IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US

population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place

the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to

retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated

or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Wow, Thanks Michael. That was very informative.trishOn Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Michael Goebel <goebelchx wrote:

Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.

The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.

The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.

97 to 99 percent of the US

population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.

Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!

The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place

the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.

When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!

I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to

retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.

Guest guest

You should be able to find it on the web. I've found it at a few locations. I prefer the magnascent, tho.

And Dr Goebel, I've "heard" that taking iodine at 12mgs per day can leach minerals from the body.

I've not been able to find anything on this. Is it true? false?

David

In a message dated 4/17/2008 3:08:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time, toreadpeoplehealthinfo writes:

Thank you, Michael. This was so very informative.

Would you tell me please, how one might go about finding an Applied Clinical Nutritionist? I'm in the San Francisco bay area. I think I've asked this question before...somewhere...sometime...but don't believe I ever got an answer so maybe this specialty is too new...

Appreciate your response, none-the-less.

Oh - and about Lugol's - must I have a prescription to buy it? I can't seem to find it anywhere....

Thank you,

AngelNeed a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Guest guest

Here is a form that has been used by Dr Guy Abraham called Iodoral: http://www.quackcenter.com/iodoral.html

There are other places on the web, but a lot of them only sell to health professionals.

Brownstein reports in his book that Abraham recommended a combination of iodine and potassium iodide.

Iodoral is what they used to get this combination.

David

In a message dated 4/17/2008 4:01:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time, tkleinfelder writes:

Hi. I found Lugol's Solution in several places; and I can 'special order' it from my local drugstore (no prescription required). It's about $30 a pint.

trish

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 4:08 PM, <toreadpeoplehealthinfo > wrote:

Would you tell me please, how one might go about finding an Applied Clinical Nutritionist? I'm in the San Francisco bay area. I think I've asked this question before...somewhere...sometime...but don't believe I ever got an answer so maybe this specialty is too new...

Oh - and about Lugol's - must I have a prescription to buy it? I can't seem to find it anywhere....

Thank you,

Angel

Posted by: "Michael Goebel" goebelchx goebelchx

Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:48 am (PDT)

Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACNBe a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (8)

-- I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." --Jack London, American Author

Messages in this topic (15) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Guest guest

Thank you,

Angel

Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACNBe a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (8)

Guest guest

I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about iodine? It is not clear for me if I need it and in what amounts?

16 months ago the Dr. "discovered" a large(basketball size) tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in the peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver. The thing is causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get drained every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any advise, please.

Thanks,

Milena

-

Michael Goebel

oleander soup

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM

Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN

Guest guest

I will ask some questions for you and try to find a bay area practitioner.Iodine tincture should be available at a pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist.Dr. Goebeltoreadpeoplehealthinfo wrote: Thank you, Michael. This was so very informative. Would you tell me please, how one might go about finding an Applied Clinical Nutritionist? I'm in the San Francisco bay area. I think I've asked this question before...somewhere...sometime...but don't believe I ever got an answer so maybe this specialty is too new... Appreciate your response, none-the-less. Oh - and about Lugol's - must I have a prescription to buy it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.... Thank you, Angel . Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc. Posted by: "Michael Goebel" goebelchx goebelchx Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:48 am (PDT) Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for

iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of

hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take

your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's

Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is

that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACNBe a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all

with Mobile. Try it now. Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (8)

Guest guest

I would not worry about 12 to 15 mg of Iodine, David. That number is miniscule compared to our daily dose of chlorine and bromine, both of which are far more chemically active than iodine.Before the advent of antibiotics, iodine was recommended by MD's in daily doses of 25, 50, even 100 mgs! Dr. Julian Whitaker, who travels and lectures a lot, will take 150 to 200 mg the day he flies out. He has discovered the colds which he would get from jet lag just don't occur.Dr. Goebelahzoov wrote: You should be able to find it on the web. I've found it at a few locations. I prefer the magnascent, tho. And Dr Goebel, I've "heard" that taking iodine at 12mgs per day can leach minerals from the body. I've not been able to find anything on this. Is it true? false? David In a message dated 4/17/2008 3:08:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time, toreadpeoplehealthinfo writes: Thank you, Michael. This was so very informative. Would you tell me please, how one might go about

finding an Applied Clinical Nutritionist? I'm in the San Francisco bay area. I think I've asked this question before...somewhere...sometime...but don't believe I ever got an answer so maybe this specialty is too new... Appreciate your response, none-the-less. Oh - and about Lugol's - must I have a prescription to buy it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.... Thank you, AngelNeed a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Guest guest

Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement hormones for the duration of your life.Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if it was malignant. Please provide more information.Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev wrote: I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about iodine? It is not clear for me if

I need it and in what amounts? 16 months ago the Dr. "discovered" a large(basketball size) tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in the peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver. The thing is causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get drained every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any advise, please. Thanks, Milena - Michael Goebel oleander soup Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc. Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing

goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See

Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it

is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine).

The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb

tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi. I found Lugol's Solution in several places; and I can 'special order' it from my local drugstore (no prescription required). It's about $30 a pint.trish

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 4:08 PM, <toreadpeoplehealthinfo wrote:

Thank you,

Angel

Posted by: " Michael Goebel " goebelchx goebelchx

-- I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor,

every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. "

--Jack London, American Author

Guest guest

Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still alive without surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is malignant, but he insists that the ascites is an indication of malignancy.

