IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Imitation Meat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

no shame in that; i totally understand the revulsion. ....(i would've moved!) ~~brii

>fraggle <EBbrewpunx > > >Re: Imitation Meat >Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:52:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00) > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE!

no bloody kidding

almost as bad as coming home and finding my ex had givin her friends chicken....on my plates

i broke all the plates

heh

fraggle has a temper at times... Catherine Harris Aug 11, 2004 3:41 PM Re: Imitation Meat fragglei feel for you, man.....having an animal product and dairy free home.. a vegan home, is so, well basically important......good luck in sorting it outcatherine>"Jo" <Heartwork> >>Re: Imitation Meat>Wed, 11 Aug 2004 23:35:37 +0100>>Hi Fraggle>>I agree. My old boss was born vegan and just changed a year ago. I think >she changed because of her boyfriend. She apparently has tried pork, beef, >chicken and fish. She didn't say whether she eats it regularly. I know >she hates going down the meat aisle in the supermarket, and she has all >vegan toiletries and cosmetics.>>Jo>>> i made the biggest mistake in lettin a new roomie move in> she *use* to be vegan> according to her, she was vegan fer 16 yrs (she is now 24)..and just >gave it up last month> buuuutt..i mean..she has ZERO habits i would consider vegan> wouldn't someone who was vegan fer sooo long keep a few old habits?? >maybe its just me> my bathroom is full of horrid rabbit killin products..she eats nuthin >but absolute crap> drivin me bloody nuts>> fraggle>>To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hence the reason we also don't buy Silk soya anymore.. what horrors does Silk brand endorse? i didn't know it was something to avoid...pensively, brii

>"apprendsvegan" <tarasch7 > > > Re: Imitation Meat >Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:56:02 -0000 > >Exactly what fraggle said. > >I always think down to the lowest possible person/place or thing that my purchase/action >has effected. Hence the reason we also don't buy Silk soya anymore.. > >Speaking of, can anyone recommend a brand of temphe (or hell even recipe to make it) >besides LightLife? > >xoTara > > > , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote: > > > FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now!

Guest guest

Ok, now I feel completely out of the loop....what's wrong with Silk Soy?

PJ

I always think down to the lowest possible person/place or thing that my purchase/action has effected. Hence the reason we also don't buy Silk soya anymore.. Speaking of, can anyone recommend a brand of temphe (or hell even recipe to make it) besides LightLife?xoTara

"Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile."

Lots of love,

**PJ**

Guest guest

It is a bit suspicios....maybe she was a "wanna-be" vegan....

But still Fraggle, no need to get soooo worked up...have you considered practicing Yoga?

PJ

Besides the fact that I cannot even begin to comprehend how one could use 100 hair products... It does kinda sound suspicious about her being vegan for so long and just suddenly having all these half-used non-vegan products. I guess you can only hope to be a good influence, but you sure seem to have bad luck with the roomies.sara , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> i really don't get itshe literally has over 100 hair products...not a one is *vegan*she didn't buy those all in 40 days....and, she eats constant crap..jack in box(fast food garbage fer those across the pond),and that ilk...i'm havin to teach her how to recycle....the first day she tossed her macoroni and cheese box in the garbage....umm...cardboard!!*shrug*takes all kindsbut i think she is lying thru her teeth..ah wellfraggle

Lots of love,

**PJ**

New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!

Guest guest

hahahaha

i've actually improved a lot

hahahahahahhaha

especially from the "old days"..you know..back in the good ol days when i lived in a "2 bedroom" house, with over a dozen roomies..

wheee

actually, at one point we had over 25 people living in that haus!!

hee hee

as fer the passed out roomies..alas, i had the type wh would pass out WHILE cooking....

nuthin like wakin up to a haus full of smoke at 3am because he had left the pan on the stove....

wheeeee!!

as fer my newbie roomie..eh...i'll deal..after pulling out all my armpit hair

lets just hope i can shove her back onto the right path.....

