IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am a homeschooler, and that's generally the way most homeschoolers work - follow their child's interest. No point trying to force them into learning something they're not interested in - they won't anyhow hehehe.

love

Lisa

-

Kelli Bever

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:53 PM

RE: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

Hi Candace, I'm not a homeschooler, but I am a mom, and I think you're doing the right thing - "teach" him the stuff he's interested in. I'm unlikely to be interested in stuff other people think I need to know, but when they talk about stuff I'm already interested in, they have my full attention!

:)Kelli

Candace Podratz [CandaceAndBrock] Wednesday, May 19, 2004 3:42 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

Just when I thought it was doing NO good, he pointed to blue and named it and a few other colors, too. I about fell over. He doesn't even look half the time when I'm showing him.Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Aren't kids funny like that? Just make everything into a game - guess they're trying to tell us something LOL Like, not be too serious with them :-))

Lisa

-

Candace Podratz

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:11 AM

Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

The other day I realized he was toying with me... I'd show him the #1 andhe'd yell "TWO!" I'd show him #2 and he'd yell "THREE!"I thought he wasn't getting it and then I noticed every time he'd say thewrong number he'd smirk or give a little smile.I think he knows a lot more than he cares to let on at this point.Candace- "Sylvia" <h10feet<herbal remedies >Wednesday, May 19, 2004 5:50 PMRe: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before iBLOW!> Candace,> ANY Way that you can get them to be interested works!>> You could put numbers on the balls, or letters. Have him call out> the numbers or letters and you can throw them to him.>> If Elmo can teach him without drugs, then i say go for it! As long> as you keep trying with the other ways as well, it's great.>> Sylvia

Guest guest

LOL. Hi Lauren, haven't heard from you in a while! How are you?

I've read two of his books now - they were recommended to me due to Jamie (my son) being Down's Syndrome, it causing to a smaller or larger degree, some kind of brain injury. And he makes a lot of sense :-))

love

Lisa

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:18 PM

Lisa, you are a "Domanite" too? Didn't think there was anybody else out there.

Lisa Belcher [lisabelcher] Wednesday, May 19, 2004 1:21 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

According to Dr Glenn Doman, the younger children are, the quicker they can absorb information, and the more permanent this information is! In his book on teaching children to read, he talks about teaching 1 year olds! And having successes too!! Wish I'd known this when Jamie (my son) was that young - never thought of starting him that early.

love

Lisa

-

Caroline

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:07 PM

Candace,

If you plan on home schooling him...your far from planning way ahead...as his education has already started! Now is the time to start on the things he can learn. Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

Guest guest

What is a Domanite???

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.727-738-0554DocShillington

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 6:18 PM

Lisa Belcher [lisabelcher] Wednesday, May 19, 2004 1:21 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

According to Dr Glenn Doman, the younger children are, the quicker they can absorb information, and the more permanent this information is! In his book on teaching children to read, he talks about teaching 1 year olds! And having successes too!! Wish I'd known this when Jamie (my son) was that young - never thought of starting him that early.

love

Lisa

Guest guest

Not that I'm bragging or anything (proud papa speaking ;o), but my son Bryan has never had formal schooling in his life. Formally, he's never made it past Grade 1. But you'll never find a brighter kid anywhere, and the homeschooling and the "life" schooling he has received, has most emphatically prepared him for dealing with life and its situations.

Mary O raised 3 kids and homeschooled them all.

These kids are awesome to behold. They are loving, and very effective in dealing with livingness.

Love,

Doc

-

Sylvia

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 6:50 PM

Candace,ANY Way that you can get them to be interested works!You could put numbers on the balls, or letters. Have him call out the numbers or letters and you can throw them to him.If Elmo can teach him without drugs, then i say go for it! As long as you keep trying with the other ways as well, it's great.Sylviaherbal remedies , "Candace Podratz" <CandaceAndBrock@w...> wrote:> MessageHow would I go about teaching him things at this age? Any

Guest guest

I used to read to Bryan when he was a baby.

