Rate this topic

Guest guest

Panther Piss and Black Walnut Tincture.. Lisa

-

Trish

herbal remedies

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 2:46 AM

Herbal Remedies - Hypothyroidism

I am wondering about any herbal rememedies for borderline hypothyroidism. The symptoms include bloating of the hands and feet, and fatigue. Any ideas of what can help this?

Guest guest

Trish wrote:

>

>

> I am wondering about any herbal rememedies for borderline

> hypothyroidism. The symptoms include bloating of the hands and feet,

> and fatigue. Any ideas of what can help this?

>

>

>

>

>

Trish:

Have you been tested for HypoT? Most docs will run a TSH test with a

range of about 0.5-5.5 or 6.0. This range is too broad. The american

association of Clinical Endocrinologists recommends that the range be

0.5-3.0 so you may not be borderline, you may be hypoT. The symptoms

you described sound thyroid. Others symptoms could be weight gain,

brain-fog, hair loss, dry skin, heart palpitations, increased anxiety,

cold intolerance etc. The two most common causes of hypoT are the

autoimmune disease Hashimoto's and iodine insufficiency. If Hashimoto's

is the cause, antibody blood tests can determine which antibody is

responsible.

Iodine insufficiency would be more prevalent if you eat a vegetarian

diet with most of your vegetables coming from the Midwest where the

soil doesn't have as much iodine. The RDA for iodine is 150mcg per

day. If you eat any meat, fish, chicken or turkey, you are getting

150mcg per day. The typical American diet has 800-2000mcg per day

because of fast food. Iodized salt was introduced to combat hypoT and

goiter caused by iodine insufficiency. Iodized salt is actually toxic.

The process used to make commercial salt is horrible. You would be

better off with a good Celtic sea salt which would have some iodine, but

also a broad base of many trace minerals. Many Naturopaths recommend

iodine supplementation to combat hypoT. This may or may not be good.

If your cause is autoimmune, then excess iodine is a known trigger for

Graves' disease which is the autoimmune hypERt disease.

Many people with low thyroid have found good results by incorporating

coconut oil into the diet. You can also avoid goitrogenic foods which

tend to lower thyroid function. These would include cabbage, brussel

sprouts, broccoli, peaches, pears etc. Exercise helps with increasing

thyroid hormones. Just getting out for a walk each day helps. It is

especially good to get plenty of light this time of year. Estrogen

dominance also plays a role in hypoT. When you are estrogen dominant,

you don't have enough progesterone. Progesterone doesn't actually raise

your thyroid hormone but it makes the hormone that you are making more

usable by the body. Others can respond regarding specific herbs used to

help hypoT

The best blood test to determine your thyroid levels are the FreeT4 and

FreeT3. This measures the amount of hormone in your bloodstream that is

not already bound to other proteins. It is what your body has available

for use. Bound hormone is affected by some OTC medications and your

female hormone levels. I suggest determining the cause of your hyponess

with a qualified alternative professional who can evaluate just what you

are missing. If you progress to more severe hypoT, then I would suggest

finding a professional who can prescribe the natural thyroid hormone

Armour and make sure that he/she doses based on a combination of

symptoms and FreeT3 and FreeT4 NOT TSH.

There are of course other causes for the symptoms that you mentioned

too. You need to get a definative diagnosis before loading up on new

supplements.

Monica

Guest guest

Trish,

Do a search on the messages for that subject; there have been tons

of posts on that topic, from me and Kelly and other members.

but more importantly, get Doc's tape and then call him for a consult!

I used to be on Thyroid meds (4 years) and i have been off them now

for year thanks to Doc and the Master cleanse!

Sylvia

herbal remedies , " Trish "

<tlevesque_2004> wrote:

>

>

> I am wondering about any herbal rememedies for borderline

> hypothyroidism. The symptoms include bloating of the hands and

feet,

> and fatigue. Any ideas of what can help this?

Guest guest

I would like to find things out about that also.. I also have

hypothyroid, and now I have swollen feet and am tired all the time.

So if there " is " something out there please let me know... I am

currently taking horses tail, cornsilk and it don't seem to be

working...Mary

herbal remedies , " Sylvia " <h10feet> wrote:

>

> Trish,

>

> Do a search on the messages for that subject; there have been tons

> of posts on that topic, from me and Kelly and other members.

>

> but more importantly, get Doc's tape and then call him for a

consult!

>

> I used to be on Thyroid meds (4 years) and i have been off them now

> for year thanks to Doc and the Master cleanse!

>

> Sylvia

>

> herbal remedies , " Trish "

> <tlevesque_2004> wrote:

> >

> >

> > I am wondering about any herbal rememedies for borderline

> > hypothyroidism. The symptoms include bloating of the hands and

> feet,

> > and fatigue. Any ideas of what can help this?

Guest guest

Mary-

How is your diet, water intake, exercise and stress in your life??

Herbs are not magic bullets, they work in concert with your body to provide the desired result.

I come in contact with people all the time that tell me that Echinacea doesn't work as good as they hoped. Well when they continue to feed their body crap, not drink water, not exercise, not get enough sleep and have a ton of stress, what do you expect is going to happen. They are not going to get well...life doesn't work that way, there are no shortcuts to better health....but there are ways that you can expedite the process and herbs are part of this. It is about a lifestyle change which once you understand this becomes easier and easier and also is tremendously rewarding.

Rob

mary_buss2003 [mary_buss2003]Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:07 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - Re: HypothyroidismI would like to find things out about that also.. I also have hypothyroid, and now I have swollen feet and am tired all the time. So if there "is" something out there please let me know... I am currently taking horses tail, cornsilk and it don't seem to be working...Maryherbal remedies , "Sylvia" <h10feet> wrote:> > Trish, > > Do a search on the messages for that subject; there have been tons > of posts on that topic, from me and Kelly and other members.> > but more importantly, get Doc's tape and then call him for a consult!> > I used to be on Thyroid meds (4 years) and i have been off them now > for year thanks to Doc and the Master cleanse!> > Sylvia> > herbal remedies , "Trish" > <tlevesque_2004> wrote:> > > > > > I am wondering about any herbal rememedies for borderline > > hypothyroidism. The symptoms include bloating of the hands and > feet, > > and fatigue. Any ideas of what can help this?Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Thank you Rob-

As for my diet... it could be better, the same with water intake and I have alot of stress at this moment. But I do have to say that Echinacea does work so far.. I have been exposed to bronchitous alot more than I really want. (who does anyways??) But I find that so far (knock on wood) I have been pretty healthy. Inspite of my sleeping habits, sometimes I find that I take naps in the afternoon and times I don't I find that my muscles and joints been hurting and I am assuming that it would be part of the symtoms of Hypothyroid so I take White Willow.

Do you by chance know any herbs that will counteract Synthroid or any other thyroid supplement? If so please let me know. Thank You MaryRob Combis <rcombis wrote:

Mary-

How is your diet, water intake, exercise and stress in your life??

Herbs are not magic bullets, they work in concert with your body to provide the desired result.

I come in contact with people all the time that tell me that Echinacea doesn't work as good as they hoped. Well when they continue to feed their body crap, not drink water, not exercise, not get enough sleep and have a ton of stress, what do you expect is going to happen. They are not going to get well...life doesn't work that way, there are no shortcuts to better health....but there are ways that you can expedite the process and herbs are part of this. It is about a lifestyle change which once you understand this becomes easier and easier and also is tremendously rewarding.

Rob

mary_buss2003 [mary_buss2003]Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:07 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - Re: HypothyroidismI would like to find things out about that also.. I also have hypothyroid, and now I have swollen feet and am tired all the time. So if there "is" something out there please let me know... I am currently taking horses tail, cornsilk and it don't seem to be working...Maryherbal remedies , "Sylvia" <h10feet> wrote:> > Trish, > > Do a search on the messages for that subject; there have been tons > of posts on that topic, from me and Kelly and other members.> > but more importantly, get Doc's tape and then call him for a

consult!> > I used to be on Thyroid meds (4 years) and i have been off them now > for year thanks to Doc and the Master cleanse!> > Sylvia> > herbal remedies , "Trish" > <tlevesque_2004> wrote:> > > > > > I am wondering about any herbal rememedies for borderline > > hypothyroidism. The symptoms include bloating of the hands and > feet, > > and fatigue. Any ideas of what can help this?Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave

themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are

exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

Guest guest

> Do you by chance know any herbs that will counteract Synthroid or any

> other thyroid supplement? If so please let me know. Thank You Mary

>

> *//*

Lemon balm, and bugleweed are used to treat hyperthyroidism and will be

contraindicated for replacement hormone unless you are on a modified

block and replace regiment.

If you take synthroid, don't take it with or within 2 hours of

grapefruit juice. Take it by itself, atleast an hour before anything

else. Take it the same time each day, usually first thing in the

morning. Many people do not respond as well to the big S. Some find

that they need a different med or the natural alternative Armour.

Guest guest

Would Neurontin work instead of Dilantin? The last time I read about it there were fewer side affects than most in the class, but things change.RachelAnn1 wrote: My mom was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism (we think it was at least partially caused by the Dilantin she just went on after having craniotomy for benign brain tumor). I've been researching it online trying to find some natural ways to deal with it, instead of giving her more drugs that'll give her more side effects. She's about to turn 60, and I'm afraid that she's starting on the slope of more and more medications, which will only cause her more problems. She is open to alternatives and hates taking meds

(most of them cause her bad side effects - like the Dilantin and a similar med before that, horrible headaches, major fatigue, and some loss of mental alertness). But my father is a surgeon and thinks drugs heal people. She probably won't be able to stop the Dilantin for about a year, though her doctor did cut her dose in half, which helped significantly with her fatigue.Has anyone out there successfully treated hypothyroidism naturally? Any suggestions for supplements? How about the drugs Synthroid versus Armour? Also, does anyone know anything about preventing seizure after brain surgery? that's what the Dilantin is for, and I really have no idea how necessary it is, but seizures are definitely something we don't want to mess with.Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice,RachelOur joy in the color of the rose is part of its beauty. Our appreciation of the bird chorus is part of the song. ~Starhawk ********************************************* Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-HEALING NATURALLY- this is the premise of HOLISTIC HEALTH. Preventative and Curative measure to take for many ailments at:http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm__________-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:http://www.health./subs_invite _________To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to: http://www.health./links___________Community email addresses: Post message: Subscribe: - Un: - List owner: -owner _______Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.health.

Guest guest

i do not know whether it will interest you. i have done lot of work on indian yogic hand postures called mudras. there is a mudra called sun mudra which have been used for reducing fat as well as healing thyroid problems. it also takes out lot of toxins. the point it presses is called in accupressure the thyroid point. 4000 nerves originate from our finger tips and these are used by this system to correct the imbalance of 5 elements with which the nature and our body is made of. very simple to use and it is non-invasive and no meds are required. for taking out toxins, the apan mudra is the best. both are in do-it-yourself series and you can download them from the mudra folder in the articles section.

i have a special mudra for thyroid only but that is in my e-book which is for sale.

there are other mudras also in the folder and may be some of them could be useful to you and your family.

with light & love

d.k.kothari

DK_Holistic_Healing/

-

RachelAnn1

Sunday, December 18, 2005 12:37 AM

hypothyroidism

My mom was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism (we think it was at least partially caused by the Dilantin she just went on after having craniotomy for benign brain tumor). I've been researching it online trying to find some natural ways to deal with it, instead of giving her more drugs that'll give her more side effects. She's about to turn 60, and I'm afraid that she's starting on the slope of more and more medications, which will only cause her more problems. She is open to alternatives and hates taking meds (most of them cause her bad side effects - like the Dilantin and a similar med before that, horrible headaches, major fatigue, and some loss of mental alertness). But my father is a surgeon and thinks drugs heal people. She probably won't be able to stop the Dilantin for about a year, though her doctor did cut her dose in half, which helped significantly with her fatigue.Has anyone out there successfully treated hypothyroidism naturally? Any suggestions for supplements? How about the drugs Synthroid versus Armour? Also, does anyone know anything about preventing seizure after brain surgery? that's what the Dilantin is for, and I really have no idea how necessary it is, but seizures are definitely something we don't want to mess with.Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice,RachelOur joy in the color of the rose is part of its beauty. Our appreciation of the bird chorus is part of the song. ~Starhawk

Guest guest

Hello Rachel, I had a serious bout with hypothyroidism a 4 years ago. I went from feeling tired all the time to lethargic, and short term memory loss before my doctor found out that it was not the flu but hypothyroidism. My system had been compromised because I had just had a baby, and we found mold in the vents in my home. My doctor put me on synthroid, I was on it for almost 6 months until I found the right product to help me. I stayed on it and took my herbs and vitamins until I felt better than I did before I was diagnosed and then I stopped taking it, then a year ago I had a physical for life insurance and was told I had no signs of it, after being off medication for 3 years(the nurse insisted on testing me for it, because I had to disclose it to her because it was in my records) The product I use is loaded with iodine which is what is lacking in people with hypothyroid issues. All of their products have iodine, and their

products are certified organic sea vegetation. Call them at 800 682-7100 tell them I sent you or give them 9405 and they will give you a discount. The products are guaranteed, so you have nothing to lose. Best wishes Winona carol lasley <tulipstochat wrote: Would Neurontin work instead of Dilantin? The last time I read about it there were fewer side affects than most in the class, but things change.RachelAnn1 wrote: My mom was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism (we think it was at least partially caused by the Dilantin she just went on after having craniotomy for benign brain tumor). I've been researching it online trying to find some natural ways to deal with it, instead of giving her more drugs that'll give her more side effects. She's about to turn 60, and I'm afraid that she's starting on the slope of more and more medications, which will only cause her more problems. She is open to alternatives and hates taking meds (most of them cause her bad side effects - like the Dilantin and a similar med before that, horrible headaches, major fatigue, and some loss of mental alertness). But my father is a surgeon and thinks drugs heal people. She probably won't be able to

stop the Dilantin for about a year, though her doctor did cut her dose in half, which helped significantly with her fatigue.Has anyone out there successfully treated hypothyroidism naturally? Any suggestions for supplements? How about the drugs Synthroid versus Armour? Also, does anyone know anything about preventing seizure after brain surgery? that's what the Dilantin is for, and I really have no idea how necessary it is, but seizures are definitely something we don't want to mess with.Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice,RachelOur joy in the color of the rose is part of its beauty. Our appreciation of the bird chorus is part of the song. ~Starhawk ********************************************* Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-HEALING NATURALLY- this is the premise of HOLISTIC HEALTH. Preventative and Curative measure to take for many ailments

at:http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm__________-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:http://www.health./subs_invite _________To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to: http://www.health./links___________Community email addresses: Post message: Subscribe: - Un:

- List owner: -owner _______Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.health.

Guest guest

Hi Rachel,

I too am hypothyroid. I should get her adrenals checked too by a salivary test. Many hypothyroid people need adrenal support to be able to use their thyroid medications adequately. I prefer to use armour thyroid as this is more natural for us - it is made from pigs thyroid glands, and although this sounds very distasteful to me, it is the only way I know to feel well. Lots of people find that they never regain their health on the synthetic drugs. I suggest you look at the website

http://www.tpa-uk.org.uk/ which has a lot of information you may find useful. Also read the book Safe Uses of Cortisol by W McK Jefferies from www.ccthomas.com or phone 0012177898980 if you are not in the US to buy it, as the website is set up for US purchases.

I hope the above helps. Also it is often better to start with treating the adrenals before the thyroid.

Val

My mom was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism (we think it was at least partially caused by the Dilantin she just went on after having craniotomy for benign brain tumor). I've been researching it online trying to find some natural ways to deal with it, instead of giving her more drugs that'll give her more side effects. She's about to turn 60, and I'm afraid that she's starting on the slope of more and more medications, which will only cause her more problems. She is open to alternatives and hates taking meds (most of them cause her bad side effects - like the Dilantin and a similar med before that, horrible headaches, major fatigue, and some loss of mental alertness). But my father is a surgeon and thinks drugs heal people. She probably won't be able to stop the Dilantin for about a year, though her doctor did cut her dose in half, which helped significantly with her fatigue.Has anyone out there successfully treated hypothyroidism naturally? Any suggestions for supplements? How about the drugs Synthroid versus Armour? Also, does anyone know anything about preventing seizure after brain surgery? that's what the Dilantin is for, and I really have no idea how necessary it is, but seizures are definitely something we don't want to mess with.Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice,Rachel

Guest guest

Rachel,

I use an essential oil blend called

Endoflex to help balance my Thyroid. I place a dop of it right over my thyroid

at the base of my throat. There is also a product in capsule form called

Thryromin that others have used with success. Both are available on my website,

http://www.youngliving.com/sherry23331

if that interests you. Just click on the product line icon.

