herbal remedies

Herbal Remedies - Help

I was wondering if someone could help me. I went to my

health/organic store here in town and the lady there has me starting

on bentonite clay w/ full glass of water, vit B liquid cats paw tea

and I'm taking the panther piss. For about 4 or 5 days now I've

noticed, even though I have a strong urge to urinate, I don't void

much. And I have a burning sensation with the feeling that I still

need to void, plus a lot of pain coniuously in the last few days.

It's really gotten worse today. Could someone tell me what I'm

doing wrong or what I could do to ease the pain I'm feeling? I'm

going to stay online for a while in the hopes that someone messages

me. I'm afraid the pain is getting so bad I may have to go to the

emergency room. It's really scaring me.

Thank you

Robyn

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

remedy.

3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to

prescribe for your own health.

We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as

they behave themselves.

Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person

following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from

list members, you are agreeing to

be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability.

Dr. Ian Shillington

Doctor of Naturopathy

Dr.IanShillington

Guest guest

My mom in her teenage years got her chronic urinary tract

infections taken care of by uva ursi. One cup was enough for her

and she's been free of them since. Usually folks need more than one

cup, I suspect the person who gave to her as an elder in the church

added some prayer juice to it. That person was the daughter of an

old style pharmicists who used to gather herbs for her father.

Hope it clears up for you equally as fast whatever method

you use.

>

> Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any

natural

> remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own

physician and to

> prescribe for your own health.

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here

as long as

> they behave themselves.

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and

any person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own

risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or

products from

> list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner

and

> members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington@G...

>

Guest guest

To me, it sounds like you have developed a bad bladder infection I'd get some cranberry juice and get it down me as fast as I could. When I think I am getting a bladder infection, I drink about a quart of cranberry juice in half a day. I only use Welches or one that has cranberries as the first ingredient. If I don't feel well in that half day, I drink another quart.

Good luck.

Kay

majaraet [majaraet]Saturday, August 14, 2004 6:52 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - HelpI was wondering if someone could help me. I went to my health/organic store here in town and the lady there has me starting on bentonite clay w/ full glass of water, vit B liquid cats paw tea and I'm taking the panther piss. For about 4 or 5 days now I've noticed, even though I have a strong urge to urinate, I don't void much. And I have a burning sensation with the feeling that I still need to void, plus a lot of pain coniuously in the last few days. It's really gotten worse today. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I could do to ease the pain I'm feeling? I'm going to stay online for a while in the hopes that someone messages me. I'm afraid the pain is getting so bad I may have to go to the emergency room. It's really scaring me.Thank youRobynFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

sounds like a standard issue UTI or Urinary Tract Infection. Those can develop into a bladder infection. Cranberry juice will fix it, if that is indeed the culprit.

majaraet [majaraet] Saturday, August 14, 2004 5:52 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - HelpI was wondering if someone could help me. I went to my health/organic store here in town and the lady there has me starting on bentonite clay w/ full glass of water, vit B liquid cats paw tea and I'm taking the panther piss. For about 4 or 5 days now I've noticed, even though I have a strong urge to urinate, I don't void much. And I have a burning sensation with the feeling that I still need to void, plus a lot of pain coniuously in the last few days. It's really gotten worse today. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I could do to ease the pain I'm feeling? I'm going to stay online for a while in the hopes that someone messages me. I'm afraid the pain is getting so bad I may have to go to the emergency room. It's really scaring me.Thank youRobynFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

---Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.737 / Virus Database: 491 - Release 8/11/2004

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.737 / Virus Database: 491 - Release 8/11/2004

Guest guest

I will defer to the experts, but my first feelings is that maybe you have a urinary tract infection, or a bladder infection, on top of all else you are doing. If this is the case, which I am not saying it is, corn silk tea is absolutely fantastic for it. My wife uses it whenever she gets one, and the symptoms are just as you describe.

Not sure if I helped, but look forward to hearing a positive report from you soon!!!

Johnmajaraet <majaraet wrote:

I was wondering if someone could help me. I went to my health/organic store here in town and the lady there has me starting on bentonite clay w/ full glass of water, vit B liquid cats paw tea and I'm taking the panther piss. For about 4 or 5 days now I've noticed, even though I have a strong urge to urinate, I don't void much. And I have a burning sensation with the feeling that I still need to void, plus a lot of pain coniuously in the last few days. It's really gotten worse today. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I could do to ease the pain I'm feeling? I'm going to stay online for a while in the hopes that someone messages me. I'm afraid the pain is getting so bad I may have to go to the emergency room. It's really scaring me.Thank

youRobyn

Guest guest

http://www.seedman.com/limited.htm#261

Hope this helps.

Michelle

herbal remedies , Marc Roth <marcroth2022>

wrote:

> Hi everybody

>

> I'm trying to find Rudraksha seeds. Does enybody knows where to

find them? (besides India). I live in Florida and I try with no

success. Any info or links will be very much appreciated.

> Thank you

> Marc

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Michelle...

Thank you very much. That website is awesome. Just what I needed.

Marc

michelle <growgirl1 wrote:

http://www.seedman.com/limited.htm#261Hope this helps.Michelleherbal remedies , Marc Roth <marcroth2022> wrote:> Hi everybody> > I'm trying to find Rudraksha seeds. Does enybody knows where to find them? (besides India). I live in Florida and I try with no success. Any info or links will be very much appreciated.> Thank you> Marc> > > > > > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural

methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Concerning your friend with the urinary problem: Years ago I

had a similar problem ( painful, frequent, tinge of blood ) and

found relief by drinking goldenseal tea. It tastes bitter, but the

results were wonderful. I believe goldenseal is available in

capsules though, and might be easier to take than the bitter tea

because it really tasted yucky. Hope this helps your friend.

Guest guest

There is a Native American remedy for Urinary Tract Infections, it's very simple and has almost no taste.

If you can find Blueberry Leaf Tea in either tea bags or loose herb. Use one tea bag ( if loose herb, use 1 tsp. per cup.) make 2 cups of tea, drink them both back to back, then another cup before bed. Next day 1 cup in the morning and one in the evening for the next 2 days, on day 4 drink one cup whenever you want, and continue this until the infection is gone. It's remarkable that it works, but I believe it is in the Uva Ursi family. Uva Ursi and Pippsisewa also are great for urinary tract infections. I have had great success in getting people to use the Blue Berry Tea, one lady had had her infection for 3 months and no relief from anything she had taken, she came back in a week and was so excited that it had healed the problem.

Like I said it is simple and to the point.

The message given to me was: "if you drink 1 cup of this a day you will never have diabetes". Fact? I don't know, I just know this usually works and quickly, it also takes away the pain.

Hope this helps.

Lynn

-

serenitystx

herbal remedies

Saturday, May 21, 2005 7:44 AM

Herbal Remedies - Re: Help

Concerning your friend with the urinary problem: Years ago I had a similar problem ( painful, frequent, tinge of blood ) and found relief by drinking goldenseal tea. It tastes bitter, but the results were wonderful. I believe goldenseal is available in capsules though, and might be easier to take than the bitter tea because it really tasted yucky. Hope this helps your friend.Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

try putting real apple cider vinegar on it with some cotton pads or balls. Braggs and Spectrum has the mother of ACV. You can also use aloe vera gel after applying this.

I do not need to use deoderant anymore, since I have been taking broken cell Chlorella . I do not have the body odors anymore. All I need now after my shower is Emu Oil, which has healing properties and keeps your skin very nice.

Guest guest

I wouldn't think you need an anti-biotic. Doesn't sound like an

infection, rather an alergy, maybe to the lavender?

Tea tree can be very drying.

Corn starch is very soothing for a rash.

~mk

, bungalojil@a...

wrote:

> I have been trying a natural underarm deodorant from earth

science...tea tree

> lavender...trying to get away from the convention stuff. I ended up

with a

> horrible itching rash under both arms that has been there a week

now. I spray

> colloidal silver on (no under arm odor using it...amazing). I hate

to think i

> have to get an antibiotic to clear it up....any suggestions?

>

Guest guest

I don't have any suggestions about the rash, however, congrats to you

for giving up antiperspirants. Between the aluminum in our toothpaste,

our deodorant AND cookware - we're getting too much these days.

I gave up deodorant/antiperspirant over two years ago. I think you'll

find that you smell better using absolutely nothing and making a few

minor diet changes. We NEED to sweat....it releases all those toxins.

Once you give it up - it only takes a week or two to get rid of the

toxins inside. If you find that you need something occasionally, you

can use a cotton ball and either rubbing alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide.

It sounds like it would hurt but it doesn't.

My .02 and hang in there....

Anna

On Oct 2, 2005, at 10:44 PM, wrote:

> I have been trying to find a product to replace conventional underarm

> deodorants. I tried an all natural stick deodorant from earth

> science...tea tree

> lavender and I have a horrible rash under both my arms now...been

> there a week, I

> have only sprayed colloidal silver on. It itches so much. I hate to

> think of

> getting an antibiotic to clear it up.....any suggestions?

>

Peace - Anna

" What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters

compared to what lies within us. And when we bring what is within out

into the world, miracles happen. "

-- Henry David Thoreau

Guest guest

AIDSOverviewAIDS (Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome) is an autoimmune disease that can be accompanied by a wide range of other symptoms and opportunistic infections. When any of these opportunistic infections include a positive diagnosis of the HIV virus, a patient is said to have AIDS. AIDS is controversial, in this respect, because of how widely AIDS symptoms can vary, both in terms of how it manifests around the globe, and also how it affects different risk groups.In the United States and Europe, the most common characteristics of AIDS are Kaposi's sarcoma (a type of cancer), pneumocystis pneumonia, candidiasis, and mycobacterial infections such as tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis (a disease caused by protozoa that damages the central nervous system, eyes, and internal organs), cytomegalovirus, and the herpes virus. Other symptoms often associated with AIDS include diarrhea, weight loss, night sweats, fevers, rashes, and swollen lymph glands.The Problem with Defining AIDS: In January 1993, the original defining criteria for AIDS was changed by researchers at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prior to that time, to be diagnosed with AIDS, patients had to exhibit one or more of 25 symptoms listed by the CDC, and also be HIV-positive. In 1993, the CDC added three new conditions to this list—cancer of the cervix, bacterial pneumonia, and tuberculosis—which, when accompanied by HIV, is now considered to be AIDS. The effect of this decision dramatically and, some claim, artificially inflated the statistics of people who have AIDS. In the U.S. alone, the figures immediately rose from 250,000 to 400,000, causing noted epidemiologist, Gordon Stewart, M.D. of England to ask, "Will any woman with cervicitis, any man with urethritis, prostatitis, genitourinary cancer or any cancer, or perhaps severe infection, or any other unspecified, wasting or multiple disease, who happens to be HIV-positive, be diagnosed and registered as having AIDS and treated for HIV disease just because those in the business can expand their domain across any diagnostic code and scruple?"Adding to the problem of defining AIDS are the stark differences between the groups said to be most at risks for contracting AIDS. For example, Kaposi's sarcoma is 20 times more common in gay men with AIDS than in all other American AIDS patients. By contrast, tuberculosis (TB) is the primary AIDS symptoms among intravenous drug users. In Africa, AIDS is not categorized according to risk groups because it seems to evenly occur among the population and between the sexes. AIDS symptoms among Africans are chiefly diarrhea, wasting, fever, and persistent cough. All of these symptoms have been quite common in Africa for many decades, well before AIDS began to be defined, and are also the primary symptoms of most other tropical diseases.Because of such discrepancies, much confusion and dissent remain about what AIDS really is and even whether it can accurately be classified as a distinct disease. The common factor in all the symptoms and disease conditions associated with AIDS is HIV. If patients with these symptoms and conditions test positive for HIV, they are said to have AIDS. If they test HIV-negative, they are said to be AIDS-free even if they have the same symptoms and other disease conditions as HIV+ patients. This has led to a kind of diagnostic discrepancy that is not found for any other type of disease. Further compounding the problem is the fact that some scientists, researchers, physicians, and other health care practitioners dispute whether or not HIV even causes AIDS, a question that is considered heretical by the AIDS establishment, which focuses all of its efforts in developing drugs and vaccines that target and destroy the HIV virus. Critics of this approach point out that such drugs and vaccines are in themselves highly toxic and may in fact be causing many of the symptoms associated with AIDS. Rather than focusing on HIV, these dissenting health experts argue, the focus should be instead on educating people about risk factors that are common among AIDS patients, such as recreational and pharmaceutical drugs, unprotected sex, exposure to bacterial infections, and, especially in Africa and other Third World countries, malnutrition, dysentery and contaminated drinking water. The HIV Debate: Although the AIDS establishment insists that HIV is the sole or primary cause of AIDS, there is no clear cut scientific evidence that this is actually so. Although most people with AIDS also test positive for HIV, that in and of itself is not proof that HIV actually is the cause of AIDS. Critics of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis argue that the evidence that HIV causes AIDS remains tenuous and circumstantial, at best. One of the main critics of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis is molecular biologist Peter Duesberg, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology at the University of California at Berkeley. In 1987, Dr. Duesberg rejected the HIV=AIDS hypothesis in the journal Cancer Research. Dr. Duesberg is a world-renowned scientist and long-standing member of the National Academy of Sciences, and one of the world's foremost experts on retroviruses - a class of viruses to which HIV belongs. After reviewing every paper on HIV and AIDS published up until that time, Dr. Duesberg concluded that HIV was a "harmless," latent, inactive virus, incapable of infecting more than a few immune cells. Based on his research, Dr. Duesberg even said that he "wouldn't mind being injected with it." As a result of his published paper and openly espoused views, Dr. Duesberg suddenly found himself cut off from every source of research funding that he applied for. Prior to his rejection of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis, by contrast, he received grant money for every researcher project to which he applied. In essence, the AIDS establishment has done all that it can to marginalize Dr. Duesberg's research about HIV and AIDS by cutting off his livelihood as a once prominent scientific researcher. Despite their attempts, however, Dr. Duesberg's views continue to attract the attention of and be accepted by growing numbers of other well-respected scientists, researchers, and physicians.Adding to Dr. Duesberg's views is the fact that growing numbers of AIDS patients with severe immune suppression, who test negative for HIV, are being reported. According to Dr. Duesberg, there may be as many as 5,000 such cases. A basic tenet of diagnostic medicine, known as Koch's Postulate, states that, for a causative factor (such as a virus, bacterium, or parasite) to be considered a definite cause of a disease, it has to be clearly present in all cases of the disease. Clearly, this is not the case with HIV in relationship to all AIDS patients.But perhaps the most striking point of Dr. Duesberg's rejection of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis is that HIV demonstrates very little direct cell-killing activity. In fact, when Dr. Duesberg viewed HIV under a microscope, amidst lymphocytes (cells important in the creation of antibodies), the virus didn't move at all and the cells remained perfectly intact despite being in its presence. According to Dr. Duesberg, this was normal and to be expected because, "Retroviruses are not typically cytocidal, that is, they do not kill cells." But AIDS establishment counters that direct cell killing is not necessary for the acceptance of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis, claiming that HIV kills cells by one of several highly complex indirect mechanisms. Dr. Duesberg contests that there is no evidence for any of these elaborate mechanisms and that HIV is far too simple genetically to perform these feats. Harvey Bialy, M.D., another well-respected researcher who rejects the HIV=AIDS hypothesis, agrees with Dr. Duesberg, pointing out that, "HIV is an ordinary retrovirus. It only contains a very small piece of genetic information. There's no way it can do all these elaborate things they say it does."Another problem with the HIV=AIDS hypothesis are the HIV tests themselves. The most common methods of testing for HIV are the Western Blot and ELISA (enzyme-linked immunoserological assay) tests, both of which measure antibodies to HIV, not the HIV virus itself, and both of which can be inaccurate. In the case of the ELISA test, HIV antibodies are often detected in patients who in actuality are not infected by the virus, usually as a result of a stress response. As for the Western Blot test, it is not standardized, meaning that a positive HIV test in one country would not necessarily be considered positive in another country. In addition, antibodies to a variety of viruses, bacteria, and other antigens can cross-react with antigens in the tests potentially leading to false-positive test results. Other conditions that can produce false-positive results are immunizations, herpes, hepatitis, tuberculosis, malaria, parasites, alcoholism and liver disease, pregnancy, and infection with mycobacterium or yeasts.Finally, though many people do become infected with HIV, a great deal of evidence indicates that a healthy immune system can keep it from causing damage. As a result, even holistic practitioners who do not reject the HIV=AIDS hypothesis outright, still focus their efforts on boosting the immune system rather than seeking to destroy HIV with drugs that can cause harmful side-effects, such as the drugs recommended by the AIDS establishment.Symptoms of AIDSFull-blown AIDS is usually accompanied by a steady decline in CD4 immune cells, which in a state of health, should be between 900 and 1,600, but in AIDS patients can drop to as low as zero. Another factor usually associated with AIDS is a drop in T4 cells, which are also integral to proper immune function. The drop in CD4 and T4 cells is then usually followed by any one or more of 28 symptoms associated with AIDS, including Kaposi's sarcoma, pneumocystis pneumonia, candidiasis, tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, the herpes virus, diarrhea, weight loss, night sweats, fevers, rashes, swollen lymph glands, and certain kinds of cancer.Causes of AIDSAlthough the medical establishment insists that AIDS is caused by the HIV virus, holistic health care practitioners realize that other factors are equal, and perhaps more important in terms of how AIDS is caused. Such factors include the use of illegal drugs, especially stimulants such as amyl nitrates ("poppers") and injected heroin (as well as the sharing of unclean needles by drug users); the chronic use of pharmaceutical drugs, including antibiotics, which destroy healthy flora in the gastrointestinal tract, thereby setting the stage for the invasion and proliferation of harmful microorganisms; poor or malnutrition; contaminated vaccines for diseases such as hepatitis B; tainted blood transfusions; contaminated drinking water; exposure to toxic pollutants; and chronic states of unhealthy emotions, such as stress, fear and despair.The AIDS drug AZT and, to a lesser extent, protease inhibitors, have also been known to cause AIDS-like symptoms. In addition to its known ability to severely suppress immunity, AZT has also been shown to suppress important health-related tasks of bone marrow, thereby causing anemia, neutropenia (abnormally small number of neutrophils in blood, a white blood cell that protects against infection) and leukopenia (abnormal decrease in white blood corpuscles) in up to half of all people who use the drug. Other side effects of AZT include muscle wasting, extreme nausea, acute hepatitis, headaches, insomnia, dementia, seizures, and the appearance of cancerous lymphomas, all of which are also symptoms associated with AIDS itself.As for protease inhibitors, although they are not as toxic as AZT, they too, are not without side effects. Furthermore, in order to be effective, they need to be taken in high doses, which can increase their toxicity over time. The body quickly develops resistance to protease inhibitors, as well, eventually making them ineffective. Some of the severe side effects known to be caused by protease inhibitors include chronic diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, headaches, and fever.

Natural CuresWhile conventional AIDS treatment focuses almost entirely on targeting and eliminating HIV, holistic health care practitioner focus instead on restoring health by addressing dietary and nutritional deficiencies, boosting immune function, and addressing unhealthy lifestyle factors and unresolved psychological issues of their AIDS patients. As a result, many long-term AIDS and HIV survivors continue to experience good health by working with alternative physicians, even when they still test positive for HIV. Acupuncture: Acupuncture has been shown to be an effective and vital tool for the treatment of HIV infection and AIDS, particularly when used in conjunction with other alternative therapies. Studies indicate that acupuncture helps to increase immune function and T-cell production, and can also help ease many of the symptoms related to HIV infection and AIDS. Among the benefits commonly achieved by acupuncture for AIDS patients are reduction in fatigue, abnormal sweating, diarrhea, and acute skin reactions, typically after only 4-6 acupuncture treatments. Many AIDS patients also report an improved sense of well-being and, in some cases, healthy weight gain and improved stamina, allowing them to resume normal daily activities.Acupuncture has also been shown by numerous clinical studies to increase T-cell counts. According to Michael Smith, M.D., who conducted one of the studies, T-cell ratios in some AIDS patients rose dramatically over a 2-3 month period due to acupuncture alone. In one such study, involving 200 patients with AIDS, acupuncture was also found to be capable of reducing levels of secondary opportunistic infections. Another study, conducted at Lincoln Memorial Hospital in New York City, 20 out of 27 people with AIDS who received acupuncture treatments experienced a reduction in their fatigue symptoms, night sweats, and diarrhea after 1-3 weeks. Many of the patients also experienced healthy weight gain. In another study, 15 patients who received regular treatment at Somerville Centre, near Boston experienced improvements in their general symptoms and for six of them, acupuncture helped reduce side effects of conventional medical treatment for Kaposi's sarcoma.Jay Holder, M.D., D.C., Ph.D. of Miami, Florida, has achieved significant results using acupuncture. He describes the case of a man with AIDS, suffering from Kaposi's sarcoma, and given just 22 months to live. Within three weeks of treatment with acupuncture and Chinese herbs, his T-cell count returned to normal and his lesions disappeared.Aromatherapy: Tea tree oil and garlic oil can both be helpful for improving immune function and for helping to protect against opportunistic infections.Diet: The following dietary guidelines should be followed by all AIDS patients: Eat, organic whole foods with as many essential nutrients and as few additives as possible, concentrating on fresh, organic vegetables, fruits, and proteins (fish and meat). Avoid all processed foods, and eliminate refined carbohydrates (sugars, white flour, pastries), replacing them with complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and beans that are rich in nutrients. Also reduce polyunsaturated and saturated fats and oils, using monounsaturated oils (such as olive oil) and omega-3s (fish oils) instead.Eat smaller portions of food more frequently throughout the day to optimize absorption of nutrients, and try to keep your food intake balanced. The following guidelines are ideal: 65% complex carbohydrates (vegetables, fruits, and grains), 15% protein (fish, yogurt, eggs, and meat), and 20% fat. Also ensure that the fruits and vegetables you eat are clean and free of bacteria and parasites. For best results, steam them lightly before you eat them. Be sure to also screen for and eliminate all foods to which you may be allergic or sensitive, and abstain from all sources of chocolate, caffeine, and alcohol.Candidiasis, or systemic yeast overgrowth, is common among AIDS patients. Therefore, your diet needs to be free of all simple carbohydrates and sugars. You should also regularly consume anti-fungal foods, such as garlic and olive oil, along with specific substances that kill the yeast, such as caprylic acid (a fatty acid) and aloe vera. In addition, cultured raw dairy products such as raw kefir and live low-fat yogurt, as well as probiotic supplements such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria and L. bulgaricus are recommended for their anti-fungal and antibiotic properties.Herbal Medicine: The use of herbal medicines in the treatment of AIDS is widespread. Useful herbs include astragalus, Carnivora (Venus' flytrap), echinacea, garlic, isatis root, licorice, goldenseal, hyssop, and St John's wort. Aloe vera can also be effective. An extract of mannose, one of the sugars in aloe, has been found to inhibit HIV-1 ( strain of the HIV virus). In one study, HIV-1 cells were treated in vitro with the mannose extract. Aloe slowed virus reproduction by as much as 30%, reduced viral load, suppressed the spread of the virus from infected cells, and increased the viability (chance of survival) of infected cells. Researchers found that aloe stimulates the body's immune system, particularly T4 helper cells (white blood cells that activate the immune response to infection).Chinese bitter melon, monolaurin (a component of certain fatty acids), and lentinan (extract of shiitake mushrooms) have also shown dramatic anti-HIV effects, and red clover tops, chaparral, dandelion, sarsparilla, and pau d'arco, taken in combination, can also be helpful. Since the early 1980s, bitter melon fruits and seeds have been tested as an effective therapy for cancer and HIV. At the Amsterdam International Conference on AIDS in 1992, Quingcai Zhang, a Chinese medical doctor and herbalist, presented data of a study he conducted using bitter melon. In Dr. Zhang's study, those who took bitter melon for four months to three years had CD4 counts increase between 33% and 285%. His findings showed that, in most cases, it normalized T4-to-T8 ratios, raised T4 counts over time, and increased energy and sense of well being. Dr. Zhang also noted that bitter melon blocked HIV-infected macrophages (immune cells that recognize and ingest foreign antigens)—something AZT does not do—as well as infected lymphocytes such as CD4 cells.Bitter melon extracts or decoctions can be taken orally or rectally. A rectal retention enema is recommended, because the plant is very bitter and unpleasant to drink and may cause nausea. Using an enema also avoids the breakdown of the bitter melon proteins in the stomach acid, allowing them to instead be absorbed directly into the bloodstream through the large intestine.Homeopathic Growth Factors: Homeopathic growth factors are a type of homeopathic remedy prepared from growth factors, a class of more than 30 protein substances known as polypeptides that regulate cell growth and division, and make possible inter- and intracellular communication as well as cell specialization. They can also transmit signals that trigger events between cells that change the way a cell uses DNA, resulting in appropriate cellular response to external events.The therapeutic use of homeopathic growth factors have been shown to hold promise as a method for reversing the weight loss and immune dysfunction associated with AIDS, according to Barbara Brewitt, Ph.D. Dr.Brewitt has worked with a growth factor solution prepared by genetic engineering that was then prepared as various homeopathic dilutions of the growth factor substances. In a 12-month clinical trial with 30 AIDS patients using the homeopathic growth factors, Dr. Brewitt found that the patients experienced an average weight gain of almost ten pounds, as well as total absence of opportunistic infections. Moreover, the patients' CD4 cell counts either remained stable or only increased slightly, and there was a corresponding decrease in their degree of viral infection.Hyperthermia: Hyperthermia involves artificially creating fever in the body for the purpose of boosting immune function. Hyperthermia can be a highly effective method of eliminating toxins and heavy metals, as well as infectious bacteria and viruses that cannot survive in elevated body temperatures. Research has shown that AIDS is heat-sensitive and will become increasingly inactive as body temperature is raised progressively above normal (98.6 degrees Fahrenheit) for extended periods of time. Additionally, sweating is very cleansing for the body's largest eliminative organ, the skin. Because of its power to detoxify, some holistic practitioners, especially Naturopathic Doctors, make hyperthermia a central feature of their treatment protocol. Hyperthermia is often done occasionally as an immune boosting home treatment, or in conjunction with a specific cleanse. In the case of a more serious condition it is possible to combine hyperthermia with long periods of bed rest as part of a deeper detoxifying protocol. We suggest several at-home hyperthermia treatments. Please seek the advice of your alternative health care practitioner before undergoing these sweat-inducing procedures to make sure they are appropriate for you.*Purified water is essential for any hyperthermia treatment. The section: Remedies for Treating Chlorinated Bath Water, offers clear instructions and recommendations. Massage Therapy: Massage has been shown to provide significant benefits for people with AIDS or HIV. The benefits are physical - improved circulation and drainage of blood and lymph fluid, relaxation of muscles, and improved joint mobility. Benefits are also mental and emotional - reduced stress and a greater sense of ease and well-being. Research shows that massage helps to create a safe environment in which emotions relating to issues such as death, dying, and sadness can emerge to be healed. It can also act as a catalyst that reinforces touching and hugging in daily life, bringing about improvements in terms of a person's self-image and self-esteem, as well as reducing any sense of isolation and loneliness.The resulting stress reduction derived from massage therapy can have a powerful immune-enhancing effect, according to research conducted at the Touch Research Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, which found increased natural killer (NK) cell activity and other immune system improvements to be directly related to massage therapy.Important: People with AIDS who receive massage often have specific needs. The massage should not be too fast or too deep, to ensure that the adrenal gland system is not over-stimulated, which can challenge the immune system. The person giving the massage should instead use gentle touch and focus on relaxation, comfort, and nurturing, instead of dealing with postural problems. Mind/Body Medicine: There is an absolutely vital relationship between a person's emotional state and their immune system. This is especially true in cases of AIDS and HIV infection, where the mind/body relationship has a profound impact on whether patients maintain or recover their health, or experience a further decline. Tremendous negative mental and emotional burdens are usually placed on patients when they are initially diagnosed as being HIV-positive or having AIDS, due to the fears surrounding such a diagnosis. This can hinder the commitment they need to make to restore themselves to health. Cultivating a positive spiritual, mental, and emotional attitude that is based upon self-responsibility and self-reliance is a key aspect of any alternative healing approach for HIV infection and AIDS.Emotions such as guilt, hopelessness, suppressed anger, and fear add to the burden of the immune system. Fortunately, most negative emotions can be easily resolved with a little effort and attention. Any stress-coping strategy that reduces these negative influences, such as relaxation exercises, meditation, visualization, psychotherapeutic counseling, support groups, and prayer, can help boost immune function. This has been proven scientifically in many research studies.Jon Kaiser, M.D. of San Francisco, California, specializes in the practice of alternative therapies and the mind/body connection, and treats a high percentage of patients who are HIV-positive. As an integral part of his approach for dealing with AIDS and HIV, Dr. Kaiser emphasizes to his patients the following points: AIDS is not a death sentence. By beginning a comprehensive, alternative, healing program early, patients can reasonably expect to live out their normal life span. Maintaining a positive attitude is essential for this process. Panic or succumbing to the negative messages that the media and the medical establishment promote needs to be avoided at all costs, and getting appropriate help in doing so (counseling, support groups, etc.) can pay big dividends in terms of health and longevity.Janet Konefal, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Miami School of Medicine, employs a counseling protocol aimed at "expanding limiting beliefs and altering behaviors among HIV-positive individuals." She stresses how important it is for the therapist to gradually guide AIDS patients whose negative mental state may carry images of past illness and loss, as well as poor images of future prospects in terms of health, happiness, and survival, to a position of self-empowerment in which positive, hopeful images can start to regularly replace these negative images.In order to achieve this shift, Dr. Konefal employs techniques that incorporate symbolism, imagery, and goal-setting in a structured and individualized manner. "The result is that the patient's dark, morbid, immuno-suppressing thoughts give way to light, life-affirming thoughts that foster the will to live and create an emotionally stronger and more optimistic individual," she says.Nutritional Supplements: Nutritional supplementation has been shown in clinical studies to offer great benefits to people already seriously ill with AIDS, and is essential for full recovery. People who are HIV-positive or diagnosed with AIDS are most commonly deficient in the following essential nutrients: vitamin A, pyridoxine (B6), folate, vitamin B12, selenium, and zinc.Other useful nutrients include: beta carotene, vitamin B complex, thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), pantothenic acid (B5), vitamin C, and vitamin E. Folic acid, biotin, potassium, magnesium, and manganese are also recommended, as are free form amino acids, glutathione, and essential fatty acids (particularly omega-3s and omega-6s). N-acetyl-cysteine and lipoic acid can also be helpful, as can garlic and garlic capsules.Oxygen Therapies: Oxygen therapy is considered by many holistic physicians to be the safest and most effective method of treating AIDS and its associated infections. Oxygen therapy uses hyperbaric oxygen, ozone, or hydrogen peroxide to combat HIV in much the same way as the immune system uses self-generated oxygen free radicals (a single oxygen atom) to destroy bacterial and viral infections. The extra oxygen atoms in ozone (O3) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) break off and link with the invading molecules, altering their molecular structure, in effect killing the harmful cells and leaving behind only oxygen (O2) or water (H2O).In one study, when HIV-infected blood was removed from the body and treated with ozone, the virus was completely deactivated in the test subjects. Another approach used by holistic physicians is to simply inject a diluted form of ozone into the bloodstream. This treatment can be done daily for several weeks at a time. French researchers Bertrand Vallancien and Jean-Marie Winkler studied ozone therapy with a group of patients with HIV, herpes, and hepatitis. After nine weeks of transfused ozone, T4 and T8 cells moved toward normal levels in all cases and the ozone treatments caused no problems. Ozone has also been found to be effective for AIDS-related diarrhea. German researchers use bioluminescence (the radiation of blood with ultraviolet light) in conjunction with ozone therapy to treat viral and other infections. Hydrogen peroxide, like ozone, can be administered intravenously and can also be taken rectally by enema, vaginally, or transcutaneously (absorption by bathing). The late Charles H. Farr, M.D., Ph.D., a leading specialist in the use of hydrogen peroxide therapy, recommended the intravenous method of delivery. Other doctors use combinations of ozone and hydrogen peroxide and report equally good results as well, because of a synergistic response in the cells. Although hydrogen peroxide can also be taken orally, Dr. Farr did not recommend doing so because of how the enzymes of the stomach are unable to process it properly.Since 1990, Michelle Reillo, B.S.N., R.N., has been treating AIDS patients with hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT—pure oxygen delivered for 30-60 minutes to patients inside a sealed chamber with high pressure) at Lifeforce Hyperbaric Oxygen Institute, in Baltimore, Maryland. Reillo and her colleagues concentrate on providing relief and reversing many of the complications associated with HIV infection or AIDS diagnosis. "Hyperbaric medicine has well-documented evidence supporting its use in many AIDS-defining complications and infections, regardless of the underlying disorder," Reillo says. "HBOT would be an ideal intervention in the individual recently infected with HIV, because it decreases viremia (viruses in the blood), is not toxic to the individual, and decreases the microvascular and neurovascular (small blood vessel) damage occurring as the initial infection progresses throughout the body."HBOT has demonstrated its effectiveness in relieving peripheral vascular insufficiency. This means a reduced supply of blood to the feet and hands, leaving them cold and frequently painful. Reillo reports that, over a three-year period, 100 AIDS patients with this problem have received considerable benefit after receiving only two weeks of HBOT (three treatments per week). First among the symptoms to improve was fatigue, then an increase in the ability to exercise and tolerate activity, followed by a warming of the extremities, an increase in energy, and less pain in the legs and feet following activity. The level of oxygen in the tissues climbed from a low 79% to a healthy 98%, adds Reillo. HBOT performs well as an adjunct to conventional antibiotic regimens for AIDS patients, Reillo explains. This is especially so in the area of opportunistic infections such as Mycobacterium avium complex, a deadly form of tuberculosis that attacks the bone marrow. This complication affects up to 20% of AIDS patients. Getting more oxygen invariably stimulates the appetite and the patients want to eat more, says Reillo. "Oxygen makes you hungry," she says. With appetite improvement, Reillo counsels AIDS patients on the details of a well-balanced, nutritionally rich diet. "The healthier you eat, the less likely you are to lose weight and develop infections," she states.One of the most serious consequences of AIDS is the dangerously low level of T cells, but here again HBOT is helpful, says Reillo. Over the course of four months of HBOT, Reillo was able to get a woman's T cells to climb from 400 to 800; even better, her CD4 count doubled.While the oxygen free radicals generated in oxygen therapy are deadly to viruses and bacteria, they can also do damage to healthy tissues if left unchecked. When the body manufactures these oxygen-based defense substances, it follows this immediately by sending protective antioxidant enzymes to quench the process before harm to healthy tissue can take place. Nutritional support is generally recommended with any oxygen therapy, particularly vitamin C supplementation, which acts as a stabilizing antioxidant.Alternative Professional CareThe following therapies can also be helpful for dealing with AIDS and HIV: Biofeedback Training, Energy Medicine (Light Beam Generator, Ondamed), Enzyme Therapy, Guided Imagery Meditation, Orthomolecular Medicine, Magnetic Field Therapy, and Traditional . See Glossary for descriptions.

