IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Iran Shows the Way to Civilised Behaviour

Rate this topic

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>Iran Shows the Way to Civilised Behaviour

</TD></TR><TR><TD>

Editorial – Islamic Services.org April 5, 2007

15 British Sailors, who had no right to be in Middle East at all, were captured by the Iranians while intruding Iran’s territory. From the first day the Iranians treated them in accordance with laws of War and peace as laid down in the Quran.

They were treated with respect as guests, provided good accommodation, food, and all the hospitality that the Islamic tradition demands. Contrary to what they might be urged to say by the British Military now that they are freed, there is no doubt that they were treated with kindness and traditional Islamic hospitality.

No orange jump suits, no barbed wire, no hoods, no electric shocks, no dogs let loose on them, no sodomy, no rape, no wild and threatening statements and no steroid fed soldiers leading them on a leash! Contrast that with Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo and Baghram in Afghanistan and you can see which culture is civilised.

Announcing the release of the British Sailors, Ahmedinejad, President of Iran said:

"On the occasion of the birthday of the great prophet (Muhammad) ... and for the occasion of the passing of Christ, I say the Islamic Republic government and the Iranian people — with all powers and legal right to put the soldiers on trial — forgave those 15," he said, referring to the Muslim prophet's birthday on March 30 and the Easter holiday.

"This pardon is a gift to the British people," he said.

Compare that with the utterances and actions of war mongers such as Bush, Blair, Cheney, Netanyahu, Olmert and Sharon. These war mongers have by their words and deeds brought wars, massacres, starvation, rape, torture and hatred to the world. America has been involved in around 100 conflicts since it’s birth (here), Israel has made wars with all it’s neighbours and has murdered tens of thousands of innocent civilians in Palestine, Lebanon and Syria. Britain, France, and Russia have caused the deaths of millions of people through their colonialist conquests.

Iran has never invaded any country and neither have the currently American occupied countries, Somalia, Iraq or Afghanistan invaded any other countries

If these wars are to be ended and mankind is to live in peace, the western world will have to listen to former Iranian President Khatami and support his “ dialogue of civilisation”

www.islamservices.org/

freed_marines.jpg

The British captives on their release in Tehran.

The contrast couldn't be more telling.

guantanamo_inmates.jpg

The UK/US Coalition treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Guest guest

Yes, this is propaganda. But so what. One must be sane to discern the truth from brutal untruthfulness that exists blatantly in this world, in this age.

Facts are often the basis of propaganda, but because the word "propaganda" has a bad conotation, the facts are NOT Dealt with.

Fact is, "Im in my dinner jacket" (my easy way to remember the president of Iran's name) acted properly, and in doing so, made the bushes who want to bring on armageddon with nukes in the worst way, were foiled. He releases tham on a holy day for us westerners, and we drop bombs on them to start their holy months. The brits were in the wrong place and their arrest and detainment was not hoistage taking, rahter protection of sovereign boundaries. We convict an american citizen who joined the taliban long before 911, was not a part of any terror group or attack on americans, and on 911 decided to leave afghan and flee to pakistan.

We give him forty years, for what? For wanting to be taliban in 2000? Hell, GW Bush hosted a cow-kill for the taliban on his texas ranch in 2000, wheeling and dealing for pipeline access to the sea.

Propaganda, but true nonetheless. US is not the higher road here, it is a sham. They probably hate britain now like they hate france and Germany, but the fact is, amerikkka is the hated one, universally, and for adequate reason, our leaders are fascist pukes.

mad mahax

Guest guest

One issue is dealt with here. How are bahais any different from the lakota or the nez perce. . And the US military is just as perverted as any other military, led by matter addicts without any mercy or human understanding at all. You want to demonize imams for their fanaticism, so wher is the equalmindedness against the perverse preachers of the west, robertson, falwell, and the rest of bushes brahmanas.

Throw all the stones ya want at leadership of treachery, but you had better be king parikasit, otherwise, you are just a fool.

I dealt with one issue, the madman made a right move and diffused a situation of grave peril.. I think that once (only once), I even praised GW bush, for one thing, for one issue.

Stay on your thread, maybe someone who really cares about bahais will join your campaign. Then you can set things right, set up a bahai nation, and persecute the imams, isnt that how it works, never again (unless we are on top).

Its not that I lack compassion, but to see things as they are means that one sees the whole picture, and casts equal blame for the calamity called kali yuga.

mahaksadasa

Guest guest

NEW YORK — Now that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has released 15 British hostages, it’s time to take stock of what it all really means.

Is this Mahmoud guy auditioning for Rosie O’Donnell’s spot on The View? He has the Bush-bashing down, and is obviously good for TV ratings. As an added bonus, he could hang with Barbara Walters, like fellow world class nutcases, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Cuban leader Fidel Castro, have been fond of doing.