He loved it. His favorite was always Science Fiction. ;o)

He was also partial to Mozart.

Love,

Doc

-

Candace Podratz

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 7:46 PM

WOW I thought Brock was ahead of the game and he's only saying a few broken sentences and a couple dozen words.

I just started talking to him recently. It's just so weird to do because 1. I'm not used to doing it and 2. He usually just gives me a blank stare so sometimes I don't think there's a point to it.

But I'll keep on doing it.

Candace

Guest guest

My son also had a brain injury that is now fixed. I myself was raised with Doman so I caught on pretty quick to my kids injury. There are some other people out there (along the way of Doman) called the Handle Institute www.handle.org the lady we went to for my son used to work at a Doman School before they closed them. We should talk sometime. My email is lbastow if you would like to talk privately. Have a good one and stay strong with your "broken" runt.

Lisa Belcher [lisabelcher] Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:39 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

LOL. Hi Lauren, haven't heard from you in a while! How are you?

I've read two of his books now - they were recommended to me due to Jamie (my son) being Down's Syndrome, it causing to a smaller or larger degree, some kind of brain injury. And he makes a lot of sense :-))

love

Lisa

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 11:18 PM

love

Lisa

-

Caroline

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 9:07 PM

Candace,

If you plan on home schooling him...your far from planning way ahead...as his education has already started! Now is the time to start on the things he can learn. Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

Guest guest

It's an inside joke for people that use the Doman Methods to teach babies how to read, do math, ect. When people see what we are doing (schooling babies) they think we are these elitists trying to make a super race of children and that we think our kids are way better than their kids because they are smart at such a young age. Also in some forums (mostly public school), they think we are some type of cult trying to give our kids an "unfair advantage" to their kids. In an effort to ridicule their belief, the term "Domanite" was adopted by us as a joke because we don't want our kids to be elite, we want all kids to be what is considered elite. Does this answer your question?

Doc Shillington [DocShillington] Thursday, May 20, 2004 5:25 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

What is a Domanite???

Doc

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 6:18 PM

love

LisaFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.688 / Virus Database: 449 - Release 5/18/2004

Guest guest

Sure does answer my question. ;o)

And who wouldn't want the best for their kids???

Only makes sense to me. LOLLove,

Doc

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 11:43 AM

It's an inside joke for people that use the Doman Methods to teach babies how to read, do math, ect. When people see what we are doing (schooling babies) they think we are these elitists trying to make a super race of children and that we think our kids are way better than their kids because they are smart at such a young age. Also in some forums (mostly public school), they think we are some type of cult trying to give our kids an "unfair advantage" to their kids. In an effort to ridicule their belief, the term "Domanite" was adopted by us as a joke because we don't want our kids to be elite, we want all kids to be what is considered elite. Does this answer your question?

Doc Shillington [DocShillington] Thursday, May 20, 2004 5:25 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

What is a Domanite???

Doc

Guest guest

Don't you teach kids to read by teaching the alphabet and all their sounds and THEN putting them together?

I guess I should get the book, I have no clue how to teach a kid who doesn't know the alphabet how to read!!!

Candace

P.S. The poor first kids are always the "test dummies" : )

-

Lisa Belcher

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:26 AM

Hi Candace,

I suggest then you read his book: "Teach your baby to read" by Glenn Doman. You can find it on Amazon. What he says makes sense, so I guess it works.

His basic is that children that young, cannot distinguish one letter/word from another - can't see the difference between them - in the size of the writing that adults read. With children/babies that young, you need to present BIG letters, and he gives the sizes in the book, and gradually reduce the size of the letters/words as they start learning to read.

He also recommends to teach them to read WORDS and sentences, before teaching them the alphabet - reason for that being that kids who learn the alphabet first, will then read the letters, and not the words! And it's true!! I noticed that with my son Jamie, whom I did try to teach the alphabet first.

Anyhow, read the book LOL and see what you think.

