IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Retrograde Planets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare krishna,

dear sreenathji,

I think all the basis of astrology is karma and its clearly mentioned in bhagavath gheetha.

Yes,all birth is outcome of some karmas and offcourse unfinished karmas,but i know some persons who has all the abilities in purticular field ,but because of fate or some pressures never make it in this life otherwise may be they can out smart all personalities in such field.May be in next birth this deep desire may show in the chart.,all the texts say that vakra graha has cheshtabala and equal to exaltation ,so in which areas of life it may show .Should be according to karakatwas and ownerships and placements.for example- S P Balasubramaniam ,who never learned classical music eventhough belongs to a parampara of musicians and now symbol of south indian classical music in movies atleast -because of him and his voice classical music re established its power,so from where may be he got the sidhi ,should be from past lives ,may be unfinished or un used karma phala

Even in physiognomy (face reading ) the vakra planets shows as some deficincy in purticular areas.These days of cosmetic surgery may hide many deficincies.

Otherwise which ever theorey we follow in vakratwa of planets ,whether fruitification of years or in nadi --they aspect from behind or chesta bala or any other they are all points to importance to some purticular areas in life,which may fruitify with some efforts .

i dont hav any major texts --all i hav is gurupadesa and some reading of general articles from various savants in astrology.With personal experience and anubhava ,i may use or reject it ,thats all.

Many of the major text were either corrupted or badly translated or parampara is holding the secrets.

We need to take a complete replicable theoreys,which may work atleast in 80% of charts.

Even sanskrit is a laungage sansritised(purified) from old indian mohenjadaro harappan (or saraswathy? ) laungage-which resembles to dravidian laungauges ,it was demostrated by one raman and discareded by burocracy of india as it may undermine many theoreys we keep now .(like the scrolls of dead seas-which is old bible-may be original) .

Many of the texts and shastras are translated to sanskrit and now like every thing is translating to english as it becomes a official laungage of the world .

All shastra india contributed --64 shastras from kamasutra to yoga sutra may be its origin in old indian laungage and then sanskritised as india has a undisturbed known history of atleast 10000 years ,even our neighboring china cannt boast of such a vast knowledge with continuous history .Let people say we imported all knowledge .Even kamasutra uses planets to while dealing with some situations-esp the movement of moon .I find all this shastras r inter related and contributing to each other --like a perfectly woven cloth .Whether ayurveda or manthra sastra or tantra

Otherwise the d-charts upto nadiamsas 7 planets and 2 chayagrahas and its upagrahas and more than 100 dasa sistems and with dasa phala and timing from trudi to manuantaras --4 yugas ,no where in world .(how can a duplicate outsmart originals ) -One man who has good connection with jesuit monasteries told me he has seen many texts in latin and hebrew of indian astrology --yes he can understand as he was brought up by monks and he himself is a scholar of vedic astology and sisya of sri K N Rao and a european by origin has a differrent profession .

This people may say katha sarith sagara or panchatantra stories-we duplicate arabs alf laila wa laila (1001 nights)

jaimini uses rasi dasas ,still people says we imported rasis from greece .

I am making it short .sorry for my scatterred thoughts

thanks sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

, "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Pandit ji,> Yes, I too feel like repeating your question. > > 1)Looking from Karma sidhanta point of view: we are here in this > planet in this condition only because of "some unfinished krama or > desires from past lives". As you rightly suggests (and I support) "If > there was no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved > moksha". Thus it becomes necessary to clarify what kind of Karma such > as Dridha-Dridhadridha-Adridha; but I don't think that would be > enough, because the Dridhadi division has nothing to do with such a > thought line. May be Ramdas ji, and Sunil ji can shed more light on > the same. [by the way, I will put my comments on the Mercury MD of > the mentioned chart in another mail]> > 2) There is another real question to be answered - Is Karma sidhanta > an orginal component of astrology? We don't have much reference to > Karma sidhanta in astrology texts prior to some tests like Leghu > Jataka that is ascribed to Mihira (but whose authership is not > certain). In Brihat Samhita Mihira wonders; some say that "Time" is > the root cause, some say that it is "Karma"; some "Swabhava (Nature > of the item)", some "Prakriti (Nature/Earth and environment)", > some "God" etc. The wonder `Who is right?' or `Which of these is > adopted by (or adobpted for) astrology?' is clearly visible. Normally > at the initial stages astrology was satisfied with the philosophy > of "Kala Purusha - Prakriti (Siva-Sakti)" combination itself I think. > The Karma Sidhanta seems to be an extra interpolation into this age-> old philosophy of astrology, possibly after the period of Mihira.> > I will appreciate your inputs on the same.> > P.S.: Dear Punditji, why don't you upload some of your good old > articles in the files section of the forum. We would all be pleased > to have such a recourse available to us.> > Love,> Sreenadh > > > , Panditji > navagraha@ wrote:> >> > Namaste,> > > > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there > was no> > unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you > suggesting> > that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > > > ...> > > > > > On 6/28/07, sunil nair astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > >> > > Hare krishna,> > >> > > dear krishnaji,> > >> > > As far as retro planets are concerned i also > support> > > the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from > past lives> > > ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with > other> > > textual references> > >> > > mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes > an> > > exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her .> > >> > > rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might > giv her> > > good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> > > educational pursuits .> > >> > > Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath > and> > > others> > >> > > regrds sunil nair> > >> > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> > >> > >> > > , Krishnamurthy > Seetharama> > > <krishna_1998@> wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sreenadh,> > > >> > > > You said:> > > >> > > > "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> > > > is not dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > > >> > > > Well, my daughter has three planets retrograde. She is about 17> > > > years now. And, I don't see any problems with dependability so> > > > far. I am just giving you a data point.> > > >> > > > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I> > > > always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I> > > > don't understand the correct effect of a planet being> > > > retrograde. Dr. Charak, in his book, says that retrograde> > > > planets cause health problems.> > > >> > > > Here are the birth details:> > > >> > > > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> > > > TOB: 20:35> > > > POB: Bangalore> > > >> > > > I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> > > > Mercury being one of the retrograde planets.> > > >> > > > I look forward to your comments, hoping that you won't consider> > > > my request as a chart reading request.> > > >> > > > Regards,> > > > Krishna> > > >> > > > --- Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > >> > > > > Dear Kannan ji,> > > > > Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said in> > > > > Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give the> > > > > result of> > > > > exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per texts> > > > > like> > > > > Saravali-> > > > > * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > > > > on a> > > > > sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > > > > * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer for> > > > > long, and> > > > > will have to undertake hard effort even for small benefits and> > > > > the> > > > > results would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > > > > Dasa> > > > > they will materialize.> > > > >> > > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, and malefics in> > > > > retrograde is bad.> > > > >> > > > > Thinking astronomically retrograde is just our assumption and> > > > > it> > > > > never happens. i.e the planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > >> > > > > * for outer planets since the angle covered by earth> > > > > (compared to> > > > > that planet) is more and we will feel that the planet is in> > > > > retrograde.> > > > > * For inner planets when the planet orbits sun (since the> > > > > earth's> > > > > orbit is bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > > > > that they> > > > > are in retrograde.> > > > > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may fail to> > > > > reflect> > > > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is better to> > > > > understand> > > > > the same]> > > > >> > > > > In the ancient texts apart from occasional reference we don't> > > > > find> > > > > many slokas that are attributed to the discussion of> > > > > retrograde> > > > > motion. They some how seems to be satisfied with the general> > > > > statement, retrograde is good for good planets and bad for> > > > > bad.> > > > > Slokas that describe the retrograde results of individual> > > > > planets are> > > > > neither available nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > > > > too> > > > > much special importance to it.> > > > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally indicate the> > > > > presence of> > > > > too much opposing conditions in the said mans life, which he> > > > > would> > > > > have to over come. But the same also indicate that at the end> > > > > he will> > > > > be rewarded with success, even though delayed. Too many> > > > > planets in> > > > > retrograde may also indicate that the man is not dependable> > > > > (this> > > > > statement lacks textual support)> > > > > Love,> > > > > Sreenadh> > > > >> > > > > , "kankan_73"> > > > > kankan_73@ wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > >> > > > > > I would like to know something about Retrograde Planets and> > > > > their> > > > > > effects in one's life.> > > > > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are> > > > > retrograde. Is> > > > > there> > > > > > anything special in this. What they signify. Particularly> > > > > what is> > > > > the> > > > > > result when Lagna Lord itself is retrograde. I have heard> > > > > some> > > > > > theories like Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like> > > > > debilitated> > > > > > and vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > > > > Kindly give your views.> > > > > >> > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > > > > Kannan> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ____________________> ______________> > > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now > (it's> > > updated for today's economy) at Games.> > > > http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow> > > >> > >> > > > > >> >>

Guest guest

Namaskar,

I want to add here my details, I have Capricon Lagan with Lagan lord

in 7th house and Su, Ju, Ma and Mercury in 9th house. Mercury is

vakrai and i check it wud become margi on 1-Oct-1976 after 13 days of

my birth. My details 17-Sep-1976, 16.05, delhi.

If i compare myself with my friends then i m not in good position in

any field of life. But I m in good position if compare myself with

others.

and i have completed 30 yrs of my life.

Regards

Vikas

, " sunil nair "

<astro_tellerkerala wrote:

>

>

> Hare krishna,

>

> dear sreenathji,

>

> I think all the basis of astrology is karma and

its

> clearly mentioned in bhagavath gheetha.

>

> Yes,all birth is outcome of some karmas and offcourse unfinished

> karmas,but i know some persons who has all the abilities in

purticular

> field ,but because of fate or some pressures never make it in this

life

> otherwise may be they can out smart all personalities in such

field.May

> be in next birth this deep desire may show in the chart.,all the

texts

> say that vakra graha has cheshtabala and equal to exaltation ,so in

> which areas of life it may show .Should be according to karakatwas

and

> ownerships and placements.

> for example- S P Balasubramaniam ,who never learned classical music

> eventhough belongs to a parampara of musicians and now symbol of

south

> indian classical music in movies atleast -because of him and his

voice

> classical music re established its power,so from where may be he

got the

> sidhi ,should be from past lives ,may be unfinished or un used karma

> phala

>

> Even in physiognomy (face reading ) the vakra planets shows as

some

> deficincy in purticular areas.These days of cosmetic surgery may

hide

> many deficincies.

>

> Otherwise which ever theorey we follow in vakratwa of

planets ,whether

> fruitification of years or in nadi --they aspect from behind or

chesta

> bala or any other they are all points to importance to some

purticular

> areas in life,which may fruitify with some efforts .

>

> i dont hav any major texts --all i hav is gurupadesa and some

reading of

> general articles from various savants in astrology.With personal

> experience and anubhava ,i may use or reject it ,thats all.

>

> Many of the major text were either corrupted or badly translated or

> parampara is holding the secrets.

>

> We need to take a complete replicable theoreys,which may work

atleast

> in 80% of charts.

>

> Even sanskrit is a laungage sansritised(purified) from old indian

> mohenjadaro harappan (or saraswathy? ) laungage-which resembles to

> dravidian laungauges ,it was demostrated by one raman and

discareded by

> burocracy of india as it may undermine many theoreys we keep now .

(like

> the scrolls of dead seas-which is old bible-may be original) .

>

> Many of the texts and shastras are translated to sanskrit and now

> every thing is translating to english as it becomes a official

laungage

> of the world .

>

> All shastra india contributed --64 shastras from kamasutra to yoga

sutra

> may be its origin in old indian laungage and then sanskritised as

india

> has a undisturbed known history of atleast 10000 years ,even our

> neighboring china cannt boast of such a vast knowledge with

continuous

> history .Let people say we imported all knowledge .Even kamasutra

uses

> planets to while dealing with some situations-esp the movement of

moon

> .I find all this shastras r inter related and contributing to each

other

> --like a perfectly woven cloth .Whether ayurveda or manthra sastra

or

> tantra

>

> Otherwise the d-charts upto nadiamsas 7 planets and 2 chayagrahas

and

> its upagrahas and more than 100 dasa sistems and with dasa phala

and

> timing from trudi to manuantaras --4 yugas ,no where in world .(how

can

> a duplicate outsmart originals ) -One man who has good connection

with

> jesuit monasteries told me he has seen many texts in latin and

hebrew

> of indian astrology --yes he can understand as he was brought up by

> monks and he himself is a scholar of vedic astology and sisya of

sri K N

> Rao and a european by origin has a differrent profession .

>

> This people may say katha sarith sagara or panchatantra stories-

we

> duplicate arabs alf laila wa laila (1001 nights)

>

> jaimini uses rasi dasas ,still people says we imported rasis from

greece

> .

>

>

>

> I am making it short .sorry for my scatterred thoughts

>

> thanks sunil nair

>

> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

>

>

>

>

> , " Sreenadh "

> <sreesog@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Pandit ji,

> > Yes, I too feel like repeating your question.

> >

> > 1)Looking from Karma sidhanta point of view: we are here in this

> > planet in this condition only because of " some unfinished krama or

> > desires from past lives " . As you rightly suggests (and I

support) " If

> > there was no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved

> > moksha " . Thus it becomes necessary to clarify what kind of Karma

such

> > as Dridha-Dridhadridha-Adridha; but I don't think that would be

> > enough, because the Dridhadi division has nothing to do with such

a

> > thought line. May be Ramdas ji, and Sunil ji can shed more light

on

> > the same. [by the way, I will put my comments on the Mercury MD of

> > the mentioned chart in another mail]

> >

> > 2) There is another real question to be answered - Is Karma

sidhanta

> > an orginal component of astrology? We don't have much reference to

> > Karma sidhanta in astrology texts prior to some tests like Leghu

> > Jataka that is ascribed to Mihira (but whose authership is not

> > certain). In Brihat Samhita Mihira wonders; some say that " Time "

is

> > the root cause, some say that it is " Karma " ; some " Swabhava

(Nature

> > of the item) " , some " Prakriti (Nature/Earth and environment) " ,

> > some " God " etc. The wonder `Who is right?' or `Which of these is

> > adopted by (or adobpted for) astrology?' is clearly visible.

Normally

> > at the initial stages astrology was satisfied with the philosophy

> > of " Kala Purusha - Prakriti (Siva-Sakti) " combination itself I

think.

> > The Karma Sidhanta seems to be an extra interpolation into this

age-

> > old philosophy of astrology, possibly after the period of Mihira.

> >

> > I will appreciate your inputs on the same.

> >

> > P.S.: Dear Punditji, why don't you upload some of your good old

> > articles in the files section of the forum. We would all be

pleased

> > to have such a recourse available to us.

