IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhakta Don Muntean

If God can do anything...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

...if God can do anything - if nothing is beyond Him - can He be wrong?

One christian theologian once posed the question, if God is all powerful can he create a rock that is too heavy for him to lift?

These sorts of mind games are all useless.

Guest guest

ask your Guru.

Yes, when you find questions that seem unanswerable, go and speak with your Guru. Ask your Guru for the answer.

One christian theologian once posed the question, if God is all powerful can he create a rock that is too heavy for him to lift?

It's kinda like the age-old outsider question of "why is Krishna blue?"

Instead of asking why he is God, they want to know why he is blue.

By the way, does anybody know why Krishna is blue?

I don't have a clue....:popcorn:

Guest guest

I once asked this in a Bhagavatam class. The answer is Yes, God can create a rock that is too heavy for Him to lift, but then He'd lift it. How? Krishna is ever increasing - He'd become strong enough to lift the rock immediately after making it :)

He's only blue to some, to others He's golden.

i reckon He's blue because we're all so far away from Him:crying2: :pray:

Because the world is Bloooo it makes me tooo!

Maybe Krishna is blue because he wants to be?

Maybe blue is the most beautiful color?

Actually though, he is most often compared to the color of a dark rain cloud, which is a very dark blue yet not black.

Krishna is blue because he just wants too!

Dark blue is the color of concentrated eternity, bliss and knowledge.

But that blue has a halo much the edge of the rain cloud where the Sun is about appear.

I have seen that phenomena many times here in Florida and I always take notice and think about how it is the color of Krishna.

He's only blue to some, to others He's golden.

i reckon He's blue because we're all so far away from Him:crying2: :pray:

Because the world is Bloooo it makes me tooo!

He may be blue but it's more of a blackish blue. Syam also means black, so He's mostly black. Of course not black like a human from Africa but like a dark rain cloud. I reckon I reckon.

I have seen that phenomena many times here in Florida and I always take notice and think about how it is the color of Krishna.

Ok now y got the colour down all yu need is the form.;)

But do you think He goes purple when he's embarrassed?:confused::(

I've looked at clouds from both sides now

From up an down and still some how

It's clouds illusions I recall I really don't know clouds at all:rofl:

Guest guest

You had put your post inside my quote. So, at first I did not notice it because I thought that you had only quoted me. But, on reading again, I noticed.

Before I answer your question, please clarify what you mean by 'commiting a mistake'. As I understand, it means doing something, which should not have been done. However, if you used it in some other sense, then let me know.

Hi Avinash

Sorry about the post--in general yes i do agree with your definition of a mistake as "something which should not have been done"...like the example of Krishna lifting a wheel, when he gave his word that he would not lift a weapon.

Bhisma sort of proved to him that in one sense he did do something that was himself said he would not do...for the sake of his devotees he would do anything even go against the injuctions of the vedas !...

in the gita Krishna is speaking so much yet he says to arjun declare it boldly that my bhaktas are never destroyed !! why does he not say it --- i think the saintly people explain it as because he is bhakta vatsala --- he will do anything for his bhaktas...as i said he will even go against vedic insruction-- he is not bound by his laws by which he maintains creation

...so if you say he he cannot commit a mistake than you are kind of limmiting him...he is absolute his so called mistakes or wrong doings are not to be immitated by penny mortals...i hope you understand when i say that he can make mistakes by that i do not in any way try to diminish his glory or try to judge him by our imperfect standards... but to give him praise which will never be sufficient

...so if you say he he cannot commit a mistake than you are kind of limmiting him...he is absolute his so called mistakes or wrong doings are not to be immitated by penny mortals...i hope you understand when i say that he can make mistakes by that i do not in any way try to diminish his glory or try to judge him by our imperfect standards... but to give him praise which will never be sufficient

No, I am not limiting Him at all. It seems both of us are essentially saying the same thing but using different words. I wrote in an earlier post that there is no act that Krsna cannot do. But I also added that God cannot be wrong. When I say God cannot be wrong, I am not saying that there is some act, which He cannot do. No, this is not at all my point. When we can do something, how is it that God cannot do. Of course, He can do. But when He does it, we should not call it as wrong. So, this is my point:-

There is no act that God cannot do. But, no matter whatever He does, we have to consider it good. We should not say it is wrong even if it seems to be wrong.

