IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
varsana

To Eat, or not to eat chocolat

Rate this topic

When I was in vrindavan, I saw so many devotees eating chocolat..

I asked one mataji about this and she told me. After reasearching cholcolat, the concusion was that the factual coaca is bona fide and not intoxicating or addictive. I tought it was quite strange and I do not know where this mataji got this information frome, but suddenley devotees who were not eating chocolat were eating it again.

To be honest, I really quiestion this!!! I haven't eaten chocolat in 15 years.

And I do not miss it one bit.. There has to be some kind of sacrifice, cause else we are not the same as worldly people

Now the next thing is that even when chocolat is ''bonafide'' it is proven that. Eating chocolat is increasing lust, and even cultivating it!!!!!

I just wanted to ask all you, what you know about chocolat being bona fide

if so where is the praman??

I highly doubt this!!! But just want to hear from you how you feel!!!!

Guest guest

you mentioned that if we eat chocolate then we are practically the same as the karmis, but completing your sixteen rounds and following the four regular principles is enough sacrifice for Kali Yuga. Any extra sacrifice is fine as long as it is not a false renunciation of chocolate, because then one will fall down very quickly, it won't last. So if it really up to the individual about whether they would like to eat it or not, but if you eat chocolate that doesnt mean you arent performing sacrifice for Krishna. More important than not eating chocolate is chanting your sixteen rounds.

I am pretty sure that the GBC has now allowed devotees to eat chocolate.

Guest guest

hare krishna prabhus,

we r not suppose 2 eat dark chocolate.

but yes we can consume white chocolate as it doesnt contain any cocoa n hence can be consumed.

I can tell you what is the state of chocolates in India. I heard that in order to reduce production cost the chocolate manufactures use discarded hair from temples like Tirupathi and Palani to extract Karatin, the protein used to make chocolates. Acquiring the same from milk would make the bar too expensive.

Such food, in my opinion is tamasic in nature. Better avoid it.:eek4:

I just wanted to ask all you, what you know about chocolat being bona fide if so where is the praman?? I highly doubt this!!

It should also be noted that you will not find any scriptural pramana against it (for obvious reasons), so I'm not sure what pramana you are looking for. Overall it isn't a very serious matter.

Guest guest

chochlate is also toxic, in cacao u will find a substans called theobromine, it have the same effect in large amounts as cannabis, because the substanse is found in both, for humans theobromine is only a addictive and haveing a calming (drug effect) on the mind, on the other hand u will give choclate to animals they will get poisoned and die! theobromine also cause mutation to animals and are highly toxic! so even if there are no scripture saying sumthing against it, on can look at the scientific things against choclate..

i usually buy things already done (candys) and offer it because i cant make my own.. do u really think Krsna care if sumone (karmi) make sumthing and a devoutee offer it?

I do know what you mean prabhuji, But my question is that if the gbc approved of this chocolat eating, where is it written in a paper???? and if so why after so many years of chocolat free isckon. Anywayz, it is still made by karmis,......and chocolat feeds lust..... so either way I do not take it

Different people, different standards. If you don't eat chocolate, just don't eat chocolate, don't get tempted because you see someone who is not following at the same level as you is eating chocolate. It's made by karmi's anyway.

"A sober person who can tolerate the urge to speak, the mind's demands, the actions of anger and the urges of the tongue, belly and genitals is qualified to make disciples all over the world." NOI Text 1.

These are simply the prerequisites for Krishna Consciousness. Controlling the urges of the tounge is very important, simply engage it in Krishna Prasadam instead, and feel satisfied!

"To eat or not to eat chocolate" - well, this question is obviously on the mental platform and hence there must be some desire to taste the chocolate! Staying on the mental platform will fuel your lust. Because you are stuck on the mental platform of indecision, when lust is not satisfied, it turns into wrath; wrath is transformed into illusion, and illusion continues the material existence. Therefore lust is the greatest enemy of the living entity, and it is lust only which induces the pure living entity to remain in the material world [bG 3.37 Purport] :P

Guest guest

Dont forget that in the process of making coco beans, a LOT of bugs are getting mixed in. There is even a law stating the max. % of bugs allowed.

just to let you know

Guest guest

Dont forget that in the process of making coco beans, a LOT of bugs are getting mixed in. There is even a law stating the max. % of bugs allowed.

just to let you know

euw :crazy:

Haribol, my humble obeisances to all, and all glories to Srila Prabhupada

I have been trying to avoid chocolate as it is a fact that it contains caffeine in varying amounts depending on the sort of choc it is (or so I have read). Caffeine is a no-no I believe ?

There does seem to be something addictive about it, and on the occasions when I have given in and eat some I feel like stuffing my face full of choc, wanting to eat more and more. I then always come out with a faceful of spots a day or so later, which always seems like a warning to me that there is something bad in it so its worth avoiding as far as I'm concerned..

Hare Krishna

Mark :crazy2: