IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
indulekhadasi

My Visit to Ekachakra Dhama

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna. Jai Nitai!

After many years of wishing to go to Ekachakra dhama I was finally able to go this year. I have written my realizations on the following website:

http://www.geocities.com/ekachakradhama/info.html

I would greatly appreciate it if you would read it and give me your comments. I have very neophyte realizations but hopefully you might get something out of it by reading this.

Thank you very much. Hare Krishna.

Your servant eternally,

indulekhadasi

Hare Krishna. Jai Nitai!

After many years of wishing to go to Ekachakra dhama I was finally able to go this year. I have written my realizations on the following website:

http://www.geocities.com/ekachakradhama/info.htm

I would greatly appreciate it if you would read it and give me your comments. I have very neophyte realizations but hopefully you might get something out of it by reading this.

Thank you very much. Hare Krishna.

Your servant eternally,

indulekhadasi

There's just one letter missing at the end of the url, it works like this

http://www.geocities.com/ekachakradhama/info.html

If any of you have been to Ekachakra dhama please share your experiences here. I would be very happy to read about other people's experiences. And even if you have never been there please say something! Like about Nityananda prabhu or something, anything. There are hundreds of threads on the jiva issue and if you want to know my opinion, these threads are quite dry to say the least. This is because the topic is not pure krishna katha. More often than not there is tons of Vaishnava aparadha on these threads as well. Why not talk about Lord Nityananda who is the embodiment of sweetness instead?

Jai Nitai!

I have received a letter from a man from Kovur Village in Tamil Nadu by the name of E. Esuraj. He is a follower of the Lord Guru Sree Raghavendra Swamy. Can you please tell me how to pronounce these words? Also anything you can tell me about his village?

I have received a letter from a man from Kovur Village in Tamil Nadu by the name of E. Esuraj. He is a follower of the Lord Guru Sree Raghavendra Swamy. Can you please tell me how to pronounce these words? Also anything you can tell me about his village?

This is how you pronounce the names. Esuraj is pronouced like this- the letter "A" and then sooraaj. Raghavendra is pronounced Raagh then uhv then the letter "A" then ndra. Swamy is the same as Swami. It is prounounced like this Swaamee.

I know this village is in Andhra Pradesh state of India. This is also the place where the Mahabharat (the great epic of India) was translated into Telegu by Mr. Thikkana.

Where and how did you correspond with him? So what if he's a follower of R, does that mean he's inviting you to his place? Whose name do you want to pronounce, the one you've been corresponding with:), or R's name?

he wrote a letter to our business -- I would like to give him a call -or write to him. I am not familiar with the language, and would like to know how to pronounce his name as well as who he follows. Also I am unable to locate his village on the internet. any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

he wrote a letter to our business -- I would like to give him a call -or write to him. I am not familiar with the language, and would like to know how to pronounce his name as well as who he follows. Also I am unable to locate his village on the internet. any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Did you read my above post? I gave a little info on the pronounciation and a little on his village. Sorry, that was all I knew.

I have a confession to make. Since I saw this, I've been debating whether to respond or not.

In the interest of "cleaning house" and adhering to my pre-New Year's resolution to only say complimentary and potentially informative things here on Audarya, I must tell you that I was mocking you when I asked "Where can we send our indulgences?" (or something to that effect).

Indulgences were sold by the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages, and provided a way for folks to buy their way into heaven. The tone of the page you linked to reminded me of that practice.

While I do almost no practical service, I *do* try to give some small donations to the local Ashram here, and, rarely, to the Math in Navadwip.

My apologies, Indulekha didi, for being so insincere.

Dayal Nitai!!

I recall Murali Mohan Prabhu was interested in donating to Ekachakra dhama. You can visit this page and send the money this way: http://www.mayapur.com/main/index.php?q=civicrm/contribute/transact&reset=1&action=preview&id=13

I have a confession to make. Since I saw this, I've been debating whether to respond or not.

In the interest of "cleaning house" and adhering to my pre-New Year's resolution to only say complimentary and potentially informative things here on Audarya, I must tell you that I was mocking you when I asked "Where can we send our indulgences?" (or something to that effect).

Indulgences were sold by the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages, and provided a way for folks to buy their way into heaven. The tone of the page you linked to reminded me of that practice.

