IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Daily Words of the Buddha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 09, 2006With all his attachments cut,with the heart's pining subdued,calm and serene and happy is he,for he has attained peace of mind.Samyutta Nikaya I, 212"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 10, 2006For one who mindfully develops Boundless loving-kindnessSeeing the destruction of clinging,The fetters are worn away. Itivuttaka 27"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 11, 2006Wonderful it is to train the mindso swiftly moving, seizing whatever it wants.Good is it to have a well-trained mind,for a well-trained mind brings happiness.Dhammapada 35"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 14, 2006Above, across or back again,wherever he goes in the worldlet him carefully scrutinisethe rise and fall of compounded things.Itivuttaka 120"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 15, 2006They do not lament over the past,they yearn not for what is to come,they maintain themselves in the present,thus their complexion is sereneSamyutta Nikaya I, 5"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 17, 2006Let no one deceive anotheror despise anyone anywhere,or through anger or irritationwish for another to suffer. Sutta Nipata I, 8"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 19, 2006If one, longing for sensual pleasure, achieves, yes,he's enraptured at heart. The mortal gets what he wants.But if for that person -longing, desiring- the pleasures diminish,he's shattered, as if shot with an arrow. Sutta Nipata IV, 1"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 25, 2006A disciple should avoid taking anything from anywhere knowing it (to belong to another). He should not steal nor incite another to steal. He should completely avoid theft. Sutta Nipata II, 14"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 27, 2006Much though he recites the sacred texts, but acts not accordingly, that heedless man is like a cowherd who only counts the cows of others -- he does not partake of the blessings of the holy life. Dhammapada 19"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 28, 2006Blissful is passionlessness in the world,The overcoming of sensual desires;But the abolition of the conceit I am -- That is truly the supreme bliss. Udana II, 1"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 29, 2006Little though he recites the sacred texts, but puts the Teaching into practice, forsaking lust, hatred, and delusion, with true wisdom and emancipated mind, clinging to nothing of this or any other world -- he indeed partakes of the blessings of a holy life. Dhammapada 20"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 01, 2006Heedfulness is the path to the Deathless. Heedlessness is the path to death. The heedful die not. The heedless are as if dead already. Dhammapada 21"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 04, 2006Whoever takes a stickto beings desiring ease,when he himself is looking for ease,will meet with no ease after death.Whoever doesn't take a stickto beings desiring ease,when he himself is looking for ease,will meet with ease after death. Udana II, 3"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 08, 2006Though all his life a fool associates with a wise man, he no more comprehends the Truth than a spoon tastes the flavor of the soup. Dhammapada 64"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 10, 2006That bhikkhu who has crossed the mire,Crushed the thorn of sensual desire,And reached the destruction of delusionIs not perturbed by pleasures and pains. Udana III, 2"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 11, 2006One is the quest for worldly gain, and quite another is the path to Nibbana. Clearly understanding this, let not the monk, the disciple of the Buddha, be carried away by worldly acclaim, but develop detachment instead. Dhammapada 75"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 12, 2006Through conviction one crosses over the flood.Through heedfulness, the sea.Through persistence one overcomes suffering & stress.Through discernment a person is purified. Sutta Nipata I, 10"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 15, 2006Just as a mountain of rock,is unwavering, well-settled,so the monk whose delusion is ended,like a mountain, is undisturbed. Udana III, 4"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 17, 2006Few among men are those who cross to the farther shore. The rest, the bulk of men, only run up and down the hither bank. But those who act according to the perfectly taught Dhamma will cross the realm of Death, so difficult to cross. Dhammapada 85-6"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 18, 2006If a man going down into a river, swollen and swiftly flowing, is carried away by the current -- how can he help others across? Sutta Nipata II, 8"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 19, 2006The fever of passion exists not for him who has completed the journey, who is sorrowless and wholly set free, and has broken all ties. Dhammapada 90"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 22, 2006Exalted in mind & heedful,the sage trained in sagacity's ways:He has no sorrows, one who is Such,calmed & ever mindful. Udana IV, 7"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 23, 2006As a mother would risk her lifeto protect her child, her only child,even so should one cultivate a limitless heartwith regard to all beings.Sutta Nipata I, 8"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 25, 2006O house-builder, you are seen! You will not build this house again. For your rafters are broken and your ridgepole shattered. My mind has reached the Unconditioned; I have attained the destruction of craving. Dhammapada 154"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaOctober 28, 2006With good will for the entire cosmos,cultivate a limitless heart:Above, below, & all around,unobstructed, without hostility or hate.Sutta Nipata I, 8"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Messenger's cheap PC-to-Phone call rates.