IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Patna: Kids at graveyard school face nightmares

Rate this topic

Kids at graveyard school face nightmares

martyrs_graveyard.jpg

Thu Jul 12, 10:38 AM ET PATNA, India (Reuters) - Scores of Indian children attending a school located in a graveyard were having recurring nightmares about ghosts and have appealed to authorities to shift them from the site, officials and residents said.

"I have stopped going to school after many dead people walked out of their graves and came into my dreams, ordering me to reach school on time," said six-year-old Raqib Ansari.

This week, hundreds of children at the school in the eastern state of Bihar, accompanied by their parents, marched to the office of a senior district official, asking for the school to be shifted away from the Muslim graveyard.

About 200 children study in the makeshift school set up several years ago after authorities refused to donate land for a school in Kohari village, 125 miles southwest of the state capital, Patna.

Some parents say their children's sleep and health is being affected by dreams of ghosts.

"They used to play and study together and finish their lunch boxes while sitting on top of concrete graves but now the ghosts have come to haunt them at night and they are falling ill," said one father, Riyazuddin Ansari.

"We have no choice as the nearest other school is at least four hours away," he said by phone from Kohari.

There are more than 100 tombs in the graveyard but dozens of fresh graves -- most of them shallow -- have been dug in recent months, further crowding the burial ground.

Authorities in densely populated Bihar said they were trying to provide new land for the school.

"Maybe the dead are not enjoying the noise inside the graveyard any more, but we are looking into the matter," said Ram Yash Singh, a village council official.

Guest guest

Mahak pr ... is that you?

mahaksadasa, tribute to those already done wit dat.

Guest guest

im temporarily occupying this form, soon to be occupying these homes of me homeboys.

Guest guest

This time around, and its been fun. The first thing a dead person leanrs is that he didnt die. Go figure.

No, Im bright eyed and bushy tailed. Dying is what everyone else does. Or, my landscaping is so good, people are dyin to see it.

Is my photo that bad???

Thx for your concern. Ive always wondered how Id let my friends know after the fact. This is what is so awesome about taking sanyassi, you can let your friends know that you died.

Hare krsna, ys, mahak

Guest guest

poor kids ..eating lunch in graveyards... no wonder that the gosts are ordering the kids to come to school on time .......so that they can posses them and enjoy food through them....

one more reason to eat sattvik diet to keep such spirits away .... and to do the shrad ceremony so as to give relief to ancestors in ghostly life....

and yeah a lot of people who think they'll go to heaven end up as ghosts.....

cause its not easy to get a good birth.....