*crosses fingers and toes* Sara Aug 11, 2004 9:19 PM Re: Imitation Meat Ah yes, the habitual drink 'til they pass out types. I have lived with one of those before. Least he was a really awesome cook (and vegan).Maybe you need a better screening process for picking roomies...sara , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> tis my lot in life....*half smile*at least i don't live with the folks i had to drag in the house at 3am anymore..cuz they passed out on the front porch...wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Sara Besides the fact that I cannot even begin to comprehend how one could use 100 hair products... It does kinda sound suspicious about her being vegan for so long and just suddenly having all these half-used non-vegan products. I guess you can only hope to be a good influence, but you sure seem to have bad luck with the roomies.saraTo send an email to -

Guest guest

silk is owned by..oh dear bacchus..i forgot the name of the companyy..major dairy meat packing plant...white wave got bought out a number of years ago....

and then there was the whole controversy over them using dairy equipment to process the stuff....different vegans have different standards......

dean foods..thats the compnay

took me a minute.... fartybriivismeisteranushead ta-da! Aug 11, 2004 11:50 PM RE: Re: Imitation Meat

Hence the reason we also don't buy Silk soya anymore.. what horrors does Silk brand endorse? i didn't know it was something to avoid...pensively, brii

>"apprendsvegan" <tarasch7 > > > Re: Imitation Meat >Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:56:02 -0000 > >Exactly what fraggle said. > >I always think down to the lowest possible person/place or thing that my purchase/action >has effected. Hence the reason we also don't buy Silk soya anymore.. > >Speaking of, can anyone recommend a brand of temphe (or hell even recipe to make it) >besides LightLife? > >xoTara > > > , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote: > > >

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar get it now! To send an email to -

Guest guest

Damn your good fraggle :)

Yes, Dean foods owns them... I mean there is nothing exactly wrong with Silk-

but just

*sucks* that these major dairy/meat corporations have to buy out every damn veg

food

company. For a minute we though " why would Dean want to buy the compition? " but

then

got smart and relized there is no compition, Dean has zillions of dollars to

support their

cause. For all we know, SIlk will magically disappear.

We refuse to support that..

xoTara

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

Guest guest

Ok, so what is a good brand of soy milk?

silk is owned by..oh dear bacchus..i forgot the name of the companyy..major dairy meat packing plant...white wave got bought out a number of years ago....

and then there was the whole controversy over them using dairy equipment to process the stuff....different vegans have different standards......

dean foods..thats the compnay

took me a minute....

Lots of love,

**PJ**

New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!

Guest guest

Careful trying to walk around with those crossed toes. It's easy to

trip! :)

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> hahahaha

i've actually improved a lot

hahahahahahhaha

especially from the " old days " ..you know..back in the good ol days

when i lived in a " 2 bedroom " house, with over a dozen roomies..

wheee

actually, at one point we had over 25 people living in that haus!!

hee hee

as fer the passed out roomies..alas, i had the type wh would pass out

WHILE cooking....

nuthin like wakin up to a haus full of smoke at 3am because he had

left the pan on the stove....

wheeeee!!

as fer my newbie roomie..eh...i'll deal..after pulling out all my

armpit hair

lets just hope i can shove her back onto the right path.....

*crosses fingers and toes*

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

Sounds like you have a problem. I know loads of non-veggies who do all the recycling they can - it makes you wonder whether she ever cared.

Jo

i really don't get it

she literally has over 100 hair products...

not a one is *vegan*

she didn't buy those all in 40 days....

and, she eats constant crap..jack in box(fast food garbage fer those across the pond),and that ilk...

i'm havin to teach her how to recycle....the first day she tossed her macoroni and cheese box in the garbage....umm...cardboard!!

Guest guest

I'm surprised - I never thought of you as having a temper - but it's quite understandable.

Jo

almost as bad as coming home and finding my ex had givin her friends chicken....on my plates

i broke all the plates

heh

fraggle has a temper at times...

Guest guest

I agree Fraggle. It's a constant reminder of everything you disagree with - and even more annoying because she lied about it.

Jo

why do i care?

cuz its in my haus

i'm surrounded by it every day

i had an almost vegan household before...

she said she was vegan before she moved in...then as she was moving in the story changed

i don't won't to see that crap in my fridge

i don't want to smell it cookin on the stove

its all over my bathroom....thats like someone screaming "look, i torture bunnies!! wanna see!" over and over and over again

it bothers me...

fair enough?

Guest guest

Actually it did show her how much Fraggle felt about what she had done. It was a betrayal.

Jo

Um... Ok, still not getting it. But, yeah, you wrecked your own stuff - that showed her!

Guest guest

LOL - very true.

Jo

i always thought of it more along the lines of

"i use to be anti-racist, now i belong to the Klan..."

Guest guest

I reckon Fraggle got all worked up because he cares so much about other animals - he didn't consider his own health as the most important issue!

