IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Are Women More Peaceful?

Rate this topic

According the Dalai Lama, yes. "Women can lead us to a more peaceful world".

www.CaliforniaWomen.org

"I'm very honored that Maria Shriver asked me to come and speak to the women of California," the Nobel Peace Prize winner said.

"I have always believed that women have a unique role in society. Women have a special capacity to lead us to a more peaceful world with compassion, affection and kindness. And there is no more important time for that than this moment."

Shriver traveled to North India earlier this month, where she met with the 14th Dalai Lama and extended a formal invitation to speak at the conference.

Guest guest

According the Dalai Lama, yes. "Women can lead us to a more peaceful world".

Yes women can lead the world to peace as they are not waging wars and are made by nature to nurture the race - children, family.

But today's modern woman also needs to seek peace first within to bring it to the society. Many husbands know how 'peaceful' their wives can get, if they don't agree with them or do something they don't like. :D They can get more disturbed emotionally at times.

I don't think that the veal eating Dalai Lama is any authority to be making pronouncements about who is most peaceful.

We should look to Mahaprabhu for the answers.

That is the Gaudiya culture.

The Gaudiyas don't place any value on what the Dalai Lama says.

My personal opinion is that in the modern age woman have been given all the same access and liberties as the men so women as a gender have evolved beyond the childish, sheltered types of the medieval times.

I see plenty of women MUCH more intelligent and high class then me.

Many women are more intelligent and self-controlled than many men.

It all depends on the individual.

I don't think that making comparisons based on gender is any valid method of judging.

If you compare a modern American or European woman against some sheltered, enslaved woman in Afghanistan the of course there is a big difference.

Women have evolved in modern times.

So, ancient concepts of women aren't valid when you are talking about modern western countries.

Guest guest

And that, my friend, is the clincher.

Dala Lama has no clue what peace really means. If he stopped eating slaughtered animals, he would maybe have a chance.

I don't think that the veal eating Dalai Lama is any authority to be making pronouncements about who is most peaceful.

Guest guest

So, ancient concepts of women aren't valid when you are talking about modern western countries.

True. It is a very different situation. Yet there are some similarities to the past as well.

I think women in general cause men to lead very different lives than the ones they would like to lead: on one hand more responsible life, on the other hand a more materialistic life.

Guest guest

We should look to Mahaprabhu for the answers.

That is the Gaudiya culture.

The Gaudiyas don't place any value on what the Dalai Lama says.

My personal opinion is that in the modern age woman have been given all the same access and liberties as the men so women as a gender have evolved beyond the childish, sheltered types of the medieval times.

I see plenty of women MUCH more intelligent and high class then me.

Many women are more intelligent and self-controlled than many men.

It all depends on the individual.

I don't think that making comparisons based on gender is any valid method of judging.

If you compare a modern American or European woman against some sheltered, enslaved woman in Afghanistan the of course there is a big difference.

Why do your posts have to be all so self boastful and arrogant?

We are gaudiyas n we don't care for anyone blah blah...

Your arrogancy certainly doesn't represent a gaudiya behavior so say the least. arrogantvani.

Whatever you wrote about modern women, is nothing new!

Do think that Dalai Lama is unaware of all this? duh..!

Does the Dalai Lama really eat meat? I thought he was a strict vegetarian.

Haribol,

Jai

Does the Dalai Lama really eat meat? I thought he was a strict vegetarian.

Haribol,

Jai

yes, he eats meat and his favorite meat is veal.

there are many buddhists who eat meat.

some buddhist schools are veggie, but the one that the Dalai Lama represents is non-vegetarian.

yes, he eats meat and his favorite meat is veal.

there are many buddhists who eat meat.

some buddhist schools are veggie, but the one that the Dalai Lama represents is non-vegetarian.

That's awful, I had no idea. And to think he's supposed to be this embodiment of peace. It's so sad.

Hari save us.

Jai

Guest guest

That's awful, I had no idea. And to think he's supposed to be this embodiment of peace. It's so sad.

Hari save us.

Jai

Of course its not great that he eats meat on specific days, but even in Vedic times the kshatriyas were allowed to eat meat. And there was a tradition of hunting too.

Of course its not great that he eats meat on specific days, but even in Vedic times the kshatriyas were allowed to eat meat. And there was a tradition of hunting too.

But the Kshatriyas were only supposed to hunt when there was a specific animal that was a danger to the people. Otherwise hunting was not permitted. If you look at the shastra, bad things always happen when a kshatriya goes hunting for pleasure.

eg 1. Pandu in the Mahabharat - he went tiger hunting and killed Rishi Kindam by mistake.

2. Dashrath in Ramayana - he went hunting and killed Shravan whose parents then cursed him and died.

3. Parikshit in Bhagavatam - he went hunting and was influenced by Kali Yuga.

4. Shri Rama himself in the Ramayana - he went deer hunting and Sita was abducted by Ravana.

5. Duryodhana in Mahabharat - he went hunting with Karna and was captured by the Gandharvas and then saved by the Pandavas.

Haribol!

Jai