IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
icosares

Simha lagna & Badhakesh

Rate this topic

Greetings all!

I have stumbled on a contradiction of principles applicable to Simha lagna: the regular state of affairs should make Mars, as ruler of the 9th & 4th houses, highly benefic, however, from badhakesh rules concerning a fixed sign lagna Mars is the badhakesh for Leo. If the latter holds priority over the former could someone explain why, or, on what the grounds some of the primary beneficial yogas for Simha lagna are swept away?

Icosares

Greetings all!

I have stumbled on a contradiction of principles applicable to Simha lagna: the regular state of affairs should make Mars, as ruler of the 9th & 4th houses, highly benefic, however, from badhakesh rules concerning a fixed sign lagna Mars is the badhakesh for Leo. If the latter holds priority over the former could someone explain why, or, on what the grounds some of the primary beneficial yogas for Simha lagna are swept away?

Icosares

Namaskar Icosares Ji,

This is an excellent question. Mars is a yogakaraka for Leo lagna and therefore by definition should be highly benefic. Badhakesh by definition is one who causes obstructions and obstacles whereever he resides. This seems contradictory. It all depends on placement of Mars. If Mars is well-placed (not 6, 8, or 12) then it can give great results that of a powerhouse yogakaraka. This is especially true in Lagna, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, and 11th. In 2nd and 7th there are mixed results. Some influence of maraka houses impacts Mars here. 3rd is ok. In 8th and 12th Mars becomes blemished and those "badhakesh" qualities can manifest. In 6th, it depends on other factors also as here Mars is uccha and aspects lagna but his influenced by enemies and diseases. Then remember that astakvarga and aspects, associations, and opposition of other planets plays a role in this continuum from badhakesh to yogakaraka. This is my humble opinion based on this intriguing inquiry I had looking at numerous charts with Leo lagna.

-WebYogi-

Hello Webyogi,

What will be the result if this mars occupies 4th house with ketu and that too in scorpio for leo lagna. Mars & Ketu conjunction is not as such good and if it doesnt have benefic aspects then the 4th house I suppose will totally be ruined as the north node is right in the opposite. In this scenario will Mars function as yogakaraka or badhaka.

Regards.

Coolgimmy

Hello Webyogi,

What will be the result if this mars occupies 4th house with ketu and that too in scorpio for leo lagna. Mars & Ketu conjunction is not as such good and if it doesnt have benefic aspects then the 4th house I suppose will totally be ruined as the north node is right in the opposite. In this scenario will Mars function as yogakaraka or badhaka.

Regards.

Coolgimmy

It would be best if you have a particular horoscope in mind.

-WebYogi-

Hello Webyogi,

The chart is of a person. Date of birth 26.8.1984, 6.06AM, 70E04,22N28, 5.30E GMT. In this case Mars will function as a yoga karaka or badhaka since its involved in a pisacha badhaka being with ketu.

Regards.

Coolgimmy

Hi coolgimmy,

I hope you would not mind me jumping in between you and webyogi ji :-) I wwill try to explain about this......

Badhakesh is more about badha or obastacle since badhkesh originates from badhaka raashi thus for leo lagna it will be aries not scorpio....

Then badhakesh is placed in its own house that also in kendra making it further strong and thus positive becoming part of pillars of life...Though if you look from raashi dasa point of view(generally chara raashi dasa) you shud be more cautious of aries dasa rather than scorpio also coz mars is placed in scorpio....

Jupiter is retro and of not very high degree thus it will giv effect of being placed in 4th house also making 4th house mroe stronger though not very coz of being retro....

One of the major FACT is placement of saturn in 12th house to badhakesh this could have been drastic.... but again it is placed in it exhalted house thus reducing its negativity and adding further force......

Now secondly mars is yogakaraka.....which is means "coz of materializing of yoga"... Its purity is repeatedly mentioned by many in modern as well as ancient times....

Even if a planet is badhak and yogakarka placed in its own house and having little effect of natural benefic of first degre its basic quality of manifesting of yoga will get enhanced though being badhak it will not loose its whole proprty of being badhak thus it will coz some type of OBSTACLE while work related to religion or performing any sankalp or construction of temple and so on...... and in other fields also but obstacle will be more just less duration and less intensity as compare to its force which native will get to get the task complete.....

Regards,

Raman

Dear all,

I am just posting a copy of a valuable part of J.S.Sandhuji's thread "Bhadakas in 12th is good and auspicious"some time ago where one can find an intersting revealation on bhadakas & Bahadakasthana.

