IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

tofurky vs. unturkey

Rate this topic

Guest guest

About seitan:

1) It is possible to buy it in the most health food shops in Britain.

2) Some years ago I had forgotten tofu in the fridge. Especially if it is frozen for some days it becomes like seitan. And it is cheaper.EBbrewpunx wrote:

In a message dated 11/20/03 3:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, lee.delaney writes:

seitan, I really want to try that stuff but haven't found it anywhere, doh!sorryknow not where to locate seitan in the wooly lands of Great Britain To send an email to -

Guest guest

I hope I don't sound dumb. but Whats field roast?? Heh...TakeCare,Sam.Renee <reneehyatt wrote: I ordered the vegan meal from Whole Foods for Thanksgiving - the main dish is stuffed field roast. I'd rather have that than fake turkey any day.Renee(kind of new to this list) To send an email to -

Guest guest

field roast is a grain based " meat " that is available in several

forms, like burgers, cutlets, and a roast style

also available in several flavors, like lentil er savoury tomato..

made by a company up in seattle...

only saw it recently in the bay area...maybe about 2 yrs ago..it

apparantly is a pretty big deal in the pacific northwest

cheers

fraggle

, sam hall <luckycharm2315>

wrote:

>

>

>

> I hope I don't sound dumb. but Whats field roast?? Heh...

>

> TakeCare,

> Sam.

>

> Renee <reneehyatt> wrote: I ordered the vegan meal from Whole

Foods for Thanksgiving - the main

> dish is stuffed field roast. I'd rather have that than fake turkey

any

> day.

>

>

>

>

> Renee

>

>

> (kind of new to this list)

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

hi jo

shall we set a date for our vegan chat meet?????

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:11:43 -0000 > >Do you live in the UK? If you do and are within travelling distance of London there are a few of us who are hoping to get together sometime in the not too distant future at a cafe in Covent Garden. > >Jo > - > saphire_moon_2002 > > Wednesday, November 19, 2003 11:07 PM > Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > Jo, > > I ve never had seitan sausages...gotta give that one a try...most ppl > say seitan reminds them too much of meat and thats y they cant eat > it... and can i come to ur house for the solstice all that sounds > yuuuuuuumy...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... > > tricia > > , "Heartwork" wrote: > > I've had seitan sausages and they were nice. > > > > For the Solstice we usually have nut roast en croute with sausages > wrapped in rashers, roast potatoes, brussels, etc. > > > > Jo > > > >

Guest guest

It's great stuff...I didn't realize it was just a Pacific NW product.

If you get a chance, try it.

http://www.fieldroast.com/

Renee (in Portland, OR)

, " fraggle " <EBbrewpunx@c...> wrote:

> field roast is a grain based " meat " that is available in several

> forms, like burgers, cutlets, and a roast style

> also available in several flavors, like lentil er savoury tomato..

> made by a company up in seattle...

> only saw it recently in the bay area...maybe about 2 yrs ago..it

> apparantly is a pretty big deal in the pacific northwest

> cheers

> fraggle

> , sam hall <luckycharm2315>

> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > I hope I don't sound dumb. but Whats field roast?? Heh...

> >

> > TakeCare,

> > Sam.

Guest guest

wooly? what parts of britain have you seen?

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]20 November 2003 16:42 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkeyIn a message dated 11/20/03 3:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, lee.delaney writes:

seitan, I really want to try that stuff but haven't found it anywhere, doh!sorryknow not where to locate seitan in the wooly lands of Great Britain To send an email to -

Guest guest

yeah that'd be really good

Heartwork [Heartwork]20 November 2003 18:10 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

I haven't forgotten that some of us were going to arrange to meet in London one weekend day. We are booked up every weekend before and including Yule, but it would be good to arrange a meeting soon after that.

Jo

-

Lee Delaney

Thursday, November 20, 2003 10:57 AM

RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

any chance of being invited to that? hee hee :)

Heartwork [Heartwork]19 November 2003 19:41 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

I've had seitan sausages and they were nice.

