IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Love Against Terrorism

Rate this topic

India interacts - Published on 14-09-2007: "Although He is the Supreme Lord, Krishna, He posed as a devotee, and revealed the most sublime sentiments and the natural disposition of a devotee. He taught us by His own example how to establish a connection with the Lord through the practice of pure devotion. When Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu appeared in this world, He brought His dearest servitors with Him, personalities such as Lord Nityananda Prabhu, Sri Advaita Acharya, Sri Gadadhar Pandit, Srivas Thakur, and other exalted associates, and along with these devotees He spread the Yuga-dharma, or the practice most recommended for the attainment of pure love for Sri Sri Radha-Krishna. That process is Harinam Sankirtan, or the congregational chanting of the Holy Names of the Lord:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare"

Not War, Philosophy of Love against Terrorism

http://indiainteracts.com/members/2007/09/14/Not-War-Philosophy-of-Love-agaist-Terrorism-/

Published on 14-09-2007: Prof T B Vijayakumar from Thrissur, Kerala called me few days back and wrote a thoght provoking mail involving SC ST OBC status in Left ruled states in India. I had a telephonic talk with the Professor and seeking answers to his burning questions. Meanwhile, I got an opportunity to meet the Marxist Minister and Poet Anil Sarkar, one of the architect of CPIM`s Dalit agenda passed in Hyderabad congress years passed. Anil sarkar was also present on the dias of National Dalit Bengali Refugee convention held in Abedkar Bhavan, New delhi on 21st August last. Anil Sarkar is one of the most powerful and respected political leader in North East. He advocates for developemental Corridors in NorthEast while he continues his war for Social Justice for dalits, tribals and minorities. He prefers literature and culture as tools of changes to mere politicalistion and vote Bank mobilisation. He philosophises: Since all the lyrics and literature have roots in the folk, cultural revolution must begin only from there! He considers Chaitanya Mahaprabhu the greatest rebel who provided the common masses the right to love and ensured the freedom of faith and religion.Vaishnav Andolan was the most powerful brekthrough to break the Brahminical Hegemony challanging State Power.In addition to his deep influences on Hinduism (some contend that Hinduism in Bengal might have been eradicated but for him), Chaitanya's cultural legacy in Bengal remains deep, with many residents performing daily worship to him as an avatar of Krishna. Some attribute to him a Renaissance in Benga, different from the more well known 19th century Bengal Renaissance. Salimullah Khan, a noted linguist, maintains, "Sixteenth century is the time of Chaitanya Dev, and it is the beginning of Modernism in Bengal. The concept of 'humanity' that came into fruition is contemporaneous with that of Europe". Chaitanya also influenced the Baul movement of Bengal, which some say was established by the son of his close friend Nityananda and is credited with locating a fragment of the lost scripture, Brahma Samhita.

Although He is the Supreme Lord, Krishna, He posed as a devotee, and revealed the most sublime sentiments and the natural disposition of a devotee. He taught us by His own example how to establish a connection with the Lord through the practice of pure devotion. When Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu appeared in this world, He brought His dearest servitors with Him, personalities such as Lord Nityananda Prabhu, Sri Advaita Acharya, Sri Gadadhar Pandit, Srivas Thakur, and other exalted associates, and along with these devotees He spread the Yuga-dharma, or the practice most recommended for the attainment of pure love for Sri Sri Radha-Krishna. That process is Harinam Sankirtan, or the congregational chanting of the Holy Names of the Lord:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

The marxist minister, an eminent dalit poet Anil Sarkar is the Patron for The boul convention to be organised on 19th and 20th september ahead by Tripura tribal Autonomous council in its headquarter Khumlung. Chief erxecutive member Aghor Deb Burman and another memebr Radhacharan Deb Burman are mobilising thousnads of bouls in North east to launch the Philosophy of Love to resist Terrorism! He is also the patron of more tahn fifty ambedkar mission units all over Tripura. ambedkar Mission has its units in bengal also. Anil Sarkar reinvents the dalit and subaltern ideology around Ambedkar, Karl Marx and Rabindra Nath Tagore.He sees through history rather as an Ambedkaraite and rejects all the myths as false!He visualise social justice in a cultural revolution with campaigning for folk culture. Folk festivals are the dearest medium for mass mobilisation for him. His dalit movement begins with folk essentially. He also projects casteology and the concept of Caste Struggle and believes in liberation via Class Struggle.Anil sarkar reads rabindra literature identifying its dalit content and negating brahminical bangla nationality. His nationality is essentially a dalit nationality which is identical with gautam Buddha, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Ambedkar and nowhere it contradicts materialist interpratation of history or the ideology Marxism!

