IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Peace and Love

Rate this topic

I wonder if peace and love will be considered cool things again like in the 1960's.. Today it seems like hate is the cool thing. Just look at what happened at the last woodstock.. all that violence and destruction.. It's sad.. Alot of popular music shouting out in hate and anger.. It's just sad.

Yes, Trisilex. We have to retrace back our steps from 1969 up to the present and investigate what really happened along the way.There was so much love and peace then. Now, there`s so much hate.Srila Prabhupada`s plan to inundate the world with love of God (Krsna consciousness) have failed. We are supposed to be in the Golden Age of Enlightenment right now but instead we have digressed back to the Age of Darkness. There`s no sense in blaming this to Kaliyuga anymore.:(

i think the universal peace and love is a utopian concept that has never happened and nor will it happen in future .

some short periods might be a bit more peaceful than the rest.... that is all .

world at large would remain unpeaceful and full of hatred . only those individuals who are seeking for love and peace would get it . they alone can be blissfull even while sitting in this material world .

Someone talking about Woodstock and the 1960s! That takes me back to the days when I was in College and at least then considered myself to be part of the Peace crowd. But was there Peace then? NO. The entire movement originated with our frustrations over the Vietnam War. And the Black liberation movement.

I was out of college during the time of the Woodstock festival. It was later called Counter Culture. Traveling to India and experimenting with LSD and Gurus.

There was no Peace at that time. We were searching for Peace. The flower people have been called Drifters. I would prefer the term Seekers.

The search continues. Like the search for Sangrila.

We shall overcome

We shall overcome

We shall overcome some day

Oh, deep in my heart

I do believe

We shall overcome some day

1960s was an Era of Love and Peace? Right ... now I know this guys are into drugs.

1960s was an era of chaos. US was in war in Vietnam and in Korea, plus it was having Cold War with the Soviets. Matter a fact, the World was one step closer to Armageddon during Cuban Missile Crisis - 1962 (if not mistaken).

Youngsters were doing drugs and indulging in free sex with motto such as "Make Love and not War." Matter a fact, the trend of having premarital sex which still lingers in US and Europe started in the 60s. This went on to produce AIDS/HIV in 1980s.

In Asia (especially India), foolish youngsters get influence with this sort of "fast and furious" lifestyle and lost their ways. Even in Japan where tradition and values are looked highly, the society was still influence by these barbaric customs.

Designer drugs came into the market with the invention of LSD by a so-called Scientists in Manhattan (forgot his name). From that point onwards, others started to design their own drugs and flood the market.

---------------MIND GAMES---------------

We're playing those mind games together,

Pushing barriers, planting seeds,

Playing the mind guerilla,

Chanting the Mantra peace on earth,

We all been playing mind games forever,

Some kinda druid dudes lifting the veil.

Doing the mind guerilla,

Some call it the search for the grail,

Love is the answer and you know that for sure,

Love is flower you got to let it, you got to let it grow,

So keep on playing those mind games together,

Faith in the future outta the now,

You just can't beat on those mind guerillas,

Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind,

Yeah we're playing those mind games forever,

Projecting our images in space and in time,

Yes is the answer and you know that for sure,

Yes is the surrender you got to let it, you got to let it go,

So keep on playing those mind games together,

Doing the ritual dance inn the sun,

Millions of mind guerrillas,

Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel,

Keep on playing those mind games forever,

Raising the spirit of peace and love, not war,

(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)

--------------------------------

John Lennon

The novel "The Drifters" by James Michener gives an idea of the times. Of course in India the orthodoxy frowned down upon the flower people. They were called Hippies. People who are devoted to the religion of money could not even begin to understand what was happening.

We know what sort of names the Hare Krishna people were called when Srila Prabhupada started the Krishna Consciousness movement.

To some extent the counter culture movement of the sixties did help the growth of the Krishna Consciousness movement later.