Jo

But still Fraggle, no need to get soooo worked up...have you considered practicing Yoga?

Guest guest

sorry

i'm vegan

don't eat yoga

:)

ok..bad pun

heck..you'd get worked up if we had the year i've had...

heh

cheers

fraggle PJ Aug 12, 2004 5:30 AM Re: Re: Imitation Meat

It is a bit suspicios....maybe she was a "wanna-be" vegan....

PJ

Besides the fact that I cannot even begin to comprehend how one could use 100 hair products... It does kinda sound suspicious about her being vegan for so long and just suddenly having all these half-used non-vegan products. I guess you can only hope to be a good influence, but you sure seem to have bad luck with the roomies.sara , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> i really don't get itshe literally has over 100 hair products...not a one is *vegan*she didn't buy those all in 40 days....and, she eats constant crap..jack in box(fast food garbage fer those across the pond),and that ilk...i'm havin to teach her how to recycle....the first day she tossed her macoroni and cheese box in the garbage....umm...cardboard!!*shrug*takes all kindsbut i think she is lying thru her teeth..ah wellfraggle

Lots of love,

**PJ**

New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages! To send an email to -

Guest guest

i got one on sale.... Jo Aug 12, 2004 9:25 AM Re: Imitation Meat

I'm surprised - I never thought of you as having a temper - but it's quite understandable.

Jo

i broke all the plates

heh

fraggle has a temper at times...To send an email to -

Guest guest

Edensoy or make your own ( sure there are others too!) :)

xoTara

, PJ <pjsparkles80> wrote:

> Ok, so what is a good brand of soy milk?

>

>

> silk is owned by..oh dear bacchus..i forgot the name of the companyy..major

dairy meat

packing plant...white wave got bought out a number of years ago....

> and then there was the whole controversy over them using dairy equipment to

process

the stuff....different vegans have different standards......

> dean foods..thats the compnay

> took me a minute....

>

>

>

>

> " Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile. "

>

> Lots of love,

> **PJ**

>

>

>

>

>

> New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!

Guest guest

LOL - I wish I could get one - it might come in handy sometimes.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, August 12, 2004 6:46 PM

Re: Imitation Meat

i got one on sale.... Jo Aug 12, 2004 9:25 AM Re: Imitation Meat

Jo

i broke all the plates

heh

fraggle has a temper at times...To send an email to -

Guest guest

Now Jo, does that seem sane to you?

PJ

I reckon Fraggle got all worked up because he cares so much about other animals - he didn't consider his own health as the most important issue!

Jo

Lots of love,

**PJ**

Guest guest

It doesn't have to be insane though. Some people just care about others.

Jo

Now Jo, does that seem sane to you?

PJ

Guest guest

Granted. But it doesn't sound to me like she was in a place to be

likely to care much at that point. Or, if anything, that was her goal:

To get a big unahppy reaction out of Fraggle!

Gaije

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 3:19pm, Jo wrote:

> Actually it did show her how much Fraggle felt about what she had

> done. It was a betrayal.

>

> Jo

>

>

> Um... Ok, still not getting it. But, yeah, you wrecked your own

> stuff -

> that showed her!

--gaije

Guest guest

Could anybody suggest a retailer that sells soya milk makers? Is the process very complicated, and does it taste as good as the stuff you get in the carton?

-

apprendsvegan

Thursday, August 12, 2004 1:52 PM

Re: Imitation Meat

Edensoy or make your own ( sure there are others too!) :)xoTara , PJ <pjsparkles80> wrote:> Ok, so what is a good brand of soy milk? > > > silk is owned by..oh dear bacchus..i forgot the name of the companyy..major dairy meat packing plant...white wave got bought out a number of years ago....> and then there was the whole controversy over them using dairy equipment to process the stuff....different vegans have different standards......> dean foods..thats the compnay> took me a minute....> > > > > "Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile."> > Lots of love,> **PJ**> > > > > > New and Improved Mail - Send 10MB messages!To send an email to -

Guest guest

It does to me, actually. My own best interest might not be those of a

larger group, and I'd at least hope in that circumstance I'd go with the

good of the most beings. What I want is not always the most important

thing!

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 3:31pm, PJ wrote:

> Now Jo, does that seem sane to you?

> PJ

>

> I reckon Fraggle got all worked up because he cares so much about other

> animals - he didn't consider his own health as the most important

> issue!