Quick Action Plan for AIDSPrint this section

Eat only organic, fresh whole foods, emphasizing nutrient-rich fresh fruits and vegetables, and protein foods such as eggs, tempeh, and raw dairy, as well as wild caught fish and free-range, organic meats and poultry. Also eat plenty of nutrient-rich complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains, bean, and legumes. Drink plenty of pure filtered water throughout the day. Avoid all alcohol, caffeine, refined carbohydrates, pasteurized dairy products, all forms of sugar, white flour, and commercially processed foods, as well as soda, commercial fruit and vegetable juices, and commercial, non-herbal teas. Important supplements to boost immunity include vitamin A, beta carotene, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, biotin, folic acid, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and zinc. Free form amino acids and essential fatty acids are also recommended. Useful herbs include astragalus, bitter melon, Carnivora (Venus flytrap), Echinacea, garlic, ginseng, goldenseal, isatis root, and licorice root. Hyperthermia (heat therapy) can significantly improved resistance to the opportunistic infections associated with AIDS, especially when used in conjunction with proper diet, nutritional and herbal supplements, and other alternative natural therapies. Helpful professional care treatments include acupuncture and oxygen therapy (hydrogen peroxide, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, ozone therapy), both of which can boost immunity and destroy bacterial, fungal, and viral infections that can severely compromise the health of people with AIDS. Healing unresolved emotional issues such as anger, fear, guilt, and hopelessness, is also essential, as such emotions can depress immunity when they are suppressed or inappropriately expressed.

Guest guest

Thank you for posting all this. Where did you find this?

Sandi Lenfestey

In a message dated 11/7/2005 2:41:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, MRSCM4871 writes:

