IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
pandora

praying/meditation

Rate this topic

my family have been trying to convince me on starting to maditate on the word om, they come up with suttle way of convincing me like saying things like if u meditate on om u could achive a state were u can actually leveitate but also what i understand that when u medidate ont he word om u will one day obtain the abodes of brahaman, wich is all great but dosent apeal to me. but i dont feel this is right for me cause my loyalty is praying to lord krishna. is it possiable to meditate on sri krishna. would this be a good idea to do, if so how do i go about medetating on to lord krishna. i feel like i would be doing a great injustice and insult lord krishna by not meditating on him, and instead on om. i know that he is also the word om, but i just cant help what i feel..........does this make sense to anyone here. can any one here help me out.

my family have been trying to convince me on starting to maditate on the word om, they come up with suttle way of convincing me like saying things like if u meditate on om u could achive a state were u can actually leveitate but also what i understand that when u medidate ont he word om u will one day obtain the abodes of brahaman, wich is all great but dosent apeal to me. but i dont feel this is right for me cause my loyalty is praying to lord krishna. is it possiable to meditate on sri krishna. would this be a good idea to do, if so how do i go about medetating on to lord krishna. i feel like i would be doing a great injustice and insult lord krishna by not meditating on him, and instead on om. i know that he is also the word om, but i just cant help what i feel..........does this make sense to anyone here. can any one here help me out.

You agree that Om = Krishna, but you think meditating on Om is a grave injustice to Krishna. No, it does not make sense to me and I don't know how it makes sense to you, either.

But why should it make sense? If you feel that way, you feel that way. Instead of trying to find support for your line of thinking, just do what you feel like doing - meditate on Krishna in this case.

Either way, you will not levitate - irrespective of meditating on Om or on Krishna or anything else. That is not going to happen ever and you can be sure of that. If you disagree, ask the people who told you for proof. They will not be able to provide any, beyond stories of how someone else was doing it. And you will not be able to see this someone levitate, because he or she is not geographically accessible or they do not do it anymore.

Cheers

Meditating on anything else is known by dhyana.. but the concept of meditation on Sri Krishna is known by something else.. it is known as Bhakti.

There are several route given by greats like Sri Sankara, Buddha et al but there main focus is not as expansive and selfless as that of Sri Krishna.

The Gitam is enough to make someone understand that... you can meditate on Om but if you have tasted just a bit of the narration of the leelas of Sri Hari.. then no matter how much you would like to go away from Him.. the Tunes of HIS Flute will bring you again to His Lotus feet.

You agree that Om = Krishna, but you think meditating on Om is a grave injustice to Krishna. No, it does not make sense to me and I don't know how it makes sense to you, either.

But why should it make sense? If you feel that way, you feel that way. Instead of trying to find support for your line of thinking, just do what you feel like doing - meditate on Krishna in this case.

Either way, you will not levitate - irrespective of meditating on Om or on Krishna or anything else. That is not going to happen ever and you can be sure of that. If you disagree, ask the people who told you for proof. They will not be able to provide any, beyond stories of how someone else was doing it. And you will not be able to see this someone levitate, because he or she is not geographically accessible or they do not do it anymore.

Cheers

u dont have to be so arugmentatvie about it i was just asking for some advice thats all