IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
qwerty99

Need some help for concentrating my mind

Rate this topic

Hi Friends...

This is my first post. Problem that i am facing since last 2-3 years is lack of concentration not only in my studies but in every field. At a time thousand thoughts are traveling through my brain.

If i want to study a book, i will struggle to focus my mind on that book but output will be that at the end of 3-4 hours i can study just 4-5 pages. This was not the case till my 12th class but now in engineering i am facing this problem. If i am playing cricket watching movies or eating then suddenly i go in some sort of zero dimension i start to think about each and every person sitting around me or some fictional thoughts, my eyes just stretch too much i feel pain in my eyes my brain and my back whenever i try to concentrate in my studies... just can't express myself.

I have done traatak (looking at lamp of desi ghee for hours), also recited mantras of saraswati and lord ganesh but no result.

Also i met one priest in a temple where he told me that my condition resemble to a person on whom bagalamukhi tantra has been used in an extremely bad way.

Can you please suggest me some way that help me in concentrating my mind.

Thnx

Dear Querty,

Lack of concentration may be caused by many reasons.

Lack of brain protines.

Lack of interest in the area of study.

Stress due to some pressing problems - (Like falling in love and unfulfilled love for example)

Or even a simple problem of eye. If you need a spectacle and not using one you will not stydy much as that would cause stress to your eye.

The solution depends on the right diagnoses.

If Brain chemistory is the cause then it must be solved by taking appropriate medicines supplying the nessary protines . If you are stressed due to some pressing life problems then that problem must be squarly faced and handled. If you are not interested in enginiring - if it is a wrong choice - then that issue must be addressed.

If none of these are applicaple and it is just a lack of mental training, then I can prescribe an exercise. But it works only if no other factors are the cause of the problem.

Sit in some place where privacy exists - where you are not watched by anyone and where you can be free for some time with out being disturbed.

Then closing your eves listern to all the sounds around you. Expand the area of the range of the sounds that you could hear from near to far wvewery far and faint sounds. Listern to all without choosing All must be heared simultanoiusly. Do this for about five minutes. ( Dont check your watch. just go by youe judgement of time. Once you closed your eyes you cannot open till the entire exercise is over.Dont yse an alarm either. )

Then, You focus your attention to your own breating process. Just whach your breating. Breath goes in it comes out. Just watch it. Do not manipulate the speed or rithem Let the breating process be natural. All that you need to do it is just be a detached neutral witness to the process. Do not miss a single breath. Just watch the process for about 20 minutes to 30 minutes, with out missing a singlwe breath.

If thoughts arise in your mind do not fight with it do not struggle to be thought free. Just let the mind be . Let the thoughts arise and subside on oits own. Be a neutral witness to that too. Dont get involved in your thought. Like you are watching clouds in the sky, which comes chenges its form and go, let the thoughts arise, change and subside . You have nothing to do with them. Do not try to forcefully control them . Do not get involved in them either. Be a neutral witness. But never loose track of breathing process. Let the thoughts be the background music as in movie to the main seen - that is your breathing. Without fighting with your mind stay put with your breathing . Just focus your attention to the breathing process and let your mind do what it wants to do in the background.

In case your focus shifts from breathing to some thought and you got involved in a thought for a while forgetting your breating process no worry. As soon as you realise this - that you are distracted by a thought and got involved in a thought (or emotion) and forgot your breathing process, as soon as you realise this return back to the breathing awareness. Dont take it as a sin that you missed a few breaths. It is okey. And it will happen initially many times. But if you continue this excercise for a few days, you will gain an abllity to stay focused on your breathing with out missing a single breath, though the thoughts will come and go in the backgroung.

If you do this for a few days you will notice you are deeply relaxed. You will feel as if you had a deep sleep. And as you continue this exercise regularly your distracting thoughts will vanish and you will experience a silent mind. And even the breath will stop, for a while, and regain again. When this happens you will feel a deep rest and your mind will not bother you with so many distracting thoughts even when you are not doing the exercise. The sense of calm will spill over to the entire day - when you are studying and doing other things. Your problem of distracting mind will vanish and you can concentrate on any task with out distraction.