> >

> > Love,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> >

> > , Panditji

> > navagraha@ wrote:

> > >

> > > Namaste,

> > >

> > > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If

there

> > was no

> > > unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you

> > suggesting

> > > that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.

> > >

> > > ...

> > >

> > >

> > > On 6/28/07, sunil nair astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Hare krishna,

> > > >

> > > > dear krishnaji,

> > > >

> > > > As far as retro planets are concerned i also

> > support

> > > > the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires

from

> > past lives

> > > > ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along

with

> > other

> > > > textual references

> > > >

> > > > mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes

> > an

> > > > exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her .

> > > >

> > > > rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise

might

> > giv her

> > > > good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be

various

> > > > educational pursuits .

> > > >

> > > > Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from

sri .sreenath

> > and

> > > > others

> > > >

> > > > regrds sunil nair

> > > >

> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > , Krishnamurthy

> > Seetharama

> > > > <krishna_1998@> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Sreenadh,

> > > > >

> > > > > You said:

> > > > >

> > > > > " Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the

man

> > > > > is not dependable (this statement lacks textual support) "

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, my daughter has three planets retrograde. She is

about 17

> > > > > years now. And, I don't see any problems with dependability

so

> > > > > far. I am just giving you a data point.

> > > > >

> > > > > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I

> > > > > always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as

I

> > > > > don't understand the correct effect of a planet being

> > > > > retrograde. Dr. Charak, in his book, says that retrograde

> > > > > planets cause health problems.

> > > > >

> > > > > Here are the birth details:

> > > > >

> > > > > DOB: 11-Jan-1990

> > > > > TOB: 20:35

> > > > > POB: Bangalore

> > > > >

> > > > > I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,

> > > > > Mercury being one of the retrograde planets.

> > > > >

> > > > > I look forward to your comments, hoping that you won't

consider

> > > > > my request as a chart reading request.

> > > > >

> > > > > Regards,

> > > > > Krishna

> > > > >

> > > > > --- Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Kannan ji,

> > > > > > Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said in

> > > > > > Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give the

> > > > > > result of

> > > > > > exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per

texts

> > > > > > like

> > > > > > Saravali-

> > > > > > * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results

all

> > > > > > on a

> > > > > > sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.

> > > > > > * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer for

> > > > > > long, and

> > > > > > will have to undertake hard effort even for small

benefits and

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > results would be usually delayed. But of course at the

end of

> > > > > > Dasa

> > > > > > they will materialize.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, and malefics

in

> > > > > > retrograde is bad.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thinking astronomically retrograde is just our assumption

and

> > > > > > it

> > > > > > never happens. i.e the planet is always in direct motion

but -

> > > > > >

> > > > > > * for outer planets since the angle covered by earth

> > > > > > (compared to

> > > > > > that planet) is more and we will feel that the planet is

in

> > > > > > retrograde.

> > > > > > * For inner planets when the planet orbits sun (since the

> > > > > > earth's

> > > > > > orbit is bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling

> > > > > > that they

> > > > > > are in retrograde.

> > > > > > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may fail

to

> > > > > > reflect

> > > > > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is better to

> > > > > > understand

> > > > > > the same]

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In the ancient texts apart from occasional reference we

don't

> > > > > > find

> > > > > > many slokas that are attributed to the discussion of

> > > > > > retrograde

> > > > > > motion. They some how seems to be satisfied with the

general

> > > > > > statement, retrograde is good for good planets and bad for

> > > > > > bad.

> > > > > > Slokas that describe the retrograde results of individual

> > > > > > planets are

> > > > > > neither available nor the earlier scholars seems to

attribute

> > > > > > too

> > > > > > much special importance to it.

> > > > > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally indicate the

> > > > > > presence of

> > > > > > too much opposing conditions in the said mans life, which

he

> > > > > > would

> > > > > > have to over come. But the same also indicate that at the

end

> > > > > > he will

> > > > > > be rewarded with success, even though delayed. Too many

> > > > > > planets in

> > > > > > retrograde may also indicate that the man is not

dependable

> > > > > > (this

> > > > > > statement lacks textual support)

> > > > > > Love,

> > > > > > Sreenadh

> > > > > >

> > > > > > --- In

, " kankan_73 "

> > > > > > kankan_73@ wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear Sreenadhji,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I would like to know something about Retrograde Planets

and

> > > > > > their

> > > > > > > effects in one's life.

> > > > > > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are

> > > > > > retrograde. Is

> > > > > > there

> > > > > > > anything special in this. What they signify.

Particularly

> > > > > > what is

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > result when Lagna Lord itself is retrograde. I have

heard

> > > > > > some

> > > > > > > theories like Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like

> > > > > > debilitated

> > > > > > > and vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.

> > > > > > > Kindly give your views.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks & regards,

> > > > > > > Kannan

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >

> > ______________

> > > > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now

> > (it's

> > > > updated for today's economy) at Games.

> > > > > http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Mehta,

Namaste -

Yes, you are right, but the over-arching point that I was making was: (1)

retrograde, deblitated malefics gain strength, something similar to

Vipareet yoga. If they are in angles, then so much more so and they

act as if exalted; and if they have sambandha with lords of angles and

trines, then they confer Neechabhanga Raja-yoga. This was clearly

the case with Michael Jordan, a classic example of these

principles.

Conversely it is also found that retrograde benefics when exalted give

very disappointing results. If they are in kendras, their effects

will be neutral. But if in other houses, especially Apoklimas,

their results will be as if they were debilitated.

Best wishes,

Robert

At 10:43 PM 6/28/2007, you wrote:

Dear Mr Koch,

The Moon, the dispositor of Mars is also debilitated; but both the

planets gain great strength because they exchange houses (parivartana

yoga).

Good luck and all the best.

Hasmukhrai J Mehta.

Robert Koch <rk wrote:

Dear Sreenadh,

Namaskara -

You wrote:

Mixing and matching of both is not usually appreciated (just

based

on the statement - retrograde plant gives results 'similar' to

exaltation). Retrograde is retrograde and exaltation is exaltation.

Even though they might be 'similar' in some respects they shouldn't

be considered as interchangeable.

Yes, personally I too feel that considering " debilitated

retrograde

as exalted " etc does not makes sense.

Love,

Srenadh

Although these statements garner good logic, experience bears out the

opposite to what you've written. Take, for instance, the case of

the great Basketball super-star Michael Jordan, who is unequivocally the

greatest player in that sport to ever have lived. Note the data for

the horoscope for Michael Jordan as follows:

Michael Jordan

Natal Chart

February

17, 1963

Time:

10:20:00

Time Zone: 5:00:00 (West of GMT)

Place: 77 W 56'

42 " , 34 N 13' 32 "

Wilmington, North Carolina, USA

Lagna = 18 Aries 55

Aries rises in this chart, with lagna lord Mars debilitated,

retrograde, and also afflicted by Rahu. How could a great sports

hero have debilitated and retrograde Mars, if what you've written above

is correct? In fact, not only is Mars acting as if exalted in this

horoscope, but also confers the full effects of Raja-yoga. I will

find other examples to reinforce this point as well.

Best regards,

Robert

, Panditji

<navagraha wrote:

>

> Namaste,

>

> Retrogression is part of chesta bala ( One component of

shadbala).

Planets

> get retrograde when they are closest to earth. Outer planets

that

means away

> from the sun, so they are bright. So it makes astronomical sense

as

well. I

> have not seen any meaningful discussion on effects of them in a

chart.

>

> When you say good planets, you mean naturally benefic ( guru,

shukra) and

> bad planets meaning naturally malefic ( shani, mangal) ? Also

what

about

> theories floating around of exalted retro is like dbilited and

debilited

> retro is like exalted? Any textual support of this ? Personally

it

makes not

> much sense.

>

> ...

>

>

> On 6/28/07, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:

> >

> > Dear Kannan ji,

> > Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said

in

> > Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give the

result of

> > exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per texts

> > Saravali-

> > * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all

on a

> > sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.

> > * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer for

long, and

> > will have to undertake hard effort even for small benefits

and the

> > results would be usually delayed. But of course at the end

of Dasa

> > they will materialize.

> >

> > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, and malefics

in

> > retrograde is bad.

> >

> > Thinking astronomically retrograde is just our assumption

and it

> > never happens. i.e the planet is always in direct motion

but -

> > * for outer planets since the angle covered by earth

(compared to

> > that planet) is more and we will feel that the planet is

in

> > retrograde.

> > * For inner planets when the planet orbits sun (since the

earth's

> > orbit is bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling

that

they

> > are in retrograde.

> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may fail to

reflect

> > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is better to

understand

> > the same]

> >

> > In the ancient texts apart from occasional reference we

don't find

> > many slokas that are attributed to the discussion of

retrograde

> > motion. They some how seems to be satisfied with the

general

> > statement, retrograde is good for good planets and bad for

bad.

> > Slokas that describe the retrograde results of individual

planets

are

> > neither available nor the earlier scholars seems to

attribute too

> > much special importance to it.

> > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally indicate the

presence

of

> > too much opposing conditions in the said mans life, which

he would

> > have to over come. But the same also indicate that at the

end he

will

> > be rewarded with success, even though delayed. Too many

planets in

> > retrograde may also indicate that the man is not dependable

(this

> > statement lacks textual support)

> > Love,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> >

<%

40>,

> > " kankan_73 "

> > <kankan_73@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Sreenadhji,

> > >

> > > I would like to know something about Retrograde

Planets and

their

> > > effects in one's life.

> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are

retrograde. Is

> > there

> > > anything special in this. What they signify.

Particularly what

is

> > the

> > > result when Lagna Lord itself is retrograde. I have

heard some

> > > theories like Retrograde planets in exaltation acts

> > debilitated

> > > and vise versa. Is there some thing more than

this.

> > > Kindly give your views.

> > >

> > > Thanks & regards,

> > > Kannan

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Sreenadh ji, I had a question regarding Retrograde Planets: A native with Tula lagna and Tula Rashi has Saturn and Venus, Both Retrograde. Saturn is a Yogkaraka planet for Tula Rashi, Tula Lagna and is placed in 10th House. Would Saturn give Good results Or Bad? Similarly Venus is Lagnesh: and is Retrograde in 4th House: How would be the results of Venus? ....................... Similarly if a native has Capricorn Lagna: Venus is placed in 3rd House (Exalted but Retrograde ) along with Jupiter (Swagrahi) How would be the effect of Venus for this native? In the same chart Saturn is retrograde and is placed in 11th House along with Rahu. How would this saturn (Lagnesh) give its result? Thanks in advance

and looking forward to your kind clarification. Regards, JVPrafulla Gang <jyotish wrote: Dear Sreenadh jiNo - I did not mean to say that mars is karaka or had major role for their success. I just provided two natives, who have debilitated mars and they have excelled in sports. Of course - there must be many more areas of chart to be looked into.If members have the chart data of Ganguly and Azharuddin, then we may look at other

contributing factors as well.regards / Prafulla Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."************************************************> > sreesog > Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:13:29 -0000> > Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear Prafulla ji,> I don't think that Mars is the planet alone that makes a sportman;> I don't remember reading anywhere the same.> > Of course Mars is karaka for Wrestling or palm-wrestling, especially> when combined with Me or Ve. It is said that Su-Ve combination

can> give positive results as far as sward fighting is concerned. For> batsman I think the strength of 3rd and 11th house (arms) are> important. I think the significator planets and houses varies for> various sport items. Looking for references to all such possible> combinations (for perticular sports) and making an elaborate list> could be a big task.> Depending totally on Mars for the same would be taking wrong path,> not advised by the saints.> Love,> Sreenadh> > , Prafulla Gang> <jyotish wrote:>> >> Dear Robest / Sreenadh Â>> >> Many sports star have debilitated mars (not necessarily retro) - Â>> >> Saurav Ganguly (karka lagna - mars deb in lagna)>> Mohd Azharudin (kanya

lagna - deb mars in 11th)>> >> Well - I do not have chart data - so other mamebers may share.>> >> regards / Prafulla Gang>> http://www.prafulla.net>> >> "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to> be taken seriously.">> ************************************************>> >> >> rk> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:15:13 -0700>> >> Re: Re: Retrograde Planets>> >> Dear Sreenadh,>> >> Namaskara ->> >> You wrote:>> >> Â Mixing and matching of both is not usually appreciated

(just> based>> on the statement - retrograde plant gives results 'similar' to>> exaltation). Retrograde is retrograde and exaltation is exaltation.>> Even though they might be 'similar' in some respects they shouldn't>> be considered as interchangeable.>>  Yes, personally I too feel that considering "debilitated> retrograde>> as exalted" etc does not makes sense.>> Love,>> Srenadh>> Although these statements garner good logic, experience bears out> the opposite to what you've written. Take, for instance, the case> of the great Basketball super-star Michael Jordan, who is> unequivocally the greatest player in that sport to ever have lived.Â> Note the data for the horoscope for Michael Jordan as follows:Â>> >> Michael Jordan>> >> Natal Chart>>

Date:         February 17, 1963>> Time:         10:20:00>> Time Zone:    5:00:00 (West of GMT)>> Place:        77 W 56' 42", 34 N 13' 32">> Wilmington, North Carolina, USA>> >> Lagna = 18 Aries 55>> >> Aries rises in this chart, with lagna lord Mars debilitated,> retrograde, and also afflicted by Rahu. How could a great sports> hero have debilitated and retrograde Mars, if what you've written> above is correct? In fact, not only is Mars acting as if exalted in> this horoscope, but also confers the full effects of Raja-yoga. I> will find other examples to reinforce this point as well.Â>> >> Best regards,>> Robert>> ---

