IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Garlic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just throwing in my two cents worth. We buy the green olives stuffed with garlic. Much easier that the plain garlic...good and good for you too! We have been eating about 3-4 a day, hope that is the right amount. Good medicine! Garlic is awesome stuff!

all the best,

suzen

High Blood is the easiest thing to handle.Raw Garlic is the remedy and works every time.Make sure you read the Garlic newsletter in your inbox.~BOn Tue, 2008-12-23 at 17:57 -0800, Misfit_Existence wrote:

My son has high blood pressure is there anything natural that works that i can help him with? Thanks and Merry Christmas!--- On Tue, 12/23/08,

The Academy of Natural Healing

Be your own herbalist. Make all your own medicine. If you would like free instruction or Doc's formulas call the Academy #828-835-8071 Grow your own Organic herbs and hang dry them in the kitchen window. Grind them up with a mortar and pestle or in a coffee grinder, then boil some water and make the tea you need. Gather a bunch of dry herbs so you have everything you need for all ailments. Get some books so you can look up the remedy and fix what ever may come your way.There are around 7,000 health enthusiasts on Herbal Remedies. If all of you were to become herbalists you could be fully in charge of your own health which is the ultimate goal of Organic Solutions and the Academy of Natural Healing. We will provide you with the herbal preparations you need to heal yourselves, but we want you to be the at home herbalists. In the days of old, there was an herbalist in every household and we would like to see this happen again. If we were to teach you all we know of natural healing, you might think that it would harm Organic Solutions business; this is however not the case. There are millions of people who are just too lazy to cure themselves and learn to make their own products. We don't care if you take our formula's and open a successful business as there are plenty of people who need your help. We would love it if you and your family never had to call us or a natural healer ever again. We have tons of business so please take our knowledge and get your family and friends well. As you probably know, Doc is the founder of the Academy of Natural Healing and educating is our purpose. Its true that we make most of our bread selling organic herbs but we wish it was not so. Our purpose is to teach so if you want to learn utilize us for the love of Garlic!!!You probably joined this list to learn of Natural Healing and herbs. I doubt you joined this list to buy herbs so take the next step and call us to get Doc's Lifetime Lecture Series or to get answers on how to make your own herbal preparations. We want you to be responsible for your own health and help those you know. Best of health to you all~BryanJourneyman HerbalistAcademy of Natural Healing

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1869 - Release 12/30/2008 12:06 PM

Guest guest

I readed last days about basilicum helps for high blood pressure.

I do fresh in little pieces (by my hands) in the salade.

and garlic is possible sometimes in little pieces for drink like tablet..

hugs

Happy New Year.

Jesica--- El mar, 30/12/08, Suzen <doobiedo escribió:

De: Suzen <doobiedoAsunto: Re: {Herbal Remedies} garlicPara: herbal remedies Fecha: martes, 30 diciembre, 2008 7:10

Just throwing in my two cents worth. We buy the green olives stuffed with garlic. Much easier that the plain garlic...good and good for you too! We have been eating about 3-4 a day, hope that is the right amount. Good medicine! Garlic is awesome stuff!

all the best,

suzen

High Blood is the easiest thing to handle.Raw Garlic is the remedy and works every time.Make sure you read the Garlic newsletter in your inbox.~BOn Tue, 2008-12-23 at 17:57 -0800, Misfit_Existence wrote:

My son has high blood pressure is there anything natural that works that i can help him with? Thanks and Merry Christmas!--- On Tue, 12/23/08,

The Academy of Natural Healing

Be your own herbalist. Make all your own medicine. If you would like free instruction or Doc's formulas call the Academy #828-835-8071 Grow your own Organic herbs and hang dry them in the kitchen window. Grind them up with a mortar and pestle or in a coffee grinder, then boil some water and make the tea you need. Gather a bunch of dry herbs so you have everything you need for all ailments. Get some books so you can look up the remedy and fix what ever may come your way.There are around 7,000 health enthusiasts on Herbal Remedies. If all of you were to become herbalists you could be fully in charge of your own health which is the ultimate goal of Organic Solutions and

the Academy of Natural Healing. We will provide you with the herbal preparations you need to heal yourselves, but we want you to be the at home herbalists. In the days of old, there was an herbalist in every household and we would like to see this happen again. If we were to teach you all we know of natural healing, you might think that it would harm Organic Solutions business; this is however not the case. There are millions of people who are just too lazy to cure themselves and learn to make their own products. We don't care if you take our formula's and open a successful business as there are plenty of people who need your help. We would love it if you and your family never had to call us or a natural healer ever again. We have tons of business so please take our knowledge and get your family and friends well. As you probably know, Doc is the founder of the

