IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Daily Words of the Buddha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 06, 2006This is to be done by one skilled in aimswho wants to break through to the state of peace:Be capable, upright, & straightforward,easy to instruct, gentle, & not conceited,content & easy to support,with few duties, living lightly,with peaceful faculties, masterful,modest, & no greed for supporters. Do not do the slightest thingthat the wise would later censure. Sutta Nipata I, 8"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 08, 2006No mother nor father norany other kin can dogreater good for oneselfthan a mind directed well.Dhammapada 43"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 09, 2006One who has crossed over the mire,crushed the thorn of sensuality,reached the ending of delusion,is a monk undisturbed by bliss & pain. Udana III, 2"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 13, 2006One who is virtuous and wiseshines forth like a blazing fire;like a bee collecting nectarhe acquires wealth by harming none.Digha Nikaya III, 188"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 14, 2006In every virtue all-accomplished,with wisdom full and mind composed,looking within and ever mindful-thus one crosses the raging flood.Sutta Nipata 174"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 15, 2006By love they will quench the fire of hate,by wisdom the fire of delusion.Those supreme ones extinguish delusionwith wisdom that breaks through to truth.Itivuttaka 93 "To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 17, 2006Wisdom springs from meditation; without meditation wisdom wanes. Having known these two paths of progress and decline, let a man so conduct himself that his wisdom may increase. Dhammapada 282"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Try it free.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 19, 2006Entangled by the bonds of hate, he who seeks his own happiness by inflicting pain on others, is never delivered from hatred. Dhammapada 291"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 21, 2006Ever virtuous and wise,with mind collected,Reflecting on oneself and ever mindful,One crosses the flood so difficult to cross.Sutta Nipata 174"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 24, 2006One by one, little by little, moment by moment, a wise man should remove his own impurities, as a smith removes his dross from silver. Dhammapada 239"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to .

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 25, 2006One should give up anger, renounce pride, and overcome all fetters. Suffering never befalls him who clings not to mind and body and is detached. Dhammapada 221"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Try it free.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 30, 2006Those to whom the Dhamma is clearare not led into other doctrines;perfectly enlightened with perfect knowledge,they walk evenly over the uneven.Samyutta Nikaya I, 4"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 01, 2006Let a man guard himself against irritability in thought; let him be controlled in mind. Abandoning mental misconduct, let him practice good conduct in thought. Dhammapada 233"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 02, 2006Silent in body, silent in speech,silent in mind, without defilement,blessed with silence is the sage.He is truly washed of evil.Itivuttaka 56"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 06, 2006Arise! Do not be heedless! Lead a righteous life. The righteous live happily both in this world and the next. Dhammapada 168"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 08, 2006Of all the fragrances -- sandal, tagara, blue lotus and jasmine -- the fragrance of virtue is the sweetest. Dhammapada 55"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 09, 2006Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let him resolutely pursue a solitary course; there is no fellowship with the fool. Dhammapada 61"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 10, 2006When the Buddha teaches othershe does so out of compassion,because the Tathagata is wholly freedfrom both favour and aversion.Samyutta Nikaya I, 111"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 12, 2006The good renounce (attachment for) everything. The virtuous do not prattle with a yearning for pleasures. The wise show no elation or depression when touched by happiness or sorrow. Dhammapada 83current d: aoclery.******************************************"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 14, 2006Even when obstacles crowd in,the path to Nibbana can be wonby those who establish mindfulnessand bring to perfection equipoise.Samyutta Nikaya I, 48"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaAugust 18, 2006I have love for the footless,for the bipeds too I have love;I have love for those with four feet,for the many-footed I have love.Anguttara Nikaya II, 72"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 04, 2006One is one's own protector, one is one's own refuge. Therefore, one should control oneself, even as a trader controls a noble steed. Dhammapada 380"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 05, 2006One who is a master of knowledge,Who has lived the holy life,Is called one gone to the world's end,One who has reached the further shore. Itivuttaka 109"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 06, 2006Let go of the past, let go of the future, let go of the present, and cross over to the farther shore of existence. With mind wholly liberated, you shall come no more to birth and death. Dhammapada 348"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaSeptember 07, 2006A person with good eyes,encountering a treacherous, uneven place,would try hard to avoid it.A wise person, in the world of life,should avoid evil deeds.Udana V, 3 "To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.