IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Suchandra can do favour?

Rate this topic

As you know I have no Pc. I want few chps Gita to read on mobile phone in jar. Format, Can you do or somebody else?. www.mjsoft.nm.ru/booke.htm (involve converting txt. Doc (?) to jar.

First there should be a Bhagavad-gita in non-pdf file since the program understands following formats:

• Microsoft Word files (.doc, .rtf etc) - MS Word must be installed on the PC
  • Plain text in ANSI encoding
  • Plain text in UTF8 encoding
  • Plain text in Unicode
  • Plain text in Unicode big endian encoding

The program to turn the txt into jar works fine when testing with msoffice.doc text.

:(?

When trying to download the Gita from above as MS words it says, "We’re sorry, the page you have requested is not available".

Can you post the direct download url for a Bhagavad-gita in MS words?

The program doesnt convert pdf and audio.

I found now a Bhagavad-gita as it is as MS word file and converted it into jar with this program, MyBook0.jar at http://www.mjsoft.nm.ru/booke.htm

The Bhagavad-gita jar file folder (960 KB) can be downloaded here and the description how to upload the Bhagavad-gita to your cell phone and install is here: http://www.mjsoft.nm.ru/booke.htm

Since the book is installed on your cell phone by java script I don't take any guarantee if this software is 100% trustworthy.

When scanning the program with AntiVir it says, no virus found.

Trojan Remover v 6.6 says, no malware detected.

SpyHunter says, no parasites found.

SpyWare Doctor says, no infections detected.

Please give a note how it works on your cell phone.

It works great with tons of options, to change the font size etc. Looks wise the is no spacing of the text, just one big clump of text unreadable. It works but wish there was text spacing. I notice you used 1968 gita. Id prefere 1972 with everything. Thankyou again. HAD NO problem installing, also the jar. File is all i need, my phone creates the jad. File.

It works great with tons of options, to change the font size etc. Looks wise the is no spacing of the text, just one big clump of text unreadable. It works but wish there was text spacing. I notice you used 1968 gita. Id prefere 1972 with everything. Thankyou again. HAD NO problem installing, also the jar. File is all i need, my phone creates the jad. File.

I also have the 1972 Gita - if you like that more it will be uploaded. Thanks sd.

But how to solve the problem of text spacing?

http://krishnamedia.org/ebooks/BgitaAII_txt.zip (2 gita, one plain, and diacritic)

This is the jar file of Bhagavad- gita As It Is, Macmillan 1972, approx 2 MB. Bhagavad-gita with diacritic at http://krishnamedia.org/ebooks/BgitaAII_txt.zip above, doesnt display the Sanskrit letters properly so it is better to use Bhagavad-gita_As_It_Is_plaintxt also from http://krishnamedia.org/ebooks/BgitaAII_txt.zip.

Download BhagavadGitaPlaintextjar.zip here.

I see if i can upload this on getjar.com - http://krishnamedia.org/ebooks/Bgasii_m.zip i renamed file to short hope u dont mind, can i use yr name? To say u did it.

The credit goes to you prabhu, I just did what you said, never heard before about changing txt files into jar and uploading this to cell phone. In which folder of the cell phone did you upload? Thanks sd.

Devotional music dominates mobile VAS market

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Features/The_Sunday_ET/Special_Report/Striking_the_spiritual_chord/articleshow/2964772.cms

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="10">

</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-bottom: 10px;" align="left" valign="top" width="100%"><!-- google_ad_section_start -->

<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="37%"> <colgroup> <col width="100%"> </colgroup> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: white;" width="100%">

photo.cms?msid=2964992

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

When friends discouraged Alexander Graham Bell on the idea of a telephone, his faith in God might have kept his spirit alive. Who knew decades later the instrument would be used to be closer to God!

In a day and age when everything is just an SMS away, one just needs to click a few buttons to have a religious or spiritual experience. The pious services offered by service providers have opened new horizons for business as well.

Indians have a strong affinity for Bollywood and devotional music, which they like to listen to ‘on-the-go.’ No wonder, there is a huge demand for such ringtones and caller tunes. The mobile VAS market, which includes about 25% of the total music business in the country, is dominated by these music categories.

Mobile music downloads, comprising mainly Bollywood, spiritual and even regional genres, is growing rapidly. These are expected to make India’s mobile music market worth $800 million by 2009, up from $100 million in 2005.

“The affinity for religious music downloads is growing rapidly in India. The devotional music category constitutes about 15-20 % of the total download market. The reasons for tremendous popularity are obvious in a country as spiritual as ours,” says Saleem Mobhani, COO, Hungama Mobile. “A lot of innovations has been happening in this segment over past few years. People can offer poojas through phone, watch live aartis from Siddhivinayak Temple, download their favourite bhajans. And all this at a cost of Rs 15-30,” adds Mobhani.

People Infocomm Mauj Mobile takes care of the consumers continuously on the move. It started Gita Shloka Service for mobile users last year. It offers 108 shlokas or prayers at a subscription rate of Rs 30 a month for Airtel rs. Users can set their favourite shlokas as their background music, ringtones or alarms.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="86%"> <colgroup> <col width="2%"> <col width="5%"> <col width="91%"> </colgroup> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: white;" width="2%">

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(153, 51, 0);" width="5%">

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(153, 51, 0);" width="91%">

Also Read

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: white;" width="2%">

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 243);" width="5%"> à

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 243);" width="91%"> Spiritual portals booming with business

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: white;" width="2%">

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 153);" width="5%"> à

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 153);" width="91%"> In the name of God...

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 243);" width="5%"> à

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 243);" width="91%"> Banking on religion with total trust

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 153);" width="5%"> à

</td> <td colspan="1" rowspan="1" style="background-color: rgb(255, 204, 153);" width="91%"> Striking the spiritual chord

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Other offerings by Mauj include wallpapers, animations, logos, mobile themes and ringtones representing India’s spiritual and religious diversity. Each of these services can be downloaded at nominal prices ranging from Rs 15-30. Through this initiative, Mauj Mobile aimed at bringing together two mobile technology and spiritual connect.

Music downloads are most popular among the various value added services available. “Hanuman Chalisa has always been among the top five music downloads throughout the year. This is followed by Gayatri Mantra and Shiv aartis and bhajans,” says Mobhani. Vogafone has been active in offering religious and spiritual services as well.

The Art of Living and astro alerts have been quite popular among users. Besides, it offers its customers devotional ringtones and caller tunes in 14-16 different languages. The users can download Bible verses and get quotes from His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI’s through SMS.

What’s more, one can listen Osho philosophy on the phone. On similar lines, Tata Indicom offers various devotional value-added services like quotes and bhajans from Sri Ravi Shankar, and also discourses from Isckon on its Faith Zone. Some of the key features available on the faith zone are daily inspiration, wisdom from Geeta, bhajans, aartis, factual information, wallpapers, ringtones, festival listings, latest news and events.

Says Pankaj Sethi, president, value-added services, Tata Teleservices, “Iskcon and Art of Living are affinity groups and they focus on spiritual and wellness and has a select audience. The alliance started in 2005 and is witnessing a strong growth. Tata Indicom was the first telecom to initiate talks with both Iskcon and Art of Living and its popularity has been growing year on year.”

</td></tr></tbody></table>