IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why don't the demigods visit earth anymore?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Why is it that in the various scriptures there are descriptions of different demigods coming to the earth, but we don't see them today?

Simply because man in this age has become weak spiritually and has lost his strength to see them.

Demi-Gods do not have a gross physical body. Your vision is mostly limited to seeing physical objects and sometimes you may have visions in dreams etc.

But you can develop and activate your inner vision by specific sadhnas and practices to see them too.

Why is it that in the various scriptures there are descriptions of different demigods coming to the earth, but we don't see them today?

Guest guest

Simply because man in this age has become weak spiritually and has lost his strength to see them.

Demi-Gods do not have a gross physical body. Your vision is mostly limited to seeing physical objects and sometimes you may have visions in dreams etc.

But you can develop and activate your inner vision by specific sadhnas and practices to see them too.

Have you developed the Sadanas and Inner vision to see them?If so tell us how to do it

who says they don't visit? Perhaps we just cant see them... i remember reading about one Janmasthami at Bhativedanta Manor where Prabhupada mentioned that he could see all the dg's around!

Guest guest

who says they don't visit? Perhaps we just cant see them... i remember reading about one Janmasthami at Bhativedanta Manor where Prabhupada mentioned that he could see all the dg's around!

You are correct. I have heard of stories of them being seen during Temple Pujas. They will show themselves to their devotees from time to time. And Self Realized Masters who have second sight to see these subtle beings may see them more regularly.

Guest guest

has anyone heard about The Hindu Milk Miracle of September 21st, 1995?

milkmiracle.com

It all began on September 21st when an otherwise ordinary man in New Delhi dreamt that Lord Ganesha, the elephant-headed God of Wisdom, craved a little milk. Upon awakening, he rushed in the dark before dawn to the nearest temple, where a skeptical priest allowed him to proffer a spoonful of milk to the small stone image. Both watched in astonishment as it disappeared, magically consumed by the God.

What followed is unprecedented in modern Hindu history. Within hours news had spread like a brush fire across India that Ganesha was accepting milk offerings. Tens of millions of people of all ages flocked to the nation's temples. The unworldly happening brought worldly New Delhi to a standstill, and its vast stocks of milk - more than a million liters - sold out within hours. Just as suddenly as it started in India, it stopped in just 24 hours.

Guest guest

Maybe Prabupada was lieing,how do you know for sure if it doesnt happen to you?Anyone can claim anything but unless and until its proved it cant be taken as the truth.

Lot of fake swamis take out Linga from their mouth after great struggle,not like out of thin air but despite that their devotees believe it is so true and a real miracle.

Guest guest

Maybe Prabupada was lieing,how do you know for sure if it doesnt happen to you?Anyone can claim anything but unless and until its proved it cant be taken as the truth.

Lot of fake swamis take out Linga from their mouth after great struggle,not like out of thin air but despite that their devotees believe it is so true and a real miracle.

people experience spiritual visions all over the world and in all spiritual traditions. Christians report visions/apparitions of Mary, or Christ; Buddhists report seeing visions of Lady Kwan Yin, the Bodhisattva of Compassion; and so on. All these people are not lying. There are different Ascended Masters and high cosmic beings, who appear to their devotees from time to time, even in this Kali Yuga. So if you want a vision, pray to an Ascended Master, or a demigod, and keep beseeching them, until you are granted their darshan. May your skepticism be burned with the fire of experience.

Who cares if demigods come to Earth or not?

There are nitya-siddha devotees coming to Earth to participate in the Sankirtan movement of Mahaprabhu, so you can bet that every demigod in the Universe that is worth the salt in his whiz is coming to Earth for some anonymous darshan.:namaskar::namaskar:

Guest guest

Who cares if demigods come to Earth or not?

There are nitya-siddha devotees coming to Earth to participate in the Sankirtan movement of Mahaprabhu, so you can bet that every demigod in the Universe that is worth the salt in his whiz is coming to Earth for some anonymous darshan.:namaskar::namaskar:

Prabhupada is considered a Nitya-siddha, correct? someone who was never bound by Samsara. So he had no previous births before coming as Prabhupada, correct? forgive me if I am incorrect here.

Prabhupada is considered a Nitya-siddha, correct? someone who was never bound by Samsara. So he had no previous births before coming as Prabhupada, correct? forgive me if I am incorrect here.

true, but a nitya-siddha is also any devotee who has attained svarupa-siddhi, as he is then a nitya-siddha as well.

Most devotee in this age become siddha through the blessings of the acharyas and pure devotees.

That is called kripa-siddha or perfection through mercy.

Guest guest

If you need a spiritual guide then follow Madhwacharya who in reality is Lord Vayu reincarnated .He propounded the Dvaitha philosphy which proves beyond doubt the supremacy of Lord Vishnu.

I became a devotee of Sri Raghavendraswamy of Mantrayalam and sicne then my life has improved. Be a sincere devotee, forsake this dirty material world and all of you can see him too

Guest guest

people experience spiritual visions all over the world and in all spiritual traditions. Christians report visions/apparitions of Mary, or Christ; Buddhists report seeing visions of Lady Kwan Yin, the Bodhisattva of Compassion; and so on. All these people are not lying. There are different Ascended Masters and high cosmic beings, who appear to their devotees from time to time, even in this Kali Yuga. So if you want a vision, pray to an Ascended Master, or a demigod, and keep beseeching them, until you are granted their darshan. May your skepticism be burned with the fire of experience.

