IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

if krishna is in my heart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If Lord krishna, resigns in my heart as vishnu the super soul, how can I get to him, what I mean is, How can I get involved with him, see what he is doing there, talk to him, or any kinda interaction with him?

If Lord krishna, resigns in my heart as vishnu the super soul, how can I get to him, what I mean is, How can I get involved with him, see what he is doing there, talk to him, or any kinda interaction with him?

"how can I get to Him...."

Your coming to Him is already in progress. As soon as you desire to know Him He is aware of your desire and will make your faith steady in Him so that you may fully arrive in His presence.

"O' Lord in the heart, please strengthen our budding desires to know You."

We are in the presence of Supersoul right now but aren't aware of it. Like the example of two parrots next to each other on a tree limb but one is so distracted by trying to enjoy the fruits of the tree that she has become oblivious to her partner sitting beside her, patiently waiting for her attention to return to him.

So no one is closer to Supersoul than each one of us in that Supersoul is the Soul of every soul. Yet for we who are conditioned or distracted souls He is far away as well. It is our distraction of course that makes Him seem so distant. It is like being in a room with other people and drifting off into a daydream about being somewhere else and becoming so involved with the daydream that we forget where we actually are. We have lost consciousness of our real surroundings. So it is in actual life. We have lost our consciousness of Krsna and need to regain it, i.e. Krsna Consciousness.

Krsna, the Lord in the Heart is always self revealing. So the simplest answer as to your question of how to get to know Him and interact with Him is to ask Him to reveal Himself. How to talk to Him? As you would talk to a person who is your dearmost friend for one. As your father and the source of your being for another. Those in distress approach Him as a savior. You will find your own mood.

I have found meditating on the prayers that have been handed down to be very helpful but don't neglect the simple heartfelt utterances that we may say to Him through the day. We don't gain so much by formally trying to imitate the moods of the great souls as we do by being honest with the Lord in the heart. In this way we can develop a continual dialouge with the Lord throughout the day.

Like when we chant japa we can turn our attention inwardly and ask the Supersoul to please help us chant nice attentive and pleasing japa.

There are no tricks or magic formula's by which we can compell the Lord to reveal Himself. As we come to realize this we see the need to become humble beggars for His mercy.

I seem to be always in distress so probably my most sincere prayer goes something like this, :pray: "Help! Please help me Lord." I find this applicable for all my present circumstances.

Those who are more advanced are always seeking the Lord's help in their quest to please their guru by following his instructions and they rely on the Lord's help to do so. They say this attitutde pleases the Lord very much and He naturally will reveal Himself to such a soul.

All glories to the Lord in the heart!

TRANSLATION Bhagavad-gita 18.14

The place of action [the body], the performer, the various senses, the many different kinds of endeavor, and ultimately the Supersoul—these are the five factors of action.

PURPORT

The word adhishthanam refers to the body. The soul within the body is acting to bring about the results of activity and is therefore known as karta, "the doer." That the soul is the knower and the doer is stated in the sruti. Esha hi drashta srashta (Prasna Upanishad 4.9). It is also confirmed in the Vedanta-sutra by the verses jno 'ta eva (2.3.18) and karta sastrarthavattvat (2.3.33). The instruments of action are the senses, and by the senses the soul acts in various ways. For each and every action there is a different endeavor. But all one's activities depend on the will of the Supersoul, who is seated within the heart as a friend. The Supreme Lord is the supercause. Under these circumstances, he who is acting in Krishna consciousness under the direction of the Supersoul situated within the heart is naturally not bound by any activity. Those in complete Krishna consciousness are not ultimately responsible for their actions. Everything is dependent on the supreme will, the Supersoul, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

------------------

An easy way to get a glimpse of the Lord's presence is by taking the knowledge that we just learned from this verse, that Supersoul is a factor in every action, and then contemplating on all the actions that are happening around us. The Lord's hand is thus seen working in everything everywhere.

The humans moving & speaking, the animals, the insects, the growing plants & the opening of a flower, the cells that make up our body.

The Lord is not really hiding from us, we are hiding from Him. Once we remember this why then do we forget again and fall to feeling alone and cut off?

Because from Supersoul come rememberance and forgetfullness. He fullfills our desire to forget Him because we still want to to exploit this material nature and we can't do that very well while thinking of Krsna. It's hard to steal from someone when they are looking right at you. We must give up our thieving desires.

The mind is a sense also. Krsna is a factor in every act of accepting or rejecting something. We already know that He is behind our forgetting and remeberance. Now here is a trick. To recognize and remember Krsna even as He is causing us to forget Him.

Srila Prabhupada once said that our aim should not be to see the Lord rather our activities should be such that the Lord would want to see us. So kindly Chant Hare Krishna, read Srila Prabhupada's books, eat prasadam associate with devotees. By doing this sincerely the Lord will want to see you.:)