IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Sleep Apnea

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sleep apnea is the not so silent killer, and needs to be addressed by anyone who has it. I am pretty sure my grandfather died in his sleep from sleep apnea.

I can testify that weight definitely can play a role. I had bad sleep apnea and was a world class snorer until my weight dropped below 195 (I am now down to 185 by the way!). Now, I almost never snore at all.

How world class you ask? Well, people in the next room at motels would bang on the wall. Or, one time when camping wayyyyy up in the Rockies at a place called Lost Lake I was woke up by my cousin to find that a group of campers had gotten together with flashlights and guns and were roaming the camp because they were certain that an angry bear was on the loose in the camp somewhere.

THAT world class!

oleander soup , "Dr. Loretta Lanphier" <drlanphier wrote:>> Hi Rhonda> > From your description of his snoring and gasping for air, I would guarantee> you that he has sleep apnea. It could be caused by large tonsils/adenoids,> deviated septum, allergies, weight, etc.

Guest guest

I don't know I know he was tested wore a halter monitor was strappped

to all kinds of leads etc and the results were non sleep apnea, its

not that he gasps for breath its just that he is a nose breather and

it just sounds as if the air he is trying to bring in thru his nose

doesn't get thru. He just told me that he " never sleeps " . Its kinda

true, I remember him telling me he could never get comfy that his

pillows were never comfy enuff etc. I don't know how much money I

spent on pillows trying to find out that worked for him. I was never

able to succeed with that btw. Its just really frustrating trying to

raise 3 young boys with a father who is mostly walking zombie and

never wants to play with them etc because he is sleeping, he is going

to sleep their life away.

Rhonda

On 7/12/09, Tony wrote:

>

> Sleep apnea is the not so silent killer, and needs to be addressed by

> anyone who has it. I am pretty sure my grandfather died in his sleep

> from sleep apnea.

>

> I can testify that weight definitely can play a role. I had bad sleep

> apnea and was a world class snorer until my weight dropped below 195 (I

> am now down to 185 by the way!). Now, I almost never snore at all.

>

> How world class you ask? Well, people in the next room at motels would

> bang on the wall. Or, one time when camping wayyyyy up in the Rockies

> at a place called Lost Lake I was woke up by my cousin to find that a

> group of campers had gotten together with flashlights and guns and were

> roaming the camp because they were certain that an angry bear was on the

> loose in the camp somewhere.

>

> THAT world class!

>

> [: " >]

>

>

> oleander soup , " Dr. Loretta Lanphier "

> <drlanphier wrote:

>>

>> Hi Rhonda

>>

>> From your description of his snoring and gasping for air, I would

> guarantee

>> you that he has sleep apnea. It could be caused by large

> tonsils/adenoids,

>> deviated septum, allergies, weight, etc.

>

>

--

Sent from my mobile device

Guest guest

Hi Rhonda.

What about 5HTP Hydroxy-tryptophan, is natural made from Griffonia Simplicifolia seeds and they help you sleep through the night, it's worth a try i think.

Just my five cents worth of opinion, good luck.

Hugs Mary

-

rhonda ebrom

oleander soup

Monday, July 13, 2009 6:36 AM

Re: Sleep Apnea

I don't know I know he was tested wore a halter monitor was strapppedto all kinds of leads etc and the results were non sleep apnea, itsnot that he gasps for breath its just that he is a nose breather andit just sounds as if the air he is trying to bring in thru his nosedoesn't get thru. He just told me that he "never sleeps". Its kindatrue, I remember him telling me he could never get comfy that hispillows were never comfy enuff etc. I don't know how much money Ispent on pillows trying to find out that worked for him. I was neverable to succeed with that btw. Its just really frustrating trying toraise 3 young boys with a father who is mostly walking zombie andnever wants to play with them etc because he is sleeping, he is goingto sleep their life away.RhondaOn 7/12/09, Tony > wrote:>> Sleep apnea is the not so silent killer, and needs to be addressed by> anyone who has it. I am pretty sure my grandfather died in his sleep> from sleep apnea.>> I can testify that weight definitely can play a role. I had bad sleep> apnea and was a world class snorer until my weight dropped below 195 (I> am now down to 185 by the way!). Now, I almost never snore at all.>> How world class you ask? Well, people in the next room at motels would> bang on the wall. Or, one time when camping wayyyyy up in the Rockies> at a place called Lost Lake I was woke up by my cousin to find that a> group of campers had gotten together with flashlights and guns and were> roaming the camp because they were certain that an angry bear was on the> loose in the camp somewhere.>> THAT world class!>> [:">]>>> oleander soup , "Dr. Loretta Lanphier"> <drlanphier wrote:>>>> Hi Rhonda>>>> From your description of his snoring and gasping for air, I would> guarantee>> you that he has sleep apnea. It could be caused by large> tonsils/adenoids,>> deviated septum, allergies, weight, etc.>>-- Sent from my mobile device

Guest guest

Rhonda,

Did they tell you what his oxygen saturation was?

oleander soup , rhonda ebrom <dipghater wrote:>> I don't know I know he was tested wore a halter monitor was strappped> to all kinds of leads etc and the results were non sleep apnea, its> not that he gasps for breath its just that he is a nose breather and> it just sounds as if the air he is trying to bring in thru his nose> doesn't get thru. He just told me that he "never sleeps". Its kinda> true, I remember him telling me he could never get comfy that his> pillows were never comfy enuff etc. I don't know how much money I> spent on pillows trying to find out that worked for him. I was never> able to succeed with that btw. Its just really frustrating trying to> raise 3 young boys with a father who is mostly walking zombie and> never wants to play with them etc because he is sleeping, he is going> to sleep their life away.> Rhonda> >