-Srimad-Bhagavatam 2.3.20

Guest guest

"One who has not listened to the messages about the prowess and

marvelous acts of the Personality of Godhead and has not sung or chanted

loudly the worthy songs about the lord is to be considered to possess

earholes like the holes of snakes and tongue like the tongue of a frog."

-Srimad-Bhagavatam 2.3.20

Hari Bol!

Can you help me to know how Lord Shiva appeared?

Where it is quoted and in which Scripture?

Radhe Krishna,

You have given a nice quotation from dwitiya skanda of Bhagavatha, whitelotus. Every Akshara, every shloka of Shrimad Bhagavatha is nectar.

Shrimad Bhagavathakyoyam prathyakshaha krishna eva hi

meaning Shrimad Bhagavatham is Lord Krishna himself

I use to recite Shrimad Bhagavatham in a cycle of two ekadashis and also am writing the scripture. Every time i complete my cycle of recitation, I start it with new vigour. The more and more u read it - the more and more windows open. it is an experience to cherish.

take this from kunthi sthuthi

"vipadaha santhu tah saswath tatra tatra jagadguro

Bhavatho darshanam yatsyat apunarbhava darshanam"

kunthi prays bhagwan, bless me with difficulties. Becuase whenever I am in difficulties I can not but remember u. If getting dfficulties result in rememberance of u then I would welcome difficulties.

Pibatha Bhagavatham muhuraho rasikaha Bhuvi Bavukaha

Radhe Krishna

Lord Shiva is without a birth or an end! He was never born and has always existed. But there is an interesting story on his appearance or rather revealing himself to Vishnu and Brahma who couldn't identify him at first. You should read Shiv Mahapurana for this. Here Shiva appears as a gigantic pillar of fire, as a giant shiva linga that expands through trillions of galaxies! Brahma and Vishnu (krsna) are not able to find its beginning or end even after travelling all over the universes. Then he reveals himself to them saying that he is the eternal Sadashiva.

Om Namah Shivaya!!

Hari Bol!

Can you help me to know how Lord Shiva appeared?

Where it is quoted and in which Scripture?

Guest guest

Lord Shiva is without a birth or an end! He was never born and has always existed. But there is an interesting story on his appearance or rather revealing himself to Vishnu and Brahma who couldn't identify him at first. You should read Shiv Mahapurana for this. Here Shiva appears as a gigantic pillar of fire, as a giant shiva linga that expands through trillions of galaxies! Brahma and Vishnu (krsna) are not able to find its beginning or end even after travelling all over the universes. Then he reveals himself to them saying that he is the eternal Sadashiva.

Om Namah Shivaya!!

Hari Bol!

Thanks for your reply.

But as per scriptures Lord Krishna is the Supreme Lord not only. Hanuman ji is the Incarnation of Lord Shive Who is always serving Lord Ram. He is always chanting Lord Krishna and Ram's name.

Lord Brahma also said in Braham Samhita that Lord Krishna You are the cause of all causes and cause of your self. Than how Lord Shiva is supreme? I am not trying to argue but to get the picture clear. I have full respect for mahadev.

Lord Ram broke the Bow of Shiva and got married with Sita. It is mnot matching when we say that Mahadev has no begning and end. Its only Krishna who has said him self even in Bhagwad gita their is proof of that in 10th Chapter He said that there are tweleve Rudra's and out of Tweleve He is Shiva.

Hari Bol!

Radhe Krishna,

Hi white lotus, I dont know anything about u. But one thing I find very much common - passion for Shrimad Bhagavatham. I am so passionate about the Grantha. Do u recite it regularly. It is a wonderful experience to recite Shrimad Bhagavatham. Every word and every shloka in it is nectar. If it is said that that Shrimad Bhagavatham is Lord krishna himself what to speak of the grantha.

And are u worried about mistakes committed while pronouncing the shlokas.