-

Michael Goebel

oleander soup

Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:51 PM

Re: Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.

Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement hormones for the duration of your life.Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if it was malignant. Please provide more information.Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about iodine? It is not clear for me if I need it and in what amounts?

16 months ago the Dr. "discovered" a large(basketball size) tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in the peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver. The thing is causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get drained every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any advise, please.

Thanks,

Milena

-

Michael Goebel

oleander soup

Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN

Guest guest

Good information Micheal, and by the way those $4000 machines are

worth every penny.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Michael Goebel <goebelchx wrote:

Hi,

> I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical

> Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very

> obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.

>

> The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the

> minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop

> goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right.

> However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.

>

> The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14

> mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%).

> Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US

> citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.

>

> 97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level

> of iodine required for really good health.

>

> About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to

> produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly

> bodily metabolic processes operate.

>

> Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range

> despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate.

> See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal

> Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid

> work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over

> time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex

> drive is also probably greatly reduced!

>

> The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under

> active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed,

> place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal.

> Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.

>

> Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time

> will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall

> out, too.

>

> When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic

> temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your

> own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've

> mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis

> revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function

> remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go

> to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!

>

> I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of

> hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at

> roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run

> again, just last week.

>

> Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will

> take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a

> method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland

> while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an

> experienced naturopath.

>

> Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be

> discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's

> Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly

> to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the

> thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to

> explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of

> iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the

> thyroid gland!

>

> Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest

> Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The

> Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water.

> Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets

> which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more

> expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My

> point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.

>

> Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine!

>

> Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are

> Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink

> chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so

> I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the

> best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)

>

> If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine.

> We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the

> sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide

> open!

>

> I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get

> the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.

>

> Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN

>

>

> ________________________________

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it

> now.

--

All the best,

Martin Bjornson

Preventive Health Promoter

Cape Coral, Fl.

(239) 945-7072

www.MJBYourBodyIsWater.com

Guest guest

Most people that are using Iodine and

getting results for cancer (Lugols, Iodoral) are taking in the 50 – 100mg

range. A small amount is probably not going to do much for cancer.

In fact, the moderator had thyroid cancer. Also, the Lugols that is being

sold now (over 2-ounces) has been watered down. For more information I

would highly suggest joining the iodine . iodine

Also, most people who take large amounts

go through an intense detoxification period and need to be taking other

supplements. You can find out more about this at: http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iodineindex.html

Even though the site is for breast cancer this information about iodine

applies for anyone using iodine for cancer purposes.

Be Well~

Loretta

www.oawhealth.com

oleander soup

oleander soup On

Behalf Of Michael Goebel

Thursday, April 17, 2008

3:47 PM

oleander soup

Re: Re:

I

would not worry about 12 to 15 mg of Iodine, David. That number is

miniscule compared to our daily dose of chlorine and bromine, both of which are

far more chemically active than iodine.

Before the advent of antibiotics, iodine was recommended by MD's in daily doses

of 25, 50, even 100 mgs! Dr. Julian Whitaker, who travels and

lectures a lot, will take 150 to 200 mg the day he flies out. He has

discovered the colds which he would get from jet lag just don't occur.

Dr. Goebel

Guest guest

I would not consent to chemo or radiation if I had your condition. However, if most of the cancer could be removed by surgery, I might consider it. I would be completely immersed in considerations of all the facts I could get.Aside from such a consideration, I would get on every anti-cancer protocol I could, sooner than immediately! I would start the OS now, and stop consuming any sugar, caffienated, or bottled drinks. There is plenty of information available here. Just apply it. The OS is the first thing to do.Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev wrote: Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still alive without surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is malignant, but he insists that the ascites is an indication of malignancy. - Michael Goebel oleander soup Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:51 PM Re:

Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc. Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement hormones for the duration of your life.Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if it was malignant. Please provide more information.Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote: I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about iodine? It is not clear for me if I need it and in what amounts? 16 months ago the Dr. "discovered" a large(basketball size) tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in the peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver. The thing is causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get drained every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any advise, please. Thanks, Milena - Michael Goebel oleander soup Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc. Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and

thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record

them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and

applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The

Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

While I am not recommending it for others, I have taken a much larger

amount of a much more potent form of iodine than Lugols or Iodoral -

an entire dropper full (about 20 drops) a day for several days at a

time, and water that is " very special " .

A person can take too much iodine, though as you say 97-99% take too

little. My idea was to jump start the process and so I have now

backed off to a couple of drops a day.

There have been no ill effects other than a couple of unexpected zits,

which is OK as it plays to my delusion of still being a kid - lol.

Ton

oleander soup , " Martin Bjornson " <bjorn0214

wrote:

>

> Good information Micheal, and by the way those $4000 machines are

> worth every penny.

>

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Michael Goebel <goebelchx wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> > I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied

Clinical

> > Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very

> > obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.

> >

> > The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the

> > minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough

to stop

> > goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would

be right.

> > However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.

> >

> > The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw)

contains about 14

> > mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement

(NOT 200%).

> > Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer

than US

> > citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.