Academy of Natural Healing and educating is our purpose. Its true that we make most of our bread selling organic herbs but we wish it was not so. Our purpose is to teach so if you want to learn utilize us for the love of Garlic!!!You probably joined this list to learn of Natural Healing and herbs. I doubt you joined this list to buy herbs so take the next step and call us to get Doc's Lifetime Lecture Series or to get answers on how to make your own herbal preparations. We want you to be responsible for your own health and help those you know. Best of health to you all~BryanJourneyman HerbalistAcademy of Natural Healing

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.1/1869 - Release 12/30/2008 12:06 PM

Guest guest

Agreed, raw real garlic is the best form, and cut.

I have a friend who slices thin strips and stuffs them into grapes

and eats them. She says it masks the flavor a bit. :)

Kristen

herbal remedies , bryanshillington

<BryanShillington wrote:

>

> Raw Garlic is the best. Capsules just don't do the trick.

> Raw Garlic can be hard for some folks to eat. Some cut it into pill

size

> pieces and swallow it with water while others munch it down like

candy.

> Dose is 100% up to you but with Garlic more is better. Start by

eating a

> clove and work yourself up to a bulb or two. No such thing as too

much.

> Feel free to eat it like food cause it is food. Garlic hitting an

empty

> tummy can make you spew so take it on a gradient. Best

>

> ~B

>

>

> On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 18:36 +0000, ABIGALE wrote:

> > CAN U PLZ TELL ME WHAT IS THE BEST SOURCE OF GARLIC 2 TAKE IN A

> > CAPSULE

> > OR TABLET & WHAT 2 LOOK FOR CONCERNING IF IT IS ALLICIN & HOW

MUCH 2

> > TAKE A DAY.THX~~~ABIGALE~~~

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

What I do, is make a Garlic BROTH on the stove, and sip it all day, when I need it. I know I should do it all the time, but dont. It doesnt taste that bad at all.... Especially if your sick. :) I also, rub the open cloves on the arches of my feet. It gets into your blood stream ALOT Faster that way. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *~Blessings from *Shawna*Simpli Essential - Natural Health for the Whole FamilyAwesome Disabled Moms - Website.  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-"kmdaven" <kmdaven"Herbal Remedies" <herbal remedies >Friday, January 2, 2009 8:34:02 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific{Herbal Remedies} Re: GARLIC

Agreed, raw real garlic is the best form, and cut.

I have a friend who slices thin strips and stuffs them into grapes

and eats them. She says it masks the flavor a bit. :)

Kristen

herbal remedies , bryanshillington

<BryanShillington wrote:

>

> Raw Garlic is the best. Capsules just don't do the trick.

> Raw Garlic can be hard for some folks to eat. Some cut it into pill

size

> pieces and swallow it with water while others munch it down like

candy.

> Dose is 100% up to you but with Garlic more is better. Start by

eating a

> clove and work yourself up to a bulb or two. No such thing as too

much.

> Feel free to eat it like food cause it is food. Garlic hitting an

empty

> tummy can make you spew so take it on a gradient. Best

>

> ~B

>

>

> On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 18:36 +0000, ABIGALE wrote:

> > CAN U PLZ TELL ME WHAT IS THE BEST SOURCE OF GARLIC 2 TAKE IN A

> > CAPSULE

> > OR TABLET & WHAT 2 LOOK FOR CONCERNING IF IT IS ALLICIN & HOW

MUCH 2

> > TAKE A DAY.THX~~~ABIGALE~~~

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Fresh raw garlic stuffed into olives - yummmmm!!!!--- On Sat, 1/3/09, **Shawna** <shawnascott wrote:

**Shawna** <shawnascottRe: {Herbal Remedies} Re: GARLIC"Herbal Remedies" <herbal remedies >Saturday, January 3, 2009, 3:50 PM

What I do, is make a Garlic BROTH on the stove, and sip it all day, when I need it. I know I should do it all the time, but dont. It doesnt taste that bad at all.... Especially if your sick. :) I also, rub the open cloves on the arches of my feet. It gets into your blood stream ALOT Faster that way.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *~Blessings from *Shawna*

Simpli Essential - Natural Health for the Whole Family

Awesome Disabled Moms - Website.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-"kmdaven" <kmdaven >"Herbal Remedies" <herbal remedies>Friday, January 2, 2009 8:34:02 PM GMT -08:00

