IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Are there any accurate paintings of Krishna?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are there any painting of Krishna that depict a non-blue Krishna? Does it actually say in Bhagavat Gita, that he was blue? Or was he really dark? Is the blue representation of Krishna, just symbolic, or actually blue?

Guest guest

Are there any painting of Krishna that depict a non-blue Krishna? Does it actually say in Bhagavat Gita, that he was blue? Or was he really dark? Is the blue representation of Krishna, just symbolic, or actually blue?

He's described as dark as rainclouds in the purana, so I suppose he was just really dark. Not blue, but blue I think represents divinity, as there are several gods that are often portrayed as blue. I've seen Rama portrayed as blue, Vishnu, Shiva, etc.

Guest guest

I think the picture on the cover of the gita is close....i would say Krishna is a bit darker (blackish) than in the picture, with a bluish hue.

Paramhansa Yogananda a couple of times very clear vision of Lord krishna during deeper meditations.

He later helped a skilled artist to draw his portrait how he saw it.

This portrait I acquired from SRF headquarters in California and looks very real!! I remember the first time I went to see this, I went with an iskcon devotee of 20 years, and as soon as she saw this picture on the wall, she almost well into an ecstatic trance!! And said that THIS IS Krishna!! Later she did everything to acquire it and put on her altar!!

Iskcon portraits / paintings are very beautiful too, but a bit dreamy! :)

But it depends what picture you feel a real contact with, you should keep that one as your favorite!

Krishna was shyam color. Have you seen shyam Tulasi? Not exactly blue!

Guest guest

Paramhansa Yogananda a couple of times very clear vision of Lord krishna during deeper meditations.

He later helped a skilled artist to draw his portrait how he saw it.

This portrait I acquired from SRF headquarters in California and looks very real!! I remember the first time I went to see this, I went with an iskcon devotee of 20 years, and as soon as she saw this picture on the wall, she almost well into an ecstatic trance!! And said that THIS IS Krishna!! Later she did everything to acquire it and put on her altar!!

Iskcon portraits / paintings are very beautiful too, but a bit dreamy! :)

But it depends what picture you feel a real contact with, you should keep that one as your favorite!

Krishna was shyam color. Have you seen shyam Tulasi? Not exactly blue!

Thank you,Yogkriya! Do you have a link to the painting. I would really love to purchase it, if it's available online, thanks!

Guest guest

is this the picture of Krsna that you are speaking about Yogkriya?

srfbooks.com/images/Catalog/Large/2489.jpg

Guest guest

{www}.{vrindavanart}.{com}

It seems that certain features on the people in the paintings are downsized for good reasons. But the paintings on that site are some of the best & accurate on the web.

the best image if Krishna is the image you will envision in your heart when you hear authoritative descriptions of Krishna from his pure devotees.

All these pictures are like cartoons compared to the actual vision of Lord Krishna.

Try to imagine that he appears to have been carved out of a dark-blue sapphire gem and that he has long dark curling hair with eyes more beautiful than lotus flowers.

can somebody else describe some of the beautiful bodily features of Krishna?

My very first poster of Krishna [now 18 years old] shows Him with brown skin - it is a very nice poster - i've never seen another like it - not even on line - one day I'll make a copy and post it here...

The many pics of Krishna that are around are very nice - even if they appear unreal and 'dreamy' - really - what is that supposed to mean anyway...

the best image if Krishna is the image you will envision in your heart when you hear authoritative descriptions of Krishna from his pure devotees.

All these pictures are like cartoons compared to the actual vision of Lord Krishna.

Try to imagine that he appears to have been carved out of a dark-blue sapphire gem and that he has long dark curling hair with eyes more beautiful than lotus flowers.

can somebody else describe some of the beautiful bodily features of Krishna?

"All these pictures are like cartoons compared to the actual vision of Lord Krishna."

:(:rolleyes:

It's said that His color is like a fresh thundercloud with the sun and lightning dazzling behind.

Outside the Brooklin Temple in 1989 a devotee woman approached me and asked me what my favorite picture of Krsna was. She was interested in Krsna's colour too. I did not know at the time that she was the famous Jadurani dasi who is also known now as Srimati Syamarani dasi who under Prabhupada's direction had painted 200 transcendental masterpieces for ISKCON Temples and books. Your favorite picture, she probably painted it. She has a first-class website that is about to be launched here: http://www.bhaktiart.com

I saw the original of the following famous painting hanging in the temple there. I almost fainted as she humbly acknowledged having painted it:

<center>sankirtan.gif</center>

But she hadn't painted my favorite:

<center>syama.jpg</center>

Outside the Brooklin Temple in 1989 a devotee woman approached me and asked me what my favorite picture of Krsna was. She was interested in Krsna's colour too. I did not know at the time that she was the famous Jadurani dasi who is also known now as Srimati Syamarani dasi who under Prabhupada's direction had painted 200 transcendental masterpieces for ISKCON Temples and books.

Outside the L.A. temple in 1975 I was approached by Jadurani also.

She asked me if I could come to her studio and pose for a painting.

I was quite shy, but I was willing to do it.

My senior godbrother advised me against that.

So, I missed the chance to be one of the Yamadutas in the famous picture of Ajamila.:crying2:

Dear Guest,

Yes. this is the picture. But a bigger blow up has a real feeling.

I can have a quick contact with this picture while meditating on it.

There is a certain inner compassion in it.

Different pictures of Lord Krishna relay different moods. Many are reflecting joy, fun, playfulness, transcendence, and many other qualities.

This particular picture, looks real as it is not out of this world beauty, but at the same time you feel while looking in the Lord's eyes in it, as if he is looking at you with a deeper compassion and you have a bond with him. It doesn't reflect a frenzy of joy, but more compassion and a lot of understanding for you. As if Krishna has come down to your level to meet you and wants to help you out of your position, problems etc..

is this the picture of Krsna that you are speaking about Yogkriya?

srfbooks.com/images/Catalog/Large/2489.jpg