I totally know what you mean about the no-attention!! I've noticed that with my son too, and it shows they really do pay attention, but perhaps not in the way we think of it LOL

love

Lisa

Guest guest

Absolutely!!! And for adults! ;)

Kelli

Lisa Carter [randasmommy2003] Wednesday, May 19, 2004 7:25 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!Best medicine for a kid....fresh air and sunshine. :)Lisa

Guest guest

Hi Lisa,

I noticed something similar with my daughter when she learned to read - they (very good preschool :) started with her name because it was a word that she was VERY interested in knowing. Then added other words that she really cared about. They also drilled her on the alphabet at the same time. Don't remember a whole lot of specifics, but I was worried at the time about them starting right in with the words, but that's really where her interest was. Helped her pick up the written alphabet and how it goes to make words, etc.

Lisa Belcher [lisabelcher] Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:26 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

He also recommends to teach them to read WORDS and sentences, before teaching them the alphabet - reason for that being that kids who learn the alphabet first, will then read the letters, and not the words! And it's true!!

Guest guest

Well, I know that's true for me, so I figured it would be true for my daughter as well!! LOL!!

Lisa Belcher [lisabelcher] Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:30 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

No point trying to force them into learning something they're not interested in - they won't anyhow hehehe.

Guest guest

Brock would never hold still long enough for me to read to him; although I haven't tried it for a while. Maybe now that he's older.......

-

Doc Shillington

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:44 AM

Love,

Doc

Guest guest

Brag away!! Raising kids can be difficult sometimes, but when they're so able and wonderful people, why not brag!!! :)

So, VERY WELL DONE Doc & Valorie!! :)

Kelli

Doc Shillington [DocShillington] Thursday, May 20, 2004 6:40 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

Not that I'm bragging or anything (proud papa speaking ;o),

Guest guest

As my dad would say, "Hey, I resemble that remark!" LOL!!

Kelli

First of 3 children

Candace Podratz [CandaceAndBrock] Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:15 AMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!

P.S. The poor first kids are always the "test dummies" : )

Guest guest

Make sure the books you choose for him have lots of pictures of things he is interested in...that will keep his attention at least...

I also wanted to let you know about some videos we had when my son was little...that I saw in Target the other day...and wnated to mention them...they are by Richard Scarry...The series was called The Best Video's Ever...just as all Richard Scarry stuff is...lol...I just love him! Well the ones that my son just adored...and would watch over and over...one was called Busytown...the other was called Learning Songs. I highly recommend these videos for any child. My son would ask me for "Huckle"...and I would put in one of those videos and more times than not...when it was over...he would ask for it again! lol

Caroline

-

Candace Podratz

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:27 PM

Brock would never hold still long enough for me to read to him; although I haven't tried it for a while. Maybe now that he's older.......

-

Doc Shillington

herbal remedies

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.727-738-0554DocShillingtonFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

I don't have a very big selection of books for him, maybe that's the problem. They're mostly winnie the pooh.

He comes up to me and hands me an Elmo Video and whines...his way of begging me to put it in for him. It's cute!

Candace

-

Caroline

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:04 PM

Make sure the books you choose for him have lots of pictures of things he is interested in...that will keep his attention at least...

I also wanted to let you know about some videos we had when my son was little...that I saw in Target the other day...and wnated to mention them...they are by Richard Scarry...The series was called The Best Video's Ever...just as all Richard Scarry stuff is...lol...I just love him! Well the ones that my son just adored...and would watch over and over...one was called Busytown...the other was called Learning Songs. I highly recommend these videos for any child. My son would ask me for "Huckle"...and I would put in one of those videos and more times than not...when it was over...he would ask for it again! lol

Caroline

-

Candace Podratz

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:27 PM

-

Doc Shillington

herbal remedies

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.727-738-0554DocShillingtonFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Candace,

If funds are tight, you can often get kids books at yard sales! I'd

save my change and hit a couple, you might find a few new books that

Brock would love and it wont break the pocket book!