...like the example of Krishna lifting a wheel, when he gave his word that he would not lift a weapon.

Bhisma sort of proved to him that in one sense he did do something that was himself said he would not do...for the sake of his devotees he would do anything even go against the injuctions of the vedas !...

Good example. In general, not keeping one's promise is considered wrong. Krsna did not keep His promise. He had said before Mahabharata war that He would not life a weapon in the war, but He did lift a weapon. So, He did something, which is, in general, considered wrong. When I say Krsna can never be wrong, I am not trying to say that the story written in Mahabharata that He lifted a weapon is wrong. Rather I am saying that the story is true. But we should not say that Krsna did anything wrong by lifting a weapon. After all, He did it for a good reason. The reason was to make His devotee Bhisma happy.

In this story, we know why Krsna went against His own words. There may be many instances when we do not know why God did something. We know He did but we do not know why. Whatever He did seems wrong to us. In such a case we should say,

"God did this. It seems wrong. But we do not know why exactly He did. Since He did it, it must be for a good cause. Therefore, whatever He did is right even though we do not know why He did it."

This is what I mean when I say God can never be wrong. I think "can never be" is not good choice of words. I should have said "is never". As you can see, I am not limiting God at all.

...if God can do anything - if nothing is beyond Him - can He be wrong?

I would say he is unaffected by what you think about him... Good or bad... he is transcedental... I always wondered how is it possible to measure him with this tiny mind any respect:idea: .. He cant be understood by any thought or speculation. Its he who gives that understanding by which we can understand him....

Right and wrong, good and bad are states of mind... we should think above them...

hari hari bol

Guest guest

so if you say he he cannot commit a mistake than you are kind of limmiting him****

Not at all. He doesn't make mistakes, because He is Achyuta, Flawless.

I would say he is unaffected by what you think about him... Good or bad... he is transcedental... I always wondered how is it possible to measure him with this tiny mind any respect<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 24pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.audarya-fellowship.com/forums/images/smilies/thinkerg.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\TODDBI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>..

This is the old school in the sense that without the ability to describe there could be no way to descriptively shed any empirical statement, with evidence. True, honest and humble!

And still, empirical data can only be acknowledged within the constraints of describing what we as a species have collectively assembled as of today.

Where it is tough is to instigate ‘cross training’ offering the setting to possibly understand but still without the sciences never would the majority find peace within any less description.

So when the Upanishads etc… offered ‘useless’ puzzles (I do not say these are useless, I am quoting another) which instigate humility as a tool. These are from wisdom, as it is only when the self is quieted do the seekers find true compassion or selfless understanding; observance.

But these are just interactions and realizing ‘we don’t know.’

He cant be understood by any thought or speculation. Its he who gives that understanding by which we can understand him....
Understand? But Yes! We can know ‘Him’ and all do just to ignant or selfish to settle in.

If there were no speculation or thoughts there would be no religion or followers let alone why we assemble for any of it. Because ‘yes’ it is our consciousness that instigates these which in itself is a direct window to know but without words defined empirically to describe. Every sect on the globe has this problem and why not one stands out as the single correct ONE.

Right and wrong, good and bad are states of mind... we should think above them...
Have you ever imagined a sought outcome? What is correct? Wishing for a specific result or experiencing each?

We are neither below nor above but both within choice. If there was perfection I would be walking on water and command the horse to stand so the journey can be made but neither is possible just as not one man who walked pure had in his pocket an owner’s manual written for all to comprehend. So never has any known absolute good or bad, in physical concept.

