IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dasosmi

Guru important?

Rate this topic

What are the proper steps for acquiring a Guru? I read and hear how important a Guru is and how its not even possible to reach the Lord without the causeless mercy of a Guru. I also hear that a guru is revealed to you when you are ready. Perhaps I can't make correct judgement with my mental speculations but as far as my mind is concerned, I am ready. I feel that there is no use of chasing anything in this world because that's all I have been doing for so many years and I am still incomplete. I have decided to completely surrender my life to a Guru.

Is it possible to go back home simply by studying from different scriptures or must one get a Guru? Please advise.

What are the proper steps for acquiring a Guru? I read and hear how important a Guru is and how its not even possible to reach the Lord without the causeless mercy of a Guru. I also hear that a guru is revealed to you when you are ready. Perhaps I can't make correct judgement with my mental speculations but as far as my mind is concerned, I am ready. I feel that there is no use of chasing anything in this world because that's all I have been doing for so many years and I am still incomplete. I have decided to completely surrender my life to a Guru.

Is it possible to go back home simply by studying from different scriptures or must one get a Guru? Please advise.

Well there are different types of guru or one could say different ways of hearing Guru since Guru is ultimately one and that is God.

First thing Guru is in our heart as Supersoul. He directs according to our desires and His will. If you are sincere (as you sound) the Lord will guide you to His manifestation on Earth AND will help you properly understand His message.

At every stage we are dependent on Supersoul as Guru. Sometimes He will speak to us through a realized jiva. Sometimes through the scriptures and sometimes through more advanced fellow travelers on the path back to Him.

But in all circumstances it is His voice alone that we should aspire to hear.

It is important to remember NOT to run out and find someone you think is a guru and then surrender to his will. Even if thousands of others are worshipping him a guru, be critical and sceptical along with praying to the Lord for clarification.

If you want to put your fate and faith in hands of someone, go right ahead.

Frankly speaking, I could advise you to study the Scriptures yourself and make up your own thoughts as you learn.

A Guru is very important. Without, you cannot make progress. The scriptures will never challenge you, they will not shake up your ego. They will not put you through tests nor will they bestow grace. They are useful as they point to the truth but they do not reveal it.

People who are ignorant will always tell you "be your own guru. Listen to your own intellect. Trust yourself". But the mind you will be listening to has no knowledge. Where can it lead you ?

If I need a teacher or guide to even complete a university course how much more difficult is the spiritual path ?

If your heart is pure and you pray you will find a Guru.

- Pablo

Its not necessary in kalyug to have guru to proceed in spiritualism,

Think about your guru's guru & his guru's guru...there must be one of them who directly got knowledge from God/dhyaan.

Please go through below link for more detail..

jai shri ram

Guest Spirited Spirit

I know this is a spiritual discussion but i don't intend to mix some astrology to it. What if someone has a very very pure and strong planet Guru yet could not become famous due to other planet influences? He is not destined (by one's own past karma) to be a spiritual guru in this life but he can always be his best guru. A good spiritual Guru can gradually turn an impure heart to a pure one but how can one apply the vice versa that all those who do not find a guru are not pure at heart?