IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

tofurky vs. unturkey

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ah so now the english are more dominant are they?..............and if you are comparing gaelic and welsh words how come we arent onnected in your opinion?

catherine

>"Peter"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:26:08 -0000 > >Hi Peter > > > I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I too like Catherine > > consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure the first and last two letters were > > right!). > >Y'know, it's far more natural to be a mongrel... all this in-breeding just creates genetic weakness... perhaps that's why the English did become the dominant race in the British Isles? ;-) > >BB >Peter > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03 Stay connected whilst on the move. Now you can get Hotmail sent directly to your mobile phone. Click here for details.

Guest guest

hi jo

it means hatred or suspicion of people not from ones own culture/ethnicity

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:54:37 -0000 > >What does xenophobic mean Catherine ???? :-) > >Jo > - > Catherine Harris > > Saturday, November 22, 2003 3:44 PM > Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > hi valley vegan > > the welsh for xenophobic is saesneg.............. > > cymru am byth > > catherine > > > > >swpgh01 > > > > > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:33:30 GMT+00:00 > > > > > >I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I too like Catherine consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure the first and last two letters were right!). Obviously I am not as well educated to study DNA, recumbent or not???! > >Oh dear now I am waffling again, > >P.S. Whats welsh for xenophobic? > >The valley vegan..... > > > > > > >Peter H > > > >-------------------- > >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com > > > > > > Win your pick of these top prizes - a parachute jump, a VIP night out, or a day at a health spa, for you and three mates. Find out how you can win with MSN Messenger. >

Guest guest

Hi Catherine

> ah so now the english are more dominant are they?..............and if you are comparing gaelic and

> welsh words how come we arent onnected in your opinion?

Not my opinion - I'm definitely not a philologist. It's Adrian Gilbert's opinion.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Guest guest

Catherine

You said the English were the more dominant race - otherwise how would the Welsh be oppressed? but this aside - this wasn't the point Peter was making.

Jo

-

Catherine Harris

Saturday, November 22, 2003 11:14 PM

Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

ah so now the english are more dominant are they?..............and if you are comparing gaelic and welsh words how come we arent onnected in your opinion?

catherine

>"Peter"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:26:08 -0000 > >Hi Peter > > > I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I too like Catherine > > consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure the first and last two letters were > > right!). > >Y'know, it's far more natural to be a mongrel... all this in-breeding just creates genetic weakness... perhaps that's why the English did become the dominant race in the British Isles? ;-) > >BB >Peter > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Stay connected whilst on the move. Now you can get Hotmail sent directly to your mobile phone. Click here for details.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

LOL - I knew Catherine - I just felt you were behaving like one.

Jo

hi jo

it means hatred or suspicion of people not from ones own culture/ethnicity

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:54:37 -0000 > >What does xenophobic mean Catherine ???? :-)

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Guest guest

And there was me thinking the Welsh for xenophobic is Welshman.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Joke, by the way. As told me by a friend from the Valleys.

Though that said, whilst living in Wales for five years not once was I made

to feel anything but unwanted.

John

-

Catherine Harris <cait2

Saturday, November 22, 2003 3:44 PM

> hi valley vegan

>

> the welsh for xenophobic is saesneg..............

>

> cymru am byth

>

> catherine

>

>

>

> >swpgh01

> >

> >

> >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

> >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:33:30 GMT+00:00

> >

> >

> >I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I too

like Catherine consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure the

first and last two letters were right!). Obviously I am not as well educated

to study DNA, recumbent or not???!

> >Oh dear now I am waffling again,

> >P.S. Whats welsh for xenophobic?

> >The valley vegan.....

> > >

> >

> >Peter H

> >

> >--------------------

> >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

http://www.talk21.com

> >

>

>

> --------

------

> Win your pick of these top prizes - a parachute jump, a VIP night out, or

a day at a health spa, for you and three mates. Find out how you can win

with MSN Messenger.

