter hurd

Peter H

Guest guest

I agree Peter! Fraggle does have a great pick where he is.

We have a few here but not many. Tho you have brought a new one to me

to try out, thank you!

Nikki :)

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> Thanks,.This is why ( well one of the reasons ) that I dont eat at

restaurants.............Fraggle doesnt realise how lucky he is over

there!

>

> The Valley Vegan...........................

>

Guest guest

What a horrible thing to say. Jo are you reading this? The Valley Vegan.............linda <lindai81 wrote: Are you sure? Maybe she is just pretending. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47 - peter hurd Friday, December 16, 2005 12:14 PM Re: Christmas works Meal Always..................but my mother loves me! The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI Peter You are not having much luck with your meals are you - have you been a bad boy this year to warrant such luck? Jo - peter hurd Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:43 PM Re: Christmas works Meal Well, I just fgot back from my "Italian" works christmas meal. I dont doubt that the restaurant has some Italian connections, but the food I had suckked. Starters was something like Funghi a la angola??or something like that, turned out to be ordinary cheap and cheerful mushrooms braised with garlic and wine and very little taste...no Ceps, no Trompes, just quartered button mushrooms,sad. I ate three or four mouthfulls , got bored and gave it to someone else to finish. Main course was supposed to be penne something courgettes. This turned out to be cold fusili with chargrilled courgettes and aubergines which were burnt not char grilled. Appaling. If I had to pay for it myself , I would have been pissed. I expect they thought that would teach me for being a vegan...................... The Valley

Vegan.................. Peter H Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

No problem, let us know how it is? The Valley Vegan...............earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: I agree Peter! Fraggle does have a great pick where he is.We have a few here but not many. Tho you have brought a new one to me to try out, thank you!Nikki :) , peter hurd wrote:>> Thanks,.This is why ( well one of the reasons ) that I dont eat at restaurants.............Fraggle doesnt realise how lucky he is over there!> > The Valley Vegan...........................>

Guest guest

Yep - I agree with Peter - his mum must love him otherwise she wouldn't make such nice food for him, and that in turn means he is most likely a good son.

Hows that?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:23 PM

What a horrible thing to say. Jo are you reading this?

The Valley Vegan.............linda <lindai81 wrote:

Are you sure? Maybe she is just pretending.

linda

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 16, 2005 12:14 PM

Always..................but my mother loves me!

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

HI Peter

Jo

-

peter hurd

Peter H

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Nope, not at all!

Just offering to. :)

Nikki

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> Are you two timing me ( and my wife) ?

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> earthstrm <earthstorm@c...> wrote:

>

>

> BB

Guest guest

Hmmm....

Funny thing is, I don't remember you being invited.

Not to mention you insulted the chef awhile back.

Nikki

, " linda " <lindai81@c...> wrote:

>

> You are really pushing your luck! You may come to the table after

I have finished.

> linda

> earthstrm

>

> Hi Linda

>

> You can have the main chair! I like to sit in the middle where

> everything is at arms length.