IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Garlic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well I don't want this to sound wrong...because it is not meant that way...but I live in an area where there are a lot of mexican people...they come here for the vegetable harvesting season and then go back to Texas...basically they are migrants...

But I know that because of this...we have a lot of things that other areas would not have...because the mexican people have a way of cooking that uses parts of the meat that is very different than what we are accustomed to. I know that the stores make a great effort to make available a lot of the ingredients that they require in their cooking, which of course is fine with me because I am personally benefitting from it!! lol Plus I think I was Mexican in another life...because I just adore Mexican food and the hotter the better! lol

Caroline

-

Sylvia

herbal remedies

Thursday, April 29, 2004 9:35 PM

Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic

That is a good idea, i'll have to ask the local meat market if they keep that stuff after they cut all the meat off (which is why they have those parts I am guessing).But $6 a case sounds like an awesome deal.Sylviaherbal remedies , "Caroline" <ladyguinevere@e...> wrote:> I get mine at our local meat market. The guy carries the strangest of things! lol I can get turkey necks...and he cuts them down into smaller sizes so that I can feed them to my little girl...and chicken backs...and chicken necks...and pork neck bones and beef neck bones...I often will buy marrow bones...and after the dogs eat the marrow out of them...I'll re pack them with a mixture of ground beef and ground vegetables...usually I freeze these so that they have as much of a time getting out the goodies as they did getting the marrow out.> > Honestly, until I started feeding my dog raw I didn't know you could actually buy that kind of stuff. I actually never paid attention to the meat counters at the stores because I have never been much of a meat eater...but after I started looking...it was amazing to me what actually comes pre packaged in the store! lol> > Caroline> - > zeb@A... > herbal remedies > Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:58 PM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic> > > Where do you get that stuff?> > Zeb> - > Caroline > herbal remedies > Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:55 PM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic> > > This is only true of cooked chicken and turkey. The bones are brittle and can cut them if they are cooked. Raw is not at all the same and they can have as much of it as possible. The only problem with chicken and turkey is that too much of it can be very fatty for them...especially with the skin on. That is the ONLY downfall to feeding raw chicken. I can get a whole case of chicken backs for $6...that is 30 lbs of chicken backs. If I had a big freezer that would be great...but I don't, cause I wouldn't want to give them more than one per day because that is a very fatty piece of chicken. > > Sorry...just rambling...lol> Caroline> - > Rasberry4000@a... > herbal remedies > Thursday, April 29, 2004 5:48 PM> Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic> > > In a message dated 4/29/2004 5:25:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, irishfox@l... writes:> Basically, everything I feed to my dogs is RAW meat and Bones. Chicken: > wings, backs, necks, gizzards, livers - Any type of beef where the bones > are edible, like ox tails or short ribs, beef liver, kidneys and hearts > Bison but not on bones, Pork neck bones, pork liver, turkey necks, green > tripe (unbleached), raw organic eggs from free range chickens, whole > milk yogurt, garlic, fish body oils (daily), vit E, bee pollen. > Obviously I don't feed all of these things every day but do try for > variety.> My dogs have wonderfully clean teeth and fresh sweet breath and never > have to have their teeth cleaned.> Anne> You know that chicken and turkey bones are no good and can cause damage to them right? These are not editable bones.> > Samantha> > > > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to> prescribe for your own health. > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as > they behave themselves. > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. > > Dr. Ian Shillington> Doctor of Naturopathy> Dr.IanShillington@G... > > > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to> prescribe for your own health. > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as > they behave themselves. > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. > > Dr. Ian Shillington> Doctor of Naturopathy> Dr.IanShillington@G... > > > > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and to> prescribe for your own health. > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as > they behave themselves. > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. > > Dr. Ian Shillington> Doctor of Naturopathy> Dr.IanShillington@G... > > > > >

Guest guest

Awesome. Remember that hormones in meats also affect our pets as well. But now I will start looking around.

