IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Praying For HH Bhakticaru Swami

Rate this topic

Building ISKCON Out Part 2

www.atmayogi.comth_Bhakticaru%20Swami%20a2.jpgH.H. Bhakti Caru Swami recently had a heart attack. Afterwards he underwent a change in direction. The focus of his preaching has shifted and he is speaking more openly about the broader issues of constitutional evolution of ISKCON, rather than sticking to the narrower party line of maintaining existing systems.

• Businesses for Krishna: "Until we are ready to engage qualified devotees according their ability, it is better that they work outside and gather experience."
  • Role of Women: What man can do today women can also do that quite easily. And in some cases they can do it even better. That is why it has become natural that women are doing what a man is meant to do. And that is why in today’s world, women are striding side by side with men. My point is that we have to go along with the time, the trend, the way the things are in today’s world. That is why if sometimes women are able to do something we have to give them that facility. It is not that because you are a woman you have to stay at home. Many women will stay at home and will be happy doing that, but there will be many others who will want to go out and do things. So those who have that urge, the facilities and opportunities should be given to them.
  • Role of Women: Ultimately what is Krishna consciousness? Krishna consciousness is providing you the facility to do whatever you like to do for Krishna. The ksatriyas are warriors who like to fight-so Krishna says, “OK, fight for Me.” The businessmen like to do business-the leaders of society say, “OK, do it for Krishna.” So Krishna consciousness is for everyone. When you create that facility then everyone will be engaged in Krishna consciousness. We simply have to provide that opportunity and facility for them to do whatever they are doing for Krishna’s pleasure. That is the purpose of varnashrama, daiva varnasrama. Whatever you like to do, according to your nature, do it for Krishna.
  • How to Help Achieve Vision: Ultimately it is not just helping me, it is helping the entire society and entire world. We are just giving guidelines–this is what needs to be done. And when one understands the necessity and acts accordingly, that is how the help will come. That will be the help. To get something done, we need basically two things-men and money...Those who are coming to serve Krishna, they are not there to somehow just complete the job and make the money for themselves. They are working harder than anyone else should because of their sake of their love for Krishna. So that is how he is helping. Different devotees are coming forth and helping.
  • Q&A April 2008 Today’s youth are not searching for a positive alternative. Rather they are trying to find a place in the society. The goal of their life is not to renounce everything in search for spiritual life, rather their goal of life is to achieve success by accumulating wealth and power. Therefore in order to attract them there is a need to set up establishments where they can be effectively engaged.

This is "I've just realized that I could leave at any moment and I no longer care about what other people think, or about keeping this under my control. It has to grow and evolve" talk.

Very refreshing.