> >

> > 97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is

the level

> > of iodine required for really good health.

> >

> > About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function,

chiefly to

> > produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines

how quickly

> > bodily metabolic processes operate.

> >

> > Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the

normal range

> > despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more

accurate.

> > See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing

the Adrenal

> > Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and

thyroid

> > work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the

other over

> > time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands,

your sex

> > drive is also probably greatly reduced!

> >

> > The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an

under

> > active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out

of bed,

> > place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4

is normal.

> > Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.

> >

> > Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length

of time

> > will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin

to fall

> > out, too.

> >

> > When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal

metabolic

> > temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month

(take your

> > own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva

tests I've

> > mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis

> > revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15%

function

> > remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed

and to go

> > to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!

> >

> > I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest

amounts of

> > hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe

I'm at

> > roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started

to run

> > again, just last week.

> >

> > Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones.

This will

> > take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must

use a

> > method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off

the gland

> > while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical

nutritionist or an

> > experienced naturopath.

> >

> > Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be

> > discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's

> > Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your

system quickly

> > to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the

> > thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not

attempt to

> > explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid

increase of

> > iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further

destruction of the

> > thyroid gland!

> >

> > Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The

cheapest

> > Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental

Iodine). The

> > Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of

water.

> > Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine

tablets

> > which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more

> > expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous

posts. My

> > point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.

> >

> > Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine!

> >

> > Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and

Bromine are

> > Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink

> > chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually

acidic, and so

> > I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled

is the

> > best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)

> >

> > If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the

chlorine.

> > We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we

clean the

> > sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores

are wide

> > open!

> >

> > I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I

plan to get

> > the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.

> >

> > Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it

> > now.

>

>

>

> --

> All the best,

>

> Martin Bjornson

> Preventive Health Promoter

> Cape Coral, Fl.

> (239) 945-7072

>

> www.MJBYourBodyIsWater.com

>

Guest guest

As Doctor G says, do all you can:

/anticancer.htm

oleander soup , Michael Goebel <goebelchx wrote:

>

> I would not consent to chemo or radiation if I had your condition.

However, if most of the cancer could be removed by surgery, I might

consider it. I would be completely immersed in considerations of all

the facts I could get.

>

> Aside from such a consideration, I would get on every anti-cancer

protocol I could, sooner than immediately! I would start the OS now,

and stop consuming any sugar, caffienated, or bottled drinks. There

is plenty of information available here. Just apply it. The OS is

the first thing to do.

>

> Dr. Goebel

>

> Mantchev <mantchev wrote:

> Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still alive

without surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is malignant,

but he insists that the ascites is an indication of malignancy.

>

>

> -

> Michael Goebel

> oleander soup

> Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:51 PM

> Re: Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.

>

>

> Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in

half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement hormones

for the duration of your life.

>

> Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if it

was malignant. Please provide more information.

>

> Dr. Goebel

>

>

> I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and

have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about

iodine? It is not clear for me if I need it and in what amounts?

>

> 16 months ago the Dr. " discovered " a large(basketball

size) tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin,

spread in the peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver.

The thing is causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the

abdominal cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need

to get drained every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each

time. Any advise, please.

>

> Thanks,

> Milena

>

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> Michael Goebel

> oleander soup

> Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM

> Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.

>

>

> Hi,

> I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50

Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on

the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write

a response about iodine.

>

> The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate,

below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is

barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only

consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter

is only a small function of iodine.

>

> The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw)

contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES

the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the

traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens,

and do not get a host of diseases that we get.

>

> 97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient,

that is the level of iodine required for really good health.

>

> About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function,

chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that

determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.

>

> Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the

normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva

tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test

kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along

with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work

together, and any problem with either organ will affect the

other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of

the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!

>

> The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator

of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening,

before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your

armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under

that indicates hypothyroidism.

>

> Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a

length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow.

Other hair will begin to fall out, too.

>

> When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal

metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday

over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and

record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male

hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15%

function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in

my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go

to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was

daunting!

>

> I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest

amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest,

but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland

again. I have started to run again, just last week.

>

> Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of

hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more

underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help

take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I

would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced

naturopath.

>

> Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that

can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up

Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the

deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again

the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its

rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of

iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further

destruction of the thyroid gland!

>

> Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves.

The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1%

elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2

drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest,

and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an

organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive

iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My

point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.

>

> Your source of water is more important than your source of

Iodine!

>

> Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and

Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your

body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!!

Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it

either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet

(unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)

>

> If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove

the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the

shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water

is hot and our pores are wide open!

>

> I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower;

I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now.

Mobile. Try it now.

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Guest guest

Thank you, Michael. I appreciate your help in finding someone locally.

Regarding the iodine, I've asked at my local Walmart, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and Long's pharmacies but NONE of them neither carry in-stock, nor can order ingestable iodine. They only have the iodine tincture for external use. I pestered them each pretty intensely to confirm and verify and re-check both their databases and call and get this confirmed verbally from their "sources." A couple of them said I must have a prescription to get it, the others didn't say that. Do you know - must one have a prescription from a doctor to get it?

Angel

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:36 pm (PDT)

I will ask some questions for you and try to find a bay area practitioner.Iodine tincture should be available at a pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist.Dr. Goebel

Guest guest

Trish, would you mind sharing these "several places" you mention?