I am not skeptic,i dont need to blindly follow what u all follow and neither u nor me have seen any DEMI GOD,dreams dont count,because whatever i think in the nite times and lie down i get them in dreams sometime,sometimes i dont get any,believe it or not even i had visions of god but those r dreams,just imaginations,they r not true at all,unless they make a difference in the so called DIRTY material world(if this is dirty y dont u all leave it right now).

If a fan of a actress dreams her so that means she appeared to him then and there,ofcourse not,same way ur dreams of DEMI GODS mean nothing unless and until they appear in reality everytime u seek them and help u,which im sure hasnt happened otherwise u wont be surfing the net every day,u would be in bliss..quit making up stories to make urself feel great..this is similar to the 6000 yr old Aswathama being visible to someone..some even claim theyve taken pictures of Hanumana..wow...there is no limit for the creative mind isnt it?

Guest guest

I am not skeptic,i dont need to blindly follow what u all follow and neither u nor me have seen any DEMI GOD,dreams dont count,because whatever i think in the nite times and lie down i get them in dreams sometime,sometimes i dont get any,believe it or not even i had visions of god but those r dreams,just imaginations,they r not true at all,unless they make a difference in the so called DIRTY material world(if this is dirty y dont u all leave it right now).

If a fan of a actress dreams her so that means she appeared to him then and there,ofcourse not,same way ur dreams of DEMI GODS mean nothing unless and until they appear in reality everytime u seek them and help u,which im sure hasnt happened otherwise u wont be surfing the net every day,u would be in bliss..quit making up stories to make urself feel great..this is similar to the 6000 yr old Aswathama being visible to someone..some even claim theyve taken pictures of Hanumana..wow...there is no limit for the creative mind isnt it?

we are not speaking about dreams on this thread. Spiritual visions and seeing with your psychic eye (clairvoyance), is not about nite-time dreams - it is being able to see into the subtle dimensions in the Waking State.

In Temples where the gods are worshipped, the area is very spiritually charged, and because of the Pujas done in these temples, people are more likely to have visions there, then for example, while out at the mall or a sports game, doing everyday things.

This is the Kali Yuga, so people's higher chakras are not in use as much, and that's why they are only able to perceive the material plane during there day to day lives. In previous Yugas, things like telepathy, astral projection, bilocation, walking between dimensions, etc, was much easier and was in fact commonplace.

Guest guest

Uh, you sound like a skeptic to me.

Dismissing all this as imagination, what could be more cynical or skeptical than that?

You're right you shouldnt take anything for face value without verification - that's what your dicrimination and intelligence is for. But then, why bother with anything if you rubbish it point-blank?

Enquire, learn, experience - you have to make these efforts and perhaps you will experiences too.

Guest guest

sure hasnt happened otherwise u wont be surfing the net every day,u would be in bliss..quit making up stories to make urself feel great..this is similar to the 6000 yr old Aswathama being visible to someone..some even claim theyve taken pictures of Hanumana..wow...there is no limit for the creative mind isnt it?

This proves beyond doubt that you're a non-hindu, probably muslim. If all this is confusing, I suggest you read Sri Madhva's works. It will put some sense into your thick head.

I don't have to develope sadhnas to do that. Sadhnas are there already. The need is to go to a Guru who has accomplished darshan/siddhi of a particular deity by following a certain sadhna/mantra. He can initiate you into that sadhna and look after your progress in it. There are different devta 'pratyakshikaran' sadhnas. That's the tantrik path. And there is the mantrik way to do a sadhna, the difference being only in teh sadhna procedures. Or simply follow the simple bhakti. This can take a longer time comparatively though. Tantrik mantras are stronger and give results in shorter time, but every sadhnas has certain intricate key points to acheiving success that are to be understood by Guru only. The yogic path is to activate your agya and anahat chakras to accomplish the same. Still you need specific sadhna, attachment, love, devotion towards the deity. These are the basics in any sadhnas.

Have you developed the Sadanas and Inner vision to see them? If so tell us how to do it

Guest guest

Not necessarily.

"if" he had previous births, they would be to serve Krsna in this world? was Prahupada ever a fallen jiva?

It seems likely to myself that when one wishes to 'see' a demi god, one isn't pursuant of faith, rather, one seeks a display of raw power. In this case, you are seeking tangible, material power.

Power. Such a curious thing. In this age, ones such as you and I have been provided with vast material power. We have created for ourselves a utopia of machinery. If you want to see power, that is the place to look.

If you want to see cosmic power, that is simply not our realm. An intellect such as ours is simply not structured to comprehend such a thing. That's the work of thousands of years of study.

Guest guest

It seems likely to myself that when one wishes to 'see' a demi god, one isn't pursuant of faith...

the Vedic religion isn't about blind faith like the Abrahamic religions. We can experience the same realities and beings that the ancient sages experienced and know what is real for ourselves. Everything that was written down is for us to experience on our spiritual journey. Certainly one shouldn't believe in the gods, just because we are raised with stories saying they are real. By that logic adult westerners should still believe in Santa Clause or the Tooth Fairy; myths they were told are real when they were children.

...rather, one seeks a display of raw power. In this case, you are seeking tangible, material power

For a devotee, the darshan of a god is a very sacred event. Certainly any devotee of Ganesha or Santoshi Maa, etc, would love to have their darshan. It would be considered a great blessing.

If you want to see cosmic power, that is simply not our realm. An intellect such as ours is simply not structured to comprehend such a thing. That's the work of thousands of years of study.

the gods can appear in a form we are capable of seeing them with. It's more likely we will visit them in the spiritual world, outside of our physical world, however. Such as thru an out of body experience, or in meditation.

Guest guest

Could I please have the reference? I have visited Bhatkivedanta manor, and would really like to know where this info is from...

Sri Sri Radha Gokulananda ki JAYA!! :)