Sylvia

herbal remedies , " Candace Podratz "

<CandaceAndBrock@w...> wrote:

> MessageI don't have a very big selection of books for him, maybe

that's the problem. They're mostly winnie the pooh.

>

> He comes up to me and hands me an Elmo Video and whines...his way

of begging me to put it in for him. It's cute!

>

> Candace

> -

> Caroline

> herbal remedies

> Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:04 PM

> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me

before i BLOW!

>

>

> Make sure the books you choose for him have lots of pictures of

things he is interested in...that will keep his attention at least...

>

> I also wanted to let you know about some videos we had when my

son was little...that I saw in Target the other day...and wnated to

mention them...they are by Richard Scarry...The series was called The

Best Video's Ever...just as all Richard Scarry stuff is...lol...I

just love him! Well the ones that my son just adored...and would

watch over and over...one was called Busytown...the other was called

Learning Songs. I highly recommend these videos for any child. My

son would ask me for " Huckle " ...and I would put in one of those

videos and more times than not...when it was over...he would ask for

it again! lol

>

> Caroline

> -

> Candace Podratz

> herbal remedies

> Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:27 PM

> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me

before i BLOW!

>

>

> Brock would never hold still long enough for me to read to him;

although I haven't tried it for a while. Maybe now that he's

older.......

> -

> Doc Shillington

> herbal remedies

> Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:44 AM

> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on

me before i BLOW!

>

>

> I used to read to Bryan when he was a baby.

> He loved it. His favorite was always Science Fiction. ;o)

> He was also partial to Mozart.

> Love,

> Doc

>

> Ian " Doc " Shillington N.D.

> 727-738-0554

> DocShillington@V...

>

>

> Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any

natural remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own

physician and to

> prescribe for your own health.

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post

here as long as

> they behave themselves.

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that,

and any person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their

own risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or

products from list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List

Owner and members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington@G...

>

>

>

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any

natural remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own

physician and to

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post

here as long as

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that,

and any person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their

own risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or

products from list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List

Owner and members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington@G...

>

>

>

Guest guest

That's not a bad idea! i do need to hit yard sales now that they're starting

around here. Brock is growing out of all his clothes again, too. thanks for

the reminder.

-

" Sylvia " <h10feet

<herbal remedies >

Thursday, May 20, 2004 3:08 PM

Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i

BLOW!

> Candace,

>

> If funds are tight, you can often get kids books at yard sales! I'd

> save my change and hit a couple, you might find a few new books that

> Brock would love and it wont break the pocket book!

>

> Sylvia

>

>

> herbal remedies , " Candace Podratz "

> <CandaceAndBrock@w...> wrote:

> > MessageI don't have a very big selection of books for him, maybe

> that's the problem. They're mostly winnie the pooh.

> >

> > He comes up to me and hands me an Elmo Video and whines...his way

> of begging me to put it in for him. It's cute!

> >

> > Candace

> > -

> > Caroline

> > herbal remedies

> > Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:04 PM

> > Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me

> before i BLOW!

> >

> >

> > Make sure the books you choose for him have lots of pictures of

> things he is interested in...that will keep his attention at least...

> >

> > I also wanted to let you know about some videos we had when my

> son was little...that I saw in Target the other day...and wnated to

> mention them...they are by Richard Scarry...The series was called The

> Best Video's Ever...just as all Richard Scarry stuff is...lol...I

> just love him! Well the ones that my son just adored...and would

> watch over and over...one was called Busytown...the other was called

> Learning Songs. I highly recommend these videos for any child. My

> son would ask me for " Huckle " ...and I would put in one of those

> videos and more times than not...when it was over...he would ask for

> it again! lol

> >

> > Caroline

> > -

> > Candace Podratz

> > herbal remedies

> > Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:27 PM

> > Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me

> before i BLOW!

> >

> >

> > Brock would never hold still long enough for me to read to him;

> although I haven't tried it for a while. Maybe now that he's

> older.......

> > -

> > Doc Shillington

> > herbal remedies

> > Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:44 AM

> > Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on

> me before i BLOW!

