IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
HST108

Secrets of the eighth house

Rate this topic

The eighth house in the horoscope is supposed to be a rather tricky house to interpret. I have my Lagna lord (mercury) in the eighth house. Can anyone offer any insights?

(My birth details:- 28/02/69; Time: 2.42pm; Place: Colombo, Sri Lanka)

Many thanks.:)

om gurubhyo namah

namaste

dear hst108,

a bhava lord going to a dustana, shows the suffering of that bhava.

lagna shows the dhi sakthi. dhi's are four in number. they are

budhi, sudhi, vridhi and siddhi.

in your case since lagna lord has gone to the 8th, you could have experienced difficulties during application of your intelligence.

pl recall as to when you have made serious mistakes. try to recollect

the date, month and year as close as possible. try this with dasa.

may mother bless all

regards

sasisekaran

chennai

The eighth house in the horoscope is supposed to be a rather tricky house to interpret. I have my Lagna lord (mercury) in the eighth house. Can anyone offer any insights?

(My birth details:- 28/02/69; Time: 2.42pm; Place: Colombo, Sri Lanka)

Many thanks.:)

To call house eight tricky is rather the interpretation of people who are overstrained to see things in context. House eight is the place of transformation, inner growth and to disengage from past material attachment.

Scorpio or house 8 is the most misunderstood sign in the zodiac. The popular quip that house 8 is all about sex and death does not do justice to the deep mystery and regenerative healing powers of this sign. Remember that the zodiac is a process describing the growth of consciousness.

It is the nature of transformation that the old ego must die for the new self identity to be born. This ego death is one of increasing self awareness through the generation of a wiser, more complete being. The new ego is made more powerful, more capable, more whole.

Like in nature we find the symptom of forest fire and winter season, but this clear cutting is never destructive. Rather all the positive energies are preserved in earth and come out with new life and growth. House 8 never causes destruction in a negative sense but a process of getting rid of material attachments which block up our development. For karmis this can also mean paving the path and to make room for the next karma to fructify. For Vaishnavas this always means getting rid of things which are detrimental for spiritual development.

Mercury in field 8 means, the way of thinking is being changed. Vaishnavas would say, starting to learn to see God's creation as described in sastra. House 8 is also attributed to saints, monks and ascetics - it is in deed the best sign for becoming free from material attachment. Since this is a process of reorientation, good association and sadhu-sanga is always helpful.

Since house 8 is assigned to Pluto who rules over money, it also indicates heirship or monetary gain, but this also depends on our spiritual maturity.

Prabhupāda: So Kṛṣṇa has got ten hands. So my father used to say, "When Kṛṣṇa takes your money or possession in ten hands, how you can protect it with two hands? And when He give you in ten hands, how much you can take in two hands?" So in my case it has become practical. Everything He has taken in ten hands, and now He is giving in ten hands. I am practically experiencing. My Guru Mahārāja ordered me, "You do this." I was trying to save my business, my family, with two hands, and Kṛṣṇa took it in ten hands. And now, after making me beggar, He is giving me, ten hands: "You take as much as you like." Now I am thinking of my father's instruction.…ambition was that I become a great de… bhāgavata. That was his… He used to invite so many saintly persons, and he would pray, "Please bless my son"—I was very pet son—"that he may become a devotee of Rādhārāṇī. Rādhārāṇī may bless him." That was his only prayer.

Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: Fulfilled.

Morning Walk Conversation

with His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda

February 10, 1976, Māyāpura

Suchandra Ji,

Thanks for that very insightful explanation of the eighth house. I can certainly relate to some of the points that you hilighted such as going through a process of re-orientation and shedding away what is un-necessary. I have certainly been doing quite a bit of that during the last few years. You also pointed out the healing and regenerative powers associated with the house -- well, at the moment I am in the process of getting into a career related to healing (complimentary therapies). So your interpretation makes quite a lot of sense. Thanks.