Love,

Zeb

-

Caroline

herbal remedies

Thursday, April 29, 2004 9:31 PM

I get mine at our local meat market. The guy carries the strangest of things! lol I can get turkey necks...and he cuts them down into smaller sizes so that I can feed them to my little girl...and chicken backs...and chicken necks...and pork neck bones and beef neck bones...I often will buy marrow bones...and after the dogs eat the marrow out of them...I'll re pack them with a mixture of ground beef and ground vegetables...usually I freeze these so that they have as much of a time getting out the goodies as they did getting the marrow out.

Honestly, until I started feeding my dog raw I didn't know you could actually buy that kind of stuff. I actually never paid attention to the meat counters at the stores because I have never been much of a meat eater...but after I started looking...it was amazing to me what actually comes pre packaged in the store! lol

Caroline

-

zeb

herbal remedies

Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:58 PM

Where do you get that stuff?

Zeb

-

Caroline

herbal remedies

Thursday, April 29, 2004 8:55 PM

This is only true of cooked chicken and turkey. The bones are brittle and can cut them if they are cooked. Raw is not at all the same and they can have as much of it as possible. The only problem with chicken and turkey is that too much of it can be very fatty for them...especially with the skin on. That is the ONLY downfall to feeding raw chicken. I can get a whole case of chicken backs for $6...that is 30 lbs of chicken backs. If I had a big freezer that would be great...but I don't, cause I wouldn't want to give them more than one per day because that is a very fatty piece of chicken.

Sorry...just rambling...lol

Caroline

-

Rasberry4000

herbal remedies

Thursday, April 29, 2004 5:48 PM

In a message dated 4/29/2004 5:25:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, irishfox writes:

Basically, everything I feed to my dogs is RAW meat and Bones. Chicken: wings, backs, necks, gizzards, livers - Any type of beef where the bones are edible, like ox tails or short ribs, beef liver, kidneys and hearts Bison but not on bones, Pork neck bones, pork liver, turkey necks, green tripe (unbleached), raw organic eggs from free range chickens, whole milk yogurt, garlic, fish body oils (daily), vit E, bee pollen. Obviously I don't feed all of these things every day but do try for variety.My dogs have wonderfully clean teeth and fresh sweet breath and never have to have their teeth cleaned.Anne

You know that chicken and turkey bones are no good and can cause damage to them right? These are not editable bones.

Samantha

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Well just to keep things in perspective, it doesnt have to be really

expensive to at least feed them better until you can feed them raw.

What i mean by this is, that there alot a lot of things we can do to

supplement a kibble based diet.

When there is no wet food for puppy (Matoh) i give him pulp from

juicing, mixed with raw egg, a tblspoon of cod liver oil, some

garlic. I had too many sunflower sprouts earlier this week and they

were going green, so I ate as many as possible for lunch yesterday

and gave him the other half, mixed with some raw egg...he ate them up!

So if we are all eating healthy, why not share a little of our " clean

food " with our pets?

Sylvia

herbal remedies , " Caroline "

<ladyguinevere@e...> wrote:

> Your exactly right...it is amazing to me the difference in my dogs

from what they were when I just couldn't afford to feed them properly

and bought the cheap dog food to now...since I am back on my feet and

able to treat them properly again! My poor big boy just has had the

roughest time of it...which his skin condition and all...and putting

him back on raw has done the most amazing things! In a matter of a

month and a half...since I moved and put him back on his raw

diet...the skin on his back has stopped flaking and he has hair there

again. That says an awful lot to me about how good it is!

>

> Caroline

> -

> Sylvia

> herbal remedies

> Thursday, April 29, 2004 9:25 PM

> Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic

>

>

> Oh trust me he gets lots of other bones...Any time i make meat

for

> hubby he gets any bone that is attached and sometimes i buy a

neck

> bone just for him. He's easily big enough to chew on anything

> (INCLUDING MY HOUSE!) he's 8months old and approx 90lbs!

>

> He does eat commercial kibble (pet store stuff not grocery store

> stuff) but we try to buy the kind that has meat as the first

> ingredient. I can easily say that the quality of food he gets

makes

> a huge diference. We adpoted him from a local pet assisatnce

league

> and one of the gals that runs it kept his sister. While males

are

> normally a bit bigger than the female species, he is twice the

size

> and has a fabulous coat. We're sure it is due to all the extra

stuff

> we give him like garlic, carrot, toher veggies, fruit on ocassion

> and " parts " .

