IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Are you not sick and tired of being sick and tired???

Rate this topic

Haven't you chewed the chewed long enough to say that you're not getting any taste in this material world?:confused:

Why even try to make a show of material happiness?:eek4:

There isn't any no where. Bas.:smash:

What u said was 100% true but what is ythe alternative? You need money to be spiritual? Is suicide a good way out? I mean like fasting onto death.

I am leading a life which is filled wit sheer misery. I am also thinking of giving up my body...

What u said was 100% true but what is ythe alternative? You need money to be spiritual? Is suicide a good way out? I mean like fasting onto death.

I am leading a life which is filled wit sheer misery. I am also thinking of giving up my body...

If you chant Hare Krishna Maha-mantra at least 16 rounds a day and follow religious life, then you will be happy and blissful even if you live in a cow manure hut on the side of the road.

If you can't get cow manure, then maybe you can find a big cardboard box to live in and just depend on Krishna?

Guest guest

Is suicide a good way out? I mean like fasting onto death.

Human life is precious, for it is the only form from which a soul can attain kalyan. Shame on you for thinking of suicide. Shri Krsna will not give you a human life in your next your life as you are not worthy of it. Even the devtas such as Brahma yearn for a human life so that they can attain kalyan. Thinking of suicide is not a way out, but the path to your destruction and place in yampuri. Please do not think along these lines again. If only you knew the preciousness of a human life ......

Guest guest

If you chant Hare Krishna Maha-mantra at least 16 rounds a day and follow religious life, then you will be happy and blissful even if you live in a cow manure hut on the side of the road.

If you can't get cow manure, then maybe you can find a big cardboard box to live in and just depend on Krishna?

The actual fallacy is that many devotees think - especially when they live outside of an institution, that their material situation is unfavourable to have a presentable spiritual life style. This is a very fatal error in reasoning. The opposite is true, if they would not be in that situation where they are presently materially "stuck", they would have never become devotees.

Therefore such kind of material situation is from spiritual point of view like winning the lottery jackpot.

Any devotee who feels frustrated about his material situation will surely be born in a family of rich people and then what? Then things will be worse a hundred times to become detached and the very same devotee will lament even more. Of course to worship Deities requires some opulence but basically a Vaishnava's main business to read, write, chant and associate with devotees doesnt depend upon the material situation of a devotee whatsoever.

Why 16 times?

Tackleberry, just chant the name of the Lord with LOVE AND DEVOTION. Devote all of your actions to Him - engage yourself in service! That way your mind remains on the Lord and not on your problems. Not only that, I'm sure it will Him soooo happy :)

Better still, let's all pray that you can get out of that hole and be happy again! I'll certainly be chanting for you as I am sure most of the visitors here will! KEEP SMILING! :)

Better off chanting 16 rounds etc and see if that changes situation. I don't:smash: think you'll become a millianaire or aquire a big house. Or have a nice perfect family situation. I thought it would for me, but everybody, EVERYBODY has problems. That's what life's about. I think if everything was perfect (what's that(?), that you never ague with your parents or sisters. I don't think i ever heard such nonsence as somebody who never argues with somebody. I only chant 4 rounds a day, and follow some principles. I find my anger rises a lot (because I have to do it), I am forcing myself. Sometimes I take my anger out on my parents. ANd sometimes I think I'll forget about chanting. But I started for a good reason so I wonder sometimes why I think I should stop? Must me the Guru in my mind (that ****in bastard) lol. I will be happy if i do 4 everyday, maybe in future I will do 16, good luck don't die just yet.

Guest guest

Suicide isn't as bad as all that. Jains fast unto death, it's their standard practice. Fasting unto death is not like other forms of suicide, which are usually violent and sudden. In this case, it's smooth and easy, and no karma is accumulated. But one must know the right method; for dying is as much an art as living!

Suicide isn't as bad as all that. Jains fast unto death, it's their standard practice. Fasting unto death is not like other forms of suicide, which are usually violent and sudden. In this case, it's smooth and easy, and no karma is accumulated. But one must know the right method; for dying is as much an art as living!

Traditionally, Vaishnavas either throw themselves under the wheels of the Jagannatha Ratha or jump off of Govardhana Hill.

There was one devotee I knew who jumped under a train at Mathura.

But, the Vedic injunction is that one should try to live as long as possible and let death take it's own course.

