IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Daily Words of the Buddha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaMay 28, 2006"Abstain from all unwholesome deeds,perform wholesome ones,purify your mind"-this is the teaching of the Buddhas.Dhammapada 183"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaMay 29, 2006Learn this from the waters:in mountain clefts and chasms,loud gush the streamlets,but great rivers flow silently.Sutta Nipata 720"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaMay 30, 2006Freedom from lust is happiness in the world,the going beyond all sensual desires.But the crushing out of the conceit "I am"-this is the highest happiness.Udana 10"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaMay 31, 2006With all his attachments cut,with the heart's pining subdued,calm and serene and happy is he,for he has attained peace of mind.Samyutta Nikaya I, 212"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 01, 2006May all creatures, all living things,all beings one and all,experience good fortune only.May they not fall into harm.Anguttara Nikaya II, 72"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 02, 2006"As I am, so are others;as others are, so am I."Having thus identified self and others,harm no one nor have them harmed.Sutta Nipata 705"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 03, 2006One should first establish oneselfin what is proper and only thentry to instruct others. Doing this,the wise one will not be criticized.Dhammapada 158"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 04, 2006Hate brings great misfortune,hate churns up and harms the mind;this fearful danger deep withinmost people do not understand.Itivuttaka 84"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 06, 2006Let no one deceive anotheror despise anyone anywhere,or through anger or irritationwish for another to suffer. Khuddakapatha 9"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 07, 2006Winning gives birth to hostility.Losing, one lies down in pain.The calmed lie down with ease,having set winning & losing aside. Samyutta Nikaya III, 14"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 08, 2006If you hold yourself dearthen don't fetter yourself with evil,for happiness isn't easily gainedby one who commits a wrong-doing. Samyutta Nikaya III, 4"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 09, 2006Having killed anger you sleep in ease.Having killed anger you do not grieve.The noble ones praise the slaying of anger-- with its honeyed crest & poison root -- for having killed it you do not grieve. Samyutta Nikaya II, 70"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 10, 2006With desire the world is tied down.With the subduing of desire it's freed. With the abandoning of desire all bonds are cut through. Samyutta Nikaya II, 69"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 11, 2006Life is swept along,next-to-nothing its span.For one swept to old ageno shelters exist.Perceiving this danger in death,one should drop the world's baitand look for peace. Samyutta Nikaya II, 19"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 20, 2006One is not low because of birthnor does birth make one holy.Deeds alone make one low,deeds alone make one holy.Sutta Nipata 136"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 22, 2006Generosity, kind words,doing a good turn for others,and treating all people alike:these bonds of sympathy are to the worldwhat the lynch-pin is to the chariot wheel.Anguttara Nikaya II, 32"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Sneak preview the all-new .com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 23, 2006By doing evil, one defiles oneself;by avoiding evil, one purifies oneself.Purity and impurity depend upon oneself:no one can purify another.Dhammapada 165"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 24, 2006Knowing that the other person is angry,one who remains mindful and calmacts for his own best interestand for the other's interest, too.Samyutta Nikaya I, 162"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 27, 2006"Impermanent are all compounded things."When one perceives this with true insight,then one becomes detached from suffering;this is the path of purification.Dhammapada 277"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 28, 2006The gift of Dhamma triumphs over all other gifts;the taste of Dhamma triumphs over all other tastes;the happiness of Dhamma triumphs over all other pleasures;the eradication of craving triumphs over all suffering.Dhammapada 354"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 29, 2006Those of peaceful mind, discerning,mindful and given to meditation,clearly see things rightlyand long not for sensual pleasures.Itivuttaka"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJune 30, 2006Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace. Dhammapada 100"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 02, 2006Make an island of yourself,make yourself your refuge;there is no other refuge.Make truth your island,make truth your refuge;there is no other refuge.Digha Nikaya, 16"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 03, 2006Just as a mountain of rock,is unwavering, well-settled,so the monk whose delusion is ended,like a mountain, is undisturbed. Udana III, 4"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Mail Beta.

Guest guest

Pariyatti <dailywords wrote: Daily Words of the BuddhaJuly 04, 2006Think not lightly of good, saying, "It will not come to me." Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good. Dhammapada 122"To my mind the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being."--Mahatma Gandhi

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail Beta.