IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Food Prepared by Iskcon is First Offered to Lord Jagannath as 'Bhog'

Rate this topic

I would answer that but then this discussion is why I abandoned the world review forum.

Ah, if I get enough curiosity, maybe I'll go for a ride in the way-back machine and take a look at those discussions.

I couldn't find a quote (help, somebody?), but a friend was telling me that Srila Prabhupada cited a Vedic source in stating that there are a certain number of types of people who may be killed. One of them was the person who invades one's country.

We (the USA) call the Iraqi insurgents "terrorists". Others call them "freedom-fighters".

We called the Afghani insurgents--during the Soviet occupation--"freedom fighters" and we called the Contra Rebels (terrorists by many accounts) "freedom fighters" in Nicaragua.

Sheer hypocrisy!

I also see that Iskcon is very duplicitous in this regard.

ISKCON should somehow try to push the feeding of people with prasadam in the West - why India? Spiritual food is badly needed anywhere:

Novelist Porochista Khakpour Drinks the Kool-Aid at a Hare Krishna Temple

http://nymag.com/daily/food/2007/08/novelist_porochista_khakpour_d.html

There is not one Kshatriya in the US military (even those who identify as being Vaishnavas).

Well, good points, but things are getting more tough in India - Muslim/Hindus need quite strong government to go together, but is this realy warranted?

The Central Security agencies had sent today a secret message saying that Bangalore’s ISKCON Temple, Vidhana Soudha, Jamia-Masjid and prominent buildings are being targeted by the terrorists:

MORE TERRORIST GROUPS ENTERING INDIA

http://www.starofmysore.com/main.asp?type=news&item=14189

Bangalore, Aug. 31 (TRR)- Pakistan -based terrorist outfits are wooing innocent Indian youth to indulge in terrorist activities, according to intelligence sources.

Some organisations who have identified themselves with terrorist outfits are giving training to local youth and also money to them.

Al Rasheed, a Pakistan-based Trust, is trying to get foothold in India. Abdul Rehman, the man arrested in connection with the attack on Indian Institute of Science (IISc), is a native of Nalagonda District of Andhra Pradesh. He is also Operations chief in South India and was trained in Bangladesh.

Bagalkot camp

It has also been found during investigation that Habeed alias Mehaboob Ibrahim, who was arrested in Bagalkot, stayed with Pakistan and Bangladesh nationals. These two incidents give sufficient indications of the fact many terrorists arrested in AP and Karnataka have links with Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Al Barkat, a Somalia-based Organisation, is also reported be targeting India. The Central Security agencies had sent a secret message saying that Bangalore’s ISKCON Temple, Vidhana Soudha, Jamia-Masjid and prominent buildings are being targeted by the terrorists.

It is also believed that terrorists Mustafa, who is now in London, Kameel who is now hiding in Italy, Nedal, Mohamed, Jaleem Khan, Amidoicch, who are now in Chechenya, are trying to sneak into India. These terrorists who have identified themselves with Al -Qaida and Taliban have been listed by the intelligence agencies.

The agencies have gathered information about International Islamic Relief Agency, International Relief Organisation, Islamic Relief Organisation, Islamic World Relief, Al-Islamia and Al-almiya Organisations trying to find a base in India. Terrorists are conducting their transactions hiding their real names while opening accounts in Banks. It is possible that they may give fictitious names and address.

The Central government has already cautioned the Banks to be careful about terrorist organizations, who are resorting to benami transactions.

The Security Advisory Council has also found out the names of foreign VIPs who are supporting terrorist activities in India. Pakistan’s Minister of State for Information and Culture; Kandahar region’s State Agriculture Minister, Foreign Affairs and Commerce Ministers, sources of Islamabad’s Taliban Embasy office, Pakistan’s Internal Affairs Minister, Chief justice of Kandahar Military Court are believed to be some of the main supporters of terrorists operating in India, according to the intelligence agencies.

Interesting. The "War on Terror" is really about lining the pockets of defense contractors, plain and simple.

Stronger government has nothing to do with people getting along with each other (except to repress latent hostilities as was done in the former Soviet Union and their client countries, and, when that repression was removed, conflict broke out immediately in places like Bosnia).

All that is required is a bit of tolerance and good-will. Of course, Krishna Consciousness is the pinnacle of good-will.

Well, good points, but things are getting more tough in India - Muslim/Hindus need quite strong government to go together, but is this realy warranted?