In , Panditji>> <navagraha@> wrote:>>> >>> Namaste,>>> >>> Retrogression is part of chesta bala ( One component of> shadbala).>> Planets>>> get retrograde when they are closest to earth. Outer planets that>> means away>>> from the sun, so they are bright. So it makes astronomical sense> as>> well. I>>> have not seen any meaningful discussion on effects of them in a>> chart.>>> >>> When you say good planets, you mean naturally benefic ( guru,>> shukra) and>>> bad planets meaning naturally malefic ( shani, mangal) ? Also> what>> about>>> theories floating around of exalted retro is like dbilited and>>

debilited>>> retro is like exalted? Any textual support of this ? Personally> it>> makes not>>> much sense.>>> >>> ...>>> >>> >>> On 6/28/07, Sreenadh <sreesog@> wrote:>>>> >>> >Â Â Dear Kannan ji,>>>> Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said in>>>> Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give the result> of>>>> exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per texts like>>>> Saravali->>>> * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all on a>>>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.>>>> * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer for long,> and>>>> will have to undertake hard effort even for small benefits and>

the>>>> results would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> Dasa>>>> they will materialize.>>>> >>>> So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, and malefics in>>>> retrograde is bad.>>>> >>>> Thinking astronomically retrograde is just our assumption and it>>>> never happens. i.e the planet is always in direct motion but ->>>> * for outer planets since the angle covered by earth (compared> to>>>> that planet) is more and we will feel that the planet is in>>>> retrograde.>>>> * For inner planets when the planet orbits sun (since the> earth's>>>> orbit is bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling that>> they>>>> are in retrograde.>>>> [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may

fail to>> reflect>>>> the actual meaning. A pictorial description is better to>> understand>>>> the same]>>>> >>>> In the ancient texts apart from occasional reference we don't> find>>>> many slokas that are attributed to the discussion of retrograde>>>> motion. They some how seems to be satisfied with the general>>>> statement, retrograde is good for good planets and bad for bad.>>>> Slokas that describe the retrograde results of individual> planets>> are>>>> neither available nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> too>>>> much special importance to it.>>>> But still 3 planets in retrograde generally indicate the> presence>> of>>>> too much opposing conditions in the said mans life, which he>

would>>>> have to over come. But the same also indicate that at the end> he>> will>>>> be rewarded with success, even though delayed. Too many planets> in>>>> retrograde may also indicate that the man is not dependable> (this>>>> statement lacks textual support)>>>> Love,>>>> Sreenadh>>>> >>>> --- In>> <%>> 40>,>>>> "kankan_73">>>> <kankan_73@> wrote:>>>>> >>>>> Dear Sreenadhji,>>>>> >>>>> I would like to know something about Retrograde Planets and>> their>>>>> effects in one's

life.>>>>> Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are retrograde.> Is>>>> there>>>>> anything special in this. What they signify. Particularly> what>> is>>>> the>>>>> result when Lagna Lord itself is retrograde. I have heard some>>>>> theories like Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like>>>> debilitated>>>>> and vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.>>>>> Kindly give your views.>>>>> >>>>> Thanks & regards,>>>>> Kannan>>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>> >>

Guest guest

Dear Prafulla Ji,

As you wrote after 25 years, Shukra will act like direct ie., the obstructions for the house lordship and its Karakattwas will get nullified.If Guru is direct in the natal chart, it is direct only and no changes will be made.

With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.

From: jyotishDate: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:24:12 -0800RE: Re: Retrograde Planets

Dear Ramdas jiMany thanks for clarifications.> Regarding Vakra Shukra what you write will hold good.If Shukra is Vakra> during birth time and it becomes direct after 25 days, that means the> debts of past life connected with the lordship and Karakatta of Shukra> will be almost complete and progress in such areas will improve after 25> years of age.[Prafulla] OK. So after 25 years, we need not take backward aspect, while analysing natal chart? OR natal chart must be analysed with venus ® - I mean for strength/aspect etc except for karmic debt.>Regarding Guru, what you wrote is not correct.> Please try to apply these principles and see the results.[Prafulla] OK. No - I was enquiring from you. So should I understand that - if guru has become retro in progression at specific age, then its aspects must still be considered normal one - not the backward (due to its retrogression in progression).I look forward to apply these in the charts.regards / Prafulla Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."************************************************> > > From: jyotish (AT) inbox (DOT) comDate:> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:19:02 -0800RE: > Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in> someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart.> Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart> analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for> its retrogression) from 25th year?Like wise - if a planet has become> retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th> year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as> backward to 12th house).regards / Prafulla> Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically> include the right to be taken> seriously."************************************************>> > ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> Thu, 28> Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000> >> RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear> Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left> over Karmas> from past life which the native during his/her death might> have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord> Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its> lord Budha is in 3rd> house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough> I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same> designation.My> friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my> monetary> position is comparitively better than my friends.Almost most of> my> earnings are being spent for the family and other close> relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is> also Karma Karaka.> Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the> longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now> calculate the number of days> from the day of birth till the Graha> becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the number of days> becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra Shani becomes> direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting Karma from the> previous life till I complete 81 years of> age.This means there are some> obstacles in my progress in the life till I> complete 81 years of age, if> I live up to that age.But I also found out> that after about 25% of this> total years,some slight increase in my> progress in life as some of the> debts have been repaid.I also observed> that after about 50% of the total> years ie., around 1992, a steep> increase in my life's progress in all> spheres of the life.> Now suppose if the person dies before the> stipulated years shown by Vakra> Graha,then again that Karma will be> postponed to the next life.> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this> work and I found some success> in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also> request other scholars in this list> to check the reality in my work and> continue their efforts to get some> more deeper connections related to> Vakra Grahas.> With Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > > To:> From:> navagraha Date:> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re:> > Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> > Isn't the entire horoscope> a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was> no unfinished karma, the> native would have achieved moksha. Are you> suggesting that retro grahas> show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...> On 6/28/07, sunil nair> <astro_tellerkerala (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> > > > > > > Hare krishna,> dear> krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are concerned i also support> the> view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past> lives> ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with> other> textual references> mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and> it becomes an> exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her> .> rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv> her> good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various>> educational pursuits .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments> from sri .sreenath and> others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai> namah.> , Krishnamurthy>> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >>> "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not>> dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > Well, my daughter>> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't>> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data>> point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I>>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't>> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr. Charak,>> in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> >> Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB:> Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,>> Mercury being> one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to your> comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading> request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> > >> Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally>> retrograde is considered as good. It is> said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in retrograde will give the >> > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a cute thing to note. As per> texts> > like > > Saravali-> > *>> The planet in retrograde will give> beneficial results all> > on a > >>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial> planet.> > * If the planet is a>> malefic, the person will suffer for> >> long, and > > will have to>> undertake hard effort even for small> benefits and > > the > > results>> would be usually delayed. But of> course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>> will materialize.> > > > So in> short, benefics in retrograde is good,>> and malefics in > > retrograde> is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>> retrograde is just our> assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>> planet is always in> direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since>> the angle covered> by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more and>> we will feel that> the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner>> planets when the planet> orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit is>> bigger than their orbit)> we will have the feeling> > that they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not> being a proper scholar, the above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the> actual meaning. A pictorial description is>> better to> > understand > >> the same] > > > > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference> we don't > > find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion> of> > retrograde > > motion. They some how>> seems to be satisfied with> the general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad> for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of> individual> > planets are > > neither available>> nor the earlier> scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it. >> > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> > presence> of > > too much opposing conditions in the said>> mans life, which he> >> would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate that at the end> > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though delayed. Too> many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate>> that the man is not> dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>> support) > > Love,> >> Sreenadh> > > > --- In>> ,> "kankan_73" > > kankan_73@>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > >> > I would like to know>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their> > > > effects in one's>> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3> planets are > >>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in> this. What they>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result> when Lagna Lord>> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > >> theories like>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > >> debilitated > > > and>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.>> > > Kindly give your>> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan>> > >> > > > > > > > > >>>> >________>> > Boardwalk> for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>> updated for> today's economy) at Games.>>>> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > > >> > > ________> Make> every IM count. Download and join the i’m>> Initiative now. It’s free.>> http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07> > > ________> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!> http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/ Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

Guest guest

Namaste,

Where is it mentioned that vakri grahas aspect in reverse direction ? Is there any support for this?

On 6/29/07, Prafulla Gang <jyotish wrote:

Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart. Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for its retrogression) from 25th year?

Like wise - if a planet has become retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as backward to 12th house).

regards / Prafulla Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net " The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously. "

************************************************> >

ramadasrao Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000>

> RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left over Karmas

> from past life which the native during his/her death might have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its lord Budha is in 3rd

> house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same designation.My> friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my monetary

> position is comparitively better than my friends.Almost most of my> earnings are being spent for the family and other close relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is also Karma Karaka.

> Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> from the day of birth till the Graha becomes direct.Now

consider one day> as one year,so the number of days becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of

> age.This means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I> complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out> that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my

> progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I also observed> that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep> increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life.

> Now suppose if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra> Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some success

> in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars in this list> to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts to get some> more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.

> With Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > >

:> navagraha: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re: > Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was

> no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you> suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...> On 6/28/07, sunil nair <

astro_tellerkerala wrote:> > > > > > > Hare krishna,> dear krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are concerned i also support> the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past

> lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with> other textual references> mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her .

> rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her> good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> educational pursuits .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and

> others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.>

, Krishnamurthy> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> " Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not

> dependable (this statement lacks textual support) " > > Well, my daughter> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data

> point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr. Charak,

> in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> > Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB: Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> Mercury being

> one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to your comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally

>> retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > *

>> The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a>> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to

>> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results>> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good,

>> and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since

>> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more and>> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner>> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit is

>> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is

>> better to> > understand > > the same] > > > > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference we don't > > find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion of> > retrograde > > motion. They some how

>> seems to be satisfied with the general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of individual> > planets are > > neither available

>> nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it. > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> > presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said

>> mans life, which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate

>> that the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In>>

, " kankan_73 " > > kankan_73@>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's

>> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord

>> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > > debilitated > > > and>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your

>> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > > >>> >________

>> > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>> updated for today's economy) at Games.>>>

http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > > > > > ________

> Make every IM count. Download and join the i’m> Initiative now. It’s free.>

http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07

Guest guest

Namaste Robert

Regarding Michael Jordan’s chart may

I suggest Mars debilitation being cancelled is perhaps more due to its position

in Navamsha? Being in 3rd and Own House (Scorpio) if Birth time is

as given. Regarding Birth time – do you know how accurate it is?

Please share other Charts – I am

intrigued?

Best wishes ……

Jai Sita Ram

Ram

On Behalf Of Robert Koch

28 June 2007 23:15

To:

Re:

Re: Retrograde Planets

Dear Sreenadh,

Namaskara -

You wrote:

Mixing and matching of both is not usually appreciated (just

based

on the statement - retrograde plant gives results 'similar' to

exaltation). Retrograde is retrograde and exaltation is exaltation.

Even though they might be 'similar' in some respects they shouldn't

be considered as interchangeable.

Yes, personally I too feel that considering " debilitated retrograde

as exalted " etc does not makes sense.

Love,

Srenadh

Although these statements garner good logic, experience bears out the opposite

to what you've written. Take, for instance, the case of the great

Basketball super-star Michael Jordan, who is unequivocally the greatest player

in that sport to ever have lived. Note the data for the horoscope for

Michael Jordan as follows:

Michael Jordan

Natal Chart

February 17, 1963

Time: 10:20:00

Time Zone: 5:00:00 (West of GMT)

Place: 77 W 56' 42 " , 34 N

13' 32 "

Wilmington, North Carolina, USA

Lagna = 18 Aries 55

Aries rises in this chart, with lagna lord Mars debilitated, retrograde, and

also afflicted by Rahu. How could a great sports hero have debilitated and

retrograde Mars, if what you've written above is correct? In fact, not

only is Mars acting as if exalted in this horoscope, but also confers the full

effects of Raja-yoga. I will find other examples to reinforce this point

as well.

Best regards,

Robert

Panditji

<navagraha wrote:

>

> Namaste,

>

> Retrogression is part of chesta bala ( One component of shadbala).

Planets

> get retrograde when they are closest to earth. Outer planets that

means away

> from the sun, so they are bright. So it makes astronomical sense as

well. I

> have not seen any meaningful discussion on effects of them in a

chart.

>

> When you say good planets, you mean naturally benefic ( guru,

shukra) and

> bad planets meaning naturally malefic ( shani, mangal) ? Also what

about

> theories floating around of exalted retro is like dbilited and

debilited

> retro is like exalted? Any textual support of this ? Personally it

makes not

> much sense.

>

> ...

>

>

> On 6/28/07, Sreenadh <sreesog wrote:

> >

> > Dear Kannan ji,

> > Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said in

> > Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give the result of

> > exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per texts like

> > Saravali-

> > * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all on a

> > sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.

> > * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer for long, and

> > will have to undertake hard effort even for small benefits and the

> > results would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of Dasa

> > they will materialize.

> >

> > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, and malefics in

> > retrograde is bad.

> >

> > Thinking astronomically retrograde is just our assumption and it

> > never happens. i.e the planet is always in direct motion but -

> > * for outer planets since the angle covered by earth (compared to

> > that planet) is more and we will feel that the planet is in

> > retrograde.

> > * For inner planets when the planet orbits sun (since the earth's

> > orbit is bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling that

they

> > are in retrograde.

> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may fail to

reflect

> > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is better to

understand

> > the same]

> >

> > In the ancient texts apart from occasional reference we don't find

> > many slokas that are attributed to the discussion of retrograde

> > motion. They some how seems to be satisfied with the general

> > statement, retrograde is good for good planets and bad for bad.

> > Slokas that describe the retrograde results of individual planets

are

> > neither available nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute too

> > much special importance to it.

> > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally indicate the presence

of

> > too much opposing conditions in the said mans life, which he would

> > have to over come. But the same also indicate that at the end he

will

> > be rewarded with success, even though delayed. Too many planets in

> > retrograde may also indicate that the man is not dependable (this

> > statement lacks textual support)

> > Love,

> > Sreenadh

> >

> >

<%

40>,

> > " kankan_73 "

> > <kankan_73@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Sreenadhji,

> > >

> > > I would like to know something about Retrograde Planets and

their

> > > effects in one's life.

> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are retrograde. Is

> > there

> > > anything special in this. What they signify. Particularly what

is

> > the

> > > result when Lagna Lord itself is retrograde. I have heard some

> > > theories like Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like

> > debilitated

> > > and vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.

> > > Kindly give your views.