While I do almost no practical service, I *do* try to give some small donations to the local Ashram here, and, rarely, to the Math in Navadwip.

My apologies, Indulekha didi, for being so insincere.

Dayal Nitai!!

No, you are not insincere. I misunderstood you, I am sorry. I am in no way pushing people to give donations. But after going to Ekachakra I feel a lot for both the dham vasis and the work they are doing for Lord Nityananda. I hope I do not seem too pushy.

Oh, by the way I went to the Math in Navadwip for the first time. It was amazing! Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the Maharajas they are all on preaching tours. The deities are beautiful though, and even though there were too many mosquitoes it was worth it going there!

Dayal Nitai!

Oh, by the way I went to the Math in Navadwip for the first time. It was amazing! Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the Maharajas they are all on preaching tours. The deities are beautiful though, and even though there were too many mosquitoes it was worth it going there!

Dayal Nitai!

Thank you for not taking offense. Certainly, if folks feel moved to help out a worthy cause, let them do so.

I'm glad you got darshan of Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Gandhava Govinda Sundar-jiu. To this day, I've only had that fortune in pictures. Perhaps, one day, I will share in your good fortune and sensibility and make the pilgrimage myself.

NabadwipDeitiesPhotoII-500p.jpg

Thank you for not taking offense. Certainly, if folks feel moved to help out a worthy cause, let them do so.

I'm glad you got darshan of Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Gandhava Govinda Sundar-jiu. To this day, I've only had that fortune in pictures. Perhaps, one day, I will share in your good fortune and sensibility and make the pilgrimage myself.

NabadwipDeitiesPhotoII-500p.jpg

Thank you for allowing me to have darshan of Their Lordships again! They are SO beautiful.

Even if I am in ISKCON I don't like that "my institution is better than yours" idea. The Lord is everywhere, right?

Next to the main temple is a samadhi of Srila Sridhara Maharaja. It was very beautiful and clean. We circumambulated 3 times and then we went to have darshan of Govinda Kunda (across from the temple).

Jai Sri Navadvipa dhama! Doyal Nitai!

Thank you for allowing me to have darshan of Their Lordships again! They are SO beautiful.

Even if I am in ISKCON I don't like that "my institution is better than yours" idea. The Lord is everywhere, right?

Next to the main temple is a samadhi of Srila Sridhara Maharaja. It was very beautiful and clean. We circumambulated 3 times and then we went to have darshan of Govinda Kunda (across from the temple).

Jai Sri Navadvipa dhama! Doyal Nitai!

In the sense that ISKCON *is* Mahaprabhu's Sankirttan movement (and not some mundane institution), then aren't we *all* trying to join with and serve ISKCON?

When will that day be mine?

Jai Srila Prabhupada!! Jai Gurudev!!

In the sense that ISKCON *is* Mahaprabhu's Sankirttan movement (and not some mundane institution), then aren't we *all* trying to join with and serve ISKCON?

When will that day be mine?

Jai Srila Prabhupada!! Jai Gurudev!!

Very true, prabhu.

When you go to your local ashram, do you see Pusta Krsna prabhu some times? And by the way, where is your local ashram? Reason why I am asking is because I might have gone there when I was 5 yrs old and living in California. I used to live in Newark, California. :)

Jai Nitai!

Very true, prabhu.

When you go to your local ashram, do you see Pusta Krsna prabhu some times? And by the way, where is your local ashram? Reason why I am asking is because I might have gone there when I was 5 yrs old and living in California. I used to live in Newark, California. :)

Jai Nitai!

Yes, Indulekha didi, Pusta Krishna Prabhu and his family are treasured members of our community (as well as being highly regarded in ISKCON circles, as you know). They are quite busy, so we see them most often at holidays. When Gurudev was visiting recently, Prabhu was regularly looking after Maharaja's health. I believe his daughter has been at school in San Diego and is about to enter medical school, while his son is entering college.

Uncle Pusta and Mother Daru Brahma bought me my first computer book (a book on programming in BASIC) back when I was 12 or so. Given my current occupation, I owe them a lot (materially as well as spiritually).

The Ashram itself is in the lovely hills of Soquel, near Santa Cruz--not too far from Newark (California, but far from Newark, New Jersey).

