Sign in to follow this  
Smiley

Can homosexuality be cured by Yoga?

Rate this topic

Hindu guru claims homosexuality can be 'cured' by yoga

The world's most popular Hindu guru, Swami "Baba" Ramdev,

has claimed homosexuality can be "cured" by yoga in a petition

to India's Supreme Court.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/5780028/Hindu-guru-claims-homosexuality-can-be-cured-by-yoga.html

Yogevangelist Swami Ramdev Protests Homosexuality,

Claims it a ‘Defect’ ‘Cured’ with Yoga

www.yogadork.com/2009/07/09/yogevangelist-swami-ramdev-protests-homosexuality-claims-it-a-defect-to-be-cured-with-yoga

swami_ramdev_gayprideflag.jpg

Edited by Smiley

Any cure for this dread disease of homosexuality is welcome. How some peoples subtle bodies end up identifying with one gender while inhabitating the body of the opposite gender I don't exactly know but it certainly is a defect , an aberration of nature

I agree with you Theist; and the homosexuals are pushing their agenda worldwide. They were not satisfied with decriminalization - they want to brainwash everyone into seeing their carnal relationships as equivalent to heterosexual marriage. Sometimes they are very subtle with their arguments, such as

in ancient India, they even celebrated sex as an enjoyable part of procreation, where priests were invited for ceremonies in their home to mark the beginning of the process http://blogs.yogajournal.com/yogabuzz/2009/07/swami-baba-ramdev-says-yoga-can-cure-homosexuality.html

Perhaps all of this nonsense will hasten the advent of Sri Kalki.

It will also cure heterosexually.

Well Swami Ramdev has sworn off sex, saying "it is not love".

However many Westerners claim that Hatha Yoga makes gives

them a better sex life. Perhaps it depends on the individual?

Well Swami Ramdev has sworn off sex, saying "it is not love".

However many Westerners claim that Hatha Yoga makes gives

them a better sex life. Perhaps it depends on the individual?

Besides which human life is meant as a trasitional life from the material into the spiritual. The Lord has arrangement human life according to certain principles such as the grihastra ashrama or the equivilant in our societies. In this way marriage has His blessing. In the Gita He states he is that sex life that is not contrary to religious principles. Homosexuality is contrary to religious principles. Prabhupada states in his purports to the Bhagvatam that the desire of a male to have sex with another male is demonic.

It is a nasty deviation from nature. Simple observation with some common sense tells us this doesn't it?

But gHari is right, ultimately yoga will cure even heterosexuality, but only at the last stages of a regulated life. The homosexual life style will not lead to that higher stage but away from it into the nether regions of consciousness.

If Swami Ramdev`s petition to the Supreme Court is accepted then it`s a precedent to all the petitions that hold God as witness. Since as far as I know a motion to the court making God a witness to a crime is inadmissible evidence. A good example is the testimony from a criminal who confessed to a priest that he committed a henious crime. The word Yoga alone which means union with God may not sit well with the justices in the Supreme Court. May God enlighten them.

To be honest I am completely bored with the whole homosexuality debate in our civilization. I hope homosexuals can find peace and happiness just like everyone else but this debate has been raging for years and I have pretty much divorced myself from it emotionally one way or another whichever way it turns out.