> > >

> > > Thanks & regards,

> > > Kannan

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Ramadas Raoji, Thanks for giving us a time parameter for studying the retrogrades. A native has Gemini lagna with 7th and 10lord exalted and retrograde in 2nd house and 8th and ninth lord saturn retrogrades in 6th house. Jupiter becomes direct after 46 days of birth and saturn after 129 days. Does it mean that karmic debts regarding Jupiter will be over after 46 years whereas for saturn they might spill over to next life. The native has a debilitated lagna lord in 10th house with 3rd lord sun. Mars and moon in 7th house and venus is swagrahi in 12th house. Ra is with saturn in 6th house and ke with ven in 12th. I would really appreciate if you could throw some light on the affects of these positions. Also I seek comments from all other scholars on the combination. The native is highly qualified professional but is not satisfied with his progress in life. Though he is very well placed. His birth details are: DOB 3.4.56/TOB

11.30/POB Meerut I will be grateful for all your expert comments. Thanks Dr Neelam Gupta Jyotish AcharyaHosabettuRamadas Rao <ramadasrao wrote: Dear Prafulla Ji,Regarding Vakra Shukra what you write will hold good.If Shukra is Vakra during birth time and it becomes direct after 25 days, that means the debts of past life connected with the lordship and Karakatta of Shukra will be almost complete and progress in such areas will improve after 25 years of

age.Regarding Guru, what you wrote is not correct.Please try to apply these principles and see the results.With Regards,Ramadas Rao. From: jyotish (AT) inbox (DOT) comDate: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:19:02 -0800RE: Re: Retrograde Planets Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart. Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for its retrogression) from 25th year?Like wise - if a planet has become retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as

backward to 12th house).regards / Prafulla Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."************************************************> > ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000> > RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left over Karmas> from past life which the native during his/her death might have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord Shani is Vakra and is> placed in

9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its lord Budha is in 3rd> house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same designation.My> friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my monetary> position is comparitively better than my friends.Almost most of my> earnings are being spent for the family and other close relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is also Karma Karaka.> Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> from the day of birth till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the number of days becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting Karma from the previous life

till I complete 81 years of> age.This means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I> complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out> that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my> progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I also observed> that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep> increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life.> Now suppose if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra> Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some success> in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars in this list> to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts to get some> more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.> With Regards,> Ramadas

Rao.> > > > From:> navagraha Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re:> Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was> no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you> suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...> On 6/28/07, sunil nair <astro_tellerkerala (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> > > > > > > Hare krishna,> dear krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are concerned i also support>

the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past> lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with> other textual references> mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her .> rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her> good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> educational pursuits .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and> others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> , Krishnamurthy> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the

man> is not> dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > Well, my daughter> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data> point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr. Charak,> in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> > Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB: Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> Mercury being> one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to your comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading request.> >>

Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally>> retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > *>> The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a>> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to>> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results>> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good,>> and malefics in

> > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since>> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more and>> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner>> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit is>> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is>> better to> > understand > > the same] > > > > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference we don't >

> find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion of> > retrograde > > motion. They some how>> seems to be satisfied with the general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of individual> > planets are > > neither available>> nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it. > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> > presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said>> mans life, which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate>>

that the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In>> , "kankan_73" > > kankan_73@>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's>> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord>> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > >

debilitated > > > and>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your>> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > > >>> >________>> > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>> updated for today's economy) at Games.>>> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > > > > > ________> Make every IM count. Download and join the i’m> Initiative now.

It’s free.> http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07 Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile Cyberart Informations Pvt. Ltd.

Greater Noida Unit: D-72 Site IV UPSIDC Industrial Area, Greater Noida - 201308. Delhi Unit: 1517, Hemkunt Chambers,89 Nehru Place, New Delhi 110 019 Tel.: 9311072053, 9311046517Telefax: 91-120-4231676 E-mail: cyberart_infos cyberart Website: www.cyberart.co.in

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Dear Sunil ji,

Thanks for your analysis. I really appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Krishna

--- sunil nair <astro_tellerkerala wrote:

>

> Hare krishna,

>

> Dear krishnaji,

>

> According to some naadis venus

> controlles only

> quality of married life and mars is real mangal kartha and

> the bringer

> of males in a female life ,in her chart it is strongly

> placed.Also

> venus vakri showing ,the venus is trying to escape such

> situation and

> jupiter being vakri aspecting this combination of venus and

> also mars.So

> it shows also devine grace and any remedies in that direction

> will work

> .

>

> As per vedic astrology 7th lord in 5th may show a choice

> marriage ,but

> care shud be taken while selecting.But the 4th lord of family

> happiness

> well palced and giving a mahapurusha yoga and in navamsa also

> as lord is

> well placed in 11th house and giving its amsa to 7th house in

> rasi ,so

> in the long run it will be beneficial --yes may be after

> natural year of

> maturity ,if some problems exists will be solved .also venus

> is 10th

> lord of profession in her chart.

>

> i think 25 to 28 is period of marriage as dasa and various

> marriage

> points r triggerred that time in transit also .

>

> By the time the great mischief and schemer rahu also will pass

> transit

> over her mars ,a special combo applicable to her chart.(during

> this time

> care shud be taken while fixing marriage).it will be over may

> be within

> 5 to 6 years.

>

> All figures i take roughly only ,just to get a rough idea ,

>

> hope this helps u .

>

>

>

> regrds sunil nair .

>

> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

>

>

> , Krishnamurthy

> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:

> >

> > Dear Sunil ji,

> >

> > Thanks for your kind note. I agree with your observations on

> my

> > daughter's chart.

> >

> > All three benefic planets are retrograde. Based on what

> Sreendh

> > quoted, I assume it is beneficial to the native. They becore

> > direct as follows:

> >

> > Mercury - after 9 days

> > Venus - After 28 days

> > Jupiter - After 45 days

> >

> > Based on Ramadas Rao ji's calculation:

> >

> > I guess as she is more than 9 years old now, Mercury's

> > retrogression is not an issue and I can assess her Mercury

> MD

> > considering Mercury as direct. And as Venus becomes direct

> after

> > 28 days, her delays related to mariage (note 7th lord Sani

> is

> > combust) would be resolved after 28 years.

> >

> > Please comment.

> >

> > Regards,

> > Krishna

> >

> > --- sunil nair astro_tellerkerala wrote:

> >

> > >

> > > Hare krishna,

> > >

> > > dear krishnaji,

> > >

> > > As far as retro planets are concerned i

> > > also support

> > > the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or

> desires

> > > from past

> > > lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and

> > > lordships.Along with

> > > other textual references

> > >

> > > mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it

> > > becomes an

> > > exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her

> .

> > >

> > > rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise

> > > might giv her

> > > good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be

> > > various

> > > educational pursuits .

> > >

> > > Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri

> > > .sreenath and

> > > others

> > >

> > > regrds sunil nair

> > >

> > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

> > >

> > >

> > > ,

> Krishnamurthy

> > > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sreenadh,

> > > >

> > > > You said:

> > > >

> > > > " Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that

> the

> > > man

> > > > is not dependable (this statement lacks textual

> support) "

> > > >

> > > > Well, my daughter has three planets retrograde. She is

> about

> > > 17

> > > > years now. And, I don't see any problems with

> dependability

> > > so

> > > > far. I am just giving you a data point.

> > > >

> > > > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her

> chart, I

> > > > always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself

> as

> > > I

> > > > don't understand the correct effect of a planet being

> > > > retrograde. Dr. Charak, in his book, says that

> retrograde

> > > > planets cause health problems.

> > > >

> > > > Here are the birth details:

> > > >

> > > > DOB: 11-Jan-1990

> > > > TOB: 20:35

> > > > POB: Bangalore

> > > >

> > > > I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury

> MD,

> > > > Mercury being one of the retrograde planets.

> > > >

> > > > I look forward to your comments, hoping that you won't

> > > consider

> > > > my request as a chart reading request.

> > > >

> > > > Regards,

> > > > Krishna

> > > >

> > > > --- Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > > Dear Kannan ji,

> > > > > Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said

> in

> > > > > Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give

> the

> > > > > result of

> > > > > exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per

> > > texts

> > > > > like

> > > > > Saravali-

> > > > > * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial

> results

> > > all

> > > > > on a

> > > > > sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.

> > > > > * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer

> for

> > > > > long, and

> > > > > will have to undertake hard effort even for small

> benefits

> > > and

> > > > > the

> > > > > results would be usually delayed. But of course at the

> end

>

=== message truncated ===

______________________________\

____Ready for the edge of your seat?

Check out tonight's top picks on TV.

http://tv./

Guest guest

Respected Jyotish Acharya Ji Please predict marriage of my brother Manish . His details are as follows: DOB: 11-OCTOBER-1974 POB: RAMPUR (UP) TOB: 6.00 PM I SHALL BE GRAETFUL IF LEARNED SCHOLORS OF THIS FORUM COULD PLEASE ADVISE ON THE MATTER. REGARDS MANOJ

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Namaste,

I have also seen some people take the aspect or retro planets from one house behind. I think it is just for after the fact justifications. Unfortunately many do not use these parameters consistently. So they take aspe from one house back when it suits the data, backwards when that suits the data and regular aspects when that seems to fit the known data. Thats why it is imporatnt to have " Pramana " , a classical reference for such parameters.

On 6/29/07, Panditji <navagraha wrote:

Namaste,

Where is it mentioned that vakri grahas aspect in reverse direction ? Is there any support for this?

On 6/29/07, Prafulla Gang <jyotish

> wrote:

Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart. Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for its retrogression) from 25th year? Like wise - if a planet has become retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as backward to 12th house).regards / Prafulla Gang

http://www.prafulla.net " The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously. " ************************************************> >

ramadasrao Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000>

> RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left over Karmas > from past life which the native during his/her death might have thought

> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its lord Budha is in 3rd > house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough

I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same designation.My> friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my monetary > position is comparitively better than my friends.Almost most of my> earnings are being spent for the family and other close relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is also Karma Karaka. > Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> from the day of birth till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the number of days becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of > age.This means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I

> complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out> that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my > progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I

also observed> that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep> increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life. > Now suppose if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra

> Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some success > in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars in this list

> to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts to get some> more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.> With Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > >

:> navagraha: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re: > Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was > no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you> suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...> On 6/28/07, sunil nair <

astro_tellerkerala wrote:> > > > > > > Hare krishna,> dear krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are concerned i also support> the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past > lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with> other textual references> mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her . > rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her> good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> educational pursuits .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and > others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.>

, Krishnamurthy> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> " Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not > dependable (this statement lacks textual support) " > > Well, my daughter> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data > point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr. Charak, > in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> > Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB: Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> Mercury being > one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to your comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally >> retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > * >> The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a>> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to >> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results>> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, >> and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since >> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more and>> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner>> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit is >> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is >> better to> > understand > > the same] > > > > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference we don't > > find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion of> > retrograde > > motion. They some how >> seems to be satisfied with the general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of individual> > planets are > > neither available >> nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it. > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> > presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said >> mans life, which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate >> that the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In>>

, " kankan_73 " > > kankan_73@>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's >> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord >> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > > debilitated > > > and>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your >> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > > >>> >________ >> > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>> updated for today's economy) at Games.>>>

http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > > > > > ________

> Make every IM count. Download and join the i’m> Initiative now. It’s free.>

http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07

Guest guest

Hare krishna

Dear krishnaji ,

U r welcome . How is your reserch going on ?

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah , Krishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sunil ji,> > Thanks for your analysis. I really appreciate your inputs.> > Regards,> Krishna> > --- sunil nair astro_tellerkerala wrote:> > > > > Hare krishna,> > > > Dear krishnaji,> > > > According to some naadis venus> > controlles only> > quality of married life and mars is real mangal kartha and> > the bringer> > of males in a female life ,in her chart it is strongly> > placed.Also> > venus vakri showing ,the venus is trying to escape such> > situation and> > jupiter being vakri aspecting this combination of venus and> > also mars.So> > it shows also devine grace and any remedies in that direction> > will work> > .> > > > As per vedic astrology 7th lord in 5th may show a choice> > marriage ,but> > care shud be taken while selecting.But the 4th lord of family> > happiness> > well palced and giving a mahapurusha yoga and in navamsa also> > as lord is> > well placed in 11th house and giving its amsa to 7th house in> > rasi ,so> > in the long run it will be beneficial --yes may be after> > natural year of> > maturity ,if some problems exists will be solved .also venus> > is 10th> > lord of profession in her chart.> > > > i think 25 to 28 is period of marriage as dasa and various> > marriage> > points r triggerred that time in transit also .> > > > By the time the great mischief and schemer rahu also will pass> > transit> > over her mars ,a special combo applicable to her chart.(during> > this time> > care shud be taken while fixing marriage).it will be over may> > be within > > 5 to 6 years.> > > > All figures i take roughly only ,just to get a rough idea ,> > > > hope this helps u .> > > > > > > > regrds sunil nair .> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> > > > > > , Krishnamurthy> > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sunil ji,> > >> > > Thanks for your kind note. I agree with your observations on> > my> > > daughter's chart.> > >> > > All three benefic planets are retrograde. Based on what> > Sreendh> > > quoted, I assume it is beneficial to the native. They becore> > > direct as follows:> > >> > > Mercury - after 9 days> > > Venus - After 28 days> > > Jupiter - After 45 days> > >> > > Based on Ramadas Rao ji's calculation:> > >> > > I guess as she is more than 9 years old now, Mercury's> > > retrogression is not an issue and I can assess her Mercury> > MD> > > considering Mercury as direct. And as Venus becomes direct> > after> > > 28 days, her delays related to mariage (note 7th lord Sani> > is> > > combust) would be resolved after 28 years.> > >> > > Please comment.> > >> > > Regards,> > > Krishna> > >> > > --- sunil nair astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:> > >> > > >> > > > Hare krishna,> > > >> > > > dear krishnaji,> > > >> > > > As far as retro planets are concerned i> > > > also support> > > > the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or> > desires> > > > from past> > > > lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and> > > > lordships.Along with> > > > other textual references> > > >> > > > mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it> > > > becomes an> > > > exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her> > .> > > >> > > > rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise> > > > might giv her> > > > good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be> > > > various> > > > educational pursuits .> > > >> > > > Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri> > > > .sreenath and> > > > others> > > >> > > > regrds sunil nair> > > >> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> > > >> > > >> > > > ,> > Krishnamurthy> > > > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sreenadh,> > > > >> > > > > You said:> > > > >> > > > > "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that> > the> > > > man> > > > > is not dependable (this statement lacks textual> > support)"> > > > >> > > > > Well, my daughter has three planets retrograde. She is> > about> > > > 17> > > > > years now. And, I don't see any problems with> > dependability> > > > so> > > > > far. I am just giving you a data point.> > > > >> > > > > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her> > chart, I> > > > > always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself> > as> > > > I> > > > > don't understand the correct effect of a planet being> > > > > retrograde. Dr. Charak, in his book, says that> > retrograde> > > > > planets cause health problems.> > > > >> > > > > Here are the birth details:> > > > >> > > > > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> > > > > TOB: 20:35> > > > > POB: Bangalore> > > > >> > > > > I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury> > MD,> > > > > Mercury being one of the retrograde planets.> > > > >> > > > > I look forward to your comments, hoping that you won't> > > > consider> > > > > my request as a chart reading request.> > > > >> > > > > Regards,> > > > > Krishna> > > > >> > > > > --- Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > > >> > > > > > Dear Kannan ji,> > > > > > Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said> > in> > > > > > Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give> > the> > > > > > result of> > > > > > exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per> > > > texts> > > > > > like> > > > > > Saravali-> > > > > > * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial> > results> > > > all> > > > > > on a> > > > > > sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > > > > > * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer> > for> > > > > > long, and> > > > > > will have to undertake hard effort even for small> > benefits> > > > and> > > > > > the> > > > > > results would be usually delayed. But of course at the> > end> > > === message truncated ===> > > > > Ready for the edge of your seat? > Check out tonight's top picks on TV. > http://tv./>

Guest guest

Dear Sunilji,

I was very busy with my personal commitments until a couple of

days back. I will start focussing on Astrology again.

