IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Shivam

A Question That Any Mataji Would Like To Ask But Are Too Shy To Ask.

Rate this topic

PAMHO

AGTSP

Are women allowed to touch the japa beads and bead bag while on monthly period?

This question came across me and I did not know how to answer. I wonder what Srila Prabhupada Said about this Subject matter. If anyone knows this, please share.

YS,

Shivam

Hari Bol!

Yes japa beads are ok to chant on. There should be no restriction for chanting. Nama prabhu is merciful so he will allow.

But they should not enter the temple room, participate in abhisekhas or touch the Deity form. Deity worship is very strict but Nama prabhu is more merciful.

I'm sorry I never knew a woman could not enter the temple room while on their period. I was told before that it was okay.:confused: ?????

But they should not enter the temple room, participate in abhisekhas or touch the Deity form. Deity worship is very strict but Nama prabhu is more merciful.

I'm sorry I never knew a woman could not enter the temple room while on their period. I was told before that it was okay.:confused: ?????

According to the sastras this is not to be done. Perhaps Srila Prabhupada was merciful and allowed them to enter the temple room. But they definitely cannot participate in abhisekhas or touch the deity in any way.

One cannot touch the husband when in period also. It is said that it reduces the lifespan of the husband.