>

> Sylvia

> herbal remedies , " Caroline "

> <ladyguinevere@e...> wrote:

> > Sylvia,

> >

> > Give puppy a whole neck bone...guaranteed he'll eat it JUST

fine.

> As long as he is old enough to be able to have the teeth to do so

at

> least! lol

> >

> > Caroline

> > -

> > Sylvia

> > herbal remedies

> > Thursday, April 29, 2004 9:02 PM

> > Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic

> >

> >

> > Someone posted a month or so back about the raw cat-food and

she

> > added bones to her cat-food mixture. Just have to grind them

> up.

> > They are a good source of nutrients.

> >

> > We sometimes give processed neck bones to puppy, but mind you

> these

> > have been run through the blender with some broth and

gizzards

> and we

> > make sure there are no " chunks " or sharp pieces, it's

basically a

> > puppy pate'. he loves this mixture!

> >

> > Sylvia

> >

> >

> > herbal remedies , <zeb@A...> wrote:

> > > They are edible when uncooked. Only reason they ever say

they

> are

> > not edible is they shatter when dogs eat them. Sometimes

after

> they

> > have shattered they puncture the dogs throat or esophagus.

So

> cooked

> > poultry bones are dangerous only.

> > >

> > > Zeb

> > > -

> > > Rasberry4000@a...

> > > herbal remedies

> > > Thursday, April 29, 2004 5:48 PM

> > > Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic

> > >

> > >

> > > In a message dated 4/29/2004 5:25:32 PM Eastern Daylight

> Time,

> > irishfox@l... writes:

> > > Basically, everything I feed to my dogs is RAW meat and

> Bones.

> > Chicken:

> > > wings, backs, necks, gizzards, livers - Any type of

beef

> where

> > the bones

> > > are edible, like ox tails or short ribs, beef liver,

> kidneys

> > and hearts

> > > Bison but not on bones, Pork neck bones, pork liver,

turkey

> > necks, green

> > > tripe (unbleached), raw organic eggs from free range

> chickens,

> > whole

> > > milk yogurt, garlic, fish body oils (daily), vit E, bee

> pollen.

> > > Obviously I don't feed all of these things every day

but do

> try

> > for

> > > variety.

> > > My dogs have wonderfully clean teeth and fresh sweet

breath

> and

> > never

> > > have to have their teeth cleaned.

> > > Anne

> > > You know that chicken and turkey bones are no good and

can

> cause

> > damage to them right? These are not editable bones.

> > >

> > > Samantha

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following:

> > > 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire.

> > > 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before

using

> any

> > natural remedy.

> > > 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your

own

> > physician and to

> > > prescribe for your own health.

> > > We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to

> here

> > as long as

> > > they behave themselves.

> > > Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly

that,

> and

> > any person

> > > following the advice of anyone posting here does so at

their

> own

> > risk.

> > > It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice

or

> > products from list members, you are agreeing to

> > > be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the

List

> Owner

> > and members free of any liability.

> > >

> > > Dr. Ian Shillington

> > > Doctor of Naturopathy

> > > Dr.IanShillington@G...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---------------------------

----

> ----

> > ----------

> > >

Guest guest

The slivers can also cause damage in the bowels of animals. That is one of the reasons that rawhide chews are so bad. They flake into pieces, and can get lodged in the digestive tract somewhere, and cause damage that may take surgery to correct.

Johnzeb wrote:

They are edible when uncooked. Only reason they ever say they are not edible is they shatter when dogs eat them. Sometimes after they have shattered they puncture the dogs throat or esophagus. So cooked poultry bones are dangerous only.

Zeb

Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at HotJobs

Guest guest

Yeah, I was thinking about what a great soup stock that would make!!

JohnSylvia <h10feet wrote:

That is a good idea, i'll have to ask the local meat market if they keep that stuff after they cut all the meat off (which is why they have those parts I am guessing).But $6 a case sounds like an awesome deal.Sylvia

Guest guest

Welcome to the dark side!