I hope your mother improves soon.

Sherry L. Stoll

Freelance Writer | Greeting Card Writer |

Illustrator

http://sherry_l_stoll.tripod.com

http://www.writingup.com/blog/sherry_l_stoll

Independent Young Living Distributor

http://www.youngliving.com/sherry23331

RachelAnn1

wrote:

My mom was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism (we think it was at least

partially caused by the Dilantin she just went on after having craniotomy for

benign brain tumor). I've been researching it online trying to find some

natural ways to deal with it, instead of giving her more drugs that'll give her

more side effects. She's about to turn 60, and I'm afraid that she's

starting on the slope of more and more medications, which will only cause her

more problems. She is open to alternatives and hates taki ng meds (most

of them cause her bad side effects - like the Dilantin and a similar med before

that, horrible headaches, major fatigue, and some loss of mental alertness).

But my father is a surgeon and thinks drugs heal people. She probably

won't be able to stop the Dilantin for about a year, though her doctor did cut

her dose in half, which helped significantly with her fatigue.

Has anyone out there successfully treated hypothyroidism naturally? Any

suggestions for supplements? How about the drugs Synthroid versus Armour?

Also, does anyone know anything about preventing seizure after brain surgery?

that's what the Dilantin is for, and I really have no idea how necessary it is,

but seizures are definitely something we don't want to mess with.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice,

Rachel

Our joy in the color of the rose is part of its beauty. Our appreciation of the

bird chorus is part of the song. ~Starhawk

Guest guest

If you're looking for iodine products, I use IODORAL which one can purchase from a health food store for about $28.00 U.S. My doctor prescribed it for me when I was feeling sluggish. The pamplet inside the bottle is very informative about the decline in todays society: "In the 1960's, one slice of bread in the USA contained the full RDA of 0.15mg iodine. The risk for breast cancer was then 1 in 20. Over the last 2 decades, iodine was replaced by bromine in the bread making process. Bromine blocks thyroid function and may interfere with the anticancer effect of iodine on the breast. Now, the risk for breast cancer is 1 in 8 and increasing 1% per year." Anything for the almighty dollar $$ regardless of peoples' health. winona johnson <louisonline2 wrote: Hello Rachel, I had a serious bout with hypothyroidism a 4 years ago. I went from feeling tired all the time to lethargic, and short term memory loss before my doctor found out that it was not the flu but hypothyroidism. My system had been compromised because I had just had a baby, and we found mold in the vents in my home. My doctor put me on synthroid, I was on it for almost 6 months until I found the right product to help me. I stayed on it and took my herbs and vitamins until I felt better than I did before I was diagnosed and then I stopped taking it, then a year ago I had a physical for life insurance and was told I had no signs of it, after being off medication for 3 years(the nurse insisted on testing me for it, because I had to disclose it to her because it was in my records) The product I use is loaded with iodine which is what is lacking in people with hypothyroid issues. All of their products have iodine, and their products are certified organic sea

vegetation. Call them at 800 682-7100 tell them I sent you or give them 9405 and they will give you a discount. The products are guaranteed, so you have nothing to lose. Best wishes Winona carol lasley <tulipstochat wrote: Would Neurontin work instead of Dilantin? The last time I read about it there were fewer side affects than most in the class, but things change.RachelAnn1 wrote: My mom was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism (we think it was at least partially caused by the Dilantin she just went on after having craniotomy for benign brain tumor). I've been researching it online trying to find some natural ways to deal with it, instead of giving her more drugs that'll give her more side effects. She's about to turn 60, and I'm afraid that she's starting on the slope of more and more medications, which will only cause her more problems. She is open to alternatives and hates taking meds (most of them cause her bad side effects - like the Dilantin and a similar med before that, horrible headaches, major fatigue, and some loss of mental alertness). But my father is a surgeon and thinks drugs heal people. She probably won't be able to stop the Dilantin for about a year,

though her doctor did cut her dose in half, which helped significantly with her fatigue.Has anyone out there successfully treated hypothyroidism naturally? Any suggestions for supplements? How about the drugs Synthroid versus Armour? Also, does anyone know anything about preventing seizure after brain surgery? that's what the Dilantin is for, and I really have no idea how necessary it is, but seizures are definitely something we don't want to mess with.Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice,RachelOur joy in the color of the rose is part of its beauty. Our appreciation of the bird chorus is part of the song. ~Starhawk ********************************************* Peacefulmind.com Sponsors Alternative Answers-HEALING NATURALLY- this is the premise of HOLISTIC HEALTH. Preventative and Curative measure to take for many ailments at:http://www.peacefulmind.com/ailments.htm__________-To INVITE A FRIEND to our healing community, copy and paste this address in an email to them:http://www.health./subs_invite _________To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to: http://www.health./links___________Community email addresses: Post message: Subscribe: - Un: -

List owner: -owner _______Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.health.

