IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
bhaktatraveler

Gaurapurnima, the right day.

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna, Prabhu

All glories to Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Who's appearance day is tomorrow March 3, 2007. The same day all over the world. No fancy astrology, as the full moon rises, we know that is Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

Why it was different on Lord Nityananda's appearance? Here in the Alachua temple they celebrated one day before India! I asked why? The answer was that we would all be celebrating 'simultaneously' throughout the world. Then I asked why it was changed from when Srila Prabhupada was here? We always did the important days of Vaisnava celebration as they happened in India first.

As I thought about what was said, I understood that as the devotees were clelebrating Lord Nityananda's appearance in Alachua, in India it was only the night before the Lord's appearance. The devotees in India were still at rest until later in the afternoon in America. So now first in America, then in India???

Someone can please explain how 'simultaneously' works out to be 12 hrs BEFORE India? While they sleep the night before?

How has this happened? If Lord Nityananda is not satisfied with you by devotion, how will you aproach Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu?

Hare Krsna, Caturbahu das Bhakti-raja

SCSMath (Govinda Maharaja’s Sanga, Celebrated same day everywhere)

JANUARY 2007

MADHAVA

31. (Wed) Gaura-trayodasi. Appearance of Sri Nityananda Prabhu. Fast until

noon

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Pure Bhakti.com (Narayana Maharaja’s Sanga, different days by geography)

February 2007

1 Feb 2007

Thursday

Purnima

Sri Krsna Madhura utsava

Athens, Moscow, Odessa

Purnima

Sri Krsna Madhura utsava

Srila Narottama Dasa Thakura -- Appearance

Abeokuta, Abidjan, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belgrade, Berlin, Birmingham, Brasilia, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Caracas, Chicago, Denver, Druskininkai, Dublin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Helsinki, Hilo, Houston, La Paz, Lima, Lisbon, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Montreal, München, Panama, Paramaribo, Paris, Phoenix, Puerto Rico, Rome, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Salvador, Santiago, Seattle, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Tallinn, Toronto, Vancouver, Vienna, Vilnius, Warsaw, Washington, Zlin

2 Feb 2007

Friday

Pratipat

Govinda Masa starts

Abeokuta, Abidjan, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belgrade, Berlin, Birmingham, Brasilia, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Caracas, Chicago, Denver, Druskininkai, Dublin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Helsinki, Hilo, Houston, La Paz, Lima, Lisbon, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Montreal, München, Panama, Paramaribo, Paris, Phoenix, Puerto Rico, Rome, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Salvador, Santiago, Seattle, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Stuttgart, Tallinn, Toronto, Vancouver, Vienna, Vilnius, Warsaw, Washington, Zlin

Purnima

Sri Krsna Madhura utsava

Alma-Ata, Bangalore, Brisbane, Cape Town, Christchurch, Ekaterinburg, Hong Kong, Kampala, Kuala Lumpur, Lusaka, Manila, Mathura, Melbourne, Mumbai, Murwillumbah, Nairobi, Navadwip, Novosibirsk, Perth, Port Morseby, Suva, Tashkent, Tokyo, Ufa, Vladivostok

Purnima

Athens, Moscow, Odessa

vcal.iskcongbc.org (for ISKCON Alachua, but different days by geography)

30 Jan 2007 Tu Trayodasi G Viskumba Ardra *

Nityananda Trayodasi: Appearance of Sri Nityananda Prabhu

(fast till noon)

I'm guessing the mercy of Nityananda Prabhu, being so wide, would accomodate geographic necessities to allow the devotees to glorify Him. I don't see the controversy here.

Endless change is the controvercy. If it is all good, then why would Govinda Maharaja change that all His temples will now follow holy days as they fall in India first, except ekadasi?

CB-r

Am I right about the same day for SCSMath? Or is your web page wrong?

CB-r

No, I'm saying I'll take whatever the instruction of my Guru is, no problem. You have a different situation where you are not comfortable with the leadership of your organization. That's your controversy and I realized it really was none of my business.

No, I'm saying I'll take whatever the instruction of my Guru is, no problem. You have a different situation where you are not comfortable with the leadership of your organization. That's your controversy and I realized it really was none of my business.

My dear Prabhu, the controvercy is changing the Guru's standards/words whimsically. With no previous directive to do so. This is a big all encompassing eventuality to bad hearing and speaking. For any Math.

CB-r

My dear Prabhu, the controvercy is changing the Guru's standards/words whimsically. With no previous directive to do so. This is a big all encompassing eventuality to bad hearing and speaking. For any Math.

CB-r

It seems you guys have a problem because who is authorized to make any adjustments within ISKCON? When adjustments should be made, who can put a stamp of approval?

It seems you guys have a problem because who is authorized to make any adjustments within ISKCON? When adjustments should be made, who can put a stamp of approval?

I hesitate, but the set up now is for the GBC to make informed choices. But it also says in Srila Prabhupada's will that if they(GBC) fail to act for 'any reason' then they can be removed. Very simple on paper, the execution was convoluted then and remains so up to now. Bad performance and remaining in office.

You do have a better situation for now. I have hope for you/yours after Srila Govinda Maharaja leaves His body. Will He name someone? and is this new person also a ritvic representative of Srila B. R. Sridara Maharaja?

CB-r

Moonrise 5:31 p.m. on preceding day

Moon transit 12:12 a.m.

Moonset 6:44 a.m.

Moonrise 6:27 p.m.

Moonset 7:11 a.m. on following day

</pre> Full Moon on 3 March 2007 at 6:17 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

So we are to fast til 6.27 pm.

As far as Lunar eclipse, this is a link to a webpage explaining the Vaisnava perspective on Eclipses.

http://www.salagram.net/eclipses-page.htm

Hare Krsna