AIDSOverviewAIDS (Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome) is an autoimmune disease that can be accompanied by a wide range of other symptoms and opportunistic infections. When any of these opportunistic infections include a positive diagnosis of the HIV virus, a patient is said to have AIDS. AIDS is controversial, in this respect, because of how widely AIDS symptoms can vary, both in terms of how it manifests around the globe, and also how it affects different risk groups.In the United States and Europe, the most common characteristics of AIDS are Kaposi's sarcoma (a type of cancer), pneumocystis pneumonia, candidiasis, and mycobacterial infections such as tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis (a disease caused by protozoa that damages the central nervous system, eyes, and internal organs), cytomegalovirus, and the herpes virus. Other symptoms often associated with AIDS include diarrhea, weight loss, night sweats, fevers, rashes, and swollen lymph glands.The Problem with Defining AIDS: In January 1993, the original defining criteria for AIDS was changed by researchers at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prior to that time, to be diagnosed with AIDS, patients had to exhibit one or more of 25 symptoms listed by the CDC, and also be HIV-positive. In 1993, the CDC added three new conditions to this list—cancer of the cervix, bacterial pneumonia, and tuberculosis—which, when accompanied by HIV, is now considered to be AIDS. The effect of this decision dramatically and, some claim, artificially inflated the statistics of people who have AIDS. In the U.S. alone, the figures immediately rose from 250,000 to 400,000, causing noted epidemiologist, Gordon Stewart, M.D. of England to ask, "Will any woman with cervicitis, any man with urethritis, prostatitis, genitourinary cancer or any cancer, or perhaps severe infection, or any other unspecified, wasting or multiple disease, who happens to be HIV-positive, be diagnosed and registered as having AIDS and treated for HIV disease just because those in the business can expand their domain across any diagnostic code and scruple?"Adding to the problem of defining AIDS are the stark differences between the groups said to be most at risks for contracting AIDS. For example, Kaposi's sarcoma is 20 times more common in gay men with AIDS than in all other American AIDS patients. By contrast, tuberculosis (TB) is the primary AIDS symptoms among intravenous drug users. In Africa, AIDS is not categorized according to risk groups because it seems to evenly occur among the population and between the sexes. AIDS symptoms among Africans are chiefly diarrhea, wasting, fever, and persistent cough. All of these symptoms have been quite common in Africa for many decades, well before AIDS began to be defined, and are also the primary symptoms of most other tropical diseases.Because of such discrepancies, much confusion and dissent remain about what AIDS really is and even whether it can accurately be classified as a distinct disease. The common factor in all the symptoms and disease conditions associated with AIDS is HIV. If patients with these symptoms and conditions test positive for HIV, they are said to have AIDS. If they test HIV-negative, they are said to be AIDS-free even if they have the same symptoms and other disease conditions as HIV+ patients. This has led to a kind of diagnostic discrepancy that is not found for any other type of disease. Further compounding the problem is the fact that some scientists, researchers, physicians, and other health care practitioners dispute whether or not HIV even causes AIDS, a question that is considered heretical by the AIDS establishment, which focuses all of its efforts in developing drugs and vaccines that target and destroy the HIV virus. Critics of this approach point out that such drugs and vaccines are in themselves highly toxic and may in fact be causing many of the symptoms associated with AIDS. Rather than focusing on HIV, these dissenting health experts argue, the focus should be instead on educating people about risk factors that are common among AIDS patients, such as recreational and pharmaceutical drugs, unprotected sex, exposure to bacterial infections, and, especially in Africa and other Third World countries, malnutrition, dysentery and contaminated drinking water. The HIV Debate: Although the AIDS establishment insists that HIV is the sole or primary cause of AIDS, there is no clear cut scientific evidence that this is actually so. Although most people with AIDS also test positive for HIV, that in and of itself is not proof that HIV actually is the cause of AIDS. Critics of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis argue that the evidence that HIV causes AIDS remains tenuous and circumstantial, at best.

Guest guest

Prince

I do not have HIV but I can direct you to a site that can help you. I am a breast cancer survivor with local recurring breast cancer.

What happens with this HIV is your immune system is compromised and you need a booster.

Check out POLY-MVA site

June

-

"Prince" <prettyboithug

"Help" <PozHealth >; ; "Help" <BlackPozATL >; "Help"

Monday, November 07, 2005 2:18 AM

HELP

Hey everybody I am new to the grp, I am 19 and I am currently infected with hiv had it for atleast 7mths know, and really don't know what to do are take, I am setting up appts with the heath department, but I also look for help outside of that also I need all the help and support I can get right know, so if you are you know someone who can talk to me about it feel free to reply.Aol messenger atlantaprettynig bernard2004us

Guest guest

http://www.doctoryourself.com/aids.html

read the book that is recommended there- it's free.

Iris

-

" Prince " <prettyboithug

" Help " <PozHealth >;

; " Help "

<BlackPozATL >; " Help "

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:18 PM

HELP

> Hey everybody I am new to the grp, I am 19 and I am currently infected

> with hiv had it for atleast 7mths know, and really don't know what to do

> are take, I am setting up appts with the heath department, but I also

> look for help outside of that also I need all the help and support I can

> get right know, so if you are you know someone who can talk to me about

> it feel free to reply.

Guest guest

, Prince

<prettyboithug@t...> wrote:

>

> Hey everybody I am new to the grp, I am 19 and I am currently

infected

> with hiv had it for atleast 7mths know, and really don't know what

to do

> are take, I am setting up appts with the heath department, but I

also

> look for help outside of that also I need all the help and support

I can

> get right know, so if you are you know someone who can talk to me

about

> it feel free to reply.

>

AIDS

Overview

AIDS (Acquired Immuno-Deficiency Syndrome) is an autoimmune disease

that can be accompanied by a wide range of other symptoms and

opportunistic infections. When any of these opportunistic infections

include a positive diagnosis of the HIV virus, a patient is said to

have AIDS. AIDS is controversial, in this respect, because of how

widely AIDS symptoms can vary, both in terms of how it manifests

around the globe, and also how it affects different risk groups.

In the United States and Europe, the most common characteristics of

AIDS are Kaposi's sarcoma (a type of cancer), pneumocystis pneumonia,

candidiasis, and mycobacterial infections such as tuberculosis,

toxoplasmosis (a disease caused by protozoa that damages the central

nervous system, eyes, and internal organs), cytomegalovirus, and the

herpes virus. Other symptoms often associated with AIDS include

diarrhea, weight loss, night sweats, fevers, rashes, and swollen

lymph glands.

The Problem with Defining AIDS: In January 1993, the original

defining criteria for AIDS was changed by researchers at the U.S.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prior to that time,

to be diagnosed with AIDS, patients had to exhibit one or more of 25

symptoms listed by the CDC, and also be HIV-positive. In 1993, the

CDC added three new conditions to this list—cancer of the cervix,

bacterial pneumonia, and tuberculosis—which, when accompanied by HIV,

is now considered to be AIDS. The effect of this decision

dramatically and, some claim, artificially inflated the statistics of

people who have AIDS. In the U.S. alone, the figures immediately rose

from 250,000 to 400,000, causing noted epidemiologist, Gordon

Stewart, M.D. of England to ask, " Will any woman with cervicitis, any

man with urethritis, prostatitis, genitourinary cancer or any cancer,

or perhaps severe infection, or any other unspecified, wasting or

multiple disease, who happens to be HIV-positive, be diagnosed and

registered as having AIDS and treated for HIV disease just because

those in the business can expand their domain across any diagnostic

code and scruple? "

Adding to the problem of defining AIDS are the stark differences

between the groups said to be most at risks for contracting AIDS. For

example, Kaposi's sarcoma is 20 times more common in gay men with

AIDS than in all other American AIDS patients. By contrast,

tuberculosis (TB) is the primary AIDS symptoms among intravenous drug

users. In Africa, AIDS is not categorized according to risk groups

because it seems to evenly occur among the population and between the

sexes. AIDS symptoms among Africans are chiefly diarrhea, wasting,

fever, and persistent cough. All of these symptoms have been quite

common in Africa for many decades, well before AIDS began to be

defined, and are also the primary symptoms of most other tropical

diseases.

Because of such discrepancies, much confusion and dissent remain

about what AIDS really is and even whether it can accurately be

classified as a distinct disease. The common factor in all the

symptoms and disease conditions associated with AIDS is HIV. If

patients with these symptoms and conditions test positive for HIV,

they are said to have AIDS. If they test HIV-negative, they are said

to be AIDS-free even if they have the same symptoms and other disease

conditions as HIV+ patients. This has led to a kind of diagnostic

discrepancy that is not found for any other type of disease. Further

compounding the problem is the fact that some scientists,

researchers, physicians, and other health care practitioners dispute

whether or not HIV even causes AIDS, a question that is considered

heretical by the AIDS establishment, which focuses all of its efforts

in developing drugs and vaccines that target and destroy the HIV

virus. Critics of this approach point out that such drugs and

vaccines are in themselves highly toxic and may in fact be causing

many of the symptoms associated with AIDS. Rather than focusing on

HIV, these dissenting health experts argue, the focus should be

instead on educating people about risk factors that are common among

AIDS patients, such as recreational and pharmaceutical drugs,

unprotected sex, exposure to bacterial infections, and, especially in

Africa and other Third World countries, malnutrition, dysentery and

contaminated drinking water.

The HIV Debate: Although the AIDS establishment insists that HIV is

the sole or primary cause of AIDS, there is no clear cut scientific

evidence that this is actually so. Although most people with AIDS

also test positive for HIV, that in and of itself is not proof that

HIV actually is the cause of AIDS. Critics of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis

argue that the evidence that HIV causes AIDS remains tenuous and

circumstantial, at best.

One of the main critics of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis is molecular

biologist Peter Duesberg, Ph.D., Professor of Molecular and Cell

Biology at the University of California at Berkeley. In 1987, Dr.

Duesberg rejected the HIV=AIDS hypothesis in the journal Cancer

Research. Dr. Duesberg is a world-renowned scientist and long-

standing member of the National Academy of Sciences, and one of the

world's foremost experts on retroviruses - a class of viruses to

which HIV belongs. After reviewing every paper on HIV and AIDS

published up until that time, Dr. Duesberg concluded that HIV was

a " harmless, " latent, inactive virus, incapable of infecting more

than a few immune cells. Based on his research, Dr. Duesberg even

said that he " wouldn't mind being injected with it. "

As a result of his published paper and openly espoused views, Dr.

Duesberg suddenly found himself cut off from every source of research

funding that he applied for. Prior to his rejection of the HIV=AIDS

hypothesis, by contrast, he received grant money for every researcher

project to which he applied. In essence, the AIDS establishment has

done all that it can to marginalize Dr. Duesberg's research about HIV

and AIDS by cutting off his livelihood as a once prominent scientific

researcher. Despite their attempts, however, Dr. Duesberg's views

continue to attract the attention of and be accepted by growing

numbers of other well-respected scientists, researchers, and

physicians.

Adding to Dr. Duesberg's views is the fact that growing numbers of

AIDS patients with severe immune suppression, who test negative for

HIV, are being reported. According to Dr. Duesberg, there may be as

many as 5,000 such cases. A basic tenet of diagnostic medicine, known

as Koch's Postulate, states that, for a causative factor (such as a

virus, bacterium, or parasite) to be considered a definite cause of a

disease, it has to be clearly present in all cases of the disease.

Clearly, this is not the case with HIV in relationship to all AIDS

patients.

But perhaps the most striking point of Dr. Duesberg's rejection of

the HIV=AIDS hypothesis is that HIV demonstrates very little direct

cell-killing activity. In fact, when Dr. Duesberg viewed HIV under a

microscope, amidst lymphocytes (cells important in the creation of

antibodies), the virus didn't move at all and the cells remained

perfectly intact despite being in its presence. According to Dr.

