IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mahak

shared realizations

Rate this topic

This can be the nectar we all hope for, what we crave. Theist has a great new topic going, sharing his realizations, krsna has a new guru tattwa thread begun, and they have started off well. What do the disciples and followers of the vaisnava acaryas have to offer? Even if imperfectly composed, dont thoroughly honest folk wanna hear, and then chant?

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

You've hit on it here Mahak. Something that has taken me 55 years to finally start to get. All my life it has been important to me to be seen as right. More than most people. I have long seen this tendancy of mine and knew I had to get beyond it but couldn't. Personal feelings of insecurity had a lot to do with it.

At long last I am learning another way. More and more I am just wanting to learn something new about Krsna and God consciousness. A vital aspect to that is sharing that experience with others. Sharing is a two way street. We offer what we have been given and hear from others what they have been given.

Rather we are exactly right in all our beliefs is not so important beyond the basics of theism. Krsna will not reject us because we carry misconceptions even at the moment of death, so why do we insist on accepting and rejecting each other on our perceptions of how many misconceptions they may carry?

Someone believes we fell from Goloka. Someone else believes we were never there. Factions take birth separating those that think one way from those that think another. Factions then battle.

A question arises. Which is more powerful the cohesiveness of chanting the Holy Names or the divisivness of different opinons on these less important matters?

That we have to ask ourselves before we take a rigid stance against other vaisnavas.