For the Solstice we usually have nut roast en croute with sausages wrapped in rashers, roast potatoes, brussels, etc.

Jo

-

saphire_moon_2002

Wednesday, November 19, 2003 5:13 PM

Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

I'm nervous about trying Tofurky this year for the solstice... im not to big on stuffing and it would be kinda a waste to buy it for me and my daughter and for us to hate it...lol... i wish they had taste tests for it in the store....lol... and since everyone has different tastebuds its hard to take someone elses judgement...cuz alot of vegans i know say they dont like seitan and i had it in a stir fry and i love it... it tastes soo yuuuuuuuummy... , "dave" <dave4sale> wrote:> I've gotten tofurky roast the past couple years and liked it, but now> I see my whole foods is carrying the "Now and Zen" Unturkey Feast> too. The roast is five pounds compared with tofurkey, which is less> than a pound. I was just wondering if any of you have tried the> unturkey, and how it compares to tofurkey roast. Your feedback is> much appreciated.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/21/03 2:46:08 AM Pacific Standard Time, lee.delaney writes:

the wooly parts obviously...

heh heh

actually..my view of old albion was limited to:

arriving by ferry at ramsgate

train to London

A quick view of london as walked from trainstation to the tube

then another train across lower England

oh..and a week in Bath

bath is wooly right?

fraggle

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/21/03 4:37:11 AM Pacific Standard Time, cait2 writes:

maybe they have heard of us woolly welsh...........living in caves.............swinging from trees etc etc

catherine

you guys have trees???

wow

here they have been listed as a possible terrorist organization and are being shipped to Gitmo..via various lumber companies....

Guest guest

maybe they have heard of us woolly welsh...........living in caves.............swinging from trees etc etc

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

>RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:43:06 -0000 > >wooly? what parts of britain have you seen? > > EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx] > 20 November 2003 16:42 > > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > In a message dated 11/20/03 3:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, >lee.delaney writes: > > > > > > seitan, I really want to try that stuff but haven't found it anywhere, >doh! > > > sorry > know not where to locate seitan in the wooly lands of Great Britain >

Guest guest

hahahaha, and singing all the while :)

I was gutted Wales lost the other night, and Scotland too. AS a celt I just can't bring myself to support England, hee hee

Catherine Harris [cait2]21 November 2003 12:37 Subject: RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

>RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:43:06 -0000 > >wooly? what parts of britain have you seen? > > EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx] > 20 November 2003 16:42 > > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > In a message dated 11/20/03 3:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, >lee.delaney writes: > > > > > > seitan, I really want to try that stuff but haven't found it anywhere, >doh! > > > sorry > know not where to locate seitan in the wooly lands of Great Britain >

Guest guest

CYMRU AM BYTH!!!!!!!!!!!............me too lee..............when i watch any sports which is rare, as a celt i support anyone against england....................

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

>RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:47:03 -0000 > >hahahaha, and singing all the while :) >I was gutted Wales lost the other night, and Scotland too. AS a celt I just >can't bring myself to support England, hee hee > > Catherine Harris [cait2] > 21 November 2003 12:37 > > RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > maybe they have heard of us woolly welsh...........living in >caves.............swinging from trees etc etc > > catherine > > > > >"Lee Delaney" > > > >> >RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > >Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:43:06 -0000 > > > >wooly? what parts of britain have you seen? > > > > EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx] > > 20 November 2003 16:42 > > > > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > > > > In a message dated 11/20/03 3:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, > >lee.delaney writes: > > > > > > > > > > > > seitan, I really want to try that stuff but haven't found it anywhere, > >doh! > > > > > > sorry > > know not where to locate seitan in the wooly lands of Great Britain > >

Guest guest

hee hee, we're nothing if not bitter about centuries of repression.....

Catherine Harris [cait2]21 November 2003 15:56 Subject: RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

CYMRU AM BYTH!!!!!!!!!!!............me too lee..............when i watch any sports which is rare, as a celt i support anyone against england....................