Duesberg, this was normal and to be expected because, " Retroviruses

are not typically cytocidal, that is, they do not kill cells. " But

AIDS establishment counters that direct cell killing is not necessary

for the acceptance of the HIV=AIDS hypothesis, claiming that HIV

kills cells by one of several highly complex indirect mechanisms. Dr.

Duesberg contests that there is no evidence for any of these

elaborate mechanisms and that HIV is far too simple genetically to

perform these feats. Harvey Bialy, M.D., another well-respected

researcher who rejects the HIV=AIDS hypothesis, agrees with Dr.

Duesberg, pointing out that, " HIV is an ordinary retrovirus. It only

contains a very small piece of genetic information. There's no way it

can do all these elaborate things they say it does. "

Another problem with the HIV=AIDS hypothesis are the HIV tests

themselves. The most common methods of testing for HIV are the

Western Blot and ELISA (enzyme-linked immunoserological assay) tests,

both of which measure antibodies to HIV, not the HIV virus itself,

and both of which can be inaccurate. In the case of the ELISA test,

HIV antibodies are often detected in patients who in actuality are

not infected by the virus, usually as a result of a stress response.

As for the Western Blot test, it is not standardized, meaning that a

positive HIV test in one country would not necessarily be considered

positive in another country. In addition, antibodies to a variety of

viruses, bacteria, and other antigens can cross-react with antigens

in the tests potentially leading to false-positive test results.

Other conditions that can produce false-positive results are

immunizations, herpes, hepatitis, tuberculosis, malaria, parasites,

alcoholism and liver disease, pregnancy, and infection with

mycobacterium or yeasts.

Finally, though many people do become infected with HIV, a great deal

of evidence indicates that a healthy immune system can keep it from

causing damage. As a result, even holistic practitioners who do not

reject the HIV=AIDS hypothesis outright, still focus their efforts on

boosting the immune system rather than seeking to destroy HIV with

drugs that can cause harmful side-effects, such as the drugs

recommended by the AIDS establishment.

Symptoms of AIDS

Full-blown AIDS is usually accompanied by a steady decline in CD4

immune cells, which in a state of health, should be between 900 and

1,600, but in AIDS patients can drop to as low as zero. Another

factor usually associated with AIDS is a drop in T4 cells, which are

also integral to proper immune function. The drop in CD4 and T4 cells

is then usually followed by any one or more of 28 symptoms associated

with AIDS, including Kaposi's sarcoma, pneumocystis pneumonia,

candidiasis, tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, the herpes

virus, diarrhea, weight loss, night sweats, fevers, rashes, swollen

lymph glands, and certain kinds of cancer.

Causes of AIDS

Although the medical establishment insists that AIDS is caused by the

HIV virus, holistic health care practitioners realize that other

factors are equal, and perhaps more important in terms of how AIDS is

caused. Such factors include the use of illegal drugs, especially

stimulants such as amyl nitrates ( " poppers " ) and injected heroin (as

well as the sharing of unclean needles by drug users); the chronic

use of pharmaceutical drugs, including antibiotics, which destroy

healthy flora in the gastrointestinal tract, thereby setting the

stage for the invasion and proliferation of harmful microorganisms;

poor or malnutrition; contaminated vaccines for diseases such as

hepatitis B; tainted blood transfusions; contaminated drinking water;

exposure to toxic pollutants; and chronic states of unhealthy

emotions, such as stress, fear and despair.

The AIDS drug AZT and, to a lesser extent, protease inhibitors, have

also been known to cause AIDS-like symptoms. In addition to its known

ability to severely suppress immunity, AZT has also been shown to

suppress important health-related tasks of bone marrow, thereby

causing anemia, neutropenia (abnormally small number of neutrophils

in blood, a white blood cell that protects against infection) and

leukopenia (abnormal decrease in white blood corpuscles) in up to

half of all people who use the drug. Other side effects of AZT

include muscle wasting, extreme nausea, acute hepatitis, headaches,

insomnia, dementia, seizures, and the appearance of cancerous

lymphomas, all of which are also symptoms associated with AIDS itself.

As for protease inhibitors, although they are not as toxic as AZT,

they too, are not without side effects. Furthermore, in order to be

effective, they need to be taken in high doses, which can increase

their toxicity over time. The body quickly develops resistance to

protease inhibitors, as well, eventually making them ineffective.

Some of the severe side effects known to be caused by protease

inhibitors include chronic diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, headaches,

and fever.

----

----------

Natural Cures

While conventional AIDS treatment focuses almost entirely on

targeting and eliminating HIV, holistic health care practitioner

focus instead on restoring health by addressing dietary and

nutritional deficiencies, boosting immune function, and addressing

unhealthy lifestyle factors and unresolved psychological issues of

their AIDS patients. As a result, many long-term AIDS and HIV

survivors continue to experience good health by working with

alternative physicians, even when they still test positive for HIV.

Acupuncture: Acupuncture has been shown to be an effective and vital

tool for the treatment of HIV infection and AIDS, particularly when

used in conjunction with other alternative therapies. Studies

indicate that acupuncture helps to increase immune function and T-

cell production, and can also help ease many of the symptoms related

to HIV infection and AIDS. Among the benefits commonly achieved by

acupuncture for AIDS patients are reduction in fatigue, abnormal

sweating, diarrhea, and acute skin reactions, typically after only 4-

6 acupuncture treatments. Many AIDS patients also report an improved

sense of well-being and, in some cases, healthy weight gain and

improved stamina, allowing them to resume normal daily activities.

Acupuncture has also been shown by numerous clinical studies to

increase T-cell counts. According to Michael Smith, M.D., who

conducted one of the studies, T-cell ratios in some AIDS patients

rose dramatically over a 2-3 month period due to acupuncture alone.

In one such study, involving 200 patients with AIDS, acupuncture was

also found to be capable of reducing levels of secondary

opportunistic infections. Another study, conducted at Lincoln

Memorial Hospital in New York City, 20 out of 27 people with AIDS who

received acupuncture treatments experienced a reduction in their

fatigue symptoms, night sweats, and diarrhea after 1-3 weeks. Many of

the patients also experienced healthy weight gain. In another study,

15 patients who received regular treatment at Somerville Centre, near

Boston experienced improvements in their general symptoms and for six

of them, acupuncture helped reduce side effects of conventional

medical treatment for Kaposi's sarcoma.

Jay Holder, M.D., D.C., Ph.D. of Miami, Florida, has achieved

significant results using acupuncture. He describes the case of a man

with AIDS, suffering from Kaposi's sarcoma, and given just 22 months

to live. Within three weeks of treatment with acupuncture and Chinese

herbs, his T-cell count returned to normal and his lesions

disappeared.

Aromatherapy: Tea tree oil and garlic oil can both be helpful for

improving immune function and for helping to protect against

opportunistic infections.

Diet: The following dietary guidelines should be followed by all AIDS

patients: Eat, organic whole foods with as many essential nutrients

and as few additives as possible, concentrating on fresh, organic

vegetables, fruits, and proteins (fish and meat). Avoid all processed

foods, and eliminate refined carbohydrates (sugars, white flour,

pastries), replacing them with complex carbohydrates such as whole

grains and beans that are rich in nutrients. Also reduce

polyunsaturated and saturated fats and oils, using monounsaturated

oils (such as olive oil) and omega-3s (fish oils) instead.

Eat smaller portions of food more frequently throughout the day to

optimize absorption of nutrients, and try to keep your food intake

balanced. The following guidelines are ideal: 65% complex

carbohydrates (vegetables, fruits, and grains), 15% protein (fish,

yogurt, eggs, and meat), and 20% fat. Also ensure that the fruits and

vegetables you eat are clean and free of bacteria and parasites. For

best results, steam them lightly before you eat them.

Be sure to also screen for and eliminate all foods to which you may

be allergic or sensitive, and abstain from all sources of chocolate,

caffeine, and alcohol.

Candidiasis, or systemic yeast overgrowth, is common among AIDS

patients. Therefore, your diet needs to be free of all simple

carbohydrates and sugars. You should also regularly consume anti-

fungal foods, such as garlic and olive oil, along with specific

substances that kill the yeast, such as caprylic acid (a fatty acid)

and aloe vera. In addition, cultured raw dairy products such as raw

kefir and live low-fat yogurt, as well as probiotic supplements such

as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria and L. bulgaricus are

recommended for their anti-fungal and antibiotic properties.

Herbal Medicine: The use of herbal medicines in the treatment of AIDS

is widespread. Useful herbs include astragalus, Carnivora (Venus'

flytrap), echinacea, garlic, isatis root, licorice, goldenseal,

hyssop, and St John's wort. Aloe vera can also be effective. An

extract of mannose, one of the sugars in aloe, has been found to

inhibit HIV-1 ( strain of the HIV virus). In one study, HIV-1 cells

were treated in vitro with the mannose extract. Aloe slowed virus

reproduction by as much as 30%, reduced viral load, suppressed the

spread of the virus from infected cells, and increased the viability

(chance of survival) of infected cells. Researchers found that aloe

stimulates the body's immune system, particularly T4 helper cells

(white blood cells that activate the immune response to infection).

Chinese bitter melon, monolaurin (a component of certain fatty

acids), and lentinan (extract of shiitake mushrooms) have also shown

dramatic anti-HIV effects, and red clover tops, chaparral, dandelion,

sarsparilla, and pau d'arco, taken in combination, can also be

helpful.

