paws down

no contest

tho, my SO likes tofurky better

so, wot do i know?

:)

cheers

fraggle

Guest guest

don't know where you are but I had a tofurkey thing last year that came ina big box and had a tofurkey section with stuffing and then some drumsticks made from tempeh and a kind of wish bone thing too. It was horrible though, apart from the stuffing. I didn't really like it.

I'll have to look out for that Now and Zen thing, just purely because that makes me laugh.

dave [dave4sale]18 November 2003 20:23 Subject: tofurky vs. unturkeyI've gotten tofurky roast the past couple years and liked it, but nowI see my whole foods is carrying the "Now and Zen" Unturkey Feasttoo. The roast is five pounds compared with tofurkey, which is lessthan a pound. I was just wondering if any of you have tried theunturkey, and how it compares to tofurkey roast. Your feedback ismuch appreciated.To send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/19/03 2:16:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, lee.delaney writes:

I'll have to look out for that Now and Zen thing, just purely because that makes me laugh.

the now and zen was tastes totally different then the tofurky..

fer some it might be sorta scarey...they even have yuba skin on it.....

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/19/03 9:29:37 AM Pacific Standard Time, taz121798 writes:

I'm nervous about trying Tofurky this year for the solstice... im not

to big on stuffing and it would be kinda a waste to buy it for me and

my daughter and for us to hate it...lol..

they sell lil boxes of tofurky..at least here...without all the trimmins...

Guest guest

I'm nervous about trying Tofurky this year for the solstice... im not

to big on stuffing and it would be kinda a waste to buy it for me and

my daughter and for us to hate it...lol... i wish they had taste

tests for it in the store....lol... and since everyone has different

tastebuds its hard to take someone elses judgement...cuz alot of

vegans i know say they dont like seitan and i had it in a stir fry

and i love it... it tastes soo yuuuuuuuummy...

, " dave " <dave4sale> wrote:

> I've gotten tofurky roast the past couple years and liked it, but

now

> I see my whole foods is carrying the " Now and Zen " Unturkey Feast

> too. The roast is five pounds compared with tofurkey, which is less

> than a pound. I was just wondering if any of you have tried the

> unturkey, and how it compares to tofurkey roast. Your feedback is

> much appreciated.

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/19/03 3:38:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, cait2 writes:

whats wrong with a nut cutlet roasties and onion gravy???

ummm

cuz i have no idea wot you are talkin about!!

nut cutlets???

Guest guest

I had one bite of a tofurkey slice and was almost sick - it felt so much like meat.

Jo

don't know where you are but I had a tofurkey thing last year that came ina big box and had a tofurkey section with stuffing and then some drumsticks made from tempeh and a kind of wish bone thing too. It was horrible though, apart from the stuffing. I didn't really like it.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Guest guest

I've had seitan sausages and they were nice.

For the Solstice we usually have nut roast en croute with sausages wrapped in rashers, roast potatoes, brussels, etc.

Jo

-

saphire_moon_2002

Wednesday, November 19, 2003 5:13 PM

Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

I'm nervous about trying Tofurky this year for the solstice... im not to big on stuffing and it would be kinda a waste to buy it for me and my daughter and for us to hate it...lol... i wish they had taste tests for it in the store....lol... and since everyone has different tastebuds its hard to take someone elses judgement...cuz alot of vegans i know say they dont like seitan and i had it in a stir fry and i love it... it tastes soo yuuuuuuuummy... , "dave" <dave4sale> wrote:> I've gotten tofurky roast the past couple years and liked it, but now> I see my whole foods is carrying the "Now and Zen" Unturkey Feast> too. The roast is five pounds compared with tofurkey, which is less> than a pound. I was just wondering if any of you have tried the> unturkey, and how it compares to tofurkey roast. Your feedback is> much appreciated.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

hi all

whats wrong with a nut cutlet roasties and onion gravy?????..........why will only a manifestation of turkey do??

catherine

ps skin and legs...eeewwwww

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:38:30 -0000 > >I had one bite of a tofurkey slice and was almost sick - it felt so much like meat. > >Jo > > don't know where you are but I had a tofurkey thing last year that came ina big box and had a tofurkey section with stuffing and then some drumsticks made from tempeh and a kind of wish bone thing too. It was horrible though, apart from the stuffing. I didn't really like it. > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03 Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list this Christmas at MSN Shopping.