Anil sarkar earlier had demanded to identify Creamy Layer in Caste Hindu Society while the Creamy Layer was identified to deny reservation. He demanded Constition amendment to accomodate deprived communities including OBCs and religious minorities in reservation and quota! Anil sarkar is prompt to support karunanidhi for his decision for reservation to religious minorities. He claims that governemnet of Tripura has implemented reservation and quota cent percent.He regrets that Tripura has not got a private sector as it is untouchable literally due to lack of connectivity. He is sure that in that case Tripura would have implemented the quota. In Tripura the population ratiohappens to be as follows: Tribals 31 percent, SC 17 percent, minorities 8 percent and OBC 24 percent. Despite insurgency problems, Anil babu claims that Tripura is the rare example of coexistence of Tribal Population with the mainstream nontribals!

Anil Sarkar demands that Judicial barriers should not be hinderance in the way of Social justice! He wrote poems on Mayawati but criticises her for withdrawing reservation recommendations for dalit Bengali refugees in UP. He demands that Ms Maywati shoud give SC status to namoshudras and Pods, the dalit Bengali refugees in UP.

The Marxist minister asys that the partition victim bengali dalit refugees who are rehabiliated or resettled themselves in different parts of the country are the most deprived lot in post independence India. they have to pay for freedom! He also recognises these communities as the main forces of National dalit Movement in Pre Independence India! He alleged that barring Assam,Orrissa and West Bengal , nowhere the dalit Bengali Refugees were granted resevation even after full sixty years of independence as these people were ejected out of their homeland , the base of National dalit Movement. Only these people electd and ensured the entry of Dr Ambedkar to the constitution Assembly and in return Ambedkar made reservation a mandatory provision in the constitution of Independent India. Ironically for whom the Dalits SC, ST and OBC enjoy reservation and quota , they themeselves remain deprived of.

He said,` At last we organised the National dalit Bengali Refugee Convention in Ambedkar Bhavan, New delhi on August 21st last. Vrinda karat and varadarajan led the event.It is tragic that the most militant community in India, The Namoshudras have been dehumanised and they live a subhuman life. They have no opportunity in Independent India. With this convention I am sure that they would mobilise themselves and return to Delhi in lacs to get their rightful right of reservation,education and mother tongue!’

He said,` There is no historical reality of the Myth of Rama. In North Rama is worshipped whereas in South Ravana is worshipped.Michael Madhusudan Dutta, the 19th century Bengali poet painted Rama as a villain in his classic Meghnad badh Kavay whereas Ravan`s Son Meghnad happens to be the hero and his wife Pramila , the heroine.So the matter is controversial and debated all along the history of Indian Intelligentsia!It is debated till this date.But roughly, it iis quite unfortunate that Indian opportunist Politics cunningly depends on this false Myth of Rama! Just to mobilise favourable Vote Bank!’

According to the Poet, who was awarded by Poetry Foundation only last evening in Kolkata for his contribution to the genre and whose poems on dalit Kanya Mayawati have been flashed worldwide as his idetity basically is based on his Marxist ideoplogy, war against Terrorism is not the answer to Terrorism. It rather provokes the chain reactions, he says. He may not accept, but as I know and believe he is not asupporter of military solution of nationality problems in North East and in the Rest of India or anywhere inthis Galaxy.

Anil sarkar says that the philosophy of Love is the best answer to terrorism! He mobilises the folk artists, the Bouls, singers and folk artists of different genre to resist subvertive activities.

Should President Bush learn a lesson?

I have detaild discussions with him ranging to Ram, Ram Mandir and Ramsetu to SC ST and OBC Minority staus in general all over the country. Understandablly he avoids particular questions involving West Bengal and Keral as a responsible seniormost minister of tripura, an Untouchable state itself. But he rather focuses on his own state while dealing with SC ST OBC Minority issues.