Since the early 1980s, bitter melon fruits and seeds have been tested

as an effective therapy for cancer and HIV. At the Amsterdam

International Conference on AIDS in 1992, Quingcai Zhang, a Chinese

medical doctor and herbalist, presented data of a study he conducted

using bitter melon. In Dr. Zhang's study, those who took bitter melon

for four months to three years had CD4 counts increase between 33%

and 285%. His findings showed that, in most cases, it normalized T4-

to-T8 ratios, raised T4 counts over time, and increased energy and

sense of well being. Dr. Zhang also noted that bitter melon blocked

HIV-infected macrophages (immune cells that recognize and ingest

foreign antigens)—something AZT does not do—as well as infected

lymphocytes such as CD4 cells.

Bitter melon extracts or decoctions can be taken orally or rectally.

A rectal retention enema is recommended, because the plant is very

bitter and unpleasant to drink and may cause nausea. Using an enema

also avoids the breakdown of the bitter melon proteins in the stomach

acid, allowing them to instead be absorbed directly into the

bloodstream through the large intestine.

Homeopathic Growth Factors: Homeopathic growth factors are a type of

homeopathic remedy prepared from growth factors, a class of more than

30 protein substances known as polypeptides that regulate cell growth

and division, and make possible inter- and intracellular

communication as well as cell specialization. They can also transmit

signals that trigger events between cells that change the way a cell

uses DNA, resulting in appropriate cellular response to external

events.

The therapeutic use of homeopathic growth factors have been shown to

hold promise as a method for reversing the weight loss and immune

dysfunction associated with AIDS, according to Barbara Brewitt, Ph.D.

Dr.Brewitt has worked with a growth factor solution prepared by

genetic engineering that was then prepared as various homeopathic

dilutions of the growth factor substances. In a 12-month clinical

trial with 30 AIDS patients using the homeopathic growth factors, Dr.

Brewitt found that the patients experienced an average weight gain of

almost ten pounds, as well as total absence of opportunistic

infections. Moreover, the patients' CD4 cell counts either remained

stable or only increased slightly, and there was a corresponding

decrease in their degree of viral infection.

Hyperthermia: Hyperthermia involves artificially creating fever in

the body for the purpose of boosting immune function. Hyperthermia

can be a highly effective method of eliminating toxins and heavy

metals, as well as infectious bacteria and viruses that cannot

survive in elevated body temperatures. Research has shown that AIDS

is heat-sensitive and will become increasingly inactive as body

temperature is raised progressively above normal (98.6 degrees

Fahrenheit) for extended periods of time. Additionally, sweating is

very cleansing for the body's largest eliminative organ, the skin.

Because of its power to detoxify, some holistic practitioners,

especially Naturopathic Doctors, make hyperthermia a central feature

of their treatment protocol. Hyperthermia is often done occasionally

as an immune boosting home treatment, or in conjunction with a

specific cleanse. In the case of a more serious condition it is

possible to combine hyperthermia with long periods of bed rest as

part of a deeper detoxifying protocol.

We suggest several at-home hyperthermia treatments. Please seek the

advice of your alternative health care practitioner before undergoing

these sweat-inducing procedures to make sure they are appropriate for

you.

*Purified water is essential for any hyperthermia treatment. The

section: Remedies for Treating Chlorinated Bath Water, offers clear

instructions and recommendations.

Massage Therapy: Massage has been shown to provide significant

benefits for people with AIDS or HIV. The benefits are physical -

improved circulation and drainage of blood and lymph fluid,

relaxation of muscles, and improved joint mobility. Benefits are also

mental and emotional - reduced stress and a greater sense of ease and

well-being. Research shows that massage helps to create a safe

environment in which emotions relating to issues such as death,

dying, and sadness can emerge to be healed. It can also act as a

catalyst that reinforces touching and hugging in daily life, bringing

about improvements in terms of a person's self-image and self-esteem,

as well as reducing any sense of isolation and loneliness.

The resulting stress reduction derived from massage therapy can have

a powerful immune-enhancing effect, according to research conducted

at the Touch Research Institute, University of Miami School of

Medicine, which found increased natural killer (NK) cell activity and

other immune system improvements to be directly related to massage

therapy.

Important: People with AIDS who receive massage often have specific

needs. The massage should not be too fast or too deep, to ensure that

the adrenal gland system is not over-stimulated, which can challenge

the immune system. The person giving the massage should instead use

gentle touch and focus on relaxation, comfort, and nurturing, instead

of dealing with postural problems.

Mind/Body Medicine: There is an absolutely vital relationship between

a person's emotional state and their immune system. This is

especially true in cases of AIDS and HIV infection, where the

mind/body relationship has a profound impact on whether patients

maintain or recover their health, or experience a further decline.

Tremendous negative mental and emotional burdens are usually placed

on patients when they are initially diagnosed as being HIV-positive

or having AIDS, due to the fears surrounding such a diagnosis. This

can hinder the commitment they need to make to restore themselves to

health. Cultivating a positive spiritual, mental, and emotional

attitude that is based upon self-responsibility and self-reliance is

a key aspect of any alternative healing approach for HIV infection

and AIDS.

Emotions such as guilt, hopelessness, suppressed anger, and fear add

to the burden of the immune system. Fortunately, most negative

emotions can be easily resolved with a little effort and attention.

Any stress-coping strategy that reduces these negative influences,

such as relaxation exercises, meditation, visualization,

psychotherapeutic counseling, support groups, and prayer, can help

boost immune function. This has been proven scientifically in many

research studies.

Jon Kaiser, M.D. of San Francisco, California, specializes in the

practice of alternative therapies and the mind/body connection, and

treats a high percentage of patients who are HIV-positive. As an

integral part of his approach for dealing with AIDS and HIV, Dr.

Kaiser emphasizes to his patients the following points: AIDS is not a

death sentence. By beginning a comprehensive, alternative, healing

program early, patients can reasonably expect to live out their

normal life span. Maintaining a positive attitude is essential for

this process. Panic or succumbing to the negative messages that the

media and the medical establishment promote needs to be avoided at

all costs, and getting appropriate help in doing so (counseling,

support groups, etc.) can pay big dividends in terms of health and

longevity.

Janet Konefal, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the

University of Miami School of Medicine, employs a counseling protocol

aimed at " expanding limiting beliefs and altering behaviors among HIV-

positive individuals. " She stresses how important it is for the

therapist to gradually guide AIDS patients whose negative mental

state may carry images of past illness and loss, as well as poor

images of future prospects in terms of health, happiness, and

survival, to a position of self-empowerment in which positive,

hopeful images can start to regularly replace these negative images.

In order to achieve this shift, Dr. Konefal employs techniques that

incorporate symbolism, imagery, and goal-setting in a structured and

individualized manner. " The result is that the patient's dark,

morbid, immuno-suppressing thoughts give way to light, life-affirming

thoughts that foster the will to live and create an emotionally

stronger and more optimistic individual, " she says.

Nutritional Supplements: Nutritional supplementation has been shown

in clinical studies to offer great benefits to people already

seriously ill with AIDS, and is essential for full recovery. People

who are HIV-positive or diagnosed with AIDS are most commonly

deficient in the following essential nutrients: vitamin A, pyridoxine

(B6), folate, vitamin B12, selenium, and zinc.

Other useful nutrients include: beta carotene, vitamin B complex,

thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), pantothenic acid (B5), vitamin C, and

vitamin E. Folic acid, biotin, potassium, magnesium, and manganese

are also recommended, as are free form amino acids, glutathione, and

essential fatty acids (particularly omega-3s and omega-6s). N-acetyl-

cysteine and lipoic acid can also be helpful, as can garlic and

garlic capsules.

Oxygen Therapies: Oxygen therapy is considered by many holistic

physicians to be the safest and most effective method of treating

AIDS and its associated infections. Oxygen therapy uses hyperbaric

oxygen, ozone, or hydrogen peroxide to combat HIV in much the same

way as the immune system uses self-generated oxygen free radicals (a

single oxygen atom) to destroy bacterial and viral infections. The

extra oxygen atoms in ozone (O3) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) break

off and link with the invading molecules, altering their molecular

structure, in effect killing the harmful cells and leaving behind

only oxygen (O2) or water (H2O).

In one study, when HIV-infected blood was removed from the body and

treated with ozone, the virus was completely deactivated in the test

subjects. Another approach used by holistic physicians is to simply

inject a diluted form of ozone into the bloodstream. This treatment

can be done daily for several weeks at a time. French researchers

Bertrand Vallancien and Jean-Marie Winkler studied ozone therapy with

a group of patients with HIV, herpes, and hepatitis. After nine weeks

of transfused ozone, T4 and T8 cells moved toward normal levels in

all cases and the ozone treatments caused no problems. Ozone has also

been found to be effective for AIDS-related diarrhea. German

researchers use bioluminescence (the radiation of blood with

ultraviolet light) in conjunction with ozone therapy to treat viral

and other infections.

Hydrogen peroxide, like ozone, can be administered intravenously and

can also be taken rectally by enema, vaginally, or transcutaneously

(absorption by bathing). The late Charles H. Farr, M.D., Ph.D., a

leading specialist in the use of hydrogen peroxide therapy,

recommended the intravenous method of delivery. Other doctors use

combinations of ozone and hydrogen peroxide and report equally good

results as well, because of a synergistic response in the cells.

Although hydrogen peroxide can also be taken orally, Dr. Farr did not

recommend doing so because of how the enzymes of the stomach are

unable to process it properly.