Patty

Guest guest

Thank you for the information, but is Iodoral certified organic? because the product I use is sea vegetation. Iodine is in all sea vegetation naturally, it is not added and it only cost $15.00. I prefer organic as much as possible. Please let me know if it is. Winonadog lover <prettypatty1956 wrote: If you're looking for iodine products, I use IODORAL which one can purchase from a health

food store for about $28.00 U.S. My doctor prescribed it for me when I was feeling sluggish. The pamplet inside the bottle is very informative about the decline in todays society: "In the 1960's, one slice of bread in the USA contained the full RDA of 0.15mg iodine. The risk for breast cancer was then 1 in 20. Over the last 2 decades, iodine was replaced by bromine in the bread making process. Bromine blocks thyroid function and may interfere with the anticancer effect of iodine on the breast. Now, the risk for breast cancer is 1 in 8 and increasing 1% per year." Anything for the almighty dollar $$ regardless of peoples' health. winona johnson <louisonline2 wrote: Hello Rachel, I had a serious bout with hypothyroidism a 4 years ago. I went from feeling tired all the

time to lethargic, and short term memory loss before my doctor found out that it was not the flu but hypothyroidism. My system had been compromised because I had just had a baby, and we found mold in the vents in my home. My doctor put me on synthroid, I was on it for almost 6 months until I found the right product to help me. I stayed on it and took my herbs and vitamins until I felt better than I did before I was diagnosed and then I stopped taking it, then a year ago I had a physical for life insurance and was told I had no signs of it, after being off medication for 3 years(the nurse insisted on testing me for it, because I had to disclose it to her because it was in my records) The product I use is loaded with iodine which is what is lacking in people with hypothyroid issues. All of their products have iodine, and their products are certified organic sea vegetation. Call them at 800 682-7100 tell them I sent you or give them 9405 and they

will give you a discount. The products are guaranteed, so you have nothing to lose. Best wishes Winona address in an email to them:http://www.health./subs_invite _________To ADD A LINK, RESOURCE, OR WEBSITE to Alternative Answers please Go to: http://www.health./links___________Community email addresses: Post message: Subscribe: - Un: - List owner: -owner _______Shortcut URL to this page: http://www.health. Tired of

spam? Mail has the best spam protection around Patty

Guest guest

Hi Winona, Sorry for the lateness of my response, holidays and all you know. It doesn't say anything about being organic [which I prefer myself, but my D.O. who practices holistic and alternative medicine, recomended these]. Iodoral is a precisely quantified tablet form containing 5mg of iodine and 7.5mg iodide as the potassium salt. To prevent gastric irritation, the iodine/iodide preparation was absorbed unto a colloidal silica excipient: and to eliminate the unpleasant taste of iodine, the tablets were coated with a thin film of pharmaceutical glaze. [from pamplet included with bottle] $28.00 U.S. dollars for a bottle of 90 tablets, 3 month supply at 1 a day. winona johnson <louisonline2 wrote: Thank you for the information, but is Iodoral certified organic? because the product I use is sea vegetation. Iodine is in all sea vegetation naturally, it is not added and it only cost $15.00. I prefer organic as much as possible. Please let me know if it is. Winonadog lover <prettypatty1956 wrote: If you're looking for iodine products, I use IODORAL which one can purchase from a health food store for about $28.00 U.S. My doctor prescribed it for me

when I was feeling sluggish. The pamplet inside the bottle is very informative about the decline in todays society: "In the 1960's, one slice of bread in the USA contained the full RDA of 0.15mg iodine. The risk for breast cancer was then 1 in 20. Over the last 2 decades, iodine was replaced by bromine in the bread making process. Bromine blocks thyroid function and may interfere with the anticancer effect of iodine on the breast. Now, the risk for breast cancer is 1 in 8 and increasing 1% per year." Anything for the almighty dollar $$ regardless of peoples' health. winona johnson <louisonline2 wrote: Hello Rachel, I had a serious bout with hypothyroidism a 4 years ago. I went from feeling tired all the time to lethargic, and short term memory loss before my

doctor found out that it was not the flu but hypothyroidism. My system had been compromised because I had just had a baby, and we found mold in the vents in my home. My doctor put me on synthroid, I was on it for almost 6 months until I found the right product to help me. I stayed on it and took my herbs and vitamins until I felt better than I did before I was diagnosed and then I stopped taking it, then a year ago I had a physical for life insurance and was told I had no signs of it, after being off medication for 3 years(the nurse insisted on testing me for it, because I had to disclose it to her because it was in my records) The product I use is loaded with iodine which is what is lacking in people with hypothyroid issues. All of their products have iodine, and their products are certified organic sea vegetation. Call them at 800 682-7100 tell them I sent you or give them 9405 and they will give you a discount. The products are guaranteed, so you

have nothing to lose. Best wishes Winona address in an email to them:http://www.health./subs_invite _________

Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Shopping

Guest guest

I know that iodine helps. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and began a regimen of Magnascent (10 drops per day) in water each morning. I went in for tests and they told me my thyroid was normal.

David

In a message dated 6/27/2008 3:10:13 P.M. Central Daylight Time, tita_mel writes:

Does anyone know if oleander soup or colloidal silver well help with hypothyroidism?Thanks. MellyGas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

I would give a wild guess that yes, oleander soup would help with

hypothyroidism. And also colloidal silver. It surely cannot hurt. I

take both of these. Again, I invite anybody that has absolute

knowledge in these areas to chime in. Actually, I recommend that

everybody take these supplements if for no other reason, as a

preventative and to strengthen your immune system.

However, what I did for my hypothyroidism was to change my diet to all

natural, no processed foods, no sugar, no fast foods, etc. No sodas,

regular or diet, no sweeteners, Use sea salt, and I take iodine

supplementation. Of course, a daily supplement base is essential.

Trace minerals of which is on top of the list.

Your diet should include apricots, dates, egg yolks, molasses,

parsley, potatoes, prunes, raw seeds, and grains, fish and chicken.

Even though broccoli and spinach are highly recommended foods to avoid

certain health conditions, watch out with regard to thyroid function.

Eat sparingly or if you notice that you are having symptoms, simply

omit. Other foods to use sparingly or omit are cabbage, kale, mustard

greens, peaches, pears, radishes, and turnips.

If you are taking Synthroid or any other type of thryroid medication,

I am not sure if adding iodine supplementation to your daily regime is

advisable. I would consult a health practitioner.

