IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
melvin

Dwapara Age began on September 1699

Rate this topic

In his book, The Holy Science, Sri Yukteswar explained that the descending phase of Satya yuga lasts 4800 years, the Treta Yuga 3600 years, Dwapara Yuga 2400 years and the Kaliyuga 1200 years. The ascending phase of the Kaliyuga then begins(also lasting 1200 years). The ascending phase of the Kaliyuga began in September of 499 AD. Since September 1699, we have been in the ascending phase of the Dwapara Yuga, according to Sri Yukteswar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuga#Sri_Yukteswar.27s_teachings_on_the_yugas

Yeah this was Sri Yukeswar's personal speculation that nobody else seems to accept.

When winter comes we don't need a calender to tell us it is here. The daylight hours are greatly reduced. The weather becomes wet and stormy, in some places very cold and snowy. We know it is winter by the symptoms.

Same idea when spring comes. We know it by the symptoms.

We see presently the symptoms of quarrel, chaos, confusion, brutality, unprecedented greed etc, throughout society. A sure sign Kali-yuga has arrived.

Well said, theist. This is a good example of the dangers you risk when you rely uncritically on Wikipedia as a source. Hell, I could make an entry that says that Srila Prabhupada secretly instructed me that I'm the next acharya of ISKCON. That would really trip some folks up. :eek3:

Yeah this was Sri Yukeswar's personal speculation that nobody else seems to accept.

When winter comes we don't need a calender to tell us it is here. The daylight hours are greatly reduced. The weather becomes wet and stormy, in some places very cold and snowy. We know it is winter by the symptoms.

Same idea when spring comes. We know it by the symptoms.

We see presently the symptoms of quarrel, chaos, confusion, brutality, unprecedented greed etc, throughout society. A sure sign Kali-yuga has arrived.

Yeah. Just try to explain your side/views, Theist, to this group at www.yogananda.net and www.yoganandaji.org, and see what they`ve got. Good luck, my friend!

Well said, theist. This is a good example of the dangers you risk when you rely uncritically on Wikipedia as a source. Hell, I could make an entry that says that Srila Prabhupada secretly instructed me that I'm the next acharya of ISKCON. That would really trip some folks up. :eek3:

I thought thats what he said, babhru. He secretly instructed us all to be acarya.

Yeah. Just try to explain your side/views, Theist, to this group at yogananda.net and yoganandaji.org, and see what they`ve got. Good luck, my friend!

What you'll get is a lot of stuff from books, which is what we are supposed to be clobbering them with.

They, too, read the Puranas. They agree that Rama and Krsnah are Gods. They also have great respect for Christ Jesus as the son of God. Except they just don`t like Srila Prabhupada for indirectly belittling Sri Yukteswar and his followers. That they insist we are now in the Dwapara age not Kaliyuga. That the followers of Lord Caitanya miscalculated when Kaliyuga(Iron age) ended and when Dwapara(Bronze age) started. IT was yet Kaliyuga in Lord Caitanya`s time ( 1486-1534).

They, too, read the Puranas. They agree that Rama and Krsnah are Gods. They also have great respect for Christ Jesus as the son of God. Except they just don`t like Srila Prabhupada for indirectly belittling Sri Yukteswar and his followers. That they insist we are now in the Dwapara age not Kaliyuga. That the followers of Lord Caitanya miscalculated when Kaliyuga(Iron age) ended and when Dwapara(Bronze age) started. IT was yet Kaliyuga in Lord Caitanya`s time ( 1486-1534).

More seriously, my experience with them is they are much less book-oriented and more concerned with meditation (i.e. SRF lessons). They seem mainly to know Autobiography of a Yogi first then The Holy Science.

I don't see anything wrong with being more practice-oriented and

Yogananda and Yukteswar had a lot of great views on things up until the point of kaivalya, after that it's a great snore :sleep:. I also don't understand why PY wound up obese and dead at the age of 59.

In their Gita, you will ultimately find the conclusion that Krishna accepts a body composed of material elements, though they do much better than most on all that "I am God" stuff.

More seriously, my experience with them is they are much less book-oriented and more concerned with meditation (i.e. SRF lessons). They seem mainly to know Autobiography of a Yogi first then The Holy Science.

I don't see anything wrong with being more practice-oriented and

Yogananda and Yukteswar had a lot of great views on things up until the point of kaivalya, after that it's a great snore :sleep:. I also don't understand why PY wound up obese and dead at the age of 59.

In their Gita, you will ultimately find the conclusion that Krishna accepts a body composed of material elements, though they do much better than most on all that "I am God" stuff.

Yeah. SRF devotees aspire to be one with God while ISKCON devotees desire to be servants of God.