It is explained in Bhagavatha itself

"Yasmin prathisholkam abhadhyavatyapi"

Even if u pronounce each and every shloka with mistakes, the dear lord still loves it.

Radhe krishna

Radhe Krishna,

Hi white lotus, I dont know anything about u. But one thing I find very much common - passion for Shrimad Bhagavatham. I am so passionate about the Grantha. Do u recite it regularly. It is a wonderful experience to recite Shrimad Bhagavatham. Every word and every shloka in it is nectar. If it is said that that Shrimad Bhagavatham is Lord krishna himself what to speak of the grantha.

And are u worried about mistakes committed while pronouncing the shlokas.

It is explained in Bhagavatha itself

"Yasmin prathisholkam abhadhyavatyapi"

Even if u pronounce each and every shloka with mistakes, the dear lord still loves it.

Radhe krishna

Nice of you to notice! I also respect devotees who are very interested in the Srimad-Bhagavatam.I sometimes feel there should be more devotees like urself in this world.

Hari bole!

Radhe Krishna,

Dear Yogkriya and dear guest, this is the thread where discussion is taking part about Shrimad Bhagavatham. It would be nice if u contribute something in that direction. Who is superior to whom may be discussed in someother thread. Pl dont deviate from the topic of the thread.

"Sankethyam paarihasyam va sthobam helana mevava"

In Ajamilopakhyanam, the greatness and simplicity in chanting the name of Lord Hari is explained. Even if some soul chants the name in the pretext of calling someone or if a person utters the name of Hari even by way of ridiculing some one or chants the name while doing housecores and chatting inbetween - still the merciful lord blesses his devotees efforts - atleast to chant his name.

hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare

hare räma hare räma räma räma hare hare...

That´s all i can get from Shrimath Bhagavatam.

Is so estatic, i am going to make a saving for the ones living in my house to be taking benfiths out of Srila Prbhupäda´s asociation n comentary.

take this from kunthi sthuthi

"vipadaha santhu tah saswath tatra tatra jagadguro

Bhavatho darshanam yatsyat apunarbhava darshanam"

kunthi prays bhagwan, bless me with difficulties. Becuase whenever I am in difficulties I can not but remember u. If getting dfficulties result in rememberance of u then I would welcome difficulties.

Pibatha Bhagavatham muhuraho rasikaha Bhuvi Bavukaha

Radhe Krishna

Radhe Krishna,

white lotus - I have wonderful description of sweet lord from the chathurtha skanda given by Shri Narada.

"Prasadabhimukham Shashwath Prasanna vadanekshanam

sunasam subruvam charu kapolam surasundaram" 44

Shrivatsangam Ghanashyamam purusham vanamaalinam

Shanka chakra gadha padmaihi Abhivyaktha chathurbhujam" 46

........ "Darshaneeya tamam shantham mano nayana vardhanam" 49

I hope above sholkas are self explanatory.

Befor Dhruva goes to tapasya, Shri Narada guides him as to how to do tapasya, bless him with "Dwadasakshari", and describe him the rupa lavanya of Bhagawan.

In the 9th adyaya Shri dhruva gets Dharshan of Bhagawan and submits his Dhruva sthuthi which is one of the most beautiful sthuthis in Shrimad Bhagavatham. If u require meaning I would post back. I posted it at a hurry.

Radhe Krishna

Yes, i can.

what is meant by sthuti, it refers to sthithi, conciousness?

Maybe if, you can could be bringing in the exact transliteration, not at all self explanatory, but seence i ´ve been readding this particular chapter in Srimad-bhagavatam, i think is the eight chapter, when Narada Muni can explain, the rupa, lavanya? is that, something else ?

Like the svaroopa refering to Dhruva Mahäraja´s .....--needs, or penances.

- om namo bhagavate vasudevaya.

Radhe Krishna,

white lotus - I have wonderful description of sweet lord from the chathurtha skanda given by Shri Narada.

