IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Will Krishna accept food prepared by karmis?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Must the food we offer to God be prepared by devotees? Can we offer food mentally? Or must it be offered at a shrine?

Guest guest

Must the food we offer to God be prepared by devotees? Can we offer food mentally? Or must it be offered at a shrine?

If im at a fine resturant with a friend or sumthing and the friend isnt a devoutee.. i will ask them to make vegetarian food and i pray and offer it.. to quit social life with old friends from ones childhood is just stupid.. yes one shouldnt hang out with sinners, but if they do they get sadhu snaga.. why whould u need a shrine? if we offer the food with love Krsna accepts it.. and as I see it, if a karmi make the food and i offer it, the karmi perform service in a way to Krsna..

Krishna accepts food made with love and devotion. It's not like he's hungry, he only wants the devotion. So when you offer food that has no devotion, do you really think he'll want it?

I wouldn't be praying he'd take it, I'd be praying he would protect me from the reaction I'd get for eating food full of Karmi consciousness..

to quit social life with old friends from ones childhood is just stupid.. yes one shouldnt hang out with sinners, but if they do they get sadhu snaga..

First you say it's stupid to give up association with Karmi's.

Then you say that one shouldn't hang out with Karmi's.

Then you justify it to make it ok.

However you'll find that the justification isn't in the sastra. Srila Prabhupada recommends giving up the association of Karmi's, and taking the association of the devotees instead. Why not hang out with the devotees instead and talk Krishna Katha?

Srila Rupa Goswami explains in the first text of Nectar of Instruction that one should control the urge to speak. The six vagas outlined here are the prerequities for controlling the mind and senses, so that one can make advancement in Krishna Consciousness.

To be honest, you are correct - these people can make some small amount of advancement from your association. However, their association could cause problems for your Krishna Consciousness. So unless your making devotees, I would give them some Mahaprasadam and move on...

Guest guest
i follow my siksa gurus advice, not urs, no offence.. my friend has advanced from a hardcore meat eater to the point he can accept giving it up and become a vegetarian.. and he have been with me to my Tempel.. and he is the only friend that accept my Krsna Con..

i follow my siksa gurus advice, not urs, no offence.. my friend has advanced from a hardcore meat eater to the point he can accept giving it up and become a vegetarian.. and he have been with me to my Tempel.. and he is the only friend that accept my Krsna Con..

There is a difference between giving association and taking association. If we are giving someone else Krishna consciousness without being affected by their activities and nature then it is beneficial.

Guest guest

I'm just repeating Srila Prabhupada and Srila Rupa Goswami's advice. I apoligise if i've made an offense.

none taken :) just telling what my guru said.. we are all on different levels of Krsna Con.. and my Temple is very far away and im very poor, so i cant go so often.. so u and bhajans and mailing my guru is my sadhu sanga :)

What do you exactly mean by offering food to Krsna? Does it mean keeping food for sometime in front of a picture/statue of Krsna? Does it mean mentally telling Krsna that food is being offered to Him? What exactly does a person do when he offers food to Krsna?

Jay Shree Krishna

I would like to know the answer of that too....i usually just speak to Lord Krishna in my mind and offer food to him....but am not sure if that is the right method...do i have to wait for an hour or so before i can consume the food?? or is it okay for me to eat once i have prayed to God and offered him food?

Guest guest
i offer my food at home to my Krsna murti and my pics of the Lord, Hanuman, Gaura Nitai and Prabhupada and read the offering mantras, and then i whait and go out of the room for about 5 minutes.. my guru have eaten my offering so i think its ok to do as i do.. this is how i do it