They agree that Rama and Krsnah are Gods. They also have great respect for Christ Jesus as the son of God. Except they just don`t like Srila Prabhupada for indirectly belittling Sri Yukteswar and his followers. That they insist we are now in the Dwapara age not Kaliyuga. That the followers of Lord Caitanya miscalculated when Kaliyuga(Iron age) ended and when Dwapara(Bronze age) started. IT was yet Kaliyuga in Lord Caitanya`s time ( 1486-1534).

Gods and God is two different thing altogether. Gods means sentient beings (very much like humans) who are in higher level of existence than humans. God (and Son of God) means that they are still considered highest of all. So, in that context, they still look at Sri Rama and Sri krishna as being lower status than Jesus.

As for followers of Caitanya miscalculating Kaliyuga ... they are mistaken. We are still in Kali yuga. IF they have read the Bhavagad Gita, then they should know that, in order for Kali yuga to end, one key player MUST appear - Maha Vishnu in form of Kalki (Destroyer of Kali). As long as He doesn't come down and "play", we're still in Kali yuga.

Anyone says otherwise are merely self-delusional individual who are trapped in Maya. :rolleyes:

Gods and God is two different thing altogether. Gods means sentient beings (very much like humans) who are in higher level of existence than humans. God (and Son of God) means that they are still considered highest of all. So, in that context, they still look at Sri Rama and Sri krishna as being lower status than Jesus.

As for followers of Caitanya miscalculating Kaliyuga ... they are mistaken. We are still in Kali yuga. IF they have read the Bhavagad Gita, then they should know that, in order for Kali yuga to end, one key player MUST appear - Maha Vishnu in form of Kalki (Destroyer of Kali). As long as He doesn't come down and "play", we're still in Kali yuga.

Anyone says otherwise are merely self-delusional individual who are trapped in Maya. :rolleyes:

In 1894, Swami Sri Yukteswar made two startling predictions in his book, The Holy Science: " matter will be found to be energy, and the sun has a twin star." Einstein proved the first prediction to be true in 1905 and over the course of the last century more and more evidence is pointing to the truth of the second prediction...

http://dwaparayuga.com/2007/08/dwapara-yuga-arc-of-history-life.html

In 1894, Swami Sri Yukteswar made two startling predictions in his book, The Holy Science: " matter will be found to be energy, and the sun has a twin star." Einstein proved the first prediction to be true in 1905 and over the course of the last century more and more evidence is pointing to the truth of the second prediction...

I don't see what's a big deal about the first "prediction" when Bhavagad Gita have already stated about Energy and Matter 5,000 years ago.

As for the second prediction, I have NEVER come across any "truth" to such prediction. Where is it? Why don't you point it out for me?

It used to be commonly known that Srila Prabhupada said Sri Yukteswar was a beautiful person. Just because someone has a different view on the cosmic calender is not a big thing.

Oh and Melvin I have no interest in arguing with anyone from the SRF about anything let alone a trifle such as this.

Babhru, it is no secret Srila Prabhupada wants all his disciples to be Guru, but you have never been a power tripper so no way Srila Prabhupada would punish you, a gentle soul, in such a way as to make you a contender for the iskcon throne.

Better to be a St. Francis than a Pope anyway.

Sounds to me that you people believe more in words of this guru and that guru instead of putting your trust in Sri Krishna.

Always a dangerous thing. Pick a little from here and a little from there even though those teachers may even disagree amongst themselves on the nature of the ultimate reality.

Yukteshvar based his system of yugas on more than a mere speculation. Puranas and other Vedic literatures use several different yuga standards:

http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/features/04-09/features1344.htm

http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/features/04-09/features1345.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugamodify_inline.gif

I still think Yukteshvar was wrong, but that is perhaps because this particular Kali-yuga is very different.

Instead of gradual decline into a more and more barbaric society from Middle Ages, we actually see a gradual improvement as time passes by. The appearance of Lord Caitanya set in motion a chain of events which turned a bleak Kali-yuga into what certainly seems like a Dvapara yuga.

Yukteshvar's yuga cycle is also different in the sense that it is a system where change of yugas happens by an oscillation, not a rotation: it goes Satya, Treta, Dvapara, Kali, Dvapara, Treta, Satya, Treta, Dvapara, Kali, and so on. The rotary system Prabhupada adopted (which comes from Surya Siddhanta) goes: Satya, Treta, Dvapara, Kali, Satya, Treta, Dvapara, Kali, and so on.

If we are waiting for the Kalki-avatar to formally end the Kaliyuga(Iron) as the means to justify the end then I think you have unnoticely missed Him because you were expecting the Kalki-avatar to ride on a white stallion.( Saviors no longer ride on horses but airplanes) The date marking His appearance was on September 11, 2001, or 302 years after it was calculated by Sri Yukteswar that Dwapara( bronze) began on September 1699.

When two airplanes slammed into the Twin Towers(World Trade Center) on 911 year 2001, it herald a new beginning for all the peace loving nations of the world to bond together as one in their crusade to stop once and for all terrorism. The United Nations realized in order to prevent this menace from occuring again is to cease arguing and debating over trivial matters that is of no importance to world peace.

