IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
aparna26

Maha mrityunjay mantra

Rate this topic

Respected learners

I recite maha mrityunjay mantra few times daily in the morning and evening. Could u plz tell me if due to any reason I am not able to recite it on any day, will it have any negative effects? And can I recite this mantra any number of times daily or it has to be the same number everyday?

Thank U

Aparna26

There are not negative effects if you can’t do the mantra japa daily. I will tell you a true: if somebody tells you about bad effects and so on, there are 2 things to consider: 1. he is in a sect, and 2. he don't know what he is talking about. So repeat mantra as long as you want. You can also repeat the biija mantras for being always young: aum jum sah. More details upon request.

Thank U for your reply. Can u tell me what is the best time of the day for doing this mantra and can I consume egg? Right now I do maha mrityunjay mantra few times in the morning and few in the evening. I am quite superstitious and don't want any adverse effects of any kind by not doing mantras correctly or something.

Thanks once again.

Aparna,

Do not be so superstitious. As arasel mentioned, there would not be any ill or negative effects. Also if You cant recite it on some day/days there is no harm You get.

The most auspicious times are the Trikala Sandhyas. At Sunrise, Noon and Sunset and also the so called Brahma Muhurta which is approx. 4 a.m. i guess.

Regarding eating egg? i will not be able to comment on it as there are different opinions. But egg, does it come under sattvic food category? Only god may know...

Thank U. Your answers have relieved me of a big tension. Can u plz tell me that if I am doing this mahamrityunjay mantra, will it benefit my entire family or no. I want to do it especially for the good health of my husband and daughter. Will they get positive results of what I am doing?

Thank U. Your answers have relieved me of a big tension. Can u plz tell me that if I am doing this mahamrityunjay mantra, will it benefit my entire family or no. I want to do it especially for the good health of my husband and daughter. Will they get positive results of what I am doing?

Before starting to chant, You should do a Sankalp/Sankalpam or pray to Lord Shiva to give the benefit to Your Family. Also after You finish chanting dont forget to offer the Phal or the fruit of the effort to Lord Shiva. You can do this mentally by saying " Ye tat phalam Sri ParameshwaraArpanamAsthu" or You can mentally offer the fruit of effort to Lord Shiva..