>

Guest guest

ah but john, i am a welshwoman............

catherine

>"John Davis"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:01:23 -0000 > >And there was me thinking the Welsh for xenophobic is Welshman. > >Sorry, couldn't help myself. > >Joke, by the way. As told me by a friend from the Valleys. > >Though that said, whilst living in Wales for five years not once was I made >to feel anything but unwanted. > >John >- >Catherine Harris

>

>Saturday, November 22, 2003 3:44 PM >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > > hi valley vegan > > > > the welsh for xenophobic is saesneg.............. > > > > cymru am byth > > > > catherine > > > > > > > > >swpgh01 > > > > > > > > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:33:30 GMT+00:00 > > > > > > > > >I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I too >like Catherine consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure the >first and last two letters were right!). Obviously I am not as well educated >to study DNA, recumbent or not???! > > >Oh dear now I am waffling again, > > >P.S. Whats welsh for xenophobic? > > >The valley vegan..... > > > > > > > > > >Peter H > > > > > >-------------------- > > >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at >http://www.talk21.com > > > > > > > > > -------- >------ > > Win your pick of these top prizes - a parachute jump, a VIP night out, or >a day at a health spa, for you and three mates. Find out how you can win >with MSN Messenger. > >

Guest guest

LOL

I think I'm beginning to agree with you there John. I have been put off going to Wales for holidays because of the grafitti. At one time we used to go every other year for a holiday. Now we go to Scotland instead. Maybe I shouldn't have said that - maybe I'm about to find out what Scots think of English - it could be another 'ouch' situation. :-)

Jo

-

John Davis

Sunday, November 23, 2003 3:01 PM

And there was me thinking the Welsh for xenophobic is Welshman.Sorry, couldn't help myself.Joke, by the way. As told me by a friend from the Valleys.Though that said, whilst living in Wales for five years not once was I madeto feel anything but unwanted.John-Catherine Harris <cait2Saturday, November 22, 2003 3:44 PMRe: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey> hi valley vegan>> the welsh for xenophobic is saesneg..............>> cymru am byth>> catherine>>>> >swpgh01 > > > > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey> >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:33:30 GMT+00:00> >> >> >I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I toolike Catherine consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure thefirst and last two letters were right!). Obviously I am not as well educatedto study DNA, recumbent or not???!> >Oh dear now I am waffling again,> >P.S. Whats welsh for xenophobic?> >The valley vegan.....> > >> >> >Peter H> >> >--------------------> >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net athttp://www.talk21.com> >>>> --> Win your pick of these top prizes - a parachute jump, a VIP night out, ora day at a health spa, for you and three mates. Find out how you can winwith MSN Messenger.>

Guest guest

umm

who??

heh

i was thinkin of Llewellyn ap Gruffydd...king of wales in the 13th

century....

, " Heartwork " <Heartwork@o...> wrote:

> Which Llewellyn guy is this - Bill Llewellyn - composer and

conductor, or Llewellyn from the house makeover programmes?

>

>03

Guest guest

couldn't have put this better myself, although I would also add that the economic union that is Britain has benefited the English ruling class most of all as while taxes may be seen to go more towards Scotland, Wales or NI, the use of resources from those countries I think far outweighs any of that.

Heartwork [Heartwork]21 November 2003 19:10 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Simon

The only people who have profited from people, be they Scottish, Welsh, Irish or English, are the ruling classes. You should not forget that the English working class has always fared as badly as any other. Our beloved rulers are very good at the 'divide and conquer' tactic. By pitting the people of one country against another they then have time to go about their unsavoury business without the normal people being aware of what's going on - because the normal people are too busy hating/resenting other normal people.

Jo

So would you say there are ( allegedly) more derelict castles per square mile in Wales than any where else in the world because of Scottish repression, however you look at it those who call themselves english have benefitted most from the fruits of others labour.

Simon

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

ok, just to kind of qualify this seeing as I kind of started with a joke that got set upon really:

I think most 'celts' who do have strong anti-English feelings have those feelings against the state rather than against English people in general.

Heartwork [Heartwork]23 November 2003 20:46 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

LOL

I think I'm beginning to agree with you there John. I have been put off going to Wales for holidays because of the grafitti. At one time we used to go every other year for a holiday. Now we go to Scotland instead. Maybe I shouldn't have said that - maybe I'm about to find out what Scots think of English - it could be another 'ouch' situation. :-)

Jo

-

John Davis

And there was me thinking the Welsh for xenophobic is Welshman.Sorry, couldn't help myself.Joke, by the way. As told me by a friend from the Valleys.Though that said, whilst living in Wales for five years not once was I madeto feel anything but unwanted.John-Catherine Harris <cait2Saturday, November 22, 2003 3:44 PMRe: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey> hi valley vegan>> the welsh for xenophobic is saesneg..............>> cymru am byth>> catherine>>>> >swpgh01 > > > > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey> >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:33:30 GMT+00:00> >> >> >I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I toolike Catherine consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure thefirst and last two letters were right!). Obviously I am not as well educatedto study DNA, recumbent or not???!> >Oh dear now I am waffling again,> >P.S. Whats welsh for xenophobic?> >The valley vegan.....> > >> >> >Peter H> >> >--------------------> >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net athttp://www.talk21.com> >>>> --> Win your pick of these top prizes - a parachute jump, a VIP night out, ora day at a health spa, for you and three mates. Find out how you can winwith MSN Messenger.>

Guest guest

Similiar seems to apply the world over.