Each of our species within has both extremes and why we are such and with this we have more control over our future ‘existence’ then most comprehend.

Where this is going is we are a part of this existence (God) and it is only when we observe the contribution from each of the total can we even begin to describe what everyone of us internally knows and wants to understand. All the confusion is because of man and his selfish ignorance, not God and why questions of ‘Good or Bad’ even exists.

Why don’t we ask the question of each person here; what is good versus bad?

Not to be described in a scenario but philosophically.

Let’s see who is really catching on…..

I'm surprised no-one has yet posted this answer:

Theoretically God can make mistakes, because He is able to do anything.

Whether He does or not is a different matter.

Just like the gopis, theoretically, could fall down from their service to Krsna, into the material world. They just choose not to.

It's almost like being challenged by school buddies to do something, which you know is wrong: Of COURSE you are capable of doing the wrong thing, but if you don't do it, that doesn't mean you can't do it.

ALSO:

We are simultaneously ONE with God, yet different from Him.

So I suppose God is making His mistakes through us.

And yet He simultaneously provides the structure for our spiritual evolution, so that in the end, there's no harm done.

i.e. the spirit soul can't be cut, burned, dried, can't perish, etc.

I'm surprised no-one has yet posted this answer:

Just like the gopis, theoretically, could fall down from their service to Krsna, into the material world. They just choose not to.

It's almost like being challenged by school buddies to do something, which you know is wrong: Of COURSE you are capable of doing the wrong thing, but if you don't do it, that doesn't mean you can't do it.

ALSO:

We are simultaneously ONE with God, yet different from Him.

So I suppose God is making His mistakes through us.

And yet He simultaneously provides the structure for our spiritual evolution, so that in the end, there's no harm done.

i.e. the spirit soul can't be cut, burned, dried, can't perish, etc.

Quote:

Reply:

There is the answer! :)

By definition what He does is right; even when He's wrong - that's right, just the way it's supposed to be.

This is a good answer too! :)

Taken with bhaktidd's answer:

....theoretically God can make mistakes, because He is able to do anything. Whether He does or not is a different matter....By definition what He does is right; even when He's wrong - that's right, just the way it's supposed to be....

There is a nice uncomplicated answer!

By definition what He does is right; even when He's wrong - that's right, just the way it's supposed to be

This is a good answer too!

Okeedokeee!

Taken with bhaktidd's answer:

....theoretically God can make mistakes, because He is able to do anything. Whether He does or not is a different matter....By definition what He does is right; even when He's wrong - that's right, just the way it's supposed to be....

Have you ever thought maybe you’re not capable of comprehension? For example cutting down a tree is the end of the world for a squirrel home but shelter for another. Does the squirrel know that?

There is a nice uncomplicated answer!

Many seek the ruler's favour; but a man's judgment cometh from the LORD. Proverbs 29.26

Proverbs 29:26 (Young's Literal Translation)

26Many are seeking the face of a ruler, And from Jehovah [is] the judgment of each

Proverbs 29:26 (New International Version)

26 Many seek an audience with a ruler,

but it is from the LORD that man gets justice

Proverbs 29:26 (Darby Translation)

26Many seek the ruler's face; but a man's right judgment is from Jehovah

Proverbs 29:26 (The Message)

26 Everyone tries to get help from the leader,

but only GOD will give us justice.

Bottom line ….. your using a scripture, asking for acceptance but we of the ‘total’ will judge applicability as each are now!

In the days of ‘reckoning’ please … you could only hope God (some dude flying through the clouds) is the judge… because when the people (of the total) find out just how badly they have been oppressed, the people are going to be swift in expedient ‘judgment.’

Remember the first become last etc etc …. The people are who tear down the temples for being mislead for so long …. Today is 12/9/06 copy this and mark my words ………

Do not fear the big guy so much as the ‘heat’ when the masses are told the truth…. It is basically why I am hated so bad by the west …. The truth hurts!