US/Canada Pacific{Herbal Remedies} Re: GARLIC

Agreed, raw real garlic is the best form, and cut.I have a friend who slices thin strips and stuffs them into grapes and eats them. She says it masks the flavor a bit. :)Kristenherbal remedies, bryanshillington <BryanShillington@ ...> wrote:>> Raw Garlic is the best. Capsules just don't do the trick. > Raw Garlic can be hard for some folks to eat. Some cut it into pill size> pieces and swallow it with water while others munch it down like candy.> Dose is 100% up to you but with Garlic more is better. Start by eating a> clove and work yourself up to a bulb or two. No such thing as too much.> Feel free to eat it like food cause it is food. Garlic hitting an empty> tummy can make you spew so take it on a gradient. Best> > ~B

> > > On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 18:36 +0000, ABIGALE wrote:> > CAN U PLZ TELL ME WHAT IS THE BEST SOURCE OF GARLIC 2 TAKE IN A> > CAPSULE > > OR TABLET & WHAT 2 LOOK FOR CONCERNING IF IT IS ALLICIN & HOW MUCH 2 > > TAKE A DAY.THX~~~ABIGALE~ ~~> > > > > > > > > >>

Guest guest

garlic BROTH ???

could you explain the recipie please ????

i have a general idea , but would like to confirm my fuzzy thinking .

THANKs !!!

MARANATHA !

gabriele

gcliburn

Guest guest

I know for long time, that the garlic is great vegetable, since my

grandfather ate it almost every day and always claimed, that garlic is

the reason, why he do not visit his doctor.

I would like it too to eat it, but unfortunately, my blood pressure is

quite low. What do you suggest for me to do?

Guest guest

Dear Bryan

A belated thank you for your advice on sprouting and just to let you know I am the proud owner of about 25 garlic plants now, I planted them as you said and they are shooting up with a vengeance they obviously like the cold here in the uk they are poking through the snow right now !!

One more question I am using Quinoa in my diet as a good vegetarian protien.

A) is it acid or alkaline.

B)Does this need to be sprouted also, I belive it is a seed rather than a grain or pulse.

Many thanks

Vince

Vince Nash

Guest guest

Woohooo Baby Garlics. They are sooo cute.

They love the cold and it snowing here too.

I planted a bunch of Garlic yesterday day. About five hundred.

My other Garlic is already up but I like to plant at different times so

Garlic grows every where in my vegetable garden.

Quinoa is acid unless it is sprouted. It turns alkaline when

germinated.

Best to you and Elly.

~Bryan

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 11:43 +0000, VINCE NASH wrote:

> Dear Bryan

>

> A belated thank you for your advice on sprouting and just to let you

> know I am the proud owner of about 25 garlic plants now, I planted

> them as you said and they are shooting up with a vengeance they

> obviously like the cold here in the uk they are poking through the

> snow right now !!

> One more question I am using Quinoa in my diet as a good vegetarian

> protien.

> A) is it acid or alkaline.

> B)Does this need to be sprouted also, I belive it is a seed rather

> than a grain or pulse.

>

> Many thanks

>

> Vince

>

>

> Vince Nash

>

>

>

Guest guest

Go ahead and plant. I just did and as long as your still having some

cold weather it will grow great.

~B

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 17:34 +0000, krys05 wrote:

> I missed the posting on sprouting garlic Im in western ny is it to

> late to plant now? Could you send me the information. Thank you Krys

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello Gabriele,I am so sorry its taken me so long to reply to your message here, I have severe fibromyalgia and have been so sick this week... Anyway, to answer your question here is what Ive learned. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me privately OR on the group. Thanks.GarlicGarlic is one of the most loved tools in all healing. I use it best this way.You can cut a small piece and mince it with your fingernail then rub it on the arches of the feet of anyone who is over tired or not feeling well. I like to juice a large batch of garlic and then put the pulp and juice together in a covered container, add some lemon juice and olive oil and mix well. I can keep this in the fridge for a very long time. I will use a knife to pick up some juice and rub the arches of my feet or someone else's feet. What this does is it takes the garlic directly into the blood stream and boosts the immune system. I use it even for a quick pick-me-up when I didn't get enough sleep and I need to be refreshed. Garlic thins the blood so the oxygen will reach your brain quickly and revive you. Take two or three cloves of garlic, minced and cover them with three to five cups of water then simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Strain and drink this water. You can do this as often as you like. The garlic cloves can be eaten or used in a recipe.For young children be careful not to over do it. Rub some olive oil or our or your own body lotion on the child's skin first to prevent skin irritation. This is the most natural and safe way to bring the body into perfect health. As for the garlic water use only as long as you can see that it is not irritating the child's stomach.NOTE: Garlic is a blood thinner so if you have low blood pressure you should talk to your health practitioner before using this technique or any other program.The BEST way to use the Simmering Garlic Tea and being ABLE to tolerate it is, Using this Garlic Tea as the BASE to another Tea. A detox tea is ALWAYS wonderful to use when your ill for any reason. It REALLY Masks the taste of the Garlic, and your getting the wonderful properties of more than one herb without much effort. Here's a good example of what Detox Tea I use, AND mask for the Simmered Garlic Tea: http://www.simpliessential.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24 & products_id=53* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *~Blessings from *Shawna*Simpli Essential - Natural Health for the Whole FamilyAwesome Disabled Moms - Website.  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-"gabriele" <gcliburn"Herbal Remedies" <herbal remedies >Saturday, January 3, 2009 6:18:33 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada PacificRe: {Herbal Remedies} Re: GARLIC