Obi-JohnCaroline <ladyguinevere wrote:

Plus I think I was Mexican in another life...because I just adore Mexican food and the hotter the better! lol

Caroline

Guest guest

To all those posting about dogs and pet food, the posts are greatly appreciated!! We may be getting a puppy soon, haven't had one since I was a kid in my parent's house. So I am gleaning all that I can! Again, thanks!!

JohnSylvia <h10feet wrote:

Well just to keep things in perspective, it doesnt have to be really expensive to at least feed them better until you can feed them raw.What i mean by this is, that there alot a lot of things we can do to supplement a kibble based diet.When there is no wet food for puppy (Matoh) i give him pulp from juicing, mixed with raw egg, a tblspoon of cod liver oil, some garlic. I had too many sunflower sprouts earlier this week and they were going green, so I ate as many as possible for lunch yesterday and gave him the other half, mixed with some raw egg...he ate them up!So if we are all eating healthy, why not share a little of our "clean food" with our pets?Sylvia

Guest guest

John,

I have lived there for a very long time...lol

My husband was a big hot stuff person. He actually would take habanero peppers and put them in vinegar...and let them soak...pickle I guess it is called...he would then just eat them right out of the jar. I remember one time one of the guys at the construction site where I used to work got really smart with me about how much hot stuff he could handle...and that my husband couldn't possibly eat hotter stuff than he could...(course keep in mind...my husband was a very big man...6'4" - 280 lbs of solid man...and this other guy was little...5'10 maybe...and probably 150 soaking wet...lol)...so I brought him in a few of my husbands special habanero peppers...I'm sure you can just imagine his reaction to eating one. It was quite hilarious I must say...and he never mentioned it again...lol...

So I guess I had married the man of my dreams! lol But anyway...I did get very accustomed to eating spicy foods...and just love it. My son did not adjust as quickly but is very much adjusting now that he is a bit older. He is now truly appreciating some good old habanero and jalapeno's...:o)

Caroline

-

John Ybarra

herbal remedies

Friday, April 30, 2004 9:08 AM

Welcome to the dark side!

Obi-JohnCaroline <ladyguinevere wrote:

Plus I think I was Mexican in another life...because I just adore Mexican food and the hotter the better! lol

Caroline

Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at HotJobs Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

No dog food!?! What do you feed them?

Candace

-

Anne Bird

herbal remedies

Thursday, April 29, 2004 4:21 AM

Herbal Remedies - Garlic

One thing about worms/parasites in canines or humans is: Parasites do not like healthy animals and do not survive.Dogs fed a species approrpiate diet do not have worms, fleas or ticks. The pups are born without parasites and remain free as long as the diet is correct - ie:NO commercial dog food.I have my pups tested 2x by the state vets (read they miss nothing) and they are always parasite free. To my dog's and pup's Raw food diet, I add fresh pressed garlic several times a week. I have not had any parasites here since 1998.I live in Virginia where there are tons of fleas, etc., yet my dogs never have any, no worms and only an occasional tick.AnneVA USAFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

This is awesome advice Anne.

Thanks so much.

Love,

Doc

Ian "Doc" Shillington N.D.727-738-0554Doc

-

Anne Bird

Herbal

Thursday, April 29, 2004 5:20 PM

Herbal Remedies - Garlic

>>>Re: Garlic>>What foods do you feed to your dogs????????????>Love,>Doc>Basically, everything I feed to my dogs is RAW meat and Bones. Chicken: wings, backs, necks, gizzards, livers - Any type of beef where the bones are edible, like ox tails or short ribs, beef liver, kidneys and hearts Bison but not on bones, Pork neck bones, pork liver, turkey necks, green tripe (unbleached), raw organic eggs from free range chickens, whole milk yogurt, garlic, fish body oils (daily), vit E, bee pollen. Obviously I don't feed all of these things every day but do try for variety.My dogs have wonderfully clean teeth and fresh sweet breath and never have to have their teeth cleaned.AnneVA USAFederal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

I personally think tinctured.

Zeb

-

Candace Podratz

herbal remedies

Wednesday, May 05, 2004 11:37 PM

Herbal Remedies - Garlic

If I preserve my garlic, which way to you guys/gals think would be the best....tincture or dehydrated?