I have to answer some of the questions of Prof Vijay Kumar anothjer day. But I am forwarding his correspondence with this piece as those questions are very relevant as relevant is the stance of the dalit Poet and Marxist minister anil sarkar!

Well, as this is quite our focul point that the Black Dalit joint forum is mandatory to resist post modern Galaxy Manusmriti Order ruled by zionist Brahminical Imperialists and at the same time , we consider Apartheid and Untouchability are two sides of the same coin as aborigin Indian have always been Black Untouchability who were defeated, killed, enslaved and displaced time to time. The process is so refined nowadays in the global Village! We have not to go tracing the line of history as the stream of history is so alive, haunting! Infinite persecution and demographic rearrangement is the key of White as well as zionist Brahminical Hegemony worldwide. Islamophobia and dalit hatred based anti terror mechaninsm is nothing but the best expression of the Nazi legacy of liquidation and dehumanisatio right through the history. Thus, while Anil sarkar emphasises that the Myth Of ramchandra is not a reality at all and toes the line of Chaitany MahaPrabhu taming Jagai madhai to deal with Terrorism and cultural aliegnation and separatism, he stands quite outstanding as a dalit Poet and a marxist Leader should stand!

Aniil Sarkar said,` Chaitanya mahaprabhu was the first individual in History of Hindu rule in Indian Subcontinent who dared to break Brahminical Hegemony. he ensured the freedom of Religion for the marginalised Dalit masses! He unified the Untouchable Blacks to break white supremacy and his movement, hence, is still quite relevent. Not only religion, with highclass classic spiritual philosophy his clan produced supreme quality literature , art and music all rooted in folk culture!Sanskrit Poet jaideV was the origianl Boul but Chaitnya mahaprabhu`s impute in deh Tatva and Bouldhara was quite an aborigins!

Jaidev`s native palce Kenduli happnes to be the most sacred place for Bauls accross the border. Joydev Kenduli is famous for Fair in MakarSankranti. This place is visited by millions of people during this period of year to take a holy dip in the River Ajay. The fair in question is the three-day-long annual festival that is held in the middle of January at Kenduli village in Birbhum . Kenduli is the birth-placeof the great Sanskrit poet Joydeb . Joydeb's 'Gitagovindam' is a collectionof poems on the divine love between Lord Krishna and Radha . So, the Vaishnavites consider Kenduli as a place of pilgrimage and visit this place atthis time of the year . Moreover, Joydeb, being the propounder of attaining

salvation through love, is revered by the bauls of Bangla .

Not War, Philosophy of Love against Terrorism

Yeah right. Let's all sing Kum-by-ya and all the mean nasty terrorists will just leave us alone.

Is that what Krsna taught Arjuna? No He told Arjuna, "Armed with yoga, stand and fight!"

Did Arjuna fight with a heart filled with hate or a heart filled with love?

Love for the instructions of Krsna. He was taught in the second chapter that the wise lament for the living or the dead. Afterall killing the body amounts to nothing more than an eviction from the earth planet. No one dies.

Arjuna wanted to withdraw from the battle and pretend to be a peaceful brahmana but Krsna would have none of it. Prabhupada wrote that Krsna spoke in such a way as to incite his anger. Not hate but anger.

Kysatriyas should be incensed at the actions of the sub-human suicide bombers who kill scores of innocents in the marketplaces and public squares. They should be killed without mercy or a second thought.

If memory serves, Arjuna expressed quite a bit of love and affection for those whose bodies were later slain by him.

The suicide bombers are no worse in my mind than the cowards killing thousands of Iraqi civilians from thousands of miles away with the strokes of their pens.

Love for the instructions of Krsna. He was taught in the second chapter that the wise lament for the living or the dead. Afterall killing the body amounts to nothing more than an eviction from the earth planet. No one dies.

Arjuna wanted to withdraw from the battle and pretend to be a peaceful brahmana but Krsna would have none of it. Prabhupada wrote that Krsna spoke in such a way as to incite his anger. Not hate but anger.

Kysatriyas should be incensed at the actions of the sub-human suicide bombers who kill scores of innocents in the marketplaces and public squares. They should be killed without mercy or a second thought.