Thanks for you support.

Regards,

Krishna

--- sunil nair <astro_tellerkerala wrote:

>

> Hare krishna

>

> Dear krishnaji ,

>

> U r welcome . How is your reserch going on ?

>

> regrds sunil nair

>

> om shreem mahalaxmai namah

> , Krishnamurthy

> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:

> >

> > Dear Sunil ji,

> >

> > Thanks for your analysis. I really appreciate your inputs.

> >

> > Regards,

> > Krishna

> >

> > --- sunil nair astro_tellerkerala wrote:

> >

> > >

> > > Hare krishna,

> > >

> > > Dear krishnaji,

> > >

> > > According to some naadis venus

> > > controlles only

> > > quality of married life and mars is real mangal kartha and

> > > the bringer

> > > of males in a female life ,in her chart it is strongly

> > > placed.Also

> > > venus vakri showing ,the venus is trying to escape such

> > > situation and

> > > jupiter being vakri aspecting this combination of venus

> and

> > > also mars.So

> > > it shows also devine grace and any remedies in that

> direction

> > > will work

> > > .

> > >

> > > As per vedic astrology 7th lord in 5th may show a choice

> > > marriage ,but

> > > care shud be taken while selecting.But the 4th lord of

> family

> > > happiness

> > > well palced and giving a mahapurusha yoga and in navamsa

> also

> > > as lord is

> > > well placed in 11th house and giving its amsa to 7th house

> in

> > > rasi ,so

> > > in the long run it will be beneficial --yes may be after

> > > natural year of

> > > maturity ,if some problems exists will be solved .also

> venus

> > > is 10th

> > > lord of profession in her chart.

> > >

> > > i think 25 to 28 is period of marriage as dasa and various

> > > marriage

> > > points r triggerred that time in transit also .

> > >

> > > By the time the great mischief and schemer rahu also will

> pass

> > > transit

> > > over her mars ,a special combo applicable to her

> chart.(during

> > > this time

> > > care shud be taken while fixing marriage).it will be over

> may

> > > be within

> > > 5 to 6 years.

> > >

> > > All figures i take roughly only ,just to get a rough idea

> ,

> > >

> > > hope this helps u .

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > regrds sunil nair .

> > >

> > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

> > >

> > >

> > > ,

> Krishnamurthy

> > > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sunil ji,

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for your kind note. I agree with your

> observations on

> > > my

> > > > daughter's chart.

> > > >

> > > > All three benefic planets are retrograde. Based on what

> > > Sreendh

> > > > quoted, I assume it is beneficial to the native. They

> becore

> > > > direct as follows:

> > > >

> > > > Mercury - after 9 days

> > > > Venus - After 28 days

> > > > Jupiter - After 45 days

> > > >

> > > > Based on Ramadas Rao ji's calculation:

> > > >

> > > > I guess as she is more than 9 years old now, Mercury's

> > > > retrogression is not an issue and I can assess her

> Mercury

> > > MD

> > > > considering Mercury as direct. And as Venus becomes

> direct

> > > after

> > > > 28 days, her delays related to mariage (note 7th lord

> Sani

> > > is

> > > > combust) would be resolved after 28 years.

> > > >

> > > > Please comment.

> > > >

> > > > Regards,

> > > > Krishna

> > > >

> > > > --- sunil nair astro_tellerkerala@ wrote:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hare krishna,

> > > > >

> > > > > dear krishnaji,

> > > > >

> > > > > As far as retro planets are concerned i

> > > > > also support

> > > > > the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or

> > > desires

> > > > > from past

> > > > > lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and

> > > > > lordships.Along with

> > > > > other textual references

> > > > >

> > > > > mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it

> > > > > becomes an

> > > > > exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for

> her

> > > .

> > > > >

> > > > > rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other

> wise

> > > > > might giv her

> > > > > good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and

> may be

> > > > > various

> > > > > educational pursuits .

> > > > >

> > > > > Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri

> > > > > .sreenath and

> > > > > others

> > > > >

> > > > > regrds sunil nair

> > > > >

> > > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ,

> > > Krishnamurthy

> > > > > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Sreenadh,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > " Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate

> that

> > > the

> > > > > man

> > > > > > is not dependable (this statement lacks textual

> > > support) "

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well, my daughter has three planets retrograde. She

> is

> > > about

> > > > > 17

> > > > > > years now. And, I don't see any problems with

> > > dependability

> > > > > so

> > > > > > far. I am just giving you a data point.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her

> > > chart, I

> > > > > > always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart

> myself

> > > as

> > > > > I

> > > > > > don't understand the correct effect of a planet

> being

> > > > > > retrograde. Dr. Charak, in his book, says that

> > > retrograde

>

=== message truncated ===

______________________________\

____

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for

today's economy) at Games.

http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow

Guest guest

Hare krishna .

respected punditji ,

I was waiting for more educated and experienced souls to answer .

Your arguement partly coreect for those who mix sistems , yes generaly most schools in vedic astolology dont take a planets rear aspect ,because it is vakri,including kerlala paramparas .

but those who use progression and naadi s i find it using regularly .Regrding progression i dont know much .But naadis i find sri K N Rao says its is used in brigu naadi methods --consistently but he has not shared all the secrets and i also find south naadis generaly keep this view .Not as aspect they also presume planet in 12th and its aspects,if its vakri.

Regrding textual referenc e i dont know .What i use is my gurupadesa and anubhava.i find its working ,but we shud not mix one sistem with another.

Progression technics --some one else will discuss and if some one can initiate its good .

regrds sunil nair

om shreem mahalaxmai namah.

, Panditji <navagraha wrote:>> Namaste,> > I have also seen some people take the aspect or retro planets from one house> behind. I think it is just for after the fact justifications. Unfortunately> many do not use these parameters consistently. So they take aspe from one> house back when it suits the data, backwards when that suits the data and> regular aspects when that seems to fit the known data. Thats why it is> imporatnt to have "Pramana", a classical reference for such parameters.> > ...> > > On 6/29/07, Panditji navagraha wrote:> >> > Namaste,> >> > Where is it mentioned that vakri grahas aspect in reverse direction ? Is> > there any support for this?> >> > ...> >> >> > On 6/29/07, Prafulla Gang jyotish wrote:> > >> > > Dear Ramdas ji,> > >> > > So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in someone's chart> > > and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart. Should we then -> > > consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart analysis. and if so -> > > should we stop considering its backward aspect (for its retrogression) from> > > 25th year?> > > Like wise - if a planet has become retrograde (for example guru) in 15th> > > progressed year. So after 15th year, should we consider retro for natal> > > chart purpose and aspects (as backward to 12th house).> > >> > > regards / Prafulla Gang> > > http://www.prafulla.net> > >> > > "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be> > > taken seriously."> > > ************************************************> > >> > > > > > > > ramadasrao <ramadasrao%40hotmail.com>> > > > Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000> > > > > > > <%40>> > > > RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > > >> > > > Dear Pandit Ji,> > > > Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left over Karmas> > >> > > > from past life which the native during his/her death might have> > > thought> > > > of.> > > > For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord Shani is Vakra and> > > is> > > > placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its lord Budha is in 3rd> > >> > > > house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough I am quite> > > qualified> > > > person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same designation.My> > > > friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my monetary> > > > position is comparitively better than my friends.Almost most of my> > > > earnings are being spent for the family and other close relatives.See> > > > that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is also Karma> > > Karaka.> > > > Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the longitude of the> > > Vakra> > > > Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> > > > from the day of birth till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one> > > day> > > > as one year,so the number of days becomes number of years.For example> > > in> > > > my chart, Vakra Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be> > > some> > > > long awaiting Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of> > >> > > > age.This means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life> > > till I> > > > complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found> > > out> > > > that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my> > > > progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I also observed> > > > that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep> > > > increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life.> > > > Now suppose if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by> > > Vakra> > > > Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.> > > > Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some> > > success> > > > in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars in this> > > list> > > > to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts to get some> > > > more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.> > > > With Regards,> > > > Ramadas Rao.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > <%40From>:> > > > navagraha <navagraha%40gmail.comDate>: Thu, 28 Jun 2007> > > 13:02:09 -0400Re:> > > > Re: Retrograde Planets> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Namaste,> > > >> > > > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there> > > was> > > > no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you> > > > suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > > >> > > > ...> > > > On 6/28/07, sunil nair < astro_tellerkerala<astro_tellerkerala%40.co.in>>> > > wrote:> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Hare krishna,> > > > dear krishnaji,> > > > As far as retro planets are concerned i also support> > > > the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past> > > > lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with> > > > other textual references> > > > mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> > > > exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her .> > > > rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv> > > her> > > > good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> > > > educational pursuits .> > > > Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and> > > > others> > > > regrds sunil nair> > > > om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> > > > <%40>,> > > Krishnamurthy> > > > Seetharama krishna_1998@ wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> > > > "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not> > >> > > > dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > Well, my> > > daughter> > > > has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I> > > don't> > > > see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a> > > data> > > > point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart,> > > I>> > > > always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't> > > > understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr.> > > Charak,> > > > in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> >> > > Here> > > > are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB:> > > Bangalore> >> > > > I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> Mercury> > > being> > > > one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to your comments,> > > hoping> > > > that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading request.> >> > > > Regards,> Krishna>> > > >> --- Sreenadh sreesog@ wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally> > > >> retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that> > > >> the planet in retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation.> > > But> > > >> there is a cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> >> > > *> > > >> The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >> > > >> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a> > > >> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to> > > >> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results> > > >> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > >> > > they> > > >> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good,> > >> > > >> and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically> > > >> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.ethe> > > >> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets> > > since> > > >> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more> > > and> > > >> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner> > > >> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit> > > is> > > >> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that they > >> > > are> > > >> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may> > > >> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description> > > is> > > >> better to> > understand > > the same] > > > > In the ancient texts> > > apart> > > >> from occasional reference we don't > > find > > many slokas that are> > > >> attributed to the discussion of> > retrograde > > motion. They some> > > how> > > >> seems to be satisfied with the general > > statement, retrograde is> > > good> > > >> for good planets and bad for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the> > > >> retrograde results of individual> > planets are > > neither available> > >> > > >> nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special> > > >> importance to it. > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally> > > >> indicate the> > presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the> > > said> > > >> mans life, which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also> > > >> indicate that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success,> > > even> > > >> though delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also> > > indicate> > > >> that the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual> > > >> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In> > > >> <%40>,> > > "kankan_73" > > kankan_73@> > > >> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know> > > >> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in> > > one's> > > >> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >> > > >> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they> > > >> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord> > >> > > >> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like> > > >> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > > debilitated > > > and> > > >> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your> > >> > > >> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> >> > > ________> > > >> > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's> > > >> updated for today's economy) at Games.>> > > >> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ________> > > > Make every IM count. Download and join the> > > i’m> > > > Initiative now. It’s free.> > > > http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07> > >> > > > > >> >> >>

Guest guest

Dear Pandit Ji,

Namaste.

Brihat Nadi Astrology by Shri R.G.Rao mentions about the Vakra Grahas aspect from the previous house also.

With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.

From: navagrahaDate: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:17:18 -0400Re: Re: Retrograde Planets

Namaste,

On 6/29/07, Prafulla Gang <jyotish (AT) inbox (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart. Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for its retrogression) from 25th year? Like wise - if a planet has become retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as backward to 12th house).regards / Prafulla Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." ************************************************> > ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000>

> RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left over Karmas > from past life which the native during his/her death might have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its lord Budha is in 3rd > house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same designation.My> friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my monetary > position is comparitively better than my friends.Almost most of my> earnings are being spent for the family and other close relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is also Karma Karaka. > Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> from the day of birth till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the number of days becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of > age.This means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I> complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out> that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my > progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I also observed> that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep> increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life. > Now suppose if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra> Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some success > in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars in this list> to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts to get some> more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.> With Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > > From :> navagraha Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re: > Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was > no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you> suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...> On 6/28/07, sunil nair < astro_tellerkerala (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> > > > > > > Hare krishna,> dear krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are concerned i also support> the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past > lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with> other textual references> mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her . > rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her> good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> educational pursuits .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and > others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> , Krishnamurthy> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not > dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > Well, my daughter> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data > point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr. Charak, > in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> > Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB: Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> Mercury being > one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to your comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally >> retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > * >> The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a>> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to >> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results>> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, >> and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since >> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more and>> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner>> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit is >> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is >> better to> > understand > > the same] > > > > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference we don't > > find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion of> > retrograde > > motion. They some how >> seems to be satisfied with the general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of individual> > planets are > > neither available >> nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it. > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> > presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said >> mans life, which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate >> that the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In>> , "kankan_73" > > kankan_73@>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's >> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord >> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > > debilitated > > > and>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your >> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > > >>> >________ >> > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>> updated for today's economy) at Games.>>> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > > > > > ________> Make every IM count. Download and join the i’m> Initiative now. It’s free.> http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07

Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

Guest guest

Dear Dr.Neelam Gupta Ji,

Namaste.

In the horoscope you provided,Guru is Vakra in Karka Rashi.Karka Rashi is the Uccha Rashi for Guru,so as per Uttara Kalamrita,when a planet is in its Uccha Rashi but Vakra it gives the result as if it is debilitated.As this Guru (V) indicates deep rooted Karmic indication,till the age of 46 years his family life and profession will not be prospered or in other words, eventhough he works hard and shows his love and affection towards his wife,and children,he is not getting the same from them in the way he expects.Also eventhough he is a hard working native,he is not happy in his work as he is being neglected in his job.So mentally he is not happy.Just look at Patni Karaka Shukra is with Ketu,the Vairagya Karaka.This is another affliction to his family life.Now from 2002 onwards,there is some relief in his life but there is one more thing is that this Vakra Guru is with Mandi and this indicates that this gentleman is a rebirth to the same family to perform some remedies for the Brahman Shaap which his family might have got 2-3 generations before.A Brahmin boy in the family 2-3 generations before after the performing of Brahmopadesham,died of unnatural death ( might be drowned into water pond or river ? ) and no Kriya Karmas were performed at that time.So this gentleman is born again in the same family to perform the Kriya Karmas for the died person to give Mukti to that soul.Very soon Guru dasa is commencing and he will be forced to perform this remedy.

