IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sambya

Need To Know The Form Of Bhadrakali

Rate this topic

can anyone help me by describing what devi bhadrakali looks like along with the dhyana mantra and its source.ive read that puranic bhadrakali is more like mahishasuramardini whiletantric version shows her as the fierce mother.please help.i know of an 300 year old small bhadrakali temple the ashtadhatu idol of which was stolen 40 years ago now they want to install a new diety but no one could remember the exact form of her.thats why i seek help.

hello sambya,

please do check out google ... u will get lots of links ... will definitely be of some help .... type " what devi bhadrakali looks like along with the dhyana mantra and its source " into the search window ...... usually the 1st page itself will yield results ... all the best

kavimona

can anyone help me by describing what devi bhadrakali looks like along with the dhyana mantra and its source.ive read that puranic bhadrakali is more like mahishasuramardini whiletantric version shows her as the fierce mother.please help.i know of an 300 year old small bhadrakali temple the ashtadhatu idol of which was stolen 40 years ago now they want to install a new diety but no one could remember the exact form of her.thats why i seek help.

Dear Sambya,

From the Durga Saptashati(Chandi Path)- She is indeed is a form of Chandi/Mahishasuramardhini/Durga. She is one of the forms the Devi takes to fight the armies of Shumba and Nishumba. When the Devi is asked- why are so many people on your side fighting, She says- these are all my forms and I will withdraw them into me- and so She does.

Chandi/Durga/Mahishasuramardhini and Bhadrakali are indeed ugra forms and not soumya forms of the Devi. In spite of all the superstition that is around, an ugra form of the Devi is no more to be feared than you need to fear your mother when she is angry with your enemy( She is your mother- it is indeed to be expected that she will be angry when your enemies attack you).

My suggestion is- look for a Devi upasaka- especially a Bhadrakali Upasaka and ask his/her help and guidance. The diety as installed in the new image will be readily awakened when done by such a person. Even a pinda roopa is sometimes good enough for the Devi.

Jaya Devi Durge