No, wait. The folks trying to defend their homeland from foreign invaders are *more* honorable than the aggressors.

I wouldn't put it past the dog-eating US Administration to be orchestrating the "unrest" (market bombings, etc.) as a pretense for keeping US troops in the region. What do the Iraqis gain by killing their own people? The "jihadis" are the ones going after the infidel Americans--why would they need to bomb their own neighbors?

Even the pre-existing "sectarian strife" could be manipulated and inflamed by the plunderers.

The suicide bombers are no worse in my mind than the cowards killing thousands of Iraqi civilians from thousands of miles away with the strokes of their pens.

No, wait. The folks trying to defend their homeland from foreign invaders are *more* honorable than the aggressors.

I wouldn't put it past the dog-eating US Administration to be orchestrating the "unrest" (market bombings, etc.) as a pretense for keeping US troops in the region. What do the Iraqis gain by killing their own people? The "jihadis" are the ones going after the infidel Americans--why would they need to bomb their own neighbors?

Even the pre-existing "sectarian strife" could be manipulated and inflamed by the plunderers.

:wacko:

Last night I saw a CNN special on Taliban brutality against women in Afghanistan.

That form of Islam is a scourge on mankind.

Love and kindness will not work with them.

The only thing they will understand is brutal suppression.

Love the Islamists?

Not in my book.

That religion is nuisance on the face of the Earth.

I would exterminate them like cockroaches if I had the chance.

Loving Islam is like loving a Cobra.

No matter how much you love the cobra the cobra with bite you and kill you if it gets the chance.

That's what that Baptist was saying about the Hare Krishnas.

There's plenty of hate to go around, eh?

I don't think so.

I have had some Christian friends over the years and they were quite fond of me.

Another point that you seem to be missing is that Hare Krishna people are nowhere near as violent and murderous as Islamists.

They are slaughtering each other in the thousands right now in Iraq right.

What kind of a religion is that?

It's not a religion.

It is a plague.

You can kiss the Muslim if you want.

But, I would rather kiss a donkey's behind.

Looks like the thread was deleted, but somebody had referenced a blog post by a Baptist who was proposing, after exterminating all life in Iraq, that the US ship all of it's religious "cult" members (he listed Mormons, "Hare Krishnas", Moonies, and more) to Iraq and keep them prisoner there.

It was that particular Baptist to which I refer.

I don't think so.

I have had some Christian friends over the years and they were quite fond of me.

Last night I saw a CNN special on Taliban brutality against women in Afghanistan.

What about the brutality against women in the West????

From that picture of your daughter that you posted recently, it looks like she's bought into the Western "Beauty culture" hook, line and sinker. My own daughter is only 4 (almost 5), and she's well on her way to becoming a fashion slave.

In the West, women are so oppressed they feel the need to inject botulism (Botox) into their lips and have their breasts mutilated, what to speak of the horrors of high-heeled shoes.

That form of Islam is a scourge on mankind.

Love and kindness will not work with them.

The only thing they will understand is brutal suppression.

Love the Islamists?

Not in my book.

That religion is nuisance on the face of the Earth.

I would exterminate them like cockroaches if I had the chance.

Loving Islam is like loving a Cobra.

No matter how much you love the cobra the cobra with bite you and kill you if it gets the chance.

I saw it also. Women being shot in the head for wanting to feel the sun on theirs faces or to go to school and learn. No music or dancing allowed. Children are not allowed to fly kites. The most anti-God people around and that includes the atheists.

The Cobra example is perfect and the Cobra that has a jewel on it's head is the most dangerous. Their jewel is called religion by them. It appears attractive to many. These Taliban and al-Queda are hard core demons who have taken come from hell to take birth on the Earth to hasten this planets fall into hell.

I only differ with Guruvani in that I would show mercy to the coakroaches before these scum.

Of course, CNN is a completely unbiased source, right?

What happens in the West is every bit as horrifying as what you're describing.

I saw it also. Women being shot in the head for wanting to feel the sun on theirs faces or to go to school and learn. No music or dancing allowed. Children are not allowed to fly kites. The most anti-God people around and that includes the atheists.