garlic BROTH ???

could you explain the recipie please ????

i have a general idea , but would like to confirm my fuzzy thinking .

THANKs !!!  

MARANATHA !

gabriele

gcliburn

Guest guest

Eating some parsley can neutralize bad breath of any kind. For onions and Garlic, you may neeed to eat more then one string of parsley.

Robert

--- On Tue, 1/20/09, joulu24 <joulu24 wrote:

joulu24 <joulu24{Herbal Remedies} Garlicherbal remedies Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 1:04 PM

My husband keeps complaining about my breath after I eat raw garlic.Does anyone have a trick for taking away the smell?---Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the

List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington! Groups Links<*> herbal remedies/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: herbal remedies/join ( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: herbal remedies-digest herbal remedies-fullfeatured <*>

Guest guest

If you chew on some parsley, it is supposed to take the odor away.

Diane

A VETERAN

Whether on active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone who,

at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to " The United

States of America, " for an amount of " up to and including my life. "

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no

longer understand it.

Author unknown.

-

" joulu24 " <joulu24

<herbal remedies >

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:04 PM

{Herbal Remedies} Garlic

> My husband keeps complaining about my breath after I eat raw garlic.

> Does anyone have a trick for taking away the smell?

>

>

> ---

>

> Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural

remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and

to

> prescribe for your own health.

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long

as

> they behave themselves.

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any

person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from

list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and

members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington! Groups Links

>

>

>

----------

----

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1905 - Release 1/20/2009

2:34 PM

Guest guest

I don't think you will be able to totally eliminate the problem (unless you can get him to eat raw garlic,too!), but perhaps if you munched on some fresh parsley afterwards..... :)

LoriSchooling is not education, and education is not schooling~John Taylor Gatto

herbal remedies From: joulu24Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:04:07 +0000{Herbal Remedies} Garlic

My husband keeps complaining about my breath after I eat raw garlic.Does anyone have a trick for taking away the smell? Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail. See how it works.

Guest guest

Eat more!!! Do a cleanse because Garlic + Toxins = Stink. If you are

clean.... eating Garlic will not make you stink.

~B

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 19:04 +0000, joulu24 wrote:

> My husband keeps complaining about my breath after I eat raw garlic.

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I agree 100%. My wife and I eat raw crushed and diced garlic every evening with our meal. I've never had any of my clients say that they could smell garlic on me. I've asked several people and no one smells the garlic! I'm a massage therapist in Tampa and if I stunk I'm sure someone would have said something.

Rick

-

Bryan Shillington

herbal remedies

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:02 PM

Re: {Herbal Remedies} Garlic

Eat more!!! Do a cleanse because Garlic + Toxins = Stink. If you areclean.... eating Garlic will not make you stink.~BOn Tue, 2009-01-20 at 19:04 +0000, joulu24 wrote:> My husband keeps complaining about my breath after I eat raw garlic.> Does anyone have a trick for taking away the smell?> > > > >

Guest guest

herbal remedies , " Rick Burgess "

<lburgess13 wrote:

>

> I agree 100%. My wife and I eat raw crushed and diced garlic every

evening with our meal. I've never had any of my clients say that they

could smell garlic on me. I've asked several people and no one smells

the garlic! I'm a massage therapist in Tampa and if I stunk I'm sure

someone would have said something.

>

> Rick

>

>

> -

> Bryan Shillington

> herbal remedies

Dr Christopher says that sucking on a 'clove' (the spice 'clove') not

a clove of garlic with take the smell away. He was an iridologist and

came in close contact with patients after eating garlic for lunch.

When he had a 'clove' in his mouth he reports they could not smell the

garlic.

