IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Ramachandra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When Prabhupada says that there are no difference between Gods Form and Name and so on.. thats isnt enteirly true, in Ramayana, Ramas body is made of maya, and He abandon it in the water and get back Hes true Visnu body, and the essence of Visnu, 1/4 of the essence of God returns to the heavenly abode, Rams body is made of maya:

"

Brahma spoke,

"0 gracious Vishnu. Be pleased to return to your celestial abode. Thou art the Soul of All - indestructible, immutable an eternal. Be pleased to give up this form of maya and resume your swaroopa".

Out of the waters rose the incredibly beautiful form of Lord Vishnu holding the discus, conch, mace and play lotus in His hands. All the others who had decided to join Him also came out of the water endowed with celestial forms and all rose up to the heavens as the music of the spheres floated down in the velvet darkness.

-

Uttar Kanda - Canto II

how then can the Name of God and Hes From be the same, when the Ramayan states that Rams body is illusory, made of maya?

Guest guest

Please cite the verse and chapter numbers for further discussion to take place. Generally unsubstantiated "quotations" will be removed.

this is a web version of the ramayana so there are none, but i have taken from what canto and chapter, it is in the last part of the book..

Dear Govinda_Das,

Try to post this thread in spiritual discussion area. May be you might get more response there. You have raised an interesting question and would be nice if we can get some information.

However I sort of not agree with you when you say that "Prabhupada isnt enteirly true". Lets get an explanation first then we can make a conclusion.

Arjuna also didnt understand anything when krishna told him that the knowledge he is imparting to him(to arjuna) was first told to Sun God by him(by Krishna). Arjuna didnt say you are wrong krishna thats not possible instead he asked for clarification.

Hari bol

this is a web version of the ramayana so there are none, but i have taken from what canto and chapter, it is in the last part of the book..

"Uttar Kanda - Canto II"

That's about as specific as saying somewhere in the second half of the book. If no verse numbers are available, then it is likely this verse isn't accurate. I have read Ramayana and never came across a similar verse. If neither the sanskrit can be provided, nor the verse number, then the discussion is meaningless.

Odd how quickly you were able to come to this conclusion without having actually read the book, nor verified the translation, nor the verse location, nor the chapter context:

When Prabhupada says that there are no difference between Gods Form and Name and so on.. thats isnt enteirly true ... Rams body is made of maya

In otherwords, be more thorough in your study before pointing out defects in people's teachings.

Guest guest

im not pointing out any defects, in the version i have, it says that ramas body is made of maya, and he gave his body up and the visnu form arose from the water.. but if u say my version is wrong, im happy to get an other copy of it, but it is strange that my copy is corrupt then..

but then where can i get a full version of online Ramayana then, thats "ok"..

I recommend the Ramayana published by Gita Press. The Ramcharitamanas is offered for free download by them, but I'm not sure if the Valmiki Ramayana is also downloadable. If not you can buy the Valmiki version from them for a very small amount, I think it is 100 rs. or something (for a very thick book).

I have Ramayana Gita Press. I did not see the fight between Luv, Kush and the army of Rama as a part of ashwamedh yajna in it. What could be the reason?

In the preface I it is written that earlier Gita pressed published Valmiki Ramayana in 3 volumes and now it is in 2 volumes. (I have 2 volumes). Is it possible that the story was removed to reduce the number of volumes?

I will have to look into the reason, but some people consider that section to be interpolation. It is possible that Gita press has taken this stance.

I first thought of interpolation. But, as I have heard, there are some people who consider the entire story from Rama banishing Sita till Sita entering the Earth as interpolation. But Gita press mentions that Rama banished Sita. However, it does not contain the war beween Luv, Kush and Rama's army.

Guest guest
ive looked at the end of a ramayana version sumone sent me as a link in a private message, i looked in the uttar khand and my version and that vesrion arent even the same, in the version from gitamrita link.. i will now throw away the version i hvae..