Srila Sridhar Maharaja: So Vasudeva Ghosh says, Yadi gaura na ha’te tab ki haita demane dharitam de. If Mahaprabhu had not appeared in this Kali-yuga, then how could we tolerate living? How could we sustain our lives? What He has given - the very gist of life, the very taste, the charm of life - without that, we think it is impossible for anyone to live in this world.

<nobr>Such a thing has been invented, discovered by Gauranga. If He had</nobr>

If He had not come, then how could we live? It is impossible to live devoid of such a holy and gracious thing as divine love. Without Caitanya Mahaprabhu, how could we know that Radharani stands supreme in the world of divine love? We have received all these things from Him, and now we think that life is worth living. Otherwise to live would be suicidal.

Guest guest

Your life belongs to Krsna. So it isn't yours to throw away.

Depression comes and goes, we all experience it at some time but you have to understand that you the person are still the same in or out of your body. So don't think that by ceasing your miserable existence in this material body you will somehow be free. No..... life goes on as you left off only you may just take a subtle ghosts body that is even more depressed and frustrated envying those in the human form.

The material world can get on top of you but try to make the best of a bad bargain, find some devotional company and do some devotional service to improve yourself to a higher, happier consciousness.

No no I said 4, :eek:

Srila Prabhupada as we all know said at least 16 rounds. This means that we should chant more rounds if we can. Of course in ISKCON under Prabhupada's living guidance the stress was on service centered around preaching as it was in Gaudiya Math.

Srila Prabhupada as we all know said at least 16 rounds. This means that we should chant more rounds if we can. Of course in ISKCON under Prabhupada's living guidance the stress was on service centered around preaching as it was in Gaudiya Math.

16 is still too much for me, maybe in future I will. I want to do 4 rather then be forced to do 16. When I feel I WANT to do 16 then I will do it.:crying2:

16 is still too much for me, maybe in future I will. I want to do 4 rather then be forced to do 16. When I feel I WANT to do 16 then I will do it.:crying2:

Well spoken, but I don't want to chant any rounds, at least not attentively. So what to do?

Guest guest

"Chant, Chant, Chant; can't, can't, can't". Srila Prabhupada.

chat room, chat room, chat room, can, can, can!

You chant 16 times or not , atleast, be in the thought of Krishna slowly and slowly He himself will reveal to you His origional Nature.

Guest guest

Pankaja ... a few months back, you said that you were initiated. What vow did you make to your spiritual master ... 4 rounds or 16 rounds? Just curious because normally the vow is for 16 rounds.

Pankaja ... a few months back, you said that you were initiated. What vow did you make to your spiritual master ... 4 rounds or 16 rounds? Just curious because normally the vow is for 16 rounds.

16 but i stopped and only thing I can do is 4! I hope to do 16 later on in the year. Better to chant then to not chant a senior Vaishnava said to me which I keep the advice with me.

Well spoken, but I don't want to chant any rounds, at least not attentively. So what to do?

I don't either. Pains me a lot to admit it. But I do anyway, today I thought Oh forget chanting I WILL DO IT TOMMOROW. I thought to myself, you ****er not again. I always say tommorow. But I did them, sometimes I can't believe I actually chanted. Feels good to get it done, I struggle everyday with my ownself. I always say tommorow I wil do this and that but never do. After long time I admitted defeat and said would do 4 in front of Tulasi devi ji. It does feel good though. We all in it together, not a compitition to see whos chanting the best. Godbrothers. Just thinking about 16 scares the hell out of me lol. 4's cool for me. I think Babhu prabhu told me this a year ago, but I didn't take his advice now I wish I had.

Guest guest

INITIATION INTO THE SPRIRITUAL LIFE-Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami

"THE ceremony of diksha or initiation is that by which the spiritual Preceptor admits one to the status of a neophyte on the path of spiritual endeavour.

Its actual effect depends on the degree of willing co-operation on the part of the disciple and is, therefore, not the same in all cases."

Guest guest

Pankaja ... did you talk to your spiritual master about this? What was his advice?

It's better to speak to him about it or some of your godbrothers.

16 but i stopped and only thing I can do is 4! I hope to do 16 later on in the year. Better to chant then to not chant a senior Vaishnava said to me which I keep the advice with me.

Pankaja ... did you talk to your spiritual master about this? What was his advice?

It's better to speak to him about it or some of your godbrothers.

I don't consider my Godbrothers and Prabhupada disicples different Babhru Prabhu

gave me this advice before!