The Cobra example is perfect and the Cobra that has a jewel on it's head is the most dangerous. Their jewel is called religion by them. It appears attractive to many. These Taliban and al-Queda are hard core demons who have taken come from hell to take birth on the Earth to hasten this planets fall into hell.

I only differ with Guruvani in that I would show mercy to the coakroaches before these scum.

We're so enlightened in the West, we watch people getting raped, murdered, and in so many other ways debased for *entertainment*.

Watching the Sopranos has to be one of the worst things a person can do to their consciousness, don't you agree?

That is because you don't live in Florida.

Down here them little disease spreaders are off-the-chain.:D

I smash cockroaches without a second thought.

I don't allow disease spreaders in my house.

If they enter they die!:smash:

What about the brutality against women in the West????

Perhaps the Taliban are misguided in their approach, but can you blame them for wanting to spare their women-folk the fate of women (and men, for that matter) in the West?

http://www.musc.edu/vawprevention/research/sexharass.shtml

According to Hostile Hallways, 83% of the girls and 60% of the boys reported experiencing sexual harassment in school.

That is because you don't live in Florida.

Down here them little disease spreaders are off-the-chain.:D

I smash cockroaches without a second thought.

I don't allow disease spreaders in my house.

If they enter they die!:smash:

Yeah I know the feeling. I used to live in Hawaii and I am sure you have the same 3" roaches that fly. I admit to poisoning a few with sugar and boric acid. We all have our limits.

Deplorable!!

It's a bit harder to get a picture of the effects on a woman of 18 years of acculturation in a degraded Western society.

Have you heard, the suicide rate amongst children in the US is shooting up?

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/2004-09-22-suicide-rates-doubled-5-14.htm

Our kids don't need somebody else to brutalize them--they're doing it to themselves.

Our kids don't need somebody else to brutalize them--they're doing it to themselves.

It's the pressure to succeed and be all materialistic.

Kids want something more than the rat race.

Mundane people drive kids to the grave.

I actually understand why Muslims want to destroy the USA.

I can relate.

The difference is, I don't agree with their methods.

You can't change the world with terrorism.

You can change the world with love - something the Islamic demons are completely devoid of.

Deplorable!!

It's a bit harder to get a picture of the effects on a woman of 18 years of acculturation in a degraded Western society.

It's not hard for me.

I have an 18 year old daughter and it is not a cake walk trying to help her to adulthood.

She is making progress.

But, 15, 16 and 17 are tumultuous.

Nobody knows what I have been through.

It has not been easy.

Just saw a video smuggled out of Iran of a wmonan being surrounded and stoned to death by a large jeering cheering crowd of men. Yeah Muslims are the protectors of woman all rght.:rolleyes:

I fail to see your point. The thought is that, when there is a strong deterrent against breaking laws, folks will be more hesitant to break them. Thus women (and men) ought to be more "protected" from the ills of "sin" overall.

Well, if you're a death penalty proponent, then you'd have to admit the deterrent factor of being stoned to death in public has got to be greater than being executed behind closed doors by the government the way it is done in most Western countries (that have the death penalty).

If you look at the statistics, Iran doesn't execute all that many people more than the US does:

http://web.amnesty.org/pages/deathpenalty-facts-eng

Iran executed 177 people, Pakistan 82 and Iraq and Sudan each at least 65. There were 53 executions in 12 states in the USA.

According to this:

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cp.htm

the U.S. did not execute any women last year, but there were 52 women on death row as of year-end 2005.

My point is not that the Muslims are perfect or that all of their actions are defensible. My point is that the West, and the US, in particular is no better, and, in many areas, could be considered to be *worse*.

My point is not that the Muslims are perfect or that all of their actions are defensible. My point is that the West, and the US, in particular is no better, and, in many areas, could be considered to be *worse*.

Women in the west have been given all the liberties they have demanded.

I don't see your point.

Women don't want to be protected and refuse protection and the laws of the state do not allow forcible protection.

If a woman in the west gets abused it is most often because she wants to be.

You can't protect women in the west like they did in Vedic culture.

Even then, the Vedic rules were many times abused and women were also abused in the asura-varnashrama of the caste goswamis.

Women in the west get decent treatment.

Nothing is perfect not even in Vedic culture.