Now regarding Shani (V),he is 8th and 9th lord placed in 6th.Here the long standing Karmic connection is with father which is not completed in this life and will be postponed to the next life ? You can see debilitated Rahu is coming nearer to Shani to swallow him and Shani going away with fear ( Vakra ).Here Rahu can be considered as some enemies trying to trouble his father and is trying to escape from trouble but this gentleman could not help him.Even in his career also,there are some problems from somebody and he has to pass such difficulties.

The above interpretation is of mine and may be different from other scholars.

With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.

From: cyberart_infosDate: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 00:30:33 -0700RE: Re: Retrograde Planets

Dear Ramadas Raoji,

Thanks for giving us a time parameter for studying the retrogrades. A native has Gemini lagna with 7th and 10lord exalted and retrograde in 2nd house and 8th and ninth lord saturn retrogrades in 6th house. Jupiter becomes direct after 46 days of birth and saturn after 129 days. Does it mean that karmic debts regarding Jupiter will be over after 46 years whereas for saturn they might spill over to next life. The native has a debilitated lagna lord in 10th house with 3rd lord sun. Mars and moon in 7th house and venus is swagrahi in 12th house. Ra is with saturn in 6th house and ke with ven in 12th.

I would really appreciate if you could throw some light on the affects of these positions.

Also I seek comments from all other scholars on the combination. The native is highly qualified professional but is not satisfied with his progress in life. Though he is very well placed. His birth details are: DOB 3.4.56/TOB 11.30/POB Meerut

I will be grateful for all your expert comments.

Thanks

Dr Neelam Gupta

Jyotish AcharyaHosabettuRamadas Rao <ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Dear Prafulla Ji,Regarding Vakra Shukra what you write will hold good.If Shukra is Vakra during birth time and it becomes direct after 25 days, that means the debts of past life connected with the lordship and Karakatta of Shukra will be almost complete and progress in such areas will improve after 25 years of age.Regarding Guru, what you wrote is not correct.Please try to apply these principles and see the results.With Regards,Ramadas Rao.

From: jyotish (AT) inbox (DOT) comDate: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:19:02 -0800RE: Re: Retrograde Planets

Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart. Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for its retrogression) from 25th year?Like wise - if a planet has become retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as backward to 12th house).regards / Prafulla Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."************************************************> > ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000> > RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left over Karmas> from past life which the native during his/her death might have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its lord Budha is in 3rd> house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same designation.My> friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my monetary> position is comparitively better than my friends.Almost most of my> earnings are being spent for the family and other close relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is also Karma Karaka.> Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> from the day of birth till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the number of days becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of> age.This means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I> complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out> that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my> progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I also observed> that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep> increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life.> Now suppose if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra> Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some success> in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars in this list> to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts to get some> more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.> With Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > > From:> navagraha Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re:> Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was> no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you> suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...> On 6/28/07, sunil nair <astro_tellerkerala (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> > > > > > > Hare krishna,> dear krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are concerned i also support> the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past> lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with> other textual references> mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her .> rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her> good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> educational pursuits .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and> others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> , Krishnamurthy> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not> dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > Well, my daughter> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data> point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr. Charak,> in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> > Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB: Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> Mercury being> one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to your comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally>> retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > *>> The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a>> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to>> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results>> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good,>> and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since>> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more and>> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner>> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit is>> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is>> better to> > understand > > the same] > > > > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference we don't > > find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion of> > retrograde > > motion. They some how>> seems to be satisfied with the general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of individual> > planets are > > neither available>> nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it. > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> > presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said>> mans life, which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate>> that the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In>> , "kankan_73" > > kankan_73@>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's>> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord>> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > > debilitated > > > and>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your>> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > > >>> >________>> > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>> updated for today's economy) at Games.>>> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > > > > > ________> Make every IM count. Download and join the i’m> Initiative now. It’s free.> http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07

Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

Cyberart Informations Pvt. Ltd. Greater Noida Unit: D-72 Site IV UPSIDC Industrial Area, Greater Noida - 201308.

Delhi Unit: 1517, Hemkunt Chambers,89 Nehru Place, New Delhi 110 019

Tel.: 9311072053, 9311046517Telefax: 91-120-4231676

E-mail: cyberart_infos cyberart (AT) vsnl (DOT) com Website: www.cyberart.co.in

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Mail Beta. Change is good. See what’s different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!

Guest guest

Dear Ramdas ji

So when retrograde - planet look at previous sign (12th house) or they look from

previous sign (so guru retrograde in taurus - so from aries - it will aspect

5/7/9)?

Now what happens to guru's aspect from taurus? - should it be considered or not

at all. If to be considered ..then will guru influence 8 signs?

regards / Prafulla Gang

http://www.prafulla.net

" The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken

seriously. "

>

> ramadasrao

> Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:10:27 +0000

>

> RE: Re: Retrograde Planets

>

> Dear Pandit Ji,

> Namaste.

> Brihat Nadi Astrology by Shri R.G.Rao mentions about the Vakra Grahas

> aspect from the previous house also.

> With Regards,

> Ramadas Rao.

>

>

> :

> navagraha: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:17:18 -0400Re:

> Re: Retrograde Planets

>

>

>

>

>

> Namaste,

>

> Where is it mentioned that vakri grahas aspect in reverse direction ? Is

> there any support for this?

>

> ...

> On 6/29/07, Prafulla Gang <jyotish wrote:

>

>

>

>

>

> Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in

> someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart.

> Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart

> analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for

> its retrogression) from 25th year? Like wise - if a planet has become

> retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th

> year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as

> backward to 12th house).regards / Prafulla

> Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net " The right to be heard does not automatically

> include the right to be taken seriously. "

> ************************************************> -----Original

> Message-----> ramadasrao Thu, 28 Jun 2007

> 20:37:07 +0000>

>> RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear

>> Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left

>> over Karmas > from past life which the native during his/her death might

>> have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord

>> Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its

>> lord Budha is in 3rd > house in Meena Rashi with Guru and

>> Surya.Eventhough I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am

>> working in the same designation.My> friends got promotions and are in

>> very good status.But my monetary > position is comparitively better than

>> my friends.Almost most of my> earnings are being spent for the family

>> and other close relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating

>> family.Shani is also Karma Karaka. > Also I have worked on this

>> matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it

>> becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> from the day of birth

>> till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the

>> number of days becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra

>> Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting

>> Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of > age.This

>> means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I>

>> complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out>

>> that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my >

>> progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I also observed>

>> that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep>

>> increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life. > Now suppose

>> if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra>

>> Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.>

>> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some

>> success > in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars

>> in this list> to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts

>> to get some> more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.> With

>> Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > > To:

>> :> navagraha:

>> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re:

>> Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> >

>> Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was

>> > no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you>

>> suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...>

>> On 6/28/07, sunil nair < astro_tellerkerala wrote:> > > > >

>> > > Hare krishna,> dear krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are

>> concerned i also support> the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished

>> krama or desires from past > lives ,depending on karakatwas and

>> placements and lordships.Along with> other textual references> mercury

>> in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> exchange of

>> 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her . > rest u know as a

>> scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her> good oral skills

>> and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> educational pursuits

>> .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and

>> > others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> --- In

>> , Krishnamurthy> Seetharama

>> <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> " Too many

>> planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not >

>> dependable (this statement lacks textual support) " > > Well, my daughter>

>> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't>

>> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data

>> > point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart,

>> I>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I >

>> don't> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr.

>> Charak, > in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health

>> problems.> > Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB:

>> 20:35> POB: Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her

>> Mercury MD,> Mercury being > one of the retrograde planets.> > I look

>> forward to your comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request

>> as a chart reading request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh

>> sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally >> retrograde is

>> considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in

>> retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a

>> cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > * >> The

>> planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >>>

>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a>>

>> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to >>

>> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results>>

>> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>>

>> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, >>

>> and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>>

>> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>>

>> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since

>> >> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more

>> and>> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For

>> inner>> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > >

>> orbit is >> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that

>> they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the

>> above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A

>> pictorial description is >> better to> > understand > > the same] > > >

>> > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference we don't > >

>> find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion of> >

>> retrograde > > motion. They some how >> seems to be satisfied with the

>> general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad for

>> > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of

>> individual> > planets are > > neither available >> nor the earlier

>> scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it.

>> > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> >

>> presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said >> mans life,

>> which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate

>> that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though

>> delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate >> that

>> the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>>

>> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In>>

>> , " kankan_73 " > > kankan_73@>>

>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know>>

>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's

>> >> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >>>

>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they>>

>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord >>

>> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like>>

>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > > debilitated > > > and>>

>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your >>

>> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > >

>> >>> >________ >> >

>> Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>>

>> updated for today's economy) at Games.>>>

>> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > >

>> > > > ________> Make

>> every IM count. Download and join the i’m>

>> Initiative now. It’s free.>

>> http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07

>

>

>

>

>

> _______________

> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!

> http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

FREE 3D MARINE AQUARIUM SCREENSAVER - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your

desktop!

Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/marineaquarium

Guest guest

Dear Ramdas ji

Many thanks for clarifictions.

> As you wrote after 25 years, Shukra will act like direct ie., the

> obstructions for the house lordship and its Karakattwas will get

> nullified.

[Prafulla] OK. What about aspects? In natal chart it is retro Shukra. So should

we cease to look at its backward aspect from 25th year?

>If Guru is direct in the natal chart, it is direct only and no

> changes will be made.

[Prafulla] OK. So irrespective of the fact that guru is retrograding at 15th

year, should we ignore that fact? if so - is it not inconsistent approach to

retrograde planets? I am sure sages must have reason to deal with it (like you

said), but I am unable to comprehend it as yet.

> With Regards,

> Ramadas Rao.

regards / Prafulla Gang

http://www.prafulla.net

" The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken

seriously. "

>

>

> : jyotish:

> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:24:12 -0800RE:

> Re: Retrograde Planets

>

>

>

>

> Dear Ramdas jiMany thanks for clarifications.> Regarding Vakra Shukra

> what you write will hold good.If Shukra is Vakra> during birth time and

> it becomes direct after 25 days, that means the> debts of past life

> connected with the lordship and Karakatta of Shukra> will be almost

> complete and progress in such areas will improve after 25> years of

> age.[Prafulla] OK. So after 25 years, we need not take backward aspect,

> while analysing natal chart? OR natal chart must be analysed with venus

> ® - I mean for strength/aspect etc except for karmic debt.>Regarding

> Guru, what you wrote is not correct.> Please try to apply these

> principles and see the results.[Prafulla] OK. No - I was enquiring from

> you. So should I understand that - if guru has become retro in

> progression at specific age, then its aspects must still be considered

> normal one - not the backward (due to its retrogression in progression).I

> look forward to apply these in the charts.regards / Prafulla

> Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net " The right to be heard does not automatically

> include the right to be taken

> seriously. " ************************************************> > > To:

> : jyotish:>

> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:19:02 -0800RE: >

> Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro -

> for example venus is retro in> someone's chart and it becomes direct at

> 25th year of progressed chart.> Should we then - consider it direct for

> the purpose of natal chart> analysis. and if so - should we stop

> considering its backward aspect (for> its retrogression) from 25th

> year?Like wise - if a planet has become> retrograde (for example guru) in

> 15th progressed year. So after 15th> year, should we consider retro for

> natal chart purpose and aspects (as> backward to 12th house).regards /

> Prafulla> Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net " The right to be heard does not

> automatically> include the right to be taken>

> seriously. " ************************************************>>

> > ramadasrao Thu, 28>

> Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000> >>

> RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear>

> Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left>

> over Karmas> from past life which the native during his/her death might>

> have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord>

> Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its>

> lord Budha is in 3rd> house in Meena Rashi with Guru and

> Surya.Eventhough> I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am

> working in the same> designation.My> friends got promotions and are in

> very good status.But my> monetary> position is comparitively better than

> my friends.Almost most of> my> earnings are being spent for the family

> and other close> relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating

> family.Shani is> also Karma Karaka.> Also I have worked on this

> matter.Just check the> longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it

> becomes direct.Now> calculate the number of days> from the day of birth

> till the Graha> becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the

> number of days> becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra

> Shani becomes> direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting

> Karma from the> previous life till I complete 81 years of> age.This means

> there are some> obstacles in my progress in the life till I> complete 81

> years of age, if> I live up to that age.But I also found out> that after

> about 25% of this> total years,some slight increase in my> progress in

> life as some of the> debts have been repaid.I also observed> that after

> about 50% of the total> years ie., around 1992, a steep> increase in my

> life's progress in all> spheres of the life.> Now suppose if the person

> dies before the> stipulated years shown by Vakra> Graha,then again that

> Karma will be> postponed to the next life.> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot

> of pain in this> work and I found some success> in this matter of Vakra

> Grahas.I also> request other scholars in this list> to check the reality

> in my work and> continue their efforts to get some> more deeper

> connections related to> Vakra Grahas.> With Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > >

> To:> :>

> navagraha:> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re:>

> > Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> >

> Isn't the entire horoscope> a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was>

> no unfinished karma, the> native would have achieved moksha. Are you>

> suggesting that retro grahas> show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...>

> On 6/28/07, sunil nair> <astro_tellerkerala wrote:> > > > >

> > > Hare krishna,> dear> krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are

> concerned i also support> the> view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished

> krama or desires from past> lives> ,depending on karakatwas and

> placements and lordships.Along with> other> textual references> mercury

> in her case is in exchange with jupiter and> it becomes an> exchange of

> 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her> .> rest u know as a

> scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv> her> good oral skills

> and may be quest for knowledge and may be various>> educational pursuits

> .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments> from sri .sreenath and>

> others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai> namah.> --- In

> , Krishnamurthy>> Seetharama

> <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >>> " Too many

> planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not>> dependable

> (this statement lacks textual support) " > > Well, my daughter>> has three

> planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't>> see any

> problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data>>

> point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I>>>

> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't>>

> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr.