-

Lee Delaney

Monday, November 24, 2003 10:06 AM

RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

couldn't have put this better myself, although I would also add that the economic union that is Britain has benefited the English ruling class most of all as while taxes may be seen to go more towards Scotland, Wales or NI, the use of resources from those countries I think far outweighs any of that.

Heartwork [Heartwork]21 November 2003 19:10 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Simon

The only people who have profited from people, be they Scottish, Welsh, Irish or English, are the ruling classes. You should not forget that the English working class has always fared as badly as any other. Our beloved rulers are very good at the 'divide and conquer' tactic. By pitting the people of one country against another they then have time to go about their unsavoury business without the normal people being aware of what's going on - because the normal people are too busy hating/resenting other normal people.

Jo

So would you say there are ( allegedly) more derelict castles per square mile in Wales than any where else in the world because of Scottish repression, however you look at it those who call themselves english have benefitted most from the fruits of others labour.

Simon

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Lee

> couldn't have put this better myself, although I would also add that the economic union that is Britain has benefited the English

> ruling class most of all as while taxes may be seen to go more towards Scotland, Wales or NI, the use of resources from those

> countries I think far outweighs any of that.

Not quite sure who you mean by the English ruling classes - perhaps you could suggest a few names?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Lee

I agree - just joking this end as well.

Jo

-

Lee Delaney

Monday, November 24, 2003 10:25 AM

RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

ok, just to kind of qualify this seeing as I kind of started with a joke that got set upon really:

I think most 'celts' who do have strong anti-English feelings have those feelings against the state rather than against English people in general.

Heartwork [Heartwork]23 November 2003 20:46 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

LOL

Jo

-

John Davis

Guest guest

I stand corrected! Well, lounge in an office chair corrected, anyway. Sadly

I didn't get to know any welshwomen as well as I might have liked...

John

-

Catherine Harris <cait2

Sunday, November 23, 2003 3:22 PM

> ah but john, i am a welshwoman............

>

> catherine

>

>

>

> > " John Davis "

> >

> >To:

> >Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:01:23 -0000

> >

> >And there was me thinking the Welsh for xenophobic is Welshman.

> >

> >Sorry, couldn't help myself.

> >

> >Joke, by the way. As told me by a friend from the Valleys.

> >

> >Though that said, whilst living in Wales for five years not once was I

made

> >to feel anything but unwanted.

> >

> >John

> >-

> >Catherine Harris

> >To:

> >Saturday, November 22, 2003 3:44 PM

> >

> >

> > > hi valley vegan

> > >

> > > the welsh for xenophobic is saesneg..............

> > >

> > > cymru am byth

> > >

> > > catherine

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > >swpgh01

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

> > > >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:33:30 GMT+00:00

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I too

> >like Catherine consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure the

> >first and last two letters were right!). Obviously I am not as well

educated

> >to study DNA, recumbent or not???!

> > > >Oh dear now I am waffling again,

> > > >P.S. Whats welsh for xenophobic?

> > > >The valley vegan.....

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >Peter H

> > > >

> > > >--------------------

> > > >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

> >http://www.talk21.com

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> --------

> >------

> > > Win your pick of these top prizes - a parachute jump, a VIP night out,

or

> >a day at a health spa, for you and three mates. Find out how you can win

> >with MSN Messenger.

> > >

Guest guest

hi john lol.................how do you manage to lounge on an office chair, are you double jointed?????

catherine

>"John Davis"

> >

>Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:43:27 -0000 > >I stand corrected! Well, lounge in an office chair corrected, anyway. Sadly >I didn't get to know any welshwomen as well as I might have liked... > >John >- >Catherine Harris