Since 1990, Michelle Reillo, B.S.N., R.N., has been treating AIDS

patients with hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT—pure oxygen delivered

for 30-60 minutes to patients inside a sealed chamber with high

pressure) at Lifeforce Hyperbaric Oxygen Institute, in Baltimore,

Maryland. Reillo and her colleagues concentrate on providing relief

and reversing many of the complications associated with HIV infection

or AIDS diagnosis. " Hyperbaric medicine has well-documented evidence

supporting its use in many AIDS-defining complications and

infections, regardless of the underlying disorder, " Reillo

says. " HBOT would be an ideal intervention in the individual recently

infected with HIV, because it decreases viremia (viruses in the

blood), is not toxic to the individual, and decreases the

microvascular and neurovascular (small blood vessel) damage occurring

as the initial infection progresses throughout the body. "

HBOT has demonstrated its effectiveness in relieving peripheral

vascular insufficiency. This means a reduced supply of blood to the

feet and hands, leaving them cold and frequently painful. Reillo

reports that, over a three-year period, 100 AIDS patients with this

problem have received considerable benefit after receiving only two

weeks of HBOT (three treatments per week). First among the symptoms

to improve was fatigue, then an increase in the ability to exercise

and tolerate activity, followed by a warming of the extremities, an

increase in energy, and less pain in the legs and feet following

activity. The level of oxygen in the tissues climbed from a low 79%

to a healthy 98%, adds Reillo.

HBOT performs well as an adjunct to conventional antibiotic regimens

for AIDS patients, Reillo explains. This is especially so in the area

of opportunistic infections such as Mycobacterium avium complex, a

deadly form of tuberculosis that attacks the bone marrow. This

complication affects up to 20% of AIDS patients. Getting more oxygen

invariably stimulates the appetite and the patients want to eat more,

says Reillo. " Oxygen makes you hungry, " she says. With appetite

improvement, Reillo counsels AIDS patients on the details of a well-

balanced, nutritionally rich diet. " The healthier you eat, the less

likely you are to lose weight and develop infections, " she states.

One of the most serious consequences of AIDS is the dangerously low

level of T cells, but here again HBOT is helpful, says Reillo. Over

the course of four months of HBOT, Reillo was able to get a woman's T

cells to climb from 400 to 800; even better, her CD4 count doubled.

While the oxygen free radicals generated in oxygen therapy are deadly

to viruses and bacteria, they can also do damage to healthy tissues

if left unchecked. When the body manufactures these oxygen-based

defense substances, it follows this immediately by sending protective

antioxidant enzymes to quench the process before harm to healthy

tissue can take place. Nutritional support is generally recommended

with any oxygen therapy, particularly vitamin C supplementation,

which acts as a stabilizing antioxidant.

Alternative Professional Care

The following therapies can also be helpful for dealing with AIDS and

HIV: Biofeedback Training, Energy Medicine (Light Beam Generator,

Ondamed), Enzyme Therapy, Guided Imagery Meditation, Orthomolecular

Medicine, Magnetic Field Therapy, and Traditional .

See Glossary for descriptions.

----

----------

Quick Action Plan for AIDS

Print this section

Eat only organic, fresh whole foods, emphasizing nutrient-rich fresh

fruits and vegetables, and protein foods such as eggs, tempeh, and

raw dairy, as well as wild caught fish and free-range, organic meats

and poultry. Also eat plenty of nutrient-rich complex carbohydrates,

such as whole grains, bean, and legumes.

Drink plenty of pure filtered water throughout the day.

Avoid all alcohol, caffeine, refined carbohydrates, pasteurized dairy

products, all forms of sugar, white flour, and commercially processed

foods, as well as soda, commercial fruit and vegetable juices, and

commercial, non-herbal teas.

Important supplements to boost immunity include vitamin A, beta

carotene, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, biotin, folic

acid, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and zinc. Free form amino

acids and essential fatty acids are also recommended.

Useful herbs include astragalus, bitter melon, Carnivora (Venus

flytrap), Echinacea, garlic, ginseng, goldenseal, isatis root, and

licorice root.

Hyperthermia (heat therapy) can significantly improved resistance to

the opportunistic infections associated with AIDS, especially when

used in conjunction with proper diet, nutritional and herbal

supplements, and other alternative natural therapies.

Helpful professional care treatments include acupuncture and oxygen

therapy (hydrogen peroxide, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, ozone

therapy), both of which can boost immunity and destroy bacterial,

fungal, and viral infections that can severely compromise the health

of people with AIDS.

Healing unresolved emotional issues such as anger, fear, guilt, and

hopelessness, is also essential, as such emotions can depress

immunity when they are suppressed or inappropriately expressed.

Guest guest

Prince wrote:

>Hey everybody I am new to the grp, I am 19 and I am currently infected

>with hiv had it for atleast 7mths know, and really don't know what to do

>are take, I am setting up appts with the heath department, but I also

>look for help outside of that also I need all the help and support I can

>get right know, so if you are you know someone who can talk to me about

>it feel free to reply.

>

>

>Dear friend,

>

>

as is the case with many so-called diseases today, we are bombarded with

propaganda that serves the interest of big business -especially the pharmas.

I read a book acouple of years ago, and i have now bought the updated

edition called -The truth about hiv " written by

Steven Ransom and Phillip Day. available from the " CTM " site (campaign

for truth in medicine) i personally feel that it is one of the most

inspiring books you could read- as it exposes error -it has it's attackers.

Back in the late 1980's i knew a fellow who was diagnosed with hiv and

so was his partner. the two took very different courses

regarding treatment. One chose the orthodox route , the other chose to

avoid that and focus on diet and lifestyle, the one who went down the

medical path died. the last i saw the other on -fit as a fiddle!

Try to keep a positive open mind, research and take charge of your own

health.read the book and others like it (there are a few) an you will be

fine.also, don't poison your body -that goes against common sense.

>

>

>

>

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

Guest guest

I met this lady that had broken some of her vertebrae in a car accident and she had to been in her late 60's. She had followed the incurable cleanse or on this group is called the total body cleanse TBC. It is a matter of cleansing out all of your organs and putting your body back in alignment and feeding full of nutrition. Your body is like a car, we change the oil to keep it lubed with clean oil and we put good gas in it so it runs your body is no different clean out the organs and replace it with good nutritious stuff. It truly doesn't matter what the problem is called you heal it all the same way. One of the very first things to start doing is drinking water, a great book about that is Your Bodies Many Cries for Water.Peggy <bpz wrote: I just found out the pain in my back and leg are caused by

some"spinal deterioration" which is inflamed. The Dr. prescribed an "anti- inflammatory" drug. I took 4 and they have upset my stomach, whichby the way I had 5 ulcers just several months ago], anyway I put thepills down the garbage disposal and decided natural is the way to go.Does any one have any suggestions for me?Peg

Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Guest guest

Hi Peg, Your system is way too acidic, learn about the acid alkaline

pH balance of the body.

Your system is real short of Calcium and other alkaline minerals

because of the Diet you are eating.

You must be willing to change your diet to more fresh fruits and

vegetables.

Read post #77077 and gain some more understanding of the problems

and some guidelines for help.

You need a good Probotic to take to help your digestion work

properly and stop eating all refined and process foods.

Read post#77077 for more guidelines of what to eat.

If you want to push pills you will need to take a hugh amount of

Calcium ( OYSTERSHELL CALCIUM IS CHEAPEST), but you will need to take

it with a pinch of epsom salt to make it become available to your

body. I know people who do this and will take up to 30,000mg of this

calcium in a days time every day with a pinch of epsom salt (below

the amount which will may your bowels loose, you have to be judge)and

in a short time are able to get tremendous relief.

The best way is to change your diet and eat foods of the cole

family ( Broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts ) every day.

Smile Tis your choice now!

herbal remedies , " Peggy " <bpz@b...> wrote:

>

> I just found out the pain in my back and leg are caused by some

> " spinal deterioration " which is inflamed. The Dr. prescribed

an " anti

> - inflammatory " drug. I took 4 and they have upset my stomach, which

> by the way I had 5 ulcers just several months ago], anyway I put the

> pills down the garbage disposal and decided natural is the way to

go.

> Does any one have any suggestions for me?

> Peg

>

Guest guest

I've spent the last year trying to fix my lower back problems. Come

to find out I have spondylolethesis (sp?), which basically means my

spine has fractures that have begun to separate causing arthritis and

inflamation and was told there's no cure except surgery to fuse my

back. I did the anti inflamatory route for a little while, but it

doesn't fix it - just covers it up. Physical therapy using the Medx

Healthy back program is the ONLY thing that has reduced my pain and

increase my mobility. Traditional physical therapy wasn't enough, I

did that for 6 months prior to this program with very little results.

Here's a link to the program I went through;

http://www.all-sport.com/medx.html

I have absolutely no vested interest in this program and I understand

that many physical therapist also use it, but I couldn't find one in

my area so I had to go to a gym for it. Now the only time I really

have pain is when I've overdone it.

Here's a question for Doc: I was told that the fracture will never

heal. Is that because you can't set the bones back together? Would

it help for me to take comfrey or some other bone mending herb?

Vivian

herbal remedies , " Peggy " <bpz@b...> wrote:

>

> I just found out the pain in my back and leg are caused by some

> " spinal deterioration " which is inflamed. The Dr. prescribed an " anti

> - inflammatory " drug. I took 4 and they have upset my stomach, which

> by the way I had 5 ulcers just several months ago], anyway I put the

> pills down the garbage disposal and decided natural is the way to go.

> Does any one have any suggestions for me?

> Peg

>

Guest guest

Try Tea Tree Oil too. GinaSherry <djlmusky-man wrote: I have to ask a question, I have been having pain in my big toe. I think itis fungus.I put anti fungus cream on it, and it helped the pain, well now I justnoticed that my toe nail is falling off and it is hurting again, what can Ido to heal this? Will colloidal Silver help?Thank you,Sherry

Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, more on new and used cars.

Guest guest

Herbee:

Headaches have many causes in Chinese medicine. You

need to find out what the root of the headache is. is

there a practitioner you can visit in Oregon?

Kind regards, Jack

--- daluvslug <herbee wrote:

> I need a headache remedy, I am taking far to much

> tylenol and I get headaches all the time,

> and need to find relief!

>

> HI...I'm Herbee,(female), live in lovely Oregon, and

> am trying to take hold of my own medical

> health, without benefit of perscription, or damaging

> over the counter meds. I am also trying

> to find a place that sells oolong tea. Any help

> would be appreciated.