> >

> >

> > I used to read to Bryan when he was a baby.

> > He loved it. His favorite was always Science Fiction. ;o)

> > He was also partial to Mozart.

> > Love,

> > Doc

> >

> > Ian " Doc " Shillington N.D.

> > 727-738-0554

> > DocShillington@V...

> >

> >

> > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any

> natural remedy.

> > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own

> physician and to

> > prescribe for your own health.

> > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post

> here as long as

> > they behave themselves.

> > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that,

> and any person

> > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their

> own risk.

> > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or

> products from list members, you are agreeing to

> > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List

> Owner and members free of any liability.

> >

> > Dr. Ian Shillington

> > Doctor of Naturopathy

> > Dr.IanShillington@G...

> >

> >

> >

> > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any

> natural remedy.

> > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own

> physician and to

> > prescribe for your own health.

> > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post

> here as long as

> > they behave themselves.

> > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that,

> and any person

> > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their

> own risk.

> > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or

> products from list members, you are agreeing to

> > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List

> Owner and members free of any liability.

> >

> > Dr. Ian Shillington

> > Doctor of Naturopathy

> > Dr.IanShillington@G...

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

If you have a printer, you would be amazed at the free stuff you can find on the web

Sylvia [h10feet] Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:08 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!Candace,If funds are tight, you can often get kids books at yard sales! I'd save my change and hit a couple, you might find a few new books that Brock would love and it wont break the pocket book!Sylviaherbal remedies , "Candace Podratz" <CandaceAndBrock@w...> wrote:> MessageI don't have a very big selection of books for him, maybe that's the problem. They're mostly winnie the pooh.> > He comes up to me and hands me an Elmo Video and whines...his way of begging me to put it in for him. It's cute!> > Candace> - > Caroline > herbal remedies > Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:04 PM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!> > > Make sure the books you choose for him have lots of pictures of things he is interested in...that will keep his attention at least...> > I also wanted to let you know about some videos we had when my son was little...that I saw in Target the other day...and wnated to mention them...they are by Richard Scarry...The series was called The Best Video's Ever...just as all Richard Scarry stuff is...lol...I just love him! Well the ones that my son just adored...and would watch over and over...one was called Busytown...the other was called Learning Songs. I highly recommend these videos for any child. My son would ask me for "Huckle"...and I would put in one of those videos and more times than not...when it was over...he would ask for it again! lol> > Caroline> - > Candace Podratz > herbal remedies > Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:27 PM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!> > > Brock would never hold still long enough for me to read to him; although I haven't tried it for a while. Maybe now that he's older.......> - > Doc Shillington > herbal remedies > Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:44 AM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!> > > I used to read to Bryan when he was a baby.> He loved it. His favorite was always Science Fiction. ;o)> He was also partial to Mozart.> Love,> Doc> > Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.> 727-738-0554> DocShillington@V...> > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to> prescribe for your own health. > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as > they behave themselves. > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. > > Dr. Ian Shillington> Doctor of Naturopathy> Dr.IanShillington@G... > > > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to> prescribe for your own health. > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as > they behave themselves. > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. > > Dr. Ian Shillington> Doctor of Naturopathy> Dr.IanShillington@G... > > >

Guest guest

Where???????????????

: )

I have a printer and I'm not afraid to use it!

-

Lauren Bastow

herbal remedies

Thursday, May 20, 2004 4:29 PM

If you have a printer, you would be amazed at the free stuff you can find on the web

