IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
needofhelp

confused and tired.

Rate this topic

Your reasoning may make perfect sense in your own world but it makes no sense to me at all.
Well, that sometimes happens, and I'm okay with that. If it matters to you, just focus on the first sentence of my original post. If it doesn't make sense, then it doesn't make sense - and I'm okay with that. That is the Vedic verdict, and it opposes Darwin's hypothesized causes: natural selection and survival of the fittest and chance.

what we call classical science is really a house ......rather a mountain of cards.....and you just have to pull one card and all advance science comes crashing down.........

This is so true. For those with an overabundance of faith in science, this article from today's Wall Street Journal ought to be eye-opening.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118972683557627104.html

Here are the first few paragraphs:

Most Science Studies

Appear to Be Tainted

By Sloppy Analysis

September 14, 2007; Page B1

We all make mistakes and, if you believe medical scholar John Ioannidis, scientists make more than their fair share. By his calculations, most published research findings are wrong.

Dr. Ioannidis is an epidemiologist who studies research methods at the University of Ioannina School of Medicine in Greece and Tufts University in Medford, Mass. In a series of influential analytical reports, he has documented how, in thousands of peer-reviewed research papers published every year, there may be so much less than meets the eye.

These flawed findings, for the most part, stem not from fraud or formal misconduct, but from more mundane misbehavior: miscalculation, poor study design or self-serving data analysis. "There is an increasing concern that in modern research, false findings may be the majority or even the vast majority of published research claims," Dr. Ioannidis said. "A new claim about a research finding is more likely to be false than true."

The hotter the field of research the more likely its published findings should be viewed skeptically, he determined.