Thus 1.For Movable sign Asc 11th house and its lord,the concept being followed 2. For Fixed sign Asc (7th from the 9th)3rd house & its lord 3.For Dual sign Asc 7th house and

its lord,the concept being followed - Bhadaka sthana & Bhadaka lord

You will find an interesting one with respect to Fixed sign Asc.

Please read on

MRM

Dear all,

If you can source times of astrology, Jan-march 08, And read an article by KK pathak , some mysterious concept in astrology , you will see the badhaka issue in new light of knowledge thus provided, For fixed signs the badhak is 3rd house .

TO make the point clearer I would aquaint you to four kind of astrological triangles.

Dharma trikona-Lagan ,5th & 9th houses.

Artha trikona-2nd ,6th & 10th houses.

Kama trikona-3rd, 7th& 11th houses

Moksha trikona-4th ,8th & 12th houses.

Dharma trikona are houses of rigteous deeds.

lords of these houses are helpful in making life a success they may be called sadhakas.

Houses in opposition to lagan , 5th & 9th are 7th .11th & 3rd forming kama trikona , if dharma helps kama or vasana ( lust) obstructs . for moveable signs 5th house & lords are best helpful and therefore the opposite 11 th house and its lord is badhak. For dual signs lagan and lagnesh are most helpful and therefore the opposite 7 th is badhak. For fixed signs 9th house and 9th lord are most helpful and thus not deterrent as mistaken by some others , therefore the opposite house 3 and its lord are the badhaks .

Regards

J.s.sandhu

<!-- / message -->

Dear MR ji,

Thanks for putting in the relevant post. I firmly believe that for fixed ascendents 3l and planets in 3 are primary and secondary badhaks. Here is the link of my previous thread

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/vedic astrology-jyotisha/449707-badhkesh-12-th-good-auspicious.html

Regards

J.s.sandhu

Dear all,

I am just posting a copy of a valuable part of J.S.Sandhuji's thread "Bhadakas in 12th is good and auspicious"some time ago where one can find an intersting revealation on bhadakas & Bahadakasthana.

Thus 1.For Movable sign Asc 11th house and its lord,the concept being followed 2. For Fixed sign Asc (7th from the 9th)3rd house & its lord 3.For Dual sign Asc 7th house and

its lord,the concept being followed - Bhadaka sthana & Bhadaka lord

You will find an interesting one with respect to Fixed sign Asc.

Please read on

MRM

Dear all,

If you can source times of astrology, Jan-march 08, And read an article by KK pathak , some mysterious concept in astrology , you will see the badhaka issue in new light of knowledge thus provided, For fixed signs the badhak is 3rd house .

TO make the point clearer I would aquaint you to four kind of astrological triangles.

Dharma trikona-Lagan ,5th & 9th houses.

Artha trikona-2nd ,6th & 10th houses.

Kama trikona-3rd, 7th& 11th houses

Moksha trikona-4th ,8th & 12th houses.

Dharma trikona are houses of rigteous deeds.

lords of these houses are helpful in making life a success they may be called sadhakas.

Houses in opposition to lagan , 5th & 9th are 7th .11th & 3rd forming kama trikona , if dharma helps kama or vasana ( lust) obstructs . for moveable signs 5th house & lords are best helpful and therefore the opposite 11 th house and its lord is badhak. For dual signs lagan and lagnesh are most helpful and therefore the opposite 7 th is badhak. For fixed signs 9th house and 9th lord are most helpful and thus not deterrent as mistaken by some others , therefore the opposite house 3 and its lord are the badhaks .

Regards

J.s.sandhu

<!-- / message -->

Dear MRM ji,

You are right this view ALSO exists that fixed raashi will lead to 3rd house as badhak.. But since coolgimmy was willing to know about difference and how to differentiate in particular lagna or situation it is better idea to clarify how to approach..when same planet is giving both results and playing part of 2 important roles.....then how to understand.....

Which badhak is to be considered is bit controversial....

Regards,

Raman

Dear learned ones, Pranams

There is a view that a malefic owning a kendra but not occupied by it while being a friend to Asc lord is considered a benefic and in line with this for the Leo Asc natives the lord of 4th & 9th is the same natural malefic,Mars but becomes functional benefic to the natives and hence the Bhadak title is confered on the 3rd & its lord which is 7th from the 9th.

J.S.Sandhu Ji has also said so with a lot of clarity for better understanding.Hope coolgimmy can take a cue.

Regards

M.R.Moorthi