>

>Sunday, November 23, 2003 3:22 PM >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > > ah but john, i am a welshwoman............ > > > > catherine > > > > > > > > >"John Davis" > > > > > >> > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > >Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:01:23 -0000 > > > > > >And there was me thinking the Welsh for xenophobic is Welshman. > > > > > >Sorry, couldn't help myself. > > > > > >Joke, by the way. As told me by a friend from the Valleys. > > > > > >Though that said, whilst living in Wales for five years not once was I >made > > >to feel anything but unwanted. > > > > > >John > > >- > > >Catherine Harris > > >> > >Saturday, November 22, 2003 3:44 PM > > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > > > > > > > > hi valley vegan > > > > > > > > the welsh for xenophobic is saesneg.............. > > > > > > > > cymru am byth > > > > > > > > catherine > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >swpgh01 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey > > > > >Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:33:30 GMT+00:00 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >I always thought that the English were a bunch of mongrels, and I too > > >like Catherine consider myself from a purer breed Celts ( I am sure the > > >first and last two letters were right!). Obviously I am not as well >educated > > >to study DNA, recumbent or not???! > > > > >Oh dear now I am waffling again, > > > > >P.S. Whats welsh for xenophobic? > > > > >The valley vegan..... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Peter H > > > > > > > > > >-------------------- > > > > >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at > > >http://www.talk21.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------- > > >------ > > > > Win your pick of these top prizes - a parachute jump, a VIP night out, >or > > >a day at a health spa, for you and three mates. Find out how you can win > > >with MSN Messenger. > > > >

Guest guest

whats wrong with a nut cutlet roasties and onion gravy?????..........why will

only a manifestation of turkey do??

catherine

ps skin and legs...eeewwwww

I`m with you. Never a big fan of eating something that resembles what I wanted

so badly to give up.

The Valley Vegan......

>

Peter H

--------------------

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

Guest guest

> Is there technically a race called the English?

Is it simular to the 500metres?

The Valley Vegan....>

>Y'know, it's far more natural to be a mongrel... all this in-breeding just

creates genetic weakness... perhaps that's why the English did become the

dominant race in the British Isles? ;-)

>

>BB

>Peter

>

>

>---

>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<a Target='_new'

Href='http://talk21.btopenworld.com/redirect.html?http://www.grisoft.com)'>http:\

//www.grisoft.com)</a>

>Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Peter H

--------------------

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at

Guest guest

I agree Catherine! Janey x

whats wrong with a nut cutlet roasties and onion gravy?????..........why will only a manifestation of turkey do??catherineps skin and legs...eeewwwww

Guest guest

Most of our food is not a copy of meat, but occasionally, for convenience we eat some meat substitute. I think the main thing is that whether like meat or totally unlike meat, as long as we are not eating animals it doesn't really matter.

Jo

-

swpgh01

Tuesday, November 25, 2003 5:22 PM

Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

whats wrong with a nut cutlet roasties and onion gravy?????..........why will only a manifestation of turkey do??catherineps skin and legs...eeewwwwwI`m with you. Never a big fan of eating something that resembles what I wanted so badly to give up.The Valley Vegan......> Peter H--------------------talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com

To send an email to -

Guest guest

LOL - it's similar to the 500 metres but being English we call it the 500 yards :-)

Jo

> Is there technically a race called the English?Is it simular to the 500metres?The Valley Vegan....>>Y'know, it's far more natural to be a mongrel... all this in-breeding just creates genetic weakness... perhaps that's why the English did become the dominant race in the British Isles? ;-)>>BB>Peter

Guest guest

Yes, you're right, but surely anything which tastes or looks like meat is a revolting concept?!

Janey

Most of our food is not a copy of meat, but occasionally, for convenience we eat some meat substitute. I think the main thing is that whether like meat or totally unlike meat, as long as we are not eating animals it doesn't really matter.

Jo

Guest guest

And animal meat doesn't look like an animal when it's been chopped up into convenient pieces..How many kids really know they are eating an animal unless their have been informed of it.

-

Janey

Tuesday, November 25, 2003 7:20 PM

Yes, you're right, but surely anything which tastes or looks like meat is a revolting concept?!

Janey

Jo

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Yes, exactly! Janey

And animal meat doesn't look like an animal when it's been chopped up into convenient pieces..How many kids really know they are eating an animal unless their have been informed of it.

Guest guest

I agree withy ou on this one jo, if the end result is less meat being eaten then fine. People aren't just going to stop eating meat over night, meat substitutes are a good wya to ween yourself off meat. I ate meat for 20 years, its not something I actually find revolting, I still get cravings, but obviously choose to ignore them. I'd rather people weren't set upon and criticised for eating meat substitues, seems very elitist to me.

Heartwork [Heartwork]25 November 2003 18:43 Subject: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Jo

-

swpgh01

Tuesday, November 25, 2003 5:22 PM

whats wrong with a nut cutlet roasties and onion gravy?????..........why will only a manifestation of turkey do??catherineps skin and legs...eeewwwwwI`m with you. Never a big fan of eating something that resembles what I wanted so badly to give up.The Valley Vegan......> Peter H--------------------talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com

To send an email to -