Also, who is it that can special order it for you?

Thanks,

Angel

Posted by: "Trish Kleinfelder" tkleinfelder astrotrissh

Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:01 pm (PDT)

Hi. I found Lugol's Solution in several places; and I can 'special order'it from my local drugstore (no prescription required). It's about $30 apint.trish

Guest guest

Not in Texas or any other state that I know of, Angel. Since you live in California (another country!!!), that may be different for you. Do you have a friend from out of state that can mail it to you?Dr. Goebeltoreadpeoplehealthinfo wrote: Thank you, Michael. I appreciate your help in finding someone locally. Regarding the iodine, I've

asked at my local Walmart, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and Long's pharmacies but NONE of them neither carry in-stock, nor can order ingestable iodine. They only have the iodine tincture for external use. I pestered them each pretty intensely to confirm and verify and re-check both their databases and call and get this confirmed verbally from their "sources." A couple of them said I must have a prescription to get it, the others didn't say that. Do you know - must one have a prescription from a doctor to get it? Angel Re: Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc. Posted by: "Michael Goebel" goebelchx goebelchx Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:36 pm (PDT) I will ask some questions for you and try to find a bay area practitioner.Iodine tincture should be available at a pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist.Dr. Goebel

Guest guest

Well, some of it can be surgically removed together with every single organ attached to it, but it would require 6 sessions of chemo prior to the surgery to shrink it down a bit, and the surgery would be huge excavation with any kind of "-ectomy" possible in the abdomen. After that... another 6 rounds of chemo. In order for the chemo to "work" a biopsy must be performed so they can find the specific poison needed in this case. So far I have refused any needle and surgical invasion. In the mean time I found this: http://www.lasemedinc.com/

Does anyone know more about it, or know someone who have done it successfully?

Thank you,

Milena

-

Michael Goebel

oleander soup

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:13 PM

I would not consent to chemo or radiation if I had your condition. However, if most of the cancer could be removed by surgery, I might consider it. I would be completely immersed in considerations of all the facts I could get.Aside from such a consideration, I would get on every anti-cancer protocol I could, sooner than immediately! I would start the OS now, and stop consuming any sugar, caffienated, or bottled drinks. There is plenty of information available here. Just apply it. The OS is the first thing to do.Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still alive without surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is malignant, but he insists that the ascites is an indication of malignancy.

-

Michael Goebel

oleander soup

Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement hormones for the duration of your life.Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if it was malignant. Please provide more information.Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Thanks,

Milena

-

Michael Goebel

oleander soup

Guest guest

Milena, if I were in your position, I would start the Oleander Soup,

whether it be the recipe of from Southerlandia OPC immediately,

together with Tony's Anti Cancer Protocol.

My connection is very slow and the site was not able to load

properly, but is that laser surgery? I will let Tony or Dr. Goebel

comment on the surgery part, but I would honestly not waste any time.

With or without surgery, I would start tht protocol immediately.

Hugs,

oleander soup , " Mantchev " <mantchev wrote:

>

> Well, some of it can be surgically removed together with every

single organ attached to it, but it would require 6 sessions of chemo

prior to the surgery to shrink it down a bit, and the surgery would

be huge excavation with any kind of " -ectomy " possible in the

abdomen. After that... another 6 rounds of chemo. In order for the

chemo to " work " a biopsy must be performed so they can find the

specific poison needed in this case. So far I have refused any needle

and surgical invasion. In the mean time I found this:

http://www.lasemedinc.com/

>

> Does anyone know more about it, or know someone who have done it

successfully?

>

> Thank you,

> Milena

> -

> Michael Goebel

> oleander soup

> Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:13 PM

>

>

> I would not consent to chemo or radiation if I had your

condition. However, if most of the cancer could be removed by

surgery, I might consider it. I would be completely immersed in

considerations of all the facts I could get.

>

> Aside from such a consideration, I would get on every anti-cancer

protocol I could, sooner than immediately! I would start the OS now,

and stop consuming any sugar, caffienated, or bottled drinks. There

is plenty of information available here. Just apply it. The OS is

the first thing to do.

>

> Dr. Goebel

>

>

> Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still

alive without surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is

malignant, but he insists that the ascites is an indication of

malignancy.

>

>

> -

> Michael Goebel

> oleander soup

> Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:51 PM

>

>

> Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in

half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement hormones

for the duration of your life.

>

> Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if

it was malignant. Please provide more information.

>

> Dr. Goebel

>

> I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and

have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about iodine?

It is not clear for me if I need it and in what amounts?

>

> 16 months ago the Dr. " discovered " a large(basketball size)

tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in the

peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver. The thing is

causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal

cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get drained

every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any advise,

please.

>

> Thanks,

> Milena

>

>

> -

> Michael Goebel

> oleander soup

> Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM

> Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.

>

>

> Hi,

> I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or

50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on

the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a

response about iodine.

>

> The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly

inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA

recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only

consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter

is only a small function of iodine.

>

> The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them

raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the

US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet

live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of

diseases that we get.

>

> 97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine

deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good

health.

>

> About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its

function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone

that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.

>

> Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in

the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva

tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits.