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

>RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:47:03 -0000 > >hahahaha, and singing all the while :) >I was gutted Wales lost the other night, and Scotland too. AS a celt I just >can't bring myself to support England, hee hee > > Catherine Harris [cait2] > 21 November 2003 12:37 > > RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > maybe they have heard of us woolly welsh...........living in >caves.............swinging from trees etc etc > > catherine > > > > >"Lee Delaney" > > > >> >RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > >Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:43:06 -0000 > > > >wooly? what parts of britain have you seen? > > > > EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx] > > 20 November 2003 16:42 > > > > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > > > > In a message dated 11/20/03 3:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, > >lee.delaney writes: > > > > > > > > > > > > seitan, I really want to try that stuff but haven't found it anywhere, > >doh! > > > > > > sorry > > know not where to locate seitan in the wooly lands of Great Britain > >

Guest guest

> hee hee, we're nothing if not bitter about centuries of repression.....

That would be the "repression" under the Stuart Monarchy???? Y'know, the bunch of Scots who were monarchs of England???

Always baffles me as to how everyone seems to forget that Great Britain was created by the Scottish take over of England, not the other way around!

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Guest guest

> CYMRU AM BYTH!!!!!!!!!!!............me too lee..............when i watch any sports which is rare, as a celt i support anyone

> against england....................

Ummm - the Welsh aren't Celts - completely different language and mDNA. Strictly speaking, more Arabic than Celtic.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Guest guest

.....probably Wales where there are lots of sheep :-)

Jo

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]20 November 2003 16:42 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkeyIn a message dated 11/20/03 3:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, lee.delaney writes:

Guest guest

..... you're just jealous cos we beat you at what used to be your game !!!

Jo

I was gutted Wales lost the other night, and Scotland too. AS a celt I just can't bring myself to support England, hee hee

Guest guest

I must admit though I was born in england as well as one of my parents...I instinctedly prefer the other side to win against england...when I do occasionally watch sports.

Sorry england.

-

Catherine Harris

Friday, November 21, 2003 3:55 PM

RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

catherine

>"Lee Delaney"

> >

Guest guest

how are you repressed?

Jo

hee hee, we're nothing if not bitter about centuries of repression.....

Guest guest

or Leeds :)

Heartwork [Heartwork]21 November 2003 16:45 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

.....probably Wales where there are lots of sheep :-)

Jo

Guest guest

-

Peter

Friday, November 21, 2003 4:22 PM

Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

> hee hee, we're nothing if not bitter about centuries of repression.....

That would be the "repression" under the Stuart Monarchy???? Y'know, the bunch of Scots who were monarchs of England???>

So would you say there are ( allegedly) more derelict castles per square mile in Wales than any where else in the world because of Scottish repression, however you look at it those who call themselves english have benefitted most from the fruits of others labour.

Simon

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

> well i was thinking more in terms of Ireland

Ah - the Irish... yep, quite a bit of oppression there over the years.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

haha very true, Northern IReland are woeful, we haven't scored for over a thousand hours of football!

Heartwork [Heartwork]21 November 2003 16:48 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

..... you're just jealous cos we beat you at what used to be your game !!!

Jo

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Simon

> So would you say there are ( allegedly) more derelict castles per square mile in Wales than any where else in the world because

> of Scottish repression, however you look at it those who call themselves english have benefitted most from the fruits of others

> labour.

How have I benefitted from the benefits of others' labours? (Beside the obvious give and take in any community)

For the past couple of generations, the spend of tax money in Scotland and Wales has been far higher per head than in England, yet the tax revenue has been less... seems to me that the English have actually been supporting the Scots and Welsh in recent history.

Also, in the parliament which governs England, we have representatives from Wales and Scotland taking part in decisions that just affect England, while both of those countries have their own parliaments which make near enough all decisions which affect their own countries - this is why tax payers in England are supporting Scottish students, while English students have to pay their own tuition fees. This is a very strange form of English oppression IMHO.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/21/03 3:47:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, cait2 writes:

bath is elegant watering hole roman baths essentially english..........not in my opnion in any way woolly

never even saw the baths..hahah..except from the outside....