The east at least grows but until there is belief in what is being said, I will just have fun, learn and let the few true seekers taste a bit.

The real ones smell it from the screen …… and if, like me, just can’t wait to see responsibility set in from each alive. If you are reading my friends then you will find just as it is hear it can be found from all theology.

I will never mislead … too responsible in caring!

I am happy with being alive, know it, care about it, and like promised will share what the total has left for us to learn from.

Kali Sutra / is on the death bed …..

Guest guest

I enjoyed just being a guest ...... can I assume you know who I am just by my words? That must be the biggest compliment any could ever ask for!

Bishadi is the enounciation of my last name but stories call me another. Note I have no intention of ever being of ill regard but as time nears others will seek to harm or stop me.

Where is my horse?

(this means there is someone I believe from the east who will encircle me to finish the work hence why "horsepower" is needed)

In order to honor each line of belief, it is necessary to assemble persons to properly publish "Understanding." All must be represented.

No religion, no secularism of any kind, just the chapter to finally bring the sciences and theologies (all of them) together under one understanding, vindicating our forefather as well as settling the disbutes left, installing the basis that will lead to each being a knowing part of this existance.

As was once written 'Heaven on earth.'

Don't be nervous just responsible! Be happy our kids will not have to go through what we did.

Do not fear the big guy so much as the ‘heat’ when the masses are told the truth…. It is basically why I am hated so bad by the west …. The truth hurts!

The east at least grows but until there is belief in what is being said, I will just have fun, learn and let the few true seekers taste a bit.

So who or 'what' are you? :crazy::crazy2::ponder::rolleyes2:

p.s. the proverbs quote is from a Hebrew bible - a more trustworthy translation...

Bishadi is the enounciation of my last name but stories call me another. Note I have no intention of ever being of ill regard but as time nears others will seek to harm or stop me.

Bishadi:

"bid Shia" - or - "I bad his" - which is it? :eek4:

You write yer postings - like yer trying to present as some kind of [so-called] messiah or 'other' type of godsend like the [so-called] al-madhi? Or rather - are these comments of yers for entertainment and thus 'joke' purposes?

Just did a google on Bishadi - seems you've been locked out of a few boards - oh well it happens to the best of us ;)...i'm sure that won't happen here!

Guest guest

Some may never know ....

As for 'what' I am .... ? just like you but without any intent except to keep a promise.

Yea ... my arrogance abounds especially with certain theological sects .... but most of that was well before I really began to understand a few things.

My goal to finish a promise; "describe life" and has nothing to do with items I have learned over the last few years within the theoligical sects and now I know I need to just be myself and do as what needs to be done. As a science nut my feet are too grounded but it is neat to read stories.

But basically I live versus trying to control anything. Without any needs or selfish intent I find peace and just walk as if I am a part.

Nothing special other than I have learned and intend to share, as all the rest of the junk will just have to fall into place and like always certain renditions and items posted in theology not only have merit but many prophecied items come true. (and the events of 'seeing" is not a phenomena any further but do in fact occur but most do not know how or why)

Personally I am retired and probably richer in happiness than Bill Gates and Warren Buffett combined.

My problem is I care and will under all circumstances finish the goal so that the little people and the next generations to come will not be having these problems of secularism, knowledge, understanding of how we are alive and what the heck our existance is for.

The the basic stuff any person would do if they had the chance. I don't know why but I did make a promise and since I have nothing better to do but share what is to be learned with others, you find me bugging you.

No worries .... some may not like what I say, some may be offended by how I approach certain renditions ... ooops ...... but honesty will be first, and I am such an arrogant prick, that if there was another story to be read that would contradict the framework, I would be happy to read it yet that is not the issue.

The fact is the story and how it is represented in the One single set of understanding that will unite this globe.

So you answer the question and you can probably go into any theological rendition on the globe and they all point to some idiot who just happens to be me.

Someone who will share a story that is finally correct.