I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short

Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any

problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the

way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is

also probably greatly reduced!

>

> The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick

indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening,

before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A

reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates

hypothyroidism.

>

> Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over

a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other

hair will begin to fall out, too.

>

> When I checked myself September first of last year. My

basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday

over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record

them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone

panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function

remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals.

It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The

notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!

>

> I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the

smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to

retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each

gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.

>

> Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of

hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more

underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help

take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I

would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced

naturopath.

>

> Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody

that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in

your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must

first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I

will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or

naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with

Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!

>

> Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine

reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium

Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met

by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest,

and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an

organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive

iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point

in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.

>

> Your source of water is more important than your source

of Iodine!

>

> Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine,

and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body.

Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is

usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking

your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my

$4000 Japanese water machines!)

>

> If possible, also get a shower water filter which will

remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the

shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the

water is hot and our pores are wide open!

>

> I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my

shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford

it.

>

>

>

> --

--

Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

> --

------

Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> --

----------

Mobile. Try it now.

>

Guest guest

Thanks, Luela,

I've been trying to order from http://www.sutherlandiaopc.com/, but every time I get this message:

Credit Card Verification Pending

Your transaction has been stopped by our system and is not completed. There is currently a verification for your credit card that's pending. Setcom requires that you complete the verification of your credit card before proceeding with your purchase. Verify your credit card by completing these 3 easy steps:

Step 1:Find the amount charged on your next credit card statement or internet banking. It may take 3 to 4 business days for the amount to appear on your statement.

Step 2:Log in to your Setcom account at https://www.setcom.com. Click the Complete Verification link on your Account Overview page, and enter the amount charged on your card, exactly as it appears on your statement.

Step 3:When you enter your Verification Amount correctly, your verification will be complete. You can then proceed to the seller's website and attempt your purchase again.

and I've been unable to complete the transaction.

Is there any other way to order?

Thanks,

Milena

-

May

oleander soup

Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:00 PM

Milena, if I were in your position, I would start the Oleander Soup, whether it be the recipe of from Southerlandia OPC immediately, together with Tony's Anti Cancer Protocol. My connection is very slow and the site was not able to load properly, but is that laser surgery? I will let Tony or Dr. Goebel comment on the surgery part, but I would honestly not waste any time. With or without surgery, I would start tht protocol immediately.Hugs,oleander soup , "Mantchev" <mantchev wrote:>> Well, some of it can be surgically removed together with every single organ attached to it, but it would require 6 sessions of chemo prior to the surgery to shrink it down a bit, and the surgery would be huge excavation with any kind of "-ectomy" possible in the abdomen. After that... another 6 rounds of chemo. In order for the chemo to "work" a biopsy must be performed so they can find the specific poison needed in this case. So far I have refused any needle and surgical invasion. In the mean time I found this: http://www.lasemedinc.com/> > Does anyone know more about it, or know someone who have done it successfully?> > Thank you,> Milena> - > Michael Goebel > oleander soup > Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:13 PM> Re: Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.> > > I would not consent to chemo or radiation if I had your condition. However, if most of the cancer could be removed by surgery, I might consider it. I would be completely immersed in considerations of all the facts I could get.> > Aside from such a consideration, I would get on every anti-cancer protocol I could, sooner than immediately! I would start the OS now, and stop consuming any sugar, caffienated, or bottled drinks. There is plenty of information available here. Just apply it. The OS is the first thing to do.> > Dr. Goebel> > Mantchev <mantchev wrote:> > Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still alive without surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is malignant, but he insists that the ascites is an indication of malignancy.> > > - > Michael Goebel > oleander soup > Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:51 PM> Re: Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.> > > Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement hormones for the duration of your life.> > Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if it was malignant. Please provide more information.> > Dr. Goebel> > Mantchev <mantchev wrote: > I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about iodine? It is not clear for me if I need it and in what amounts? > > 16 months ago the Dr. "discovered" a large(basketball size) tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in the peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver. The thing is causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get drained every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any advise, please.> > Thanks,> Milena> > > - > Michael Goebel > oleander soup > Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM> Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.> > > Hi,> I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.> > The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.> > The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.> > 97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. > > About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.> > Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!> > The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.> > Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will begin to fall out, too.> > When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!> > I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.> > Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.> > Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!> > Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.> > Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! > > Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)> > If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!> > I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.> > Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN> > > ---------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > > > > -------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > --> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Let me send an email to Marc and see what he has to say.

oleander soup , " Mantchev " <mantchev wrote:

>

> Thanks, Luela,

>

> I've been trying to order from http://www.sutherlandiaopc.com/, but

every time I get this message:

> Credit Card Verification Pending

>

>

> Your transaction has been stopped by our system and is not

completed. There is currently a verification for your credit card

that's pending. Setcom requires that you complete the verification of

your credit card before proceeding with your purchase. Verify your

credit card by completing these 3 easy steps:

>

> Step 1:

> Find the amount charged on your next credit card statement or

internet banking. It may take 3 to 4 business days for the amount to

appear on your statement.

>

> Step 2:

> Log in to your Setcom account at https://www.setcom.com.

Click the Complete Verification link on your Account Overview page,

and enter the amount charged on your card, exactly as it appears on

your statement.

