IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Triniboy108

Welcoming Rituals

Rate this topic

Ok so my grandmother is coming from Trinidad, and she's bringing with her a lot of religious goodies :eek3:..i'm excited! I've always been fascinated by religious paraphernalia! But anyway...i've asked her to bring me pictures of Kali Mai, Saraswati Mai, and Sri Ram. I was wondering if there is any certain rituals that I must do to welcome these pictures into my home mandir, such as maybe bathing them with milk or something like that.

Please help! Thanks :)

Make a swastik on your door step a day before they come. Clean your mandir, hang paan leaves tied to string over your main door. When the pictures arrive sit them on a small stool (bajot) outise your mandir, wash them with Milk, water, honey, water, ghee, water, suger, water and apply tilak to them place them in your mandir and offer dhoop and deep.

Good Luck

Jai Mata Ji

Make a swastik on your door step a day before they come. Clean your mandir, hang paan leaves tied to string over your main door. When the pictures arrive sit them on a small stool (bajot) outise your mandir, wash them with Milk, water, honey, water, ghee, water, suger, water and apply tilak to them place them in your mandir and offer dhoop and deep.

Good Luck

Jai Mata Ji

also...can i still bathe the murtis even if it's pictures and not actual statues?

yee! Mango leaves are even better... we dont have any supplied in the UK but ur lucky if you can get hold of them!

If they are pictures just use a drop over the frame glass...so u dont ruin the picture.

Good Luck