Guest guest

I ordered the vegan meal from Whole Foods for Thanksgiving - the main

dish is stuffed field roast. I'd rather have that than fake turkey any

day.

Renee

(kind of new to this list)

Guest guest

Jo,

I ve never had seitan sausages...gotta give that one a try...most ppl

say seitan reminds them too much of meat and thats y they cant eat

it... and can i come to ur house for the solstice all that sounds

yuuuuuuumy...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

tricia

, " Heartwork " <Heartwork@o...> wrote:

> I've had seitan sausages and they were nice.

>

> For the Solstice we usually have nut roast en croute with sausages

wrapped in rashers, roast potatoes, brussels, etc.

>

> Jo

Guest guest

Since im a new vegan i just wanted to give it a shot...but its so

expensive up here and im on a budget...but i will try it one day...

lol...since my mom is in the states i sent her an e-card for

thanksgiving with a cute turkey dressed in a cheerleaders outfit

gobbling (cheering) with a banner above that says " Go Vegans " ... i

thought it would be fun to send to my meat eating family... --- In

, " Catherine Harris " <cait2@h...> wrote:

>

Guest guest

I've never tried the Now and Zen Unturkey feast. I might have to

give it a try this year. I do love Tofurky though. Some complain

about it taisting to much like meat. I personally dont remember what

meat tastes like, but my flesh eatting siblings say it tastes

nothing like the real thing.I just know that I like it. I also LOVE

the gravy. My favorite left over is tofurky and mustard on one of my

moms home made vegan roals.Yummy.... I cant wate.

Heidi

, " dave " <dave4sale> wrote:

> I've gotten tofurky roast the past couple years and liked it, but

now

> I see my whole foods is carrying the " Now and Zen " Unturkey Feast

> too. The roast is five pounds compared with tofurkey, which is less

> than a pound. I was just wondering if any of you have tried the

> unturkey, and how it compares to tofurkey roast. Your feedback is

> much appreciated.

Guest guest

any chance of being invited to that? hee hee :)

Heartwork [Heartwork]19 November 2003 19:41 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

For the Solstice we usually have nut roast en croute with sausages wrapped in rashers, roast potatoes, brussels, etc.

Jo

-

saphire_moon_2002

I'm nervous about trying Tofurky this year for the solstice... im not to big on stuffing and it would be kinda a waste to buy it for me and my daughter and for us to hate it...lol... i wish they had taste tests for it in the store....lol... and since everyone has different tastebuds its hard to take someone elses judgement...cuz alot of vegans i know say they dont like seitan and i had it in a stir fry and i love it... it tastes soo yuuuuuuuummy... , "dave" <dave4sale> wrote:> I've gotten tofurky roast the past couple years and liked it, but now> I see my whole foods is carrying the "Now and Zen" Unturkey Feast> too. The roast is five pounds compared with tofurkey, which is less> than a pound. I was just wondering if any of you have tried the> unturkey, and how it compares to tofurkey roast. Your feedback is> much appreciated.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

my parents bought me mine cos I still have to go home for christmas! It was quite sweet of them really.