>

> Step 3:

> When you enter your Verification Amount correctly, your

verification will be complete. You can then proceed to the seller's

website and attempt your purchase again.

>

> and I've been unable to complete the transaction.

>

> Is there any other way to order?

>

> Thanks,

> Milena

>

>

>

> -

> May

> oleander soup

> Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:00 PM

>

>

> Milena, if I were in your position, I would start the Oleander

Soup,

> whether it be the recipe of from Southerlandia OPC immediately,

> together with Tony's Anti Cancer Protocol.

>

> My connection is very slow and the site was not able to load

> properly, but is that laser surgery? I will let Tony or Dr.

Goebel

> comment on the surgery part, but I would honestly not waste any

time.

> With or without surgery, I would start tht protocol immediately.

>

> Hugs,

>

>

> oleander soup , " Mantchev " <mantchev@> wrote:

> >

> > Well, some of it can be surgically removed together with every

> single organ attached to it, but it would require 6 sessions of

chemo

> prior to the surgery to shrink it down a bit, and the surgery

would

> be huge excavation with any kind of " -ectomy " possible in the

> abdomen. After that... another 6 rounds of chemo. In order for

the

> chemo to " work " a biopsy must be performed so they can find the

> specific poison needed in this case. So far I have refused any

needle

> and surgical invasion. In the mean time I found this:

> http://www.lasemedinc.com/

> >

> > Does anyone know more about it, or know someone who have done

it

> successfully?

> >

> > Thank you,

> > Milena

> > -

> > Michael Goebel

> > oleander soup

> > Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:13 PM

> > Re: Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.

> >

> >

> > I would not consent to chemo or radiation if I had your

> condition. However, if most of the cancer could be removed by

> surgery, I might consider it. I would be completely immersed in

> considerations of all the facts I could get.

> >

> > Aside from such a consideration, I would get on every anti-

cancer

> protocol I could, sooner than immediately! I would start the OS

now,

> and stop consuming any sugar, caffienated, or bottled drinks.

There

> is plenty of information available here. Just apply it. The OS is

> the first thing to do.

> >

> > Dr. Goebel

> >

> > Mantchev <mantchev@> wrote:

> >

> > Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still

> alive without surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is

> malignant, but he insists that the ascites is an indication of

> malignancy.

> >

> >

> > -

> > Michael Goebel

> > oleander soup

> > Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:51 PM

> > Re: Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.

> >

> >

> > Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in

> half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement

hormones

> for the duration of your life.

> >

> > Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if

> it was malignant. Please provide more information.

> >

> > Dr. Goebel

> >

> > Mantchev <mantchev@> wrote:

> > I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and

> have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about

iodine?

> It is not clear for me if I need it and in what amounts?

> >

> > 16 months ago the Dr. " discovered " a large(basketball size)

> tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in

the

> peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver. The thing is

> causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal

> cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get

drained

> every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any

advise,

> please.

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Milena

> >

> >

> > -

> > Michael Goebel

> > oleander soup

> > Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM

> > Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc.

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> > I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or

> 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are

on

> the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a

> response about iodine.

> >

> > The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly

> inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA

> recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the

only

> consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing

goiter

> is only a small function of iodine.

> >

> > The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them

> raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES

the

> US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional

diet

> live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a

host of

> diseases that we get.

> >

> > 97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine

> deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good

> health.

> >

> > About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its

> function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the

hormone

> that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.

> >

> > Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in

> the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva

> tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test

kits.

> I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the

Short

> Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any

> problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the

> way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive

is

> also probably greatly reduced!

> >

> > The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick

> indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon

awakening,

> before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit.

A

> reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates

> hypothyroidism.

> >

> > Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over

> a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow.

Other

> hair will begin to fall out, too.

> >

> > When I checked myself September first of last year. My

> basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday

> over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and

record

> them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone

> panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15%

function

> remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my

adrenals.

> It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The

> notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!

> >

> > I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the

> smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to

> retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each

> gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.

> >

> > Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of

> hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more

> underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help

> take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I

> would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced

> naturopath.

> >

> > Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody

> that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have

> Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine

in

> your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You

must

> first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy

and I

> will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or

> naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with

> Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!

> >

> > Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine

> reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium

> Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is

met

> by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process,

NutriWest,

> and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an

> organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive

> iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My

point

> in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.

> >

> > Your source of water is more important than your source

> of Iodine!

> >

> > Other halogens compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine,

> and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your

body.

> Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is

> usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking

> your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my

> $4000 Japanese water machines!)

> >

> > If possible, also get a shower water filter which will

> remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in

the

> shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the

> water is hot and our pores are wide open!

> >

> > I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my

> shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can

afford

> it.

> >

> > Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN

> >

> >

> > -------------------------

> --

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> Mobile. Try it now.

> >

> >

> >

> ------

> Mobile. Try it now.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ----------

> Mobile. Try it now.