It is a meditation technique.

This itself is sufficient. But if you like to really boost your concentractin power then you can add one more exercise to this. Siting with closed eyes as before, think of some part of your body-- say your sole of your feet. Fix your attention on the sole of your feet and be awaer of the surface. Minutely be aware of all the sensation and fealing that you could find in this region - how much is the warmth ? what is the sensation? where it is touching the ground or shoue? What is the texture of the surface in contact ? Is there any tention in that region? etc. Watch everything minutely. Dont stay there too long just half a minute will do . Then move on to some other part - say ancle. Now do the same thing staying there - study minutely. then move on to your calf muscle and do the same thing . then to knee cap and do the same thing. Like wise go up till the crown.

In this process you may fall asleep well before you reach your crown. No harm. You needed that reat. This exercise will also be relaxing deeply.

In due course you will be able to reach your crown before sleeping. Then

The rest of the time you can move your awareness any where in your body randomly. Only condition is dont get out of your body. Just remain with in your body and let the mind wander as it pleases with in your body.

This will give you a terrific concentration power in due course.

But remember these techniques will work only if you have no severe emotional disturbance due to other problems in life. If you have some other life problems you need to handle it squarly first.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Thanks Ravindran,

I will definitely follow your advice (Actually i am trying these meditation steps since last two months , atleast 30 min. daily). But your saying gives me more encouragement to continue with the meditation.

Just one more question.. do you have any idea about BAGLAMUKHI TANTRA or MASAAN KRIYA.

I am asking this question because after a priest told that my symptoms are related with if someone has applied BAGLAMUKHI TANTRA on me I tried to search something related with BAGLAMUKHI Maata (she is considered one of the most powerful deity in North) and found a mantra of her:-

Om Hreem Baglamukhi Sarvadushtanam Vaacham Mukham Padam

Stambhay Jihvaam(tounge) Keelai Buddhim Vinaasahy Hreem om Svaaha

As you can see this Mantra says to destroy mind (so that one can not think properly) and tounge (so that one can not speak properly) of enemy.

Also since past two years i don't know but yes i started to stammer a little and while speaking sometimes i feel that my tounge is jammed.

And I also gone to psychiatrist in my city he told me that i am fine and gave me some prescriptions that i took for 2-3 months but to no help.

Please advice me

Qwerty,

It is true that Bagalamuki stunns the brain and tongue of dhusta ( evil person). Are you evil? If you are not you dont have to worry. Bagalamuki is basically a high goioddess .She is a Mahavidya. She is ment for fighting with evil - asuras. If you have any dought that some one has used bagalamuki prayoga on you - which I dought very much - do the same worship. Do bagalamuki worship. Ask hrer to stun the evil doers mind and speach by the very same mantra. Remember she is a godess not a dewvil. She is bad only to evel beings. When you surrender to her she will only do good to you - if you are basically good.

People with whichcraft power are extreemly rare and my conviction is that they dont exist in your place inspite of the wide spread belief in witchcraft.

It is not likely that you are a victim of witchcraft. Before jumping in to witshcraft theory, exclude the normal explanation first.

Nothing to worry as I see it. Check wether you have some anxiety.

Dont depend on only psychatrist. Most of the time they dont know much.

Psychatry as a science is in a bad state.

Do consult some good homeopathy doctor.

Check for Bach flower remedy too. Bach Flower remedy is a homeopaty like medicinal system where flower essencs are used as remedies for emotional amd mental disturbances. It is generally very effective. Generally any big homeopaty shop will have these medicines too. Check at internet for more information on this if you cannot find a local practiciner there. Bach flower remedy should be sufficient to give immediate relief.

Regards,

K.Ravindran