Sylvia [h10feet] Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:08 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!Candace,If funds are tight, you can often get kids books at yard sales! I'd save my change and hit a couple, you might find a few new books that Brock would love and it wont break the pocket book!Sylviaherbal remedies , "Candace Podratz" <CandaceAndBrock@w...> wrote:> MessageI don't have a very big selection of books for him, maybe that's the problem. They're mostly winnie the pooh.> > He comes up to me and hands me an Elmo Video and whines...his way of begging me to put it in for him. It's cute!> > Candace> - > Caroline > herbal remedies > Thursday, May 20, 2004 2:04 PM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!> > > Make sure the books you choose for him have lots of pictures of things he is interested in...that will keep his attention at least...> > I also wanted to let you know about some videos we had when my son was little...that I saw in Target the other day...and wnated to mention them...they are by Richard Scarry...The series was called The Best Video's Ever...just as all Richard Scarry stuff is...lol...I just love him! Well the ones that my son just adored...and would watch over and over...one was called Busytown...the other was called Learning Songs. I highly recommend these videos for any child. My son would ask me for "Huckle"...and I would put in one of those videos and more times than not...when it was over...he would ask for it again! lol> > Caroline> - > Candace Podratz > herbal remedies > Thursday, May 20, 2004 1:27 PM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!> > > Brock would never hold still long enough for me to read to him; although I haven't tried it for a while. Maybe now that he's older.......> - > Doc Shillington > herbal remedies > Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:44 AM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i BLOW!> > > I used to read to Bryan when he was a baby.> He loved it. His favorite was always Science Fiction. ;o)> He was also partial to Mozart.> Love,> Doc> > Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.> 727-738-0554> DocShillington@V...> > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to> prescribe for your own health. > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as > they behave themselves. > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. > > Dr. Ian Shillington> Doctor of Naturopathy> Dr.IanShillington@G... > > > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to> prescribe for your own health. > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as > they behave themselves. > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. > > Dr. Ian Shillington> Doctor of Naturopathy> Dr.IanShillington@G... > > >

Guest guest

Well I know you can get a free sampler each week from Dover

publishing. They have a bunch a free stuff you can download or print

and alot of it is for kids.

http://www.doverpublications.com/sampler1/

or http://www.janbrett.com/activities_pages.htm

and: http://netministries.org/kids.htmls#christian

Sylvia

In herbal remedies , " Candace Podratz "

<CandaceAndBrock@w...> wrote:

> MessageWhere???????????????

> : )

> I have a printer and I'm not afraid to use it!

>

Guest guest

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

" Sylvia " <h10feet

<herbal remedies >

Thursday, May 20, 2004 5:12 PM

Re: Herbal Remedies - Some one throw cold water on me before i

BLOW!

>

> Well I know you can get a free sampler each week from Dover

> publishing. They have a bunch a free stuff you can download or print

> and alot of it is for kids.

>

> http://www.doverpublications.com/sampler1/

>

> or http://www.janbrett.com/activities_pages.htm

>

> and: http://netministries.org/kids.htmls#christian

>

> Sylvia

>

>

> In herbal remedies , " Candace Podratz "

> <CandaceAndBrock@w...> wrote:

> > MessageWhere???????????????

> > : )

> > I have a printer and I'm not afraid to use it!

> >

>

>

>

>

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and

to

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long

as

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any

person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from

list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington

>

Guest guest

<<<<Thank you. Yes we did keep him in school for two

years after I took

him off the pills. But it was difficult and

he wasn't doing well in

that environment. I was scared to death to

bring them home to

learn. However, when I got to teaching Math

this year I realized

that the teachers had been passing him along and

not teaching. He is

in the 6th grade this year, but when we started

the year he could

barely add or multiply. And he could not

divide at all. It gave me

courage. I knew I could do a better job than

that. He still has

days that are a challenge. I send them

outside to run it off. Best

medicine for a kid....fresh air and

sunshine. :)

Lisa>>>>>>

Well, I’ll say it again, GOOD FOR YOU. And I’m just

shaking my head at how truly sad things have become in public school. But your

story gives me hope that more and more parents will catch onto the government

agenda for our kids, pull them out and save them. I know so many can’t

do this but hopefully even they will keep a close eye on what’s going on

and somehow supplement their learned. For those who do have the time and

money but aren’t’ doing it because they think they can’t

should read up on all the home schooling materials available. There is a lot of

support and help for homeschoolers that should not be the reason not to do it.

Anna