Pranam theist

But don't you see everyone in the material is a punching bag and soft target for someone else. All have wronged and been wronged. We need to transcend this whole tit for tat scenario and enter the spiritual world. This takes loving and forgiving our so-called enemies. Very difficult to do but we must for our own sake.

Yes this certainly is great understanding but as you point out difficult to implement, we have to interact with each other and that is why there are Yama and Niyam for a society to function in harmony, such laws are vital and if the karma is understood then one would think twice even to harm an ant.

Yes this is perfect. So why let your mind be disturbed by something that happened 500 years ago? Let it go. No need to forget but forgive and free yourself from the anger and resentment.

What happened than is still present now, it is not anger and resentment, perhaps not even the reminders that stand witness to the past atrocieties, the fact is the terror is still present, what I cant understand is a society whose greeting is peace to each other do not afford this to those who do not belong to their fold. What can one do except endure but we can not condone those action or fail to see the real cause of terrorism, who ever causes it should be exposed.

Well I know what you men here. I also see that Iskcon is very duplicitous in this regard. We should say what we mean in a straightforward way as Srila Prabhupada did. The devotee is neither hindu christian buddhist or muslim although due to particular backgrounds they may appear that way. This type of thing is another reason I do not consider myself a part of Iskcon. And you shouldn't have to fight for your right to worship at the manor. Srila Prabhupada made it very clear when he was here that when Indians who were now in the west came to an Iskcon temple that they were MORE THAN WELCOME to worship at his temples anywhere in the world and he taught that his disciples were to show them an extra degree of tolerance and courtesy even if their mode of worship was a little different in some aspects.

I may have not made my point clear although it was about, despite Iskcon duplicity, we stood shoulder to shoulder to keep the manor open.

I would like to make this clear Iskcon was not stopping Hindus to worship at manor but it was a fight between the authorities and the temple and we all gathered force.

Yes, I was in Vrndavan when it all happened. Horrific event from start to finish by all involved.

And I was in Sudamapuri (Porbander Gujrat) it was horrific and scary.

I don't want to be misunderstood. I am not a pacifist in this regard. I believe terrorists,who right now are mostly self-identified as militant muslims, should be hunted down and killed on the spot. But by the appropiate military establishments of the world's governments. I am far far right of even Bush in this regard who has messed up the war on terror with the war in Iraq more than could be imagined.

Terrorist come in all uniforms, religious as well as atheists like Mao and Stalin and sometimes my own government. Add to that the stret criminals that inhabit our cities and we see the world is filled with terrorists of all descriptions.

But here is the thing. Unless we are kystriyas and properly engaged we only do ourselbves harm in dwelling on these horrific things. I know from my own experience that becoming obsessed with things beyond our control will only drive us more insane.

We need to speak the truth as you say, and even the wordly truth needs to be said as you indicated. No problem, But we need to speak that truth in proper relation to the transcendental truth of God. In this way we can really make a difference.

As a devotee you have so much knowledge that is missing throughout the world. Our main battle is with atheism in all it's forms.

I am glad of your final analysis, of course this place is described by Krishna as Dukhalaya full of misery, and yes no one group should be singled out yet one is guided by what one see in the world.

I am sure there are good people in this group of Muslims, how could there not? Yet when one forms opinions by what one sees, I see violence, hate, and subjugation. If this is to win their heaven, I will prefer to stay on this earth.

I can also see the excessive punishment mated in response to one horrific crime committed by few individuals for that wrong country bore the brunt of one country’s anger, I also feel deep sympathy for those individual who may or may not be responsible, suffered the indignation under captivity and perhaps still suffering.

We should choose our fields of battle wisely Ganeshprasad my brother.

I wish we did not have to choose any battle my friend and if this battle of ours resulted in brotherhood I am glad, for I can see neither one of us have an appetite for violence.

Hare Krsna

Jai Shree Krishna

Pranam theist

I wish we did not have to choose any battle my friend and if this battle of ours resulted in brotherhood I am glad, for I can see neither one of us have an appetite for violence.

You missed theist's comment about hunting down and killing the terrorists?

Pranam

Yes when we pick a sentance out of context it sounds horrible, if i read whole of his argument i find theist does not advocate violence.

As much as i hate voilence but i still reserve the right to self defence. if the house is on fire we get out and then if we can, we help put the fire out.

Jai Shree Krishna

Perhaps you missed Krsna's teaching to Arjuna in the 2nd chapter of the Gita about the nature of killing. And in the rest of the book about the duty of kystariyas.