One of the airplanes that deliberately crashed into the World Trade Center building was piloted by the Kalki avatar.. Believe it or not is MyReply.

If we are waiting for the Kalki-avatar to formally end the Kaliyuga(Iron) as the means to justify the end then I think you have unnoticely missed Him because you were expecting the Kalki-avatar to ride on a white stallion.( Saviors no longer ride on horses but airplanes) The date marking His appearance was on September 11, 2001, or 302 years after it was calculated by Sri Yukteswar that Dwapara( bronze) began on September 1699.

When two airplanes slammed into the Twin Towers(World Trade Center) on 911 year 2001, it herald a new beginning for all the peace loving nations of the world by to bond together as one in their crusade to stop once and for all terrorism. The United Nations realized in order to prevent this menace from occuring again is to cease arguing and debating over trivial matters that is of no importance to world peace.

One of the airplanes that deliberately crashed into the World Trade Center building was piloted by the Kalki avatar.. Believe it or not is MyReply.

Humor is a good quality and is good for the soul.

Always a dangerous thing. Pick a little from here and a little from there even though those teachers may even disagree amongst themselves on the nature of the ultimate reality.

Yup, dangerous and somewhat foolish thing to do, if you ask me. Ever heard of the proverb - "The Blind leading the Blind"? Well, this is it.

How does those gurus going to teach you about Nature of the Ultimate Reality when they themselves have yet to experience it on their own? And how sure are you that you will be lead in the right path? How do you know that your gurus are in the right path?

Spiritualism is NOT an easy task - it takes discipline, hardwork, dedication and FAITH toward God (that He is at the end of the journey) for you to move forward. If you just put your trust in someone else, you won't make it anywhere fast. And who knows, maybe you can reach the Ultimate Reality faster than your Guru but you do not try to do so on your own.

In Judaism, God (of Israel) doesn't interfere openly with affairs of Man, allowing Man to reach Him on their own time and effect. In Christianity, ... actually I cannot say much about their god because it is confusing. And in Islam ... forget, you couldn't find their Allah anywhere.

But in Hindusm, it is stated that Bhavagan is with you - as your mother, father, brother, sister, friend and even Enemy. He doesn't leave you even if you hate Him. And that is BEAUTIFUL.

So, I really don't understand why some people put so much emphasis on their gurus to do all the hardwork and thinking for them while they sit and shake their legs, waiting for their gurus to give them instructions to follow. This is NOT Spiritualism.

When two airplanes slammed into the Twin Towers(World Trade Center) on 911 year 2001, it herald a new beginning for all the peace loving nations of the world to bond together as one in their crusade to stop once and for all terrorism. The United Nations realized in order to prevent this menace from occuring again is to cease arguing and debating over trivial matters that is of no importance to world peace.

New beginning of peace? Americans and UK bomb the hell out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Terrorism still a dangerous threat - as it is evidence in Mumbai incident (which you happily avoided in all your statements) and the economic plunged to an all-time lowest since 1930s Great Depression. 10 years almost over and it is still not recovered.

Today, the World is in brink of World War III - North Korea is testing its nukes and planning to force other nations around it to bow down to its might. Iran is doing the same thing. China already invaded Nepal, next will be Tibet and down to India. China already asking for Indrapradesh, stating that state belongs to China for some reason.

The Weather is horrible and you can expect another Drought and Famine like the 1980s Great Famine to occur. Already, millions are homeless due to flooding and other natural disasters (ALL DUE TO MAN-MADE POLLUTIONS).

And here, you are daydreaming like some drug-addict that the World is in Dwapura Age.

Who could forget 911, Theist? You were not yet a registered member on this discussion forum when IT(simulation tests) happened( virtual reality).:)

Oh I remember it very well. It is your unique spin on it that brought the chuckles.

.com reported that Ahmednijab is winning in Iran. Ahmednijab is a modern-day Adolf Hitler - calling for destruction of Israel and ALL UNBELIEVERS and he is insane enough to make it happen. Yet, Islamic fools (both educated and uneducated barbarians) swinging toward him because he uses Islam as a sheild for his stupidity.

IS THIS AN EXAMPLE OF DWAPURA AGE? Where the leaders who the (ignorant) people elected are nothing more than raving lunatics, promising doomsday?

.com reported that Ahmednijab is winning in Iran. Ahmednijab is a modern-day Adolf Hitler - calling for destruction of Israel and ALL UNBELIEVERS and he is insane enough to make it happen. Yet, Islamic fools (both educated and uneducated barbarians) swinging toward him because he uses Islam as a sheild for his stupidity.

IS THIS AN EXAMPLE OF DWAPURA AGE? Where the leaders who the (ignorant) people elected are nothing more than raving lunatics, promising doomsday?

I guess that’s how democracy is supposed to function. The crazier the people, the crazier the elected leaders..