Might be worth a try.

> Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:02 PM

> Re: {Herbal Remedies} Garlic

>

>

> Eat more!!! Do a cleanse because Garlic + Toxins = Stink. If you are

> clean.... eating Garlic will not make you stink.

>

> ~B

>

> On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 19:04 +0000, joulu24 wrote:

> > My husband keeps complaining about my breath after I eat raw garlic.

> > Does anyone have a trick for taking away the smell?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Dianne,

Just a quick note to let you know I love your definition of "Veteran".

Now if we could only get some decent leadership in this country so our

vets lives weren't wasted on carrying out the greedy agendas of the

Giant Multinational Corporations and power hungry incompetent political

hacks.

Yours in Knowledge, Health and Freedom,

Doc

Diane Mackey wrote:

If you chew on some parsley, it is supposed to take the odor away.

Diane

A VETERAN

Whether on active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone

who,

at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The

United

States of America, " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no

longer understand it.

Author unknown.

-

"joulu24" <joulu24 >

<herbal remedies >

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:04 PM

{Herbal Remedies} Garlic

> My husband keeps complaining about my breath after I eat raw

garlic.

>

>

> ---

>

> Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any

natural

remedy.

> 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own

physician and

to

> prescribe for your own health.

> We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here

as long

as

> they behave themselves.

> Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and

any

person

> following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own

risk.

> It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or

products from

list members, you are agreeing to

> be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner

and

members free of any liability.

>

> Dr. Ian Shillington

> Doctor of Naturopathy

> Dr.IanShillington (AT) GilaNet (DOT) comYahoo!

Groups Links

>

>

>

-------------------------

----

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.10/1905 - Release Date:

1/20/2009

2:34 PM

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Guest guest

Hey Gabby,

Just take a clove and plant it in the ground, tip side up, and you'll

get a new plant.

Best,

Doc

gabriele wrote:

forget the braid .... i just would like to know how to start to

grow

garlic .

we really did it this year and planted about 1/4 th of an acre for a

arden .... more or less .... as i am still putting stuff / seeds in the

ground and have plenty of buckets full of plants as well .... husband

planted onion SEEEDS and they all grew up to be about 1 inch and then

keeled over , aka died . then i went and got onion sets and MY onions

are doing very well !!!

sooo how about tthat garlic ??? we eat a lot , and i have a few bare

spots where i could stuff some

thanks !!

gab

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Guest guest

Great were planting garden so will do this..thanks again,,bj--- On Tue, 4/28/09, Ian <docshillington wrote:

Ian <docshillingtonRe: {Herbal Remedies} garlicherbal remedies Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 5:51 PM

Hey Gabby,Just take a clove and plant it in the ground, tip side up, and you'll get a new plant.Best,Docgabriele wrote:

forget the braid .... i just would like to know how to start to grow garlic .we really did it this year and planted about 1/4 th of an acre for a arden .... more or less .... as i am still putting stuff / seeds in the ground and have plenty of buckets full of plants as well .... husband planted onion SEEEDS and they all grew up to be about 1 inch and then keeled over , aka died . then i went and got onion sets and MY onions are doing very well !!!sooo how about tthat garlic ??? we eat a lot , and i have a few bare spots where i could stuff somethanks !!gab

Guest guest

US: New testing method hints at garlic's cancer-fighting potential

Researchers have designed a urine test that can simultaneously measure the

extent of a potential carcinogenic process and a marker of garlic consumption in

humans.

In a small pilot study, the test suggested that the more garlic people consumed,

the lower the levels of the potential carcinogenic process were.

The research is all about body processes associated with nitrogen-containing

compounds,scientists say. These processes include nitrosation, or the conversion

of some substances found in foods or contaminated water into carcinogens.

“What we were after was developing a method where we could measure in urine

two

different compounds, one related to the risk for cancer, and the other, which

indicates the extent of consumption of garlic,†said Earl Harrison, Dean’s

Distinguished Professor of Human Nutrition at Ohio State, an investigator in

Ohio State University’s Comprehensive Cancer Center, and senior author of the

study.

“Our results showed that those were inversely related to one another –

meaning that the more we had the marker for garlic consumption, the less there

was of the marker for the risk of cancer.â€

Ultimately, the scientists hope to find that a nutritional intervention could be

a way to stop the process that develops these carcinogens. This process is most

commonly initiated by exposure to substances called nitrates from certain

processed meats or high-heat food preparation practices, or to water

contaminated by industry or agricultural runoff.

Source: healthcanal.com

Publication date: 3/1/2010