> >

>

Guest guest

For some, 60-90% of the tumor can be removed w/o taking out organs. I'm sad to know that is not the case in your circumstance. You will have to rely on all you can find out here and every other place which can provide any useful information.May God bless your effort!Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev wrote: Well, some of it can be surgically removed together with every single organ attached to it, but it would require 6 sessions of chemo prior to the surgery to

shrink it down a bit, and the surgery would be huge excavation with any kind of "-ectomy" possible in the abdomen. After that... another 6 rounds of chemo. In order for the chemo to "work" a biopsy must be performed so they can find the specific poison needed in this case. So far I have refused any needle and surgical invasion. In the mean time I found this: http://www.lasemedinc.com/ Does anyone know more about it, or know someone who have done it successfully? Thank you, Milena - Michael Goebel oleander soup Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:13 PM Re: Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc. I would not consent to chemo or radiation if I had your condition. However, if most of the cancer could be removed by surgery, I might consider it. I would be completely immersed in considerations of all the facts I could get.Aside from such a consideration, I would get on every anti-cancer protocol I could, sooner than immediately! I would start the OS now, and stop consuming any sugar, caffienated, or bottled drinks. There is plenty of information available here. Just apply

it. The OS is the first thing to do.Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote: Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still alive without surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is malignant, but he insists that the ascites is an indication of malignancy. - Michael Goebel oleander soup Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:51 PM Re:

Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc. Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in half, 7 mg per day. You will need the thyroid replacement hormones for the duration of your life.Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me. You did not say if it was malignant. Please provide more information.Dr. GoebelMantchev <mantchev (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote: I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and have been taking Levoxyl since then. What should I do about iodine? It is not clear for me if I need it and in what amounts? 16 months ago the Dr. "discovered" a large(basketball size) tumor in the lower abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in the peritoneum, omentum, etc. with lesions on the liver. The thing is causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in the abdominal cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get drained every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any advise, please. Thanks, Milena - Michael Goebel oleander soup Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:48 AM Iodine, Hypothyroidism, etc. Hi,I have been seeing the iodine posts. I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical Nutritionists in Texas. (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious reasons!) As an ACN I write a response about iodine.The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum for good health. What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter. If goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right. However, preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg of Iodine. That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of iodine required for really good health. About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce T4, T3, and some T2. T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily metabolic processes operate.Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism. Saliva tests can be more accurate. See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits. I would recommend doing the Adrenal Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel. The adrenals and thyroid work together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time. By the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also probably greatly reduced!The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active (hype) thyroid gland. Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the thermometer in your armpit. A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal. Anything under that indicates hypothyroidism.Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow. Other hair will

begin to fall out, too.When I checked myself September first of last year. My basal metabolic temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over a month (take your own readings over a month's time and record them). The saliva tests I've mentioned, an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had 15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work. The notion of cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of hormones for 7 months, now. I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly 40 to 50 % function in each gland again. I have started to run again, just last week.Warning: do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones. This will take an underactive gland and make it more underactive. You must use a method to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is rebuilding. I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced naturopath.Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered with a blood or saliva test. If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the deficiency. You must first correct the thyroiditis. (Again the procedure is lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or naturopath.) A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves. The cheapest Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine). The Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which contain an organically bound iodine. You can also find the more expensive iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts. My point in mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine! Other halogens

compete with Iodine. Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body. Do not drink chlorinated or fluoridated water!!! Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't recommend it either. So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet (unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine. We absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN Be a

better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Thank you, Dr. Goebel. Your kind words mean a lot to me.

The encouragement and support of this group give me more power, hope and

patience to continue the search for solution.

Milena

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Michael Goebel <goebelchx

Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:29:47

To:oleander soup

For some, 60-90% of the tumor can be removed w/o taking out organs.  I'm sad to

know that is not the case in your circumstance. 

You will have to rely on all you can find out here and every other place which

can provide any useful information.

May God bless your effort!

Dr. Goebel

Mantchev <mantchev wrote:

Well, some of it can be surgically removed together with every single organ

attached to it, but it would require 6 sessions of chemo prior to the surgery to

shrink it down a bit, and the surgery would be huge excavation with any kind of

" -ectomy " possible in the abdomen. After that... another 6 rounds of chemo. In

order for the chemo to " work " a biopsy must be performed so they can find the

specific poison needed in this case. So far I have refused any needle and

surgical invasion. In the mean time I found this: http://www.lasemedi

<http://www.lasemedinc.com/> nc.com/

Does anyone know more about it, or know someone who have done it successfully?

Thank you,

Milena

-

oleander soup@ <oleander soup >

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:13 PM

I would not consent to chemo or radiation if I had your condition.  However, if

most of the cancer could be removed by surgery, I might consider it.  I would be

completely immersed in considerations of all the facts I could get.

Aside from such a consideration, I would get on every anti-cancer protocol I

could, sooner than immediately!  I would start the OS now, and stop consuming

any sugar, caffienated, or bottled drinks.  There is plenty of information

available here.  Just apply it.  The OS is the first thing to do.

Dr. Goebel

Mantchev <mantchev wrote:

Since I have not had biopsy(afraid of seeding) and I am still alive without

surgery and chemo, Dr. is not 100% sure that it is malignant, but he insists

that the ascites is an indication of malignancy.

-

Your body still needs some Iodine; cut the recommendation in half, 7 mg per

day.  You will need the thyroid replacement hormones for the duration of your

life.

Your abdominal tumor is alarming to me.  You did not say if it was malignant. 

Please provide more information.