Like Rosie, Mahmoud seems to have contempt for facts. According to the BBC, Iran said the hostages were found in Iranian waters, but when the UK pointed out that Iran’s coordinates represent a location in Iraqi territory, Iran “corrected” the location to a place on Iranian turf. Mahmoud obviously has the same loose screw as people who still think Al Gore won the presidential election in 2000.

Mahmoud says that releasing the hostages was a “gift to Britain.” Sort of like if someone steals my car, then returns it a couple of weeks later, along with a Hallmark card.

My colleagues who cover the Mideast say Mahmoud is wildly unpopular in his country. So who’s going to do something about it? Apparently, no one over there. Ronald Reagan already tried helping Iranian moderates after another set of hostage crises 30 years ago.

I understand Mahmoud really wants to get into a punch-up with the West. I’m all for giving him what he wants. Just a few bombs every day, until he realizes that if he doesn’t smarten up, he’ll end up as “president” of a NATO parking lot, just east of Iraq.

Knocking out a few Iranian military installations every day would have proven that the West doesn’t go to war in the Mideast to get cheap oil. Prices at the pump would have gone up, proving that sometimes war really is just about dealing with a jerk like Mahmoud who’s cruisin’ for a bruisin’.

If there’s any war the left should have been able to get behind, it would have been this one. The jacked up oil prices would have forced people to consider alternative transportation — a leftist’s wet dream.

And they would have been able to root for the “little guy” and be on the right side for once, since Iran is larger than the UK both in terms of population and geography.

The one thing on which both the U.S. and Iran can agree is the uselessness of the United Nations.

Even as the most recent UN member to be stiffed by Mahmoud (on the bill for Russia’s work on his nuclear reactor), Russia wouldn’t allow the UN to use any strongly-worded language against Iran.

Apparently, to demand the “immediate” release of hostages would have been too inflammatory. As usual, UN strategy can be summed up as sitting around waiting for Mahmoud to take his meds.

As for British Prime Minister Tony Blair, it’s time for Margaret Thatcher to take him on a shopping trip to Gonads R Us. When a dictator seizes members of your military and parades them around in track suits (which, judging by the latest Fidel Castro video, is the new anti-American uniform of choice), giving them various tasks to do on camera, as if he’s directing them in a new reality series, here’s what you don’t do.

You don’t wait for George W. Bush to ride shotgun before you do something.

If you do nothing, you’re only encouraging Mahmoud and his Iranian friends to make a sequel.

Stay on your thread, maybe someone who really cares about bahais will join your campaign. Then you can set things right, set up a bahai nation, and persecute the imams, isnt that how it works, never again (unless we are on top).

Its not that I lack compassion, but to see things as they are means that one sees the whole picture, and casts equal blame for the calamity called kali yuga.

And may I know on what authority are you telling me to stick to my thread and not comment on other threads?

I am not a Bahai, but as a human being, I condemn the Islamic and Iranian persecution of Bahais, in the form of killing, abduction of Bahai women, physical torture, mutilation, destruction of Bahai property, denial of human rights and humiliation.

And may I know on what authority are you telling me to stick to my thread and not comment on other threads?

I am not a Bahai, but as a human being, I condemn the Islamic and Iranian persecution of Bahais, in the form of killing, abduction of Bahai women, physical torture, mutilation, destruction of Bahai property, denial of human rights and humiliation.

...and you should be commended for your efforts to help these people!

:namaskar:

as are all the bleeding hearts and artists. I was speaking from a different angle, such as "the wise lament neither the living nor the dead". But it is natural for a real human being to feel empathy for the oppressed, those suffering under the gun of law.

However, if I let my empathy loose, all I would do would be to cry uncontrollably. Wisdom makes one reel this in a bit, not hard heartedly but in a pragmatic sense. Do what you can if anything can be done. Some would cheer the leveling of Iran, but how would the Bahais fare in such a bogus solution? Smuggle some bahais out and give them shelter in your american home, but then they would come under the gun of our homeland security and probable be under the gun of our rednecks, like those poor sikhs who died shortly after 911 in Arizona, butchered by klan-like amerikkkans.

My seemingly hard hearted post is out of frustration. I wish my country could hold the higher position, but it cannot. I wish my church was better, but it is not. So, one cannot with good conscience point a finger at thoswe who oppress others unless there has never been support, either overt or covert, for oppressive controllers.

Sorry, please accept my sincere apology for my esoteric version. hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

...and you should be commended for your efforts to help these people!

"Vasudhaiva kudumbhakam." - The whole world is one family. ( vedic quote)

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. -- Thomas Paine.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. ---Martin Luther King