Which is more nutritious, or are they both good?

Candace Everything will turn out well in the end. If things are not well now, then it is not yet the end.Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

I don't know if it's fully digested, but have used this method of taking garlic myself and for my son, and it definitely works, so it sure takes all the good stuff out of the garlic that the body needs!!

love

Lisa

-

tempo33x

herbal remedies

Monday, August 22, 2005 3:21 AM

Herbal Remedies - Garlic

Doc, are you sure Garlic in it's solid form, dipped in oil, will be digested?

Guest guest

That is a good questions because, I have used this method and seen the garlic chunks in my waste.

But I think what Lisa says is right in that the body absorbs what it needs from the garlic and discards the rest

herbal remedies [herbal remedies ]On Behalf Of tempo33xSunday, August 21, 2005 10:22 PMherbal remedies Subject: Herbal Remedies - GarlicDoc, are you sure Garlic in it's solid form, dipped in oil, will be digested?

Guest guest

I answered this somewhat in one of my earlier comms, but to get specific, this is why you need to cut a clove in half lengthwise with the grain. Some people with sensitive digestive systems can't digest through the tough skin of a clove of garlic. You have to cut it in half and expose the entire inside of the clove to the gastric juices. This action will also release the enzymes in the garlic so that you get help from the garlic itself so that it aids in its own digestion.

Garlic is acidic in nature (sulphuric acid), but is alkaline ash. When the acid from garlic hit the duodenum this stimulates the gallbladder to produce bile (alkaline / base), and digestion will take place. The Olive Oil also stimulates the gall bladder and the Liver to produce bile. If the garlic is not cut up there is a good chance that the skin will protect it through the stomach and the duodenum and therefore it doesn't get digested and can come out whole as has been witnessed by many. Any time that Garlic is used as a suppository, it should also be cut in half! This way it is assimilated directly into the bowel = very powerful used this way.

Sooooooooooo, it is imperative that you cut your garlic in half with the grain. ;-)

In Health and Love,

Doc

Doc Shillington727-447-5282Doc

-

tempo33x

herbal remedies

Sunday, August 21, 2005 10:21 PM

Herbal Remedies - Garlic

Guest guest

Doc,

Do you mean for people to take a whole half of it, just swallow it whole, instead of chopping it up into many pieces?

Lane

herbal remedies [herbal remedies ]On Behalf Of Dr. Ian ShillingtonThursday, August 25, 2005 5:53 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic

I answered this somewhat in one of my earlier comms, but to get specific, this is why you need to cut a clove in half lengthwise with the grain. Some people with sensitive digestive systems can't digest through the tough skin of a clove of garlic. You have to cut it in half and expose the entire inside of the clove to the gastric juices. This action will also release the enzymes in the garlic so that you get help from the garlic itself so that it aids in its own digestion.

Garlic is acidic in nature (sulphuric acid), but is alkaline ash. When the acid from garlic hit the duodenum this stimulates the gallbladder to produce bile (alkaline / base), and digestion will take place. The Olive Oil also stimulates the gall bladder and the Liver to produce bile. If the garlic is not cut up there is a good chance that the skin will protect it through the stomach and the duodenum and therefore it doesn't get digested and can come out whole as has been witnessed by many. Any time that Garlic is used as a suppository, it should also be cut in half! This way it is assimilated directly into the bowel = very powerful used this way.

Sooooooooooo, it is imperative that you cut your garlic in half with the grain. ;-)

In Health and Love,

Doc

-

tempo33x

herbal remedies

Herbal Remedies - Garlic

Guest guest

Hi Lane,

all he's saying is that you should not eat a clove of garlic whole, as your body may not be able to digest it. You should cut it lengthwise in half, dip it in olive oil, and then swallow.

Even half a clove was too much for me, so I cut that half in half again and took 1/4 bits several times. But if you're ok with taking half, then by all means do so.

love

Lisa

-

Lane Eddington

herbal remedies

Saturday, August 27, 2005 1:16 AM

RE: Herbal Remedies - Garlic

Doc,

Do you mean for people to take a whole half of it, just swallow it whole, instead of chopping it up into many pieces?