"Prasadabhimukham Shashwath Prasanna vadanekshanam

sunasam subruvam charu kapolam surasundaram" 44

Shrivatsangam Ghanashyamam purusham vanamaalinam

Shanka chakra gadha padmaihi Abhivyaktha chathurbhujam" 46

........ "Darshaneeya tamam shantham mano nayana vardhanam" 49

I hope above sholkas are self explanatory.

Befor Dhruva goes to tapasya, Shri Narada guides him as to how to do tapasya, bless him with "Dwadasakshari", and describe him the rupa lavanya of Bhagawan.

In the 9th adyaya Shri dhruva gets Dharshan of Bhagawan and submits his Dhruva sthuthi which is one of the most beautiful sthuthis in Shrimad Bhagavatham. If u require meaning I would post back. I posted it at a hurry.

Radhe Krishna

Dear friend,

Yes I would love to know the meaning of that sweet description of the lord. Thank you .

-padma

Radhe Krishna,

It is not sthithi but sthuthi.

Sthuthi literally means praise.

Whenever a bhaktha gets the darshan of Bhagawan, by his nirvyaja krupa, he/she starts praising Bhagawan. Praises by these elevated souls are not just collection of words but are expression of bhakthi that too - such expressions which comes out of their mouth on getting darshan of Bhagawan - and that too with krupa. These have wonderful purports. Every sthuthi in Shrimad Bhagavatham is like a pearl which are like guidance notes to krishna bhakthas.

let me explain how Shri Narada described the features of Bhagawan in my next post.

Radhe Krishna

Guest guest

can anyone of u tell me where will i get Mp3 or dvd of nalayira divya prabhandham in bangalore?

Hari Bol! Can you help me to know how Lord Shiva appeared? Where it is quoted and in which Scripture?
Shiva, as the name means, is an aspect of eternal 'Brahman'. Which appearance you are talking about? He may have appeared thousands of times. He appeared as Neelakantha during 'Sagara Manthan'.

Hari Bol!

Thanks for your reply.

But as per scriptures Lord Krishna is the Supreme Lord not only. Hanuman ji is the Incarnation of Lord Shive Who is always serving Lord Ram. He is always chanting Lord Krishna and Ram's name.

Lord Brahma also said in Braham Samhita that Lord Krishna You are the cause of all causes and cause of your self. Than how Lord Shiva is supreme? I am not trying to argue but to get the picture clear. I have full respect for mahadev.

Lord Ram broke the Bow of Shiva and got married with Sita. It is mnot matching when we say that Mahadev has no begning and end. Its only Krishna who has said him self even in Bhagwad gita their is proof of that in 10th Chapter He said that there are tweleve Rudra's and out of Tweleve He is Shiva.

Hari Bol!

One who sees differences, does not really see at all (Pashyati). - SriMadbhagwat Geeta

Radhe Krishna,

Krishnadasji, Radhe krishna, U may please contribute what u learnt from Bhagavatham.

The short meaning of what is described about Shri Hari from 45 to 49 shlokas of ashtama Adhyaya of chathurtha skanda -

The ever youthful lord Shri Hari always presents a pleasing look. In his four hands he has Shanka, Chakra, Gadha and Padma. He has decorations from head to toe. Once a person who sees the beautiful roopa by nirvyaja krupa of krishna he can never stretch his mind outside the roopa lavanya.

And how Bheeshmacharya praises lord?

he says being at sharatalpa (the bed of arrows) - Hey! lord! for the purpose of fulfilling my pratigna - that I would see to it that I would provoke krishna to start applying his arms - You got down from the ratha unmindful of your angavasthra falling down from your body with a posture of applying your chakra - I remember this roopa.

See the contrast - a Gnyani like Narada describing the Roopa Lavanya of Bhagawan - And a Kshathriya - Naishtika Brahmachari - Bheesma - describing and enjoying Bhagawan.

I feel he is everything to everybody.

Radhe Krishna