Dr. Goebel

Mantchev <mantchev (AT) comcast (DOT) <mantchev net> wrote:

I had thyroidectomy in 2004 due to papillary carcinoma and have been taking

Levoxyl since then. What should I do about iodine? It is not clear for me if I

need it and in what amounts?

16 months ago the Dr. " discovered " a large(basketball size) tumor in the lower

abdomen probably of ovarian origin, spread in the peritoneum, omentum, etc. with

lesions on the liver. The thing is causing severe ascites (fluid accumulation in

the abdominal cavity)...Refused biopsy, surgery and chemo, but need to get

drained every 4 days. They remove 10 liters of fluid each time. Any advise,

please.

Thanks,

Milena

-

Hi,

I have been seeing the iodine posts.  I am one of 40 or 50 Applied Clinical

Nutritionists in Texas.  (Many more of us are on the way for the very obvious

reasons!)    As an ACN I write a response about iodine.

The USA requirement level for iodine is grossly inaccurate, below the minimum

for good health.  What the FDA recommends is barely enough to stop goiter.  If

goiter were the only consideration, well, they would be right.  However,

preventing goiter is only a small function of iodine.

The traditional Japanese diet (seafoods, many of them raw) contains about 14 mg

of Iodine.  That is roughly 200 TIMES the US FDA requirement (NOT 200%). 

Japanese eating the traditional diet live about 10 years longer than US

citizens, and do not get a host of diseases that we get.

97 to 99 percent of the US population is Iodine deficient, that is the level of

iodine required for really good health. 

About half of the 14 mg supplies the thyroid in its function, chiefly to produce

T4, T3, and some T2.  T3 is the hormone that determines how quickly bodily

metabolic processes operate.

Blood tests frequently show a hypothyroid person to be in the normal range

despite obvious signs of hypothyroidism.  Saliva tests can be more accurate. 

See Diagnos Techs for saliva test kits.  I would recommend doing the Adrenal

Stress Panel along with the Short Thyroid Panel.  The adrenals and thyroid work

together, and any problem with either organ will affect the other over time.  By

the way, if you have issues with each of the glands, your sex drive is also

probably greatly reduced!

The basal metabolic temperature is the best quick indicator of an under active

(hype) thyroid gland.  Upon awakening, before you get out of bed, place the

thermometer in your armpit.   A reading of 97.6 to 98.4 is normal.   Anything

under that indicates hypothyroidism.

Besides a lack of energy, people with hypothyroidism over a length of time will

lose the lateral 1/2 of each eye brow.  Other hair will begin to fall out, too.

When I checked myself September first of last year.  My basal metabolic

temperature was 94.6 to 95.7 as measured everyday over  a month  (take your own

readings over a month's time and record them).  The saliva tests I've mentioned,

an expanded male hormone panel, and a hair mineral analysis revealed that I had

15% function remaining in my thyroid and 15% function remaining in my adrenals. 

It was a major effort to get out of bed and to go to work.  The notion of

cleaning my house or cooking was daunting!

I have been taking food concentrates, herbs, and the smallest amounts of

hormones for 7 months, now.  I am about to retest, but I believe I'm at roughly

40 to 50 % function in each gland again.  I have started to run  again, just

last week.

Warning:  do not let someone put you on strong doses of hormones.  This will

take an underactive gland and make it more underactive.  You must use a method

to rebuild the gland, and help take some of the stress off the gland while it is

rebuilding.  I would see and applied clinical nutritionist or an experienced

naturopath.

Those with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis will have an antibody that can be discovered

with a blood or saliva test.  If you have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, you should

not begin building up Iodine in your system quickly to attempt to correct the

deficiency.  You must first correct the thyroiditis.  (Again the procedure is

lengthy and I will not attempt to explain its rationale here - see an ACN or

naturopath.)  A rapid increase of iodine intake coupled with Hashimoto's can

cause further destruction of the thyroid gland!

Those without Hashimoto's can build up their Iodine reserves.  The cheapest

Iodine is Lugol's solution (1% Potassium Iodide + 1% elemental Iodine).  The

Japanese daily requirement is met by 2 drops per day in a glass of water. 

Standard Process, NutriWest, and many other companies have iodine tablets which

contain an organically bound iodine.  You can also find the more expensive

iodine sources as some already mentioned in previous posts.  My point in

mentioning these options is that Lugol's is sufficient.

Your source of water is more important than your source of Iodine!

Other halogens compete with Iodine.   Chlorine, Fluorine, and Bromine are

Iodines competitiors for binding sites in your body.  Do not drink chlorinated

or fluoridated water!!!  Bottled water is usually acidic, and so I don't

recommend it either.  So for taking your Iodine, distilled is the best bet

(unless you want one of my $4000 Japanese water machines!)

If possible, also get a shower water filter which will remove the chlorine.  We

absorb tremendous amounts of chlorine in the shower after we clean the sweat and

oils off our skins, when the water is hot and our pores are wide open!

I am currently looking for a cheap, quick fix for my shower; I plan to get the

permanent solution as soon as I can afford it.

Michael L Goebel, DC, ACN

----------------

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

<http://us.rd./evt=51733/*http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtD\

ypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>

----------------

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try

it now.

ypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>

----------------

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it

now.

ypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>

----------------

ypao8Wcj9tAcJ >