Yes, Indulekha didi, Pusta Krishna Prabhu and his family are treasured members of our community (as well as being highly regarded in ISKCON circles, as you know). They are quite busy, so we see them most often at holidays. When Gurudev was visiting recently, Prabhu was regularly looking after Maharaja's health. I believe his daughter has been at school in San Diego and is about to enter medical school, while his son is entering college.

Uncle Pusta and Mother Daru Brahma bought me my first computer book (a book on programming in BASIC) back when I was 12 or so. Given my current occupation, I owe them a lot (materially as well as spiritually).

The Ashram itself is in the lovely hills of Soquel, near Santa Cruz--not too far from Newark (California, but far from Newark, New Jersey).

Yup, we saw Prabhu and his family in Pennsylvania because his daughter is supposed to go to medical school there. Unfortunately I haven't been to the ashram in Soquel, I went to the ashram in San Jose. Have you ever been there?

Yup, we saw Prabhu and his family in Pennsylvania because his daughter is supposed to go to medical school there. Unfortunately I haven't been to the ashram in Soquel, I went to the ashram in San Jose. Have you ever been there?

I don't venture over to see Mahaprabhu in San Jose often enough.

There have been three SCSMath temples/ashrams there since the 80's. The first, on 13th Street, is where Goswami Maharaj delivered the classic books drawn from recordings of Srila Sridhar Maharaja's darshans. Then, there was another, smaller facility on 11th Street (I think). Currently Mahaprabhu is dancing on East Saint James, near San Jose State University in the ladies' Ashram under the expert care of Srimati Kum Kum didi, widow of Sripad Rsabdev Prabhu.

It's funny how this conversation started with Ekachakra Dhama, but has come to focus on Northern California Dham. No doubt, the places where Sriman Mahaprabhu and His Associates' engaged in their manifest pastimes in India are places of pilgrimage for all, but, in my limited vision, I see the Seva Ashramas as being as holy as any other place on this Earth planet.

Perhaps that's just a rationalization for spending all my disposable income on musical gear rather than air fare, though. :)

I don't venture over to see Mahaprabhu in San Jose often enough.

There have been three SCSMath temples/ashrams there since the 80's. The first, on 13th Street, is where Goswami Maharaj delivered the classic books drawn from recordings of Srila Sridhar Maharaja's darshans. Then, there was another, smaller facility on 11th Street (I think). Currently Mahaprabhu is dancing on East Saint James, near San Jose State University in the ladies' Ashram under the expert care of Srimati Kum Kum didi, widow of Sripad Rsabdev Prabhu.

It's funny how this conversation started with Ekachakra Dhama, but has come to focus on Northern California Dham. No doubt, the places where Sriman Mahaprabhu and His Associates' engaged in their manifest pastimes in India are places of pilgrimage for all, but, in my limited vision, I see the Seva Ashramas as being as holy as any other place on this Earth planet.

Perhaps that's just a rationalization for spending all my disposable income on musical gear rather than air fare, though. :)

Do you know Devamayi mataji...Srila Sridhar Maharaja disciple?

Do you know Devamayi mataji...Srila Sridhar Maharaja disciple?

Last I heard, she was living up near Berkeley. She's a wonderful Vaishnava!!

I can't say I know her well, though. Her daughter went to Columbia University to study journalism, I believe.

Wow, didi, you certainly are well-traveled and well-connected. :)

Last I heard, she was living up near Berkeley. She's a wonderful Vaishnava!!

I can't say I know her well, though. Her daughter went to Columbia University to study journalism, I believe.

Wow, didi, you certainly are well-traveled and well-connected. :)

Yes, she definitely is. We used to visit each other sometimes, that's how I know her.

Actually I don't travel much, I got to know such great personalities because I had been living there!

Jai Nitai!

Well, you must not disgust the great personalities the way I do. They must be happy to associate with you, wheras they simply tolerate me (at best).

Perhaps you've mentioned before, but who are your parents?

Yes, she definitely is. We used to visit each other sometimes, that's how I know her.

Actually I don't travel much, I got to know such great personalities because I had been living there!

Jai Nitai!

Well, you must not disgust the great personalities the way I do. They must be happy to associate with you, wheras they simply tolerate me (at best).

Perhaps you've mentioned before, but who are your parents?

Perhaps you know my dad who writes on Audarya Fellowship (rarely) as Gaurhari?