Lane

herbal remedies [herbal remedies ]On Behalf Of Dr. Ian ShillingtonThursday, August 25, 2005 5:53 PMherbal remedies Subject: Re: Herbal Remedies - Garlic

Guest guest

Either way is fine, as long as you don't try the whole clove by itself. You want to at least cut it in half, lenghtwise with the grain. The olive oil helps it to go down and to digest it.

Doc

-

Lane Eddington

herbal remedies

Friday, August 26, 2005 8:16 PM

RE: Herbal Remedies - Garlic

Doc,

Lane

In Health and Love,

Doc

-

tempo33x

herbal remedies

Herbal Remedies - Garlic

Guest guest

Here is one old Chinese recepi with garlic:

In 1971 UNESCO expedition found old recepi in one Tibetian Convent.

Take about 350 gr. 12oz.of clean garlic cloves (don't use metal knife for cleaning).

Smash it with pestle. Put in 300gr. - 10oz of 96% alchocol. Close tightly, and keep 10 days on cool place. Strain very good.

Take with 50gr. 1.7oz of good milk following the schedule:

Days Breakfast time Lunch Time Dinner time

1st 1 drop 2 drops 3 drops

2nd 4 drops 5 drops 6 drops

3rd 7 drops 8 drops 9 drops

4th 10 drops 11 drops 12 drops

5th 13 drops 14 drops 15 drops

6th 15 drops 14 drops 13 drops

7th 12 drops 11 drops 10 drops

8th 9 dorps 8 drops 7 drops

9th 6 drops 5 drops 4 drops

10th 3 drops 2 drops 1 drop

11th 25 drops 25 drops 25 drops

Continue with 25 drops three times a day till you use the whole amount of tincture.

You can repet this cure after five years.

Regards

Jasmina

Federal Law requires that we warn you of the following: 1. Natural methods can sometimes backfire. 2. If you are pregnant, consult your physician before using any natural remedy. 3. The Constitution guarantees you the right to be your own physician and toprescribe for your own health. We are not medical doctors although MDs are welcome to post here as long as they behave themselves. Any opinions put forth by the list members are exactly that, and any person following the advice of anyone posting here does so at their own risk. It is up to you to educate yourself. By accepting advice or products from list members, you are agreeing to be fully responsible for your own health, and hold the List Owner and members free of any liability. Dr. Ian ShillingtonDoctor of NaturopathyDr.IanShillington

Guest guest

Dear Kim,

This is why you want to cut the clove in half LENGTHWISE / WITH THE GRAIN. You can also cut it up into quarters if your digestion is that sensitive to it. This may sound a bit wierd, but you can also take a bit of raw Tuna (Sushi grade of course) just after the Garlic. This will stimulate your stomach into producing more HCL to aid in the digestion of the Garlic.

In Health and Love,

Doc

-

Kim

herbal remedies

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:09 AM

Herbal Remedies - Garlic

Yesterday I tried the raw garlic with olive oil and today I have undigested garlic in the toilet. I took the garlic about 20 hours ago. Is this normal?

Kim in FL

Guest guest

*** i have a HARD time doing oil straight . the idea alone nauseated me . andtrying to swallow those garic halves would just make me gag . any suggestions ??? MARANATHA ! ***

Gee whiz Maranatha, you need to get over it. This really works and you can pretend it's a piece of something you love to eat, just swallow it quickly. If you wait until you are ready to dip it in the olive oil it might work better for you. I've used organic cider or balsamic vinegar and oil to spruce up the taste a bit, but it all works good. The key here is good health because high blood pressure is not a good thing. Hope this helps. Love and light.

Micki

Guest guest

Hi Maranatha,

you can try a live juice drink with any veg of your choice, and add garlic to it. you do notice the garlic but not as much as swallow raw by itself.

love

Lisa

-

Micki

herbal remedies

Thursday, June 29, 2006 7:02 PM

Herbal Remedies - Re: Garlic

*** i have a HARD time doing oil straight . the idea alone nauseated me . andtrying to swallow those garic halves would just make me gag . any suggestions ??? MARANATHA ! ***

Gee whiz Maranatha, you need to get over it. This really works and you can pretend it's a piece of something you love to eat, just swallow it quickly. If you wait until you are ready to dip it in the olive oil it might work better for you. I've used organic cider or balsamic vinegar and oil to spruce up the taste a bit, but it all works good. The key here is good health because high blood pressure is not a good thing. Hope this helps. Love and light.

Micki

Guest guest

herbal remedies , " Micki " <micki_ wrote:

>

> *** i have a HARD time doing oil straight . the idea alone nauseated

me . and

> trying to swallow those garic halves would just make me gag .

>

> any suggestions ???

>

> MARANATHA ! ***

>

.....If you wait until you are ready to dip it in the olive oil it

might work better for you. I've used organic cider or balsamic vinegar

and oil to spruce up the taste a bit, but it all works good....

Hope this helps. Love and light.

>

> Micki

>

=========================================

My wife hates it too... she also has a problem swallowing any type of

pill, and the capsules for herbs are even worse because they float! So

I'll tell you what I told her that helped...

Any time you take anything down that you may have a hard time

swallowing, in this case chopped garlic in olive oil, as soon as it

touches your mouth, take in your water to drink with it and swallow in

large gulps - NOT like your trying to swallow something, NOT tipping

or jerking your head back like many people think they should do -

Rather, as if you are really thirsty. Just take a big, vigorous gulp

as if you are extremely thirsty, almost as if not even noticing you

are swallowing anything BUT the water... and I swear this works! It'll

all be down so easy and so fast you won't even notice :) I can swallow

as many as ten capsules in one swallow, or in relevance, about the

equivilant of 6 - 8 large garlic cloves in only about 4 or 5 spoonfuls

and one big glass of water. Both my wife and sister swore at first

that there was no way, but after I got them taking it down this way,

now they both swear by it (In both cases it helped wipe out a bad cold

in 24 hours).

Best Wishes!

Love and Blessings,

~Raaven

Guest guest

maranatha is a christian greeting ...

my name is gabriele , .... or for online purposes , i'll go by gab [ but thats because i am too darn lazy to write out the whole thing ] .

as to eating or swallowing , looking at the responses i am not the only one having problems with that . soo , i dont think i am going to get over it , i 'll just look for alternatives . i KNOW it works ! i am aware of that . but sometimes things just dont work out right .

but there is more than one way to skin a cat ... eventually i find some other way to get similar result .

MARANATHA !

gabriele

gcliburn

Micki

Guest guest

Hi---------who is Dr Beck and is there a link where we can read his opinion?

ThanksLove and Blessings,

Skylord

Prosperity Frequencies www.freewebs.com/skylord2

Mother Water www.freewebs.com/skylord1

FREE FREQUENCIES and INTENT experiments:

The Great Rolling Thunder Rain Experiment www.freewebs.com/skylord32

Dental Repair Experiment www.freewebs.com/skylord6

SAVE the BEES -join your intent with ours www.freewebs.com/skylord3 and

Keep our Herbs and vitamins LEGAL with INTENT! www.freewebs.com/skylord24

The Great Fuel Experiment! www.freewebs.com/skylord15 increase your gas mileage for free and clean the air at the same time-join your intent with ours.

FREE Broadcasts: YOU do the work to receive the frequencies to change your own frequencies from lack and unhappiness to Miracles, Abundance, Joy, Health and Forgiveness www.freewebs.com/skylord7

Bea Bernhausen <beabernhausen To: Subject: GarlicSat, 28 Jul 2007 12:56:44 -0700 (PDT)

Just wondering what the consensus is about garlic?

I always thought it was a wonder food but Dr. Beck (Beck's protocol) says it is very bad.

?????

Bea

Get the free toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place!

Guest guest

Dear Allene,

You definitely want to ensure you use the Olive Oil as I suggested, as

this makes it go down easier and you get less of the garlic reflux.

You can also have a piece of Ginger handy in case you do get nauseous,

and it will prevent "throw-up".

Start small and work up.

All the best,

Doc

Allene wrote:

I love

garlic—cooked. I can eat

large amounts of it in food or simply by itself roasted. But I am

having great

difficulty with raw garlic during the cleanse. It upsets my stomach

horribly,