Catherine Harris [cait2]19 November 2003 22:19 Subject: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

hi all

whats wrong with a nut cutlet roasties and onion gravy?????..........why will only a manifestation of turkey do??

catherine

ps skin and legs...eeewwwww

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:38:30 -0000 > >I had one bite of a tofurkey slice and was almost sick - it felt so much like meat. > >Jo > > don't know where you are but I had a tofurkey thing last year that came ina big box and had a tofurkey section with stuffing and then some drumsticks made from tempeh and a kind of wish bone thing too. It was horrible though, apart from the stuffing. I didn't really like it. > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list this Christmas at MSN Shopping. To send an email to -

Guest guest

i really should read all the emails before i actually reply

saphire_moon_2002 [taz121798]19 November 2003 23:07 Subject: Re: tofurky vs. unturkeyJo,I ve never had seitan sausages...gotta give that one a try...most ppl say seitan reminds them too much of meat and thats y they cant eat it... and can i come to ur house for the solstice all that sounds yuuuuuuumy...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....tricia , "Heartwork" <Heartwork@o...> wrote:> I've had seitan sausages and they were nice.> > For the Solstice we usually have nut roast en croute with sausages wrapped in rashers, roast potatoes, brussels, etc.> > JoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/20/03 3:02:14 AM Pacific Standard Time, lee.delaney writes:

seitan, I really want to try that stuff but haven't found it anywhere, doh!

sorry

know not where to locate seitan in the wooly lands of Great Britain

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/20/03 4:01:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, cait2 writes:

sorry people who havent heard of a nut cutlet.......its a round kinda caking of nuts lentils etc to be used when a roast dinner , with roasries gravy are fancied

methinks it be an item from the land across the briney....

:)

Guest guest

sorry people who havent heard of a nut cutlet.......its a round kinda caking of nuts lentils etc to be used when a roast dinner , with roasries gravy are fancied

catherine

>EBbrewpunx > > >Re: tofurky vs. unturkey >Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:06:50 EST > >In a message dated 11/19/03 3:38:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, >cait2 writes: > > whats wrong with a nut cutlet roasties and onion gravy??? > > > > >ummm >cuz i have no idea wot you are talkin about!! >nut cutlets??? Win your pick of these top prizes - a parachute jump, a VIP night out, or a day at a health spa, for you and three mates. Find out how you can win with MSN Messenger.

Guest guest

I think it was more the consistency that was like meat for me. As long as it is animal free it is fine - we all like different things anyway.

Jo

-----

I've never tried the Now and Zen Unturkey feast. I might have to give it a try this year. I do love Tofurky though. Some complain about it taisting to much like meat. I personally dont remember what meat tastes like, but my flesh eatting siblings say it tastes nothing like the real thing.I just know that I like it. I also LOVE the gravy. My favorite left over is tofurky and mustard on one of my

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.538 / Virus Database: 333 - Release 10/11/03

Guest guest

We found the seitan sausages and hot dogs in a Food For Thought health shop, and also in Infinity Foods in Brighton.

The other thing I have seen lately but not yet tried is Quinovera - made from quinoa. I haven't checked yet to see if it is vegan.

Jo

Jo

seitan, I really want to try that stuff but haven't found it anywhere, doh!

Guest guest

I haven't forgotten that some of us were going to arrange to meet in London one weekend day. We are booked up every weekend before and including Yule, but it would be good to arrange a meeting soon after that.

Jo

-

Lee Delaney

Thursday, November 20, 2003 10:57 AM

RE: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

any chance of being invited to that? hee hee :)

Heartwork [Heartwork]19 November 2003 19:41 Subject: Re: Re: tofurky vs. unturkey

Jo

-

saphire_moon_2002

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Do you live in the UK? If you do and are within travelling distance of London there are a few of us who are hoping to get together sometime in the not too distant future at a cafe in Covent Garden.

Jo

-

saphire_moon_2002

Wednesday, November 19, 2003 11:07 PM

Jo,I ve never had seitan sausages...gotta give that one a try...most ppl say seitan reminds them too much of meat and thats y they cant eat it... and can i come to ur house for the solstice all that sounds yuuuuuuumy...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....tricia , "Heartwork" <Heartwork@o...> wrote:> I've had seitan sausages and they were nice.> > For the Solstice we usually have nut roast en croute with sausages wrapped in rashers, roast potatoes, brussels, etc.> > Jo

To send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/20/03 6:35:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, reneehyatt writes:

It's great stuff...I didn't realize it was just a Pacific NW product.

If you get a chance, try it.

well

i've since seen i around...down here..in LA..in colorado....