> Charak,>> in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health

> problems.> >> Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB:

> 20:35> POB:> Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her

> Mercury MD,>> Mercury being> one of the retrograde planets.> > I look

> forward to your> comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request

> as a chart reading> request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh

> sreesog wrote:> > >> Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally>> retrograde is

> considered as good. It is> said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in

> retrograde will give the >> > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a

> cute thing to note. As per> texts> > like > > Saravali-> > *>> The planet

> in retrograde will give> beneficial results all> > on a > >>> sudden ONLY

> IF it is a beneficial> planet.> > * If the planet is a>> malefic, the

> person will suffer for> >> long, and > > will have to>> undertake hard

> effort even for small> benefits and > > the > > results>> would be

> usually delayed. But of> course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>> will

> materialize.> > > > So in> short, benefics in retrograde is good,>> and

> malefics in > > retrograde> is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>>

> retrograde is just our> assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>>

> planet is always in> direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets

> since>> the angle covered> by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is

> more and>> we will feel that> the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For

> inner>> planets when the planet> orbits sun (since the > > earth's > >

> orbit is>> bigger than their orbit)> we will have the feeling> > that

> they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not> being a proper scholar, the

> above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the> actual meaning. A

> pictorial description is>> better to> > understand > >> the same] > > > >

> In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference> we don't > > find

> > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion> of> > retrograde

> > > motion. They some how>> seems to be satisfied with> the general > >

> statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad> for > > bad. >

> > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of> individual> > planets

> are > > neither available>> nor the earlier> scholars seems to attribute>

> > too > > much special>> importance to it. >> > But still 3 planets in

> retrograde generally>> indicate the> > presence> of > > too much opposing

> conditions in the said>> mans life, which he> >> would > > have to over

> come. But the same also>> indicate that at the end> > > he will > > be

> rewarded with success, even>> though delayed. Too> many> > planets in > >

> retrograde may also indicate>> that the man is not> dependable> > (this >

> > statement lacks textual>> support) > > Love,> >> Sreenadh> > > > ---

> In>> ,> " kankan_73 " > >

> kankan_73@>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > >> > I would like

> to know>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their> > > > effects

> in one's>> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3> planets are

> > >>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in> this. What

> they>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result> when Lagna

> Lord>> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > >> theories like>>

> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > >> debilitated > > > and>>

> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.>> > > Kindly give your>>

> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan>> > >> > > > > > > > >

> >>>> >________>> >

> Boardwalk> for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>>

> updated for> today's economy) at Games.>>>>

> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > >

> >> > > ________> Make>

> every IM count. Download and join the i’m>>

> Initiative now. It’s free.>>

> http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07> > >

> ________> Express

> yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!>

>

>

> _______________

> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!

PREVENT ACCESSING DANGEROUS WEBSITES - Protect your computer with Free Web

Security Guard!

More information at http://www.inbox.com/wsg

Guest guest

respected all, my name is mahesh iyer.i always felt like asking this question related to retrograde planets. my GURU is retrograde in 2nd house and its in its own house saggitarius.what does that mean? im confused now after reading sreenadhji's report and robert's report.does a retrograde planet in swagrah mean good or bad or neutral.please explain how this works. Planetary Positions Planet Dir/Ret Speed Degrees Sign Ascendant ---- ---- 14o3'10'' Scorpio Sun Dir 0o57'47'' 5o48'57'' Leo Moon Dir 12o58'0'' 5o19'19'' Capricornus Mars Dir 0o38'8'' 11o8'23'' Leo Mercury Dir 0o33'7'' 18o10'44'' Cancer Jupiter Ret 0o0'33'' 5o1'21'' Sagittarius Venus Dir 0o55'18'' 20o7'8'' Gemini Saturn Dir 0o4'12'' 25o36'26'' Taurus Rahu Ret 0o3'10'' 0o44'47''

Capricornus Ketu Ret 0o3'10'' 0o44'47'' Cancer Uranus Dir 0o2'52'' 22o17'29'' Virgo Neptune Dir 0o0'16'' 9o1'29'' Scorpio Pluto Dir 0o2'0'' 7o12'3'' Virgo The impurity of the mind is destroyed through the performance of duty. MAHESH IYER.

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

Dear Shri Raoji, Namaste Many thanks for your valuable commentry on the chart. I guess you are right about the karmic debts. This native is being thrown into situations for visiting places for tarpan. During the last year only he was made to visit Pushkar and Nasik both. Isn't that quite strange! He was chased by many pundits at pushkar for pitr pooja, but being a non believer, he never did it. After a few months he had to go to Nasik and visited Trimbakeshwar, where he did an exclusive Rudrabhishek, but didn't do pitr pooja. Do you think these visits were indicative of those karmic connections and he lost the chance to perform the pooja. Is there any other remedy for this problem. What will be his Guru MD like. Instead of improving, in 2002, he had to wind up a business of 16 years. although the business was not doing too well, but now its over. His wife is highly educated and into a business which is running extremely well. He is now

involved in the same business. That way this person is quite well off. As expected Rahu-Mars dasha chhidr is not good and has given him health problems. Mars as 6L in 7H with marak 2L and aspecing marak 7L Jupiter in 2H is quite indicative of health problems. Please share your views on results of Jup MD, especially JU-Ju. Regarding Saturn, he does not get along with his father and there is a clash of idealogies which is a life-long problem. If you see saturn has given 0 ashtakvarga points in cancer. therefore, last 2 and a half years of saturns stay in cancer were very troublesome for him. It was ashtak shani also for him. Do you think with shani's transit in Leo things could become better. I shall be grateful if you please give me some more indepth into these areas. Thank you very much NeelamHosabettuRamadas Rao <ramadasrao wrote: Dear Dr.Neelam Gupta Ji,Namaste.In the horoscope you provided,Guru is Vakra in Karka Rashi.Karka Rashi is the Uccha Rashi for Guru,so as per Uttara Kalamrita,when a planet is in its Uccha Rashi but Vakra it gives the result as if it is debilitated.As this Guru (V) indicates deep rooted Karmic indication,till the age of 46 years his family life and profession will not be prospered or in other words, eventhough he works hard and shows his love and affection towards his wife,and children,he is not getting the same from them in the way he expects.Also eventhough he is a hard working native,he is

not happy in his work as he is being neglected in his job.So mentally he is not happy.Just look at Patni Karaka Shukra is with Ketu,the Vairagya Karaka.This is another affliction to his family life.Now from 2002 onwards,there is some relief in his life but there is one more thing is that this Vakra Guru is with Mandi and this indicates that this gentleman is a rebirth to the same family to perform some remedies for the Brahman Shaap which his family might have got 2-3 generations before.A Brahmin boy in the family 2-3 generations before after the performing of Brahmopadesham,died of unnatural death ( might be drowned into water pond or river ? ) and no Kriya Karmas were performed at that time.So this gentleman is born again in the same family to perform the Kriya Karmas for the died person to give Mukti to that soul.Very soon Guru dasa is commencing and he will be forced to perform this remedy.Now regarding Shani (V),he is 8th and 9th lord placed in 6th.Here the

long standing Karmic connection is with father which is not completed in this life and will be postponed to the next life ? You can see debilitated Rahu is coming nearer to Shani to swallow him and Shani going away with fear ( Vakra ).Here Rahu can be considered as some enemies trying to trouble his father and is trying to escape from trouble but this gentleman could not help him.Even in his career also,there are some problems from somebody and he has to pass such difficulties.The above interpretation is of mine and may be different from other scholars.With Regards,Ramadas Rao. From: cyberart_infos Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 00:30:33 -0700RE: Re: Retrograde Planets Dear Ramadas Raoji, Thanks for giving us a time parameter for studying the retrogrades. A native has Gemini lagna with 7th and 10lord exalted and retrograde in 2nd house and 8th and ninth lord saturn retrogrades in 6th house. Jupiter becomes direct after 46 days of birth and saturn after 129 days. Does it mean that karmic debts regarding Jupiter will be over after 46 years whereas for saturn they might spill over to next life. The native has a debilitated lagna lord in 10th house with 3rd lord sun. Mars and moon in 7th house and venus is swagrahi in 12th house. Ra is with saturn in 6th house and ke with ven in 12th. I would really appreciate if you could throw some light on the affects of these positions. Also I seek comments from all other scholars on the combination. The native is highly qualified professional but is not satisfied with his progress in life. Though he is very well placed. His birth details are: DOB 3.4.56/TOB 11.30/POB Meerut I will

be grateful for all your expert comments. Thanks Dr Neelam Gupta Jyotish AcharyaHosabettuRamadas Rao <ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote: Dear Prafulla Ji,Regarding Vakra Shukra what you write will hold good.If Shukra is Vakra during birth time and it becomes direct after 25 days, that means the debts of past life connected with the lordship and Karakatta of Shukra will be almost complete and progress in such areas will improve after 25 years of age.Regarding Guru, what you wrote is not correct.Please try to apply these principles and see the results.With Regards,Ramadas Rao. From: jyotish (AT) inbox (DOT) comDate: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:19:02 -0800RE:

Re: Retrograde Planets Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart. Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for its retrogression) from 25th year?Like wise - if a planet has become retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as backward to 12th house).regards / Prafulla Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."************************************************> -----Original

Message-----> ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:37:07 +0000> > RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left over Karmas> from past life which the native during his/her death might have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its lord Budha is in 3rd> house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same designation.My> friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my monetary> position is comparitively

better than my friends.Almost most of my> earnings are being spent for the family and other close relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is also Karma Karaka.> Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> from the day of birth till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the number of days becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of> age.This means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I> complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out> that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my> progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I

also observed> that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep> increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life.> Now suppose if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra> Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some success> in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars in this list> to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts to get some> more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.> With Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > > From:> navagraha Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re:>

Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> > Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was> no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you> suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...> On 6/28/07, sunil nair <astro_tellerkerala (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> > > > > > > Hare krishna,> dear krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are concerned i also support> the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past> lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with> other textual references> mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her .> rest

u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her> good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> educational pursuits .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and> others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> , Krishnamurthy> Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not> dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > Well, my daughter> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data> point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde

in her chart, I>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr. Charak,> in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> > Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB: Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> Mercury being> one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to your comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally>> retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a cute thing to note.

As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > *>> The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a>> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to>> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results>> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good,>> and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since>> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that

planet) is more and>> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner>> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit is>> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is>> better to> > understand > > the same] > > > > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference we don't > > find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion of> > retrograde > > motion. They some how>> seems to be satisfied with the general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde

results of individual> > planets are > > neither available>> nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it. > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> > presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said>> mans life, which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate>> that the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In>> , "kankan_73" > > kankan_73@>> wrote:

> > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's>> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord>> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > > debilitated > > > and>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your>> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > > >>>

>________>> > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>> updated for today's economy) at Games.>>> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > > > > > ________> Make every IM count. Download and join the i’m> Initiative now. It’s free.> http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07 Hotmail to go? Get your

Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile Cyberart Informations Pvt. Ltd. Greater Noida Unit: D-72 Site IV UPSIDC Industrial Area, Greater Noida - 201308. Delhi Unit: 1517, Hemkunt Chambers,89 Nehru Place, New Delhi 110 019 Tel.: 9311072053, 9311046517Telefax: 91-120-4231676 E-mail: cyberart_infos cyberart (AT) vsnl (DOT) com Website: www.cyberart.co.in Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Mail Beta. Change is good. See what’s different about Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out! Cyberart Informations Pvt. Ltd. Greater Noida Unit: D-72 Site IV UPSIDC Industrial Area, Greater Noida - 201308. Delhi Unit: 1517, Hemkunt Chambers,89 Nehru Place, New Delhi 110 019 Tel.: 9311072053, 9311046517Telefax: 91-120-4231676 E-mail: cyberart_infos cyberart Website: www.cyberart.co.in

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

Dear Prafulla Ji,

Yes, 8 signs and you apply and see how it works.

With Regards,

Ramadas Rao.

From: jyotishDate: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:17:22 -0800RE: Re: Retrograde Planets

Dear Ramdas jiSo when retrograde - planet look at previous sign (12th house) or they look from previous sign (so guru retrograde in taurus - so from aries - it will aspect 5/7/9)? Now what happens to guru's aspect from taurus? - should it be considered or not at all. If to be considered ..then will guru influence 8 signs?regards / Prafulla Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."************************************************> > ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:10:27 +0000> > RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear Pandit Ji,> Namaste.> Brihat Nadi Astrology by Shri R.G.Rao mentions about the Vakra Grahas> aspect from the previous house also.> With Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > From:> navagraha Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:17:18 -0400Re:> Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> > Where is it mentioned that vakri grahas aspect in reverse direction ? Is> there any support for this?> > ...> On 6/29/07, Prafulla Gang <jyotish (AT) inbox (DOT) com> wrote:> > > > > > Dear Ramdas ji,So if planet is retro - for example venus is retro in> someone's chart and it becomes direct at 25th year of progressed chart.> Should we then - consider it direct for the purpose of natal chart> analysis. and if so - should we stop considering its backward aspect (for> its retrogression) from 25th year? Like wise - if a planet has become> retrograde (for example guru) in 15th progressed year. So after 15th> year, should we consider retro for natal chart purpose and aspects (as> backward to 12th house).regards / Prafulla> Ganghttp://www.prafulla.net"The right to be heard does not automatically> include the right to be taken seriously."> ************************************************> -----Original> Message-----> ramadasrao (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> Thu, 28 Jun 2007> 20:37:07 +0000> >> RE: Re: Retrograde Planets> > Dear>> Pandit Ji,> Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left>> over Karmas > from past life which the native during his/her death might>> have thought> of.> For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord>> Shani is Vakra and is> placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its>> lord Budha is in 3rd > house in Meena Rashi with Guru and>> Surya.Eventhough I am quite qualified> person,from last 30 years, I am>> working in the same designation.My> friends got promotions and are in>> very good status.But my monetary > position is comparitively better than>> my friends.Almost most of my> earnings are being spent for the family>> and other close relatives.See> that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating>> family.Shani is also Karma Karaka. > Also I have worked on this>> matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra> Graha and see when it>> becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days> from the day of birth>> till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one day> as one year,so the>> number of days becomes number of years.For example in> my chart, Vakra>> Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some> long awaiting>> Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of > age.This>> means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I>>> complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out>>> that after about 25% of this total years,some slight increase in my >>> progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I also observed>>> that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep>>> increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life. > Now suppose>> if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra>>> Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.>>> Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some>> success > in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars>> in this list> to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts>> to get some> more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.> With>> Regards,> Ramadas Rao.> > > > To:>> From :> navagraha Date:>> Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re:>> Re: Retrograde Planets> > > > > > Namaste,> >>> Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was>> > no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you>>> suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma.> > ...>>> On 6/28/07, sunil nair < astro_tellerkerala (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:> > > > >>> > > Hare krishna,> dear krishnaji,> As far as retro planets are>> concerned i also support> the view of sri ramadasji ,some unfinished>> krama or desires from past > lives ,depending on karakatwas and>> placements and lordships.Along with> other textual references> mercury>> in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an> exchange of>> 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her . > rest u know as a>> scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her> good oral skills>> and may be quest for knowledge and may be various> educational pursuits>> .> Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and>> > others> regrds sunil nair> om shreem mahalaxmai namah.> --- In>> , Krishnamurthy> Seetharama>> <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadh, > > You said:> >> "Too many>> planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not >>> dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > Well, my daughter>>> has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't>>> see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data>> > point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart,>> I>> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I >>> don't> understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr.>> Charak, > in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health>> problems.> > Here> are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB:>> 20:35> POB: Bangalore> >> I would be interested to know how would be her>> Mercury MD,> Mercury being > one of the retrograde planets.> > I look>> forward to your comments, hoping> that you won't consider > my request>> as a chart reading request.> >> Regards,> Krishna>>> --- Sreenadh>> sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally >> retrograde is>> considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that>> the planet in>> retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But>> there is a>> cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > * >> The>> planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > >>>>> sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a>>>> malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to >>>> undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results>>>> would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> > Dasa > > they>>>> will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, >>>> and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically>>>> retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the>>>> planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since>> >> the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more>> and>> we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For>> inner>> planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > >>> orbit is >> bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that>> they > > are>> in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the>> above words may>> fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A>> pictorial description is >> better to> > understand > > the same] > > >>> > In the ancient texts apart>> from occasional reference we don't > >>> find > > many slokas that are>> attributed to the discussion of> >>> retrograde > > motion. They some how >> seems to be satisfied with the>> general > > statement, retrograde is good>> for good planets and bad for>> > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the>> retrograde results of>> individual> > planets are > > neither available >> nor the earlier>> scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special>> importance to it.>> > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally>> indicate the> >>> presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said >> mans life,>> which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also>> indicate>> that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even>> though>> delayed. Too many> > planets in > > retrograde may also indicate >> that>> the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual>>>> support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > --- In>>>> , "kankan_73" > > kankan_73@>>>> wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know>>>> something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's>> >> life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > >>>>> retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they>>>> signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord >>>> itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like>>>> Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > > debilitated > > > and>>>> vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your >>>> views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > >>> >>> >________ >> >>> Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's>>>> updated for today's economy) at Games.>>>>> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow>> > > > > >>> > > > ________> Make>> every IM count. Download and join the i’m>>> Initiative now. It’s free.>>> http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07> > > > > > ________> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE!> http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/________FREE 3D MARINE AQUARIUM SCREENSAVER - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop!Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/marineaquarium Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile

Guest guest

Dear Manoj,

In my opinion, marriage for your brother could be somewhere in mid

December 2007 or early next year. He will start Moon MD and saturn

is 7L from moon who will be transiting in Leo. Jupiter will also be

aspecting Leo, the moon sign after November this double transit is

capable of giving him marriage in Moon Md and moon AD.

From lagna, there is an exchange between 7th and 8th lord. Malefics

mars and sun are in 7H. Venus, the 8L also debilitates in 7H. 5L

moon is in 6H whose dispositor sun is in 7H. This could mean a

marriage which will encounter problems and obstacles. There could

have been a broken love affair or marriage situation in the past.

He will have to work on getting married as well as on staying

married. Marital happiness is somewhat be elusive for him.

I would like to see what others have to say about this.

Neelam Gupta

, manoj devsharma

<manojdevsharma wrote:

>

> Respected Jyotish Acharya Ji

>

> Please predict marriage of my brother Manish .

> His details are as follows:

> DOB: 11-OCTOBER-1974

> POB: RAMPUR (UP)

> TOB: 6.00 PM

>

> I SHALL BE GRAETFUL IF LEARNED SCHOLORS OF THIS FORUM COULD

PLEASE ADVISE ON THE MATTER.

>

> REGARDS

>

> MANOJ

>

>

>

> Don't pick lemons.

> See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

>

Guest guest

I've also heard this explanation for retrograde planets in western astrology as well. How do we rationalize it?HosabettuRamadas Rao <ramadasrao wrote: Dear Kannan Ji,Also the Vakra Grahas indicate the area of past life Karmas left out and the person tries to wipe out such debts in this life depending on the lordships and Karakattwas of the houses these planets belong to.With Best Regards,Ramadas Rao. To:

From: sreesog Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:07:00 +0000 Re: Retrograde Planets Dear Kannan ji,Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said in Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give the result of exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per texts like Saravali-* The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all on a sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.* If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer for long, and will have to undertake hard effort even for small benefits and the results would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of Dasa they will materialize.So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, and malefics in retrograde is bad.Thinking astronomically

retrograde is just our assumption and it never happens. i.e the planet is always in direct motion but - * for outer planets since the angle covered by earth (compared to that planet) is more and we will feel that the planet is in retrograde.* For inner planets when the planet orbits sun (since the earth's orbit is bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling that they are in retrograde.[Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may fail to reflect the actual meaning. A pictorial description is better to understand the same] In the ancient texts apart from occasional reference we don't find many slokas that are attributed to the discussion of retrograde motion. They some how seems to be satisfied with the general statement, retrograde is good for good planets and bad for bad. Slokas that describe the retrograde results of individual planets are neither available nor the earlier scholars seems to

attribute too much special importance to it.But still 3 planets in retrograde generally indicate the presence of too much opposing conditions in the said mans life, which he would have to over come. But the same also indicate that at the end he will be rewarded with success, even though delayed. Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man is not dependable (this statement lacks textual support)Love,Sreenadh , "kankan_73" <kankan_73 wrote:>> Dear Sreenadhji,> > I would like to know something about Retrograde Planets and their > effects in one's life.> Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are retrograde. Is there > anything special in this. What they signify. Particularly what is the > result when

Lagna Lord itself is retrograde. I have heard some > theories like Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like debilitated > and vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> Kindly give your views.> > Thanks & regards,> Kannan> Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club. Join Live Search Club!

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.

Guest guest

Pretty interesting, any other case studies. I think this would make a great research topic.HosabettuRamadas Rao <ramadasrao wrote: Dear Pandit Ji,Yes, You are correct.The Vakra Grahas indicate strong left over Karmas from past life which the native during his/her death might have thought of.For example, in my chart, Makara Lagna whose lord Shani is Vakra and is placed in 9th house ie., in Kanya Rashi while its lord Budha is in 3rd house in Meena Rashi with Guru and Surya.Eventhough I am quite

qualified person,from last 30 years, I am working in the same designation.My friends got promotions and are in very good status.But my monetary position is comparitively better than my friends.Almost most of my earnings are being spent for the family and other close relatives.See that Shani is also 2nd lord indicating family.Shani is also Karma Karaka.Also I have worked on this matter.Just check the longitude of the Vakra Graha and see when it becomes direct.Now calculate the number of days from the day of birth till the Graha becomes direct.Now consider one day as one year,so the number of days becomes number of years.For example in my chart, Vakra Shani becomes direct after 81 days,so there will be some long awaiting Karma from the previous life till I complete 81 years of age.This means there are some obstacles in my progress in the life till I complete 81 years of age, if I live up to that age.But I also found out that after about 25% of this total years,some

slight increase in my progress in life as some of the debts have been repaid.I also observed that after about 50% of the total years ie., around 1992, a steep increase in my life's progress in all spheres of the life.Now suppose if the person dies before the stipulated years shown by Vakra Graha,then again that Karma will be postponed to the next life.Ofcourse,I have taken a lot of pain in this work and I found some success in this matter of Vakra Grahas.I also request other scholars in this list to check the reality in my work and continue their efforts to get some more deeper connections related to Vakra Grahas.With Regards,Ramadas Rao. From: navagraha Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:02:09 -0400Re: Re: Retrograde Planets Namaste, Isn't the entire horoscope a mirror onto unfinished karma? If there was no unfinished karma, the native would have achieved moksha. Are you suggesting that retro grahas show a very strong/adridha karma. ... On 6/28/07, sunil nair <astro_tellerkerala (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote: Hare krishna,dear krishnaji, As far as retro planets are concerned i also support the view of sri

ramadasji ,some unfinished krama or desires from past lives ,depending on karakatwas and placements and lordships.Along with other textual references mercury in her case is in exchange with jupiter and it becomes an exchange of 5th and 11th lords,so i dont think bad for her . rest u know as a scholar urself .This exchange other wise might giv her good oral skills and may be quest for knowledge and may be various educational pursuits .Pls clarify ,also i invite scholarly comments from sri .sreenath and othersregrds sunil nair om shreem mahalaxmai namah. , Krishnamurthy Seetharama <krishna_1998 wrote:>> Dear

Sreenadh, > > You said:> > "Too many planets in retrograde may also indicate that the man> is not dependable (this statement lacks textual support)"> > Well, my daughter has three planets retrograde. She is about 17 > years now. And, I don't see any problems with dependability so> far. I am just giving you a data point.> > In any case, as three planets are retrograde in her chart, I> always see it as a roadblock to analyse her chart myself as I > don't understand the correct effect of a planet being> retrograde. Dr. Charak, in his book, says that retrograde> planets cause health problems.> > Here are the birth details:> > DOB: 11-Jan-1990> TOB: 20:35> POB: Bangalore> > I would be interested to know how would be her Mercury MD,> Mercury being one of the retrograde planets.> > I look forward to

your comments, hoping that you won't consider > my request as a chart reading request.> > Regards,> Krishna> > --- Sreenadh sreesog wrote:> > > Dear Kannan ji,> > Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > > Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give the > > result of > > exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per texts> > like > > Saravali-> > * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all> > on a > > sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> > * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer for> > long, and > > will have to undertake hard effort even for small benefits and > > the > > results would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of> >

Dasa > > they will materialize.> > > > So in short, benefics in retrograde is good, and malefics in > > retrograde is bad.> > > > Thinking astronomically retrograde is just our assumption and> > it > > never happens. i.e the planet is always in direct motion but -> > > > * for outer planets since the angle covered by earth> > (compared to > > that planet) is more and we will feel that the planet is in > > retrograde.> > * For inner planets when the planet orbits sun (since the > > earth's > > orbit is bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling> > that they > > are in retrograde.> > [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may fail to > > reflect > > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is better to> > understand > > the same]

> > > > In the ancient texts apart from occasional reference we don't > > find > > many slokas that are attributed to the discussion of> > retrograde > > motion. They some how seems to be satisfied with the general > > statement, retrograde is good for good planets and bad for > > bad. > > Slokas that describe the retrograde results of individual> > planets are > > neither available nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute> > too > > much special importance to it. > > But still 3 planets in retrograde generally indicate the> > presence of > > too much opposing conditions in the said mans life, which he> > would > > have to over come. But the same also indicate that at the end > > he will > > be rewarded with success, even though delayed. Too many> > planets in

> > retrograde may also indicate that the man is not dependable> > (this > > statement lacks textual support) > > Love,> > Sreenadh> > > > , "kankan_73" > > kankan_73@ wrote: > > >> > > Dear Sreenadhji,> > > > > > I would like to know something about Retrograde Planets and> > their > > > effects in one's life.> > > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are > > retrograde. Is > > there > > > anything special in this. What they signify. Particularly> > what is > > the > > > result when Lagna Lord itself is retrograde. I have heard > > some > > > theories like Retrograde planets in exaltation

acts like > > debilitated > > > and vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > > Kindly give your views. > > > > > > Thanks & regards,> > > Kannan> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.> http://get.games./proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow> Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club. Join Live Search Club!

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

Guest guest

If he is a 'spiritual head' of a sect, why is he consulting you? Genuinely spiritual personalities never consult jyotishis, for they have no need for it, they simply transcend such things.manoj sharma <swastik_astro wrote: dear friend kankan Uttar kalamrit written by Kalidasa also shed some light on retrograde planet. it said when the planet is retrograde its effect is reverse i.e. good in debliation & bad in uccha. one of my client has a meena lagna with debliated jupitar in

11th house. he is a spritual head of some sect (sorry i can't give more detail of his sect) after start of ju md he faced a lots of problems like enemy, loss in business, court case & so on. i suggest him to wear a yellow saphire & worship of devi baglamukhi. after that he get some relife. one of my client has 3 retro planets but he is quite rich & happy (so far). thanks kankan_73 <kankan_73 > wrote: Dear Sreenadhji/Ramadasji and other learned members,Thanks for replying to my query. I am happy that my query initiated a good discussion on the subject. This type of discussions are very helpful for everyone. I request all learned members to continue this discussion. I have one request. Please put some light on "Lagna Lord Retrograde",

irrespective of malefic or benefic (Lagna lord is always a benefic, I think).Thanks & regards,Kannan , "Sreenadh" <sreesog wrote:>> Dear Kannan ji,> Generally retrograde is considered as good. It is said in > Phaladeepika that the planet in retrograde will give the result of > exaltation. But there is a cute thing to note. As per texts like > Saravali-> * The planet in retrograde will give beneficial results all on a > sudden ONLY IF it is a beneficial planet.> * If the planet is a malefic, the person will suffer for long, and > will have to undertake hard effort even for small benefits and the > results would be usually delayed. But of course at the end of Dasa > they will materialize.> > So in short,

benefics in retrograde is good, and malefics in > retrograde is bad.> > Thinking astronomically retrograde is just our assumption and it > never happens. i.e the planet is always in direct motion but - > * for outer planets since the angle covered by earth (compared to > that planet) is more and we will feel that the planet is in > retrograde.> * For inner planets when the planet orbits sun (since the earth's > orbit is bigger than their orbit) we will have the feeling that they > are in retrograde.> [Me not being a proper scholar, the above words may fail to reflect > the actual meaning. A pictorial description is better to understand > the same] > > In the ancient texts apart from occasional reference we don't find > many slokas that are attributed to the discussion of retrograde > motion. They some how seems to be satisfied with

the general > statement, retrograde is good for good planets and bad for bad. > Slokas that describe the retrograde results of individual planets are > neither available nor the earlier scholars seems to attribute too > much special importance to it.> But still 3 planets in retrograde generally indicate the presence of > too much opposing conditions in the said mans life, which he would > have to over come. But the same also indicate that at the end he will > be rewarded with success, even though delayed. Too many planets in > retrograde may also indicate that the man is not dependable (this > statement lacks textual support)> Love,> Sreenadh> > , "kankan_73" > <kankan_73@> wrote:> >> > Dear

Sreenadhji,> > > > I would like to know something about Retrograde Planets and their > > effects in one's life.> > Today, I have seen a chart in which 3 planets are retrograde. Is > there > > anything special in this. What they signify. Particularly what is > the > > result when Lagna Lord itself is retrograde. I have heard some > > theories like Retrograde planets in exaltation acts like > debilitated > > and vise versa. Is there some thing more than this.> > Kindly give your views.> > > > Thanks & regards,> > Kannan> >> Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.