I am convinced that hypothyroidism is rampant because of the low

quality of our food supply. I run into too many people with this

condition.

I will share that I had hypothyroidism for 20 years and since changing

my lifestyle to one of total health, a feat accomplished gradually

over a three year period, I have never felt better. Hypothyroidism

does not have to be a life sentence.

Hugs,

oleander soup , " milagros almanzor "

<tita_mel wrote:

>

> Does anyone know if oleander soup or colloidal silver well help with

> hypothyroidism?

>

> Thanks.

>

> Melly

>

Guest guest

I just ordered Home Cure's thyadine as of the 14 possable things hypothyrodism problems, I have 13 . More info on their website.

www.HomeCure.com

I'll post info as soon as i get my order as it promises actual results the first time it is taken.

Bill

-

May

oleander soup

2008-06-27 14:09

Re: Hypothyroidism

I would give a wild guess that yes, oleander soup would help with hypothyroidism. And also colloidal silver. It surely cannot hurt. I take both of these. Again, I invite anybody that has absolute knowledge in these areas to chime in. Actually, I recommend that everybody take these supplements if for no other reason, as a preventative and to strengthen your immune system. However, what I did for my hypothyroidism was to change my diet to all natural, no processed foods, no sugar, no fast foods, etc. No sodas, regular or diet, no sweeteners, Use sea salt, and I take iodine supplementation. Of course, a daily supplement base is essential. Trace minerals of which is on top of the list.Your diet should include apricots, dates, egg yolks, molasses, parsley, potatoes, prunes, raw seeds, and grains, fish and chicken.Even though broccoli and spinach are highly recommended foods to avoid certain health conditions, watch out with regard to thyroid function. Eat sparingly or if you notice that you are having symptoms, simply omit. Other foods to use sparingly or omit are cabbage, kale, mustard greens, peaches, pears, radishes, and turnips.If you are taking Synthroid or any other type of thryroid medication, I am not sure if adding iodine supplementation to your daily regime is advisable. I would consult a health practitioner.I am convinced that hypothyroidism is rampant because of the low quality of our food supply. I run into too many people with this condition.I will share that I had hypothyroidism for 20 years and since changing my lifestyle to one of total health, a feat accomplished gradually over a three year period, I have never felt better. Hypothyroidism does not have to be a life sentence.Hugs, oleander soup , "milagros almanzor" <tita_mel wrote:>> Does anyone know if oleander soup or colloidal silver well help with > hypothyroidism?> > Thanks. > > Melly>

Guest guest

Jumping in here after reading all day (just joined yesterday) with a ? or 2. While not officially diagnosed with hypothyroidism (TSH was within specs a couple of years ago, and that's as far as I could get with MD), I am convinced I at least was. Chiropractor agreed and suggested Iodoral after skin patch liquid iodine kept disappearing within a few hours. Have be taking the Iodoral since and it has definitely helped (no more totally dead-in-the-water days with no other explanation, not as sensitive to cold, not losing as much head hair--but still a fair amount, etc. However I continue to have receding hair line on legs, which I had thought might be related as well.).

Anyway, just last couple of days have been researching a little on other forms of supplemental Iodine and would appreciate whatever info you might have to contribute to the cause.

Also, just recently read about the cabbage family veggies, as well, but also read that if cooked they are alright thyroidwise. Know anything about that?

Thanks & Blessings,

Judy--- On Fri, 6/27/08, May <luellamay129 wrote:

May <luellamay129 Re: Hypothyroidismoleander soup Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:09 PM

I would give a wild guess that yes, oleander soup would help with hypothyroidism. And also colloidal silver. It surely cannot hurt. I take both of these. Again, I invite anybody that has absolute knowledge in these areas to chime in. Actually, I recommend that everybody take these supplements if for no other reason, as a preventative and to strengthen your immune system. However, what I did for my hypothyroidism was to change my diet to all natural, no processed foods, no sugar, no fast foods, etc. No sodas, regular or diet, no sweeteners, Use sea salt, and I take iodine supplementation. Of course, a daily supplement base is essential. Trace minerals of which is on top of the list.Your diet should include apricots, dates, egg yolks, molasses, parsley, potatoes, prunes, raw seeds, and grains, fish and chicken.Even though broccoli and spinach are highly recommended foods to avoid

certain health conditions, watch out with regard to thyroid function. Eat sparingly or if you notice that you are having symptoms, simply omit. Other foods to use sparingly or omit are cabbage, kale, mustard greens, peaches, pears, radishes, and turnips.If you are taking Synthroid or any other type of thryroid medication, I am not sure if adding iodine supplementation to your daily regime is advisable. I would consult a health practitioner.I am convinced that hypothyroidism is rampant because of the low quality of our food supply. I run into too many people with this condition.I will share that I had hypothyroidism for 20 years and since changing my lifestyle to one of total health, a feat accomplished gradually over a three year period, I have never felt better. Hypothyroidism does not have to be a life sentence.Hugs, oleander soup, "milagros almanzor" <tita_mel@.. .> wrote:>> Does anyone know if oleander soup or colloidal silver well help with > hypothyroidism?> > Thanks. > > Melly>

Guest guest

Bill,

Really? How interesting. Let me know.

Hugs,

oleander soup , " Bill " <w.wilkins wrote:

>

> ,

> I just ordered Home Cure's thyadine as of the 14 possable things

hypothyrodism problems, I have 13 . More info on their website.

> www.HomeCure.com

> I'll post info as soon as i get my order as it promises actual

results the first time it is taken.

> Bill

> -

> May

> oleander soup

> 2008-06-27 14:09

> Re: Hypothyroidism

>

>

> I would give a wild guess that yes, oleander soup would help with

> hypothyroidism. And also colloidal silver. It surely cannot hurt.

I

> take both of these. Again, I invite anybody that has absolute

> knowledge in these areas to chime in. Actually, I recommend that

> everybody take these supplements if for no other reason, as a

> preventative and to strengthen your immune system.

>

> However, what I did for my hypothyroidism was to change my diet

to all

> natural, no processed foods, no sugar, no fast foods, etc. No

sodas,

> regular or diet, no sweeteners, Use sea salt, and I take iodine

> supplementation. Of course, a daily supplement base is essential.

> Trace minerals of which is on top of the list.

>

> Your diet should include apricots, dates, egg yolks, molasses,

> parsley, potatoes, prunes, raw seeds, and grains, fish and

chicken.

>

> Even though broccoli and spinach are highly recommended foods to

avoid

> certain health conditions, watch out with regard to thyroid

function.

> Eat sparingly or if you notice that you are having symptoms,

simply

> omit. Other foods to use sparingly or omit are cabbage, kale,

mustard

> greens, peaches, pears, radishes, and turnips.

>

> If you are taking Synthroid or any other type of thryroid

medication,

> I am not sure if adding iodine supplementation to your daily

regime is

> advisable. I would consult a health practitioner.

>

> I am convinced that hypothyroidism is rampant because of the low

> quality of our food supply. I run into too many people with this

> condition.

>

> I will share that I had hypothyroidism for 20 years and since

changing

> my lifestyle to one of total health, a feat accomplished

gradually

> over a three year period, I have never felt better.

Hypothyroidism

> does not have to be a life sentence.

>

> Hugs,

>

>

> oleander soup , " milagros almanzor "

> <tita_mel@> wrote:

> >

> > Does anyone know if oleander soup or colloidal silver well help

with

> > hypothyroidism?

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

> > Melly

> >

>

Guest guest

Bill,

Is the list of 14 things on HomeCure's site? If so, I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Judy--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Bill <w.wilkins wrote:

Bill <w.wilkinsRe: Re: Hypothyroidismoleander soup Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:20 PM

I just ordered Home Cure's thyadine as of the 14 possable things hypothyrodism problems, I have 13 . More info on their website.

www.HomeCure. com

I'll post info as soon as i get my order as it promises actual results the first time it is taken.

Bill

-

May

oleander soup

2008-06-27 14:09

Re: Hypothyroidism

I would give a wild guess that yes, oleander soup would help with hypothyroidism. And also colloidal silver. It surely cannot hurt. I take both of these. Again, I invite anybody that has absolute knowledge in these areas to chime in. Actually, I recommend that everybody take these supplements if for no other reason, as a preventative and to strengthen your immune system. However, what I did for my hypothyroidism was to change my diet to all natural, no processed foods, no sugar, no fast foods, etc. No sodas, regular or diet, no sweeteners, Use sea salt, and I take iodine supplementation. Of course, a daily supplement base is essential. Trace minerals of which is on top of the list.Your diet should include apricots, dates, egg yolks, molasses, parsley, potatoes, prunes, raw seeds, and grains, fish and chicken.Even though broccoli and spinach are highly recommended foods to avoid

certain health conditions, watch out with regard to thyroid function. Eat sparingly or if you notice that you are having symptoms, simply omit. Other foods to use sparingly or omit are cabbage, kale, mustard greens, peaches, pears, radishes, and turnips.If you are taking Synthroid or any other type of thryroid medication, I am not sure if adding iodine supplementation to your daily regime is advisable. I would consult a health practitioner.I am convinced that hypothyroidism is rampant because of the low quality of our food supply. I run into too many people with this condition.I will share that I had hypothyroidism for 20 years and since changing my lifestyle to one of total health, a feat accomplished gradually over a three year period, I have never felt better. Hypothyroidism does not have to be a life sentence.Hugs, oleander soup, "milagros almanzor" <tita_mel@.. .> wrote:>> Does anyone know if oleander soup or colloidal silver well help with > hypothyroidism?> > Thanks. > > Melly>

Guest guest

My husband and I also did the skin test recently with the iodine disappearing after just a few hours and our doctor (alternative here in So. Calif) put us on i-THROID from RLC labs in Tempe, AZ. 877-797-7997.

1 capsule twice a day for 2 weeks and then 2 capsules twice a day. I notice a big difference in my hair, nails, energy level & mental capacity. I am also recently began taking CS daily plus IP6 after reading and receiving information from Tony plus I have been taking several other supplements for a long time

I to am chicken to make the soup also so just placed my order with Marc.Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

Hi Melly

Here is a link about the

iodinehttp://www.health-science-spirit.com/iodine.html

also do this test to check your thyroid

http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/conditionhypothyroid/702/

hope this helps you

Jimmy

-- In oleander soup , Judith Marg <judithmarg wrote:

>

> Jumping in here after reading all day (just joined yesterday) with a

? or 2.  While not officially diagnosed with hypothyroidism (TSH was

within specs a couple of years ago, and that's as far as I could get

with MD), I am convinced I at least was. Chiropractor agreed and

suggested Iodoral after skin patch liquid iodine kept disappearing

within a few hours.  Have be taking the Iodoral since and it has

definitely helped (no more totally dead-in-the-water days with no

other explanation, not as sensitive to cold, not losing as much head

hair--but still a fair amount, etc. However I continue to have

receding hair line on legs, which I had thought might be related as

well.).

>  

> Anyway, just last couple of days have been researching a little on

other forms of supplemental Iodine and would appreciate whatever info

you might have to contribute to the cause.

>  

> Also, just recently read about the cabbage family veggies, as well,

but also read that if cooked they are alright thyroidwise.  Know

anything about that?

>  

> Thanks & Blessings,

> Judy

>

> --- On Fri, 6/27/08, May <luellamay129 wrote:

>

> May <luellamay129

> oleander soup

> Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:09 PM

> hypothyroidism. And also colloidal silver. It surely cannot hurt. I

>

> However, what I did for my hypothyroidism was to change my diet to all

> natural, no processed foods, no sugar, no fast foods, etc. No sodas,

>

> parsley, potatoes, prunes, raw seeds, and grains, fish and chicken.

>

> Even though broccoli and spinach are highly recommended foods to avoid

> certain health conditions, watch out with regard to thyroid function.

> Eat sparingly or if you notice that you are having symptoms, simply

> omit. Other foods to use sparingly or omit are cabbage, kale, mustard

>

> If you are taking Synthroid or any other type of thryroid medication,

> I am not sure if adding iodine supplementation to your daily regime is

>

> condition.

>

> I will share that I had hypothyroidism for 20 years and since changing

> my lifestyle to one of total health, a feat accomplished gradually

> over a three year period, I have never felt better. Hypothyroidism

>

> Hugs,

>

>

> oleander soup, " milagros almanzor "

> <tita_mel@ .> wrote:

> >

> > Does anyone know if oleander soup or colloidal silver well help with

> > hypothyroidism?

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

> > Melly

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Judith, and welcome to the group.

Unfortunately, the tests for hypothyroidism that MD's give are not

altogether accurate and there are many who suffer from this condition

that have not been correctly diagnosed. I also take Iodoral and it has

done wonders for me. The old adage comes to mind, " If it ain't broke,

don't fix it.

With regard to the veggies listed in my prior post, I believe that

cooking them is preferred to eating them raw. However, I also eat these

in moderation, even raw at times, and I do not believe I have had any

adverse effects. This is just something to keep in mind while

formulating a health plan.

Hugs,

oleander soup , Judith Marg <judithmarg wrote:

>

> Jumping in here after reading all day (just joined yesterday) with a ?

or 2. While not officially diagnosed with hypothyroidism (TSH was

within specs a couple of years ago, and that's as far as I could get

with MD), I am convinced I at least was. Chiropractor agreed and

suggested Iodoral after skin patch liquid iodine kept disappearing

within a few hours. Have be taking the Iodoral since and it has

definitely helped (no more totally dead-in-the-water days with no other

explanation, not as sensitive to cold, not losing as much head hair--but

still a fair amount, etc. However I continue to have receding hair line

on legs, which I had thought might be related as well.).

>

> Anyway, just last couple of days have been researching a little on

other forms of supplemental Iodine and would appreciate whatever info

you might have to contribute to the cause.

>

> Also, just recently read about the cabbage family veggies, as well,

but also read that if cooked they are alright thyroidwise. Know

anything about that?

>

> Thanks & Blessings,

> Judy

>

> --- On Fri, 6/27/08, May luellamay129 wrote:

>

> May luellamay129

> oleander soup

> Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:09 PM

> hypothyroidism. And also colloidal silver. It surely cannot hurt. I

>

> However, what I did for my hypothyroidism was to change my diet to all

> natural, no processed foods, no sugar, no fast foods, etc. No sodas,

>

> parsley, potatoes, prunes, raw seeds, and grains, fish and chicken.

>

> Even though broccoli and spinach are highly recommended foods to avoid

> certain health conditions, watch out with regard to thyroid function.

> Eat sparingly or if you notice that you are having symptoms, simply

> omit. Other foods to use sparingly or omit are cabbage, kale, mustard

>

> If you are taking Synthroid or any other type of thryroid medication,

> I am not sure if adding iodine supplementation to your daily regime is

>

> condition.

>

> I will share that I had hypothyroidism for 20 years and since changing

> my lifestyle to one of total health, a feat accomplished gradually

> over a three year period, I have never felt better. Hypothyroidism

>

> Hugs,

>

>

> oleander soup, " milagros almanzor "

> tita_mel@ .> wrote:

> >

> > Does anyone know if oleander soup or colloidal silver well help with

> > hypothyroidism?

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

> > Melly

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Judy,

Blood tests are often not accurate, but, there is also another answer when the tests come back normal. Wilson's low temperature syndrome. This is easy to determine, by taking your temp 3 times per day, every 3 hours and seeing if you fall below normal on a regular basis. There are also more than 60 symptoms for low thyroid, not just 14.

http://www.wilsonsthyroidsyndrome.com/

This is what I have, but, my naturepath never put me on the protocol, just took T3 for awhile. This helped, but, with adrenals and estrogen dominant, my dr. wasn't able to get things working properly and I ran out of money and am trying things myself with my chiro.

The iodoral caused me to break out over my stomach, which has to do with the bromides etc. Not clear on all the details. Poor memory and foggy thinking are some of my worst symptoms.

There are several good books. I think Dr. Shames is pretty good.

Good luck.

Nonieoleander soup , Judith Marg <judithmarg wrote:>> Jumping in here after reading all day (just joined yesterday) with a ?or 2. While not officially diagnosed with hypothyroidism (TSH waswithin specs a couple of years ago, and that's as far as I could getwith MD), I am convinced I at least was. Chiropractor agreed andsuggested Iodoral after skin patch liquid iodine kept disappearingwithin a few hours. Have be taking the Iodoral since and it hasdefinitely helped (no more totally dead-in-the-water days with no otherexplanation, not as sensitive to cold, not losing as much head hair--butstill a fair amount, etc. However I continue to have receding hair lineon legs, which I had thought might be related as well.).>> Anyway, just last couple of days have been researching a little onother forms of supplemental Iodine and would appreciate